facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 25, 2011, 03:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Not specifically about homosexuality, but close enough....

New York has legalized Gay Marriage, and this passed through a Republican controlled Senate(2 crossed the floor on this issue). While many will say NY Republicans are Republicans In Name Only(RINO), it is still a momentous decision.

6th state/territory in the US to authorize it.

-So what do we all make of it?
-How many of us/you have gay(Bengali or otherwise) friends/family/acquaintances/neighbors?

Old June 25, 2011, 04:07 AM
Club Cricketer

as far as i know (which might be wrong) that Australia is a hot destination for bangladeshi homosexuals seeking asylum and some of them have already been granted permission to live there. I saw some debate on the health issues here. I think getting the disease depends on practicing safe sex. Both homo and hetero sex should be comparatively equally risky if you are not doing it safely.
Old June 25, 2011, 07:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Your stand should be against the behaviors of homosexuals rather than calling them "unnatural". I am attracted to girls but I can choose to be abstinent. Pedophilia may have genetic component to it also but they violate rights of other people and their practice is wrong. They have the control to not engage in such despicable behaviors. Behaviors can be modified but what you feel inside or what you are, unfortunately is a bit harder to change. This is where I embrace Quran or other religious books. They can help you modify your behaviors (ie sexual practice). But to say, to have sexual feelings for anyone other than your opposite sexed spouse is unnatural is WRONG.
Indeed, an excellent insight!

Having said that, I still consider it to be unnatural. I believe I have both the scriptural and scientific reasons behind it. Don't feel like getting into details here. I believe a plenty have been discussed here in this thread to help us form our opinions. Suffice to say Allah has prohibited this outright and THAT is enough for me.

Perhaps, a more appropriate inquiry could be WHY there is an increasing tendency in homosexual behaviour in our time? Is it because of increasing socital acceptance? Perhaps, social conditioning through mass media, educational and scientific institutions? Biological tampering of food and drugs we intake? Pollution -perhaps? There was a study of certain birds exposed to high level of mercury exhibiting a clear shift in their sexual behaviour - for example.
Old June 25, 2011, 07:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan

Perhaps, a more appropriate inquiry could be WHY there is an increasing tendency in homosexual behaviour in our time?
Is there an 'increasing tendency' as you put it?

Or are people more confident about revealing themselves, so they seem to be more prevalent? After all...homosexuality is as old as 'doggystyle' and we know that **** is ancient.
Old June 25, 2011, 08:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have a huge problem with homosexuals. I do not show those ill feelings since I am in US. To me it is a choice that creates problem in the society. Be it HIV, STDs, or opposing the fundamental bonding of marriage.

Therefore, I avoid them at all cost. I do not misbehave with them when confronted, so "no", I do not hate them. If I could, I would try to show them the light (in my belief). Right and wrong, can not be the same.
Old June 25, 2011, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I have a huge problem with homosexuals. I do not show those ill feelings since I am in US. To me it is a choice that creates problem in the society. Be it HIV, STDs, or opposing the fundamental bonding of marriage.

Therefore, I avoid them at all cost. I do not misbehave with them when confronted, so "no", I do not hate them. If I could, I would try to show them the light (in my belief). Right and wrong, can not be the same.
I remember you having a baby during or just after the WC, so what would you do if your child turned out to be homosexual?

Disown them?
Beat them straight(pardon the pun)?

Also not confronting them because of the environment you live in doesn't mean you don't hate them. You state you have a problem with them, and avoid them at all costs...sounds like hate to me.

Millions of husbands and wives cheating on their spouses on a daily basis, millions of divorces are helping to oppose the fundamental bonding of marriages in a way homosexuality never could.
Old June 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I remember you having a baby during or just after the WC, so what would you do if your child turned out to be homosexual?

Disown them?
Beat them straight(pardon the pun)?

Also not confronting them because of the environment you live in doesn't mean you don't hate them. You state you have a problem with them, and avoid them at all costs...sounds like hate to me.

