facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 4, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Early Word on the Haque Duo

Having finally gotten a chance to watch their entire innings I have to say I'm overall impressed. Here's my take on it.

Anamul has footwork issues as everyone has noticed but his issues are limited to playing pace only. His footwork is solid against spin and he plays spin quite confidently. On more seam friendly tracks he is a prime candidate to edging behind but his technique improves as the ball comes in closer to the stumps. He will be hard to be dislodged via lbw or clean bowleds. Like Mominul and Nasir, he is lightening quick between the wickets and we can count on him to score an extra 5-10 runs per innings just from tight running alone. He plays with soft hands and is not afraid of opening the face to play balls safely behind square to pick up easy singles when the boundaries are harder to get. He is an excellent cutter and dabber of the ball, a decent driver, and very strong with leg glances/whips and is generally superb on anything to the on side. He can play all shots against spinners with ease. He seems to be able to bat well in all gears, and has a knack for crease occupation and scoring mammoth knocks.

There are only two things I can see that he needs to work on. The most pressing is his driving against pace on the off side. He must get his feet moving. He cuts well against pace as this is a backfoot shot that is naturally played away from the body, but his driving is very imbalanced and will get him out more often than not on livelier tracks. He needs to come onto the front foot instead of playing from the crease.

Mominul played more of a cameo knock thus far, but its evident that he has a better technique as of right now. He plays all his shots reasonably well and is a strokemaker. A very good player to have. His main problems that he needs to work on are his trouble making really big scores. 40s and 50s are good, but he needs to threaten the triple digits more when he gets the opportunity.

Both seem to be quite athletic in the field, perhaps not as much as Aftab in his prime or anywhere close to Nasir now, but are still very very good. Overall, they are extremely promising players who can serve us for the next 15 years or more.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old December 4, 2012, 05:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

When a batsman score 10 centuries in a year , then copybook footwork doesn't matter. He can convert 90s into hundred with ease. Though he is only 19 but he played like 29 .
Old December 4, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i agree mominul needs to work on making big scores, but i think he's starting to rectify that, he only had 1 FC century before the start of the current NCL and has made 2 since then. there's been what 5 rounds of NCL? so before it started he had 1 FC century in 14 matches and in the last 5 matches he's added 2 so hopefully that trend will continue.

i think you were spot on with anamul, he is good against spin, has footwork issues against pace but his temperament is great. he played a really mature innings to get that ton, played in all gears as well which is generally a problem for BD batsmen.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Haque duo good debut but it will be best if they can again win it for us...regardless they are young and unless they get other BD players' desease, if they work on the improvements it will be really beneficial for the BD team
Old December 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
When a batsman score 10 centuries in a year , then copybook footwork doesn't matter. He can convert 90s into hundred with ease. Though he is only 19 but he played like 29 .
this is the thing about anamul, he clearly has something that any other BD batsman in history is yet to have, the ability to score centuries consistently. but if you look at the way he scored that ODI century, it was very mature, he played well in all situations and gears, has any other BD batsman shown the ability to change gears so well? shakib has probably been the ebst which is why he's been the most successful, tamim and mushy have the ability to do it but struggle even more than shakib, anamul is already doing it which is a great thing for BD as it means he can focus more on his technique weaknesses because he already understands how to play to situations.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i agree mominul needs to work on making big scores, but i think he's starting to rectify that, he only had 1 FC century before the start of the current NCL and has made 2 since then. there's been what 5 rounds of NCL? so before it started he had 1 FC century in 14 matches and in the last 5 matches he's added 2 so hopefully that trend will continue.

i think you were spot on with anamul, he is good against spin, has footwork issues against pace but his temperament is great. he played a really mature innings to get that ton, played in all gears as well which is generally a problem for BD batsmen.
Mominul scored 2 NCL hundreds this year? Ok, thats good...I must have forgotten about his 2nd ton. That is very promising then.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

These two should be managed and used from now on rather than going with failures like Nazimuddin, Raqibul, Alok etc. But how are we going to oversome short pitched deliveries? silly BCB does not even consider making some of our pitches in domestic tournaments bouncy so it will encourage our fast bowlers to bowl more and improve in both bowling and batting.