Millions of husbands and wives cheating on their spouses on a daily basis, millions of divorces are helping to oppose the fundamental bonding of marriages in a way homosexuality never could.

you should assume these quoted lines bellow as answer to your pun intended questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

A conscious straight,pious father wouldn't let his daughter to be turned out to be homosexual at the first place unless the case is genetic(though there is still contradiction with it's origin).
+++
ditto to Mijan bhai on this issue.
Old June 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Male homosexuality should stay behind doors.

Lesbianism should be out in the public as much as possible.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old June 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Male homosexuality should stay behind doors.

Lesbianism should be out in the public as much as possible.

What about butch dykes?

You want to watch Roseanne Barr making out :dead:
Old June 25, 2011, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

achcha,what's the difference between homo & hijra?
Old June 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

signed
Old June 25, 2011, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Bhais, sometimes I think I am a lesbian prisoned in a male boty!
Old June 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

^^^hahaha!
Old June 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

absolutely cool with it. in fact, i have a homo friend here in bd where homos don't generally come out of the colset
Old June 25, 2011, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Against homosexuality.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old June 25, 2011, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Against it. It is against law of nature. If making a dam in river, connibalism etc are illegal then homosexuality should be made illegal. Imagine a world full of gays and lesbian and no normal people. How production of children will be made for continuance of mankind. All babies will be test-tube babies? The concept is a threat to mankind imo.
Old June 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
absolutely cool with it. in fact, i have a homo friend here in bd where homos don't generally come out of the colset
your friends are aware of the consequence? The act is illegal in BD and could be punished with life imprisonment if proven.
Old June 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Congrats, New York.

Some top-knotch posts on this thread, and some borderline idiotic ones too. A lot of drivel about homosexuality here that are based on cockamamie (no pun intended) "theories" and "logic." Some of us should have our mouths closed and minds open.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old June 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
You don't sound like you are perfectly ok with it, you keep using the term "homo". Which is almost always used in a negative manner, not sure I would do the same...but maybe that's just me.

Old June 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Against it. It is against law of nature. If making a dam in river, connibalism etc are illegal then homosexuality should be made illegal. Imagine a world full of gays and lesbian and no normal people. How production of children will be made for continuance of mankind. All babies will be test-tube babies? The concept is a threat to mankind imo.
I see this against the laws of nature logic thrown up all the time, how can something that occurs in nature and has for as long as man has inhabited this planet, be against the laws of nature?

Also did you just compare homosexuality with cannibalism, and building dams? Why leave out pedophilia, Seriously? As for your concerns about procreation and threat to the survival of mankind, I'd say that's the least of our worries...hehe.

Old June 25, 2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

exactly. as someone already said, open up your mind peeps. its twenty first century remember? lets all be enlightened. and why just stop at legalizing gay marriages? how bout bestiality, incest et al?
Old June 25, 2011, 04:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib
exactly. as someone already said, open up your mind peeps. its twenty first century remember? lets all be enlightened. and why just stop at legalizing gay marriages? how bout bestiality, incest et al?
pwnd....

why stop there? why not neo-nazi endorsed hate crimes, genocide, pedophilia and terrorism....
Old June 25, 2011, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib
So can you tell me why incest is wrong without saying its "disgusting" or "unnatural" or anything similar? If incest happens between two consenting adults, who are we to say no? In some cultures marrying one's cousin is perfectly common, while incestuous in others ... Should they be legalized or banned? As far as bestiality ... Since the animals can't give consent (if it could, it would object to its slaughter, too) ... Who are we to say a man can put a knife to his cow but not his d*ck?

Old June 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
pwnd....

why stop there? why not neo-nazi endorsed hate crimes, genocide, pedophilia and terrorism....
Easy. Because the other party doesn't give consent to dying, tortured or getting raped (usually), or is too young to do so.

Old June 25, 2011, 06:26 PM
Cricket Savant

eto kisu bujhina but I'm against it morally,that doesn't mean I will be rude towards them or like force them to behave normally but no way I will encourage this.
already I feel like the population of gay people is increasing fast.I think the western pop culture is stimulating this minority.
btw,I would like to know what law says in BD regarding homosexuality.