facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 4, 2009, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn
Default which ipl franchise would suit our players best?

which ipl franchise would suit our players best.

that is to say, where will our players benefit most from AND also where they are needed most.

this is what i think:

shakib - i have a strong feeling he will find himself at bangalore royal challengers. they will seek for a player that has the 'x factor' and someone who fills the role of middle order stroke maker and also quality spinner.

ashraful - chennai superkings are definitely lacking t20 middle order batting depth. with albie morkel regularly batting at five, it seems a certain fragment is missing and i believe our own ash is the final piece of the jigsaw.

mortaza - with the pull out of pollock, mumbai indians will be looking to replace the fast medium bowler as best as possible, and who better to do it than our very own mashrafi.

tamim - the deccan chargers have shuffled their top order relentlessly, going from gilchrist-laxman, to gilchrist-gibbs and then to gilchrist-afridi. with the very real risk of gilchrist losing his touch due to his international retirement, it seems prudent that the chargers recruit an up-and-coming t20 star; either to replace gilchrist or be his permanent opening partner. that up-and-coming t20 star is tamim.
Old February 4, 2009, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Good analysis.
Old February 4, 2009, 04:18 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Shakib Al Hasan

I think the Chennai Superkings have a pretty stable batting line up and probably wont take Ashraful
I think he might be useful for Rajasthan
He might even improve his batting with coaching from Shane Warne
Old February 4, 2009, 04:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Bangalore is the worst possible choice for any BD player. RD is not the type of captain to support his players. Rajsthan is the best possible place for any BD player to be in, maximum learning. Money will be almost the same anywhere they go.

However do we have any choice in a buyers market? Even Pietersen doesn't have a choice I guess.
Old February 4, 2009, 08:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Bangalore is the worst possible choice for any BD player. RD is not the type of captain to support his players. Rajsthan is the best possible place for any BD player to be in, maximum learning. Money will be almost the same anywhere they go.

However do we have any choice in a buyers market? Even Pietersen doesn't have a choice I guess.
On the contrary I'd say Bangalore and Hyderbad (or even Mumbai)teams would be the best for the lot.Other teams are more or less stable.It would be very difficult for say Tamim to break into the playing 11 of Rajastan Royals as they already have a stable Indian batting pair.Remember there are only 4 slots available to the internationals.

I agree with the author of the therad of except for Chennai which is almost set,
The Rajasthan team has money to spend this time and I have a feeling that they would go after Flintoff (to replace Tanvir) and Duminy.

All in all Mumbai,B'lore and Hyd would be the best bets for BD players
Old February 4, 2009, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Ashraful should go to Delhi. Delhi has probably the most dangerous Top order but their middle order lacks the similar flair. Ashraful will fit in with Delhi's aggressive style immediately. And maybe Sehwag and Gambhir can give him some tips on how to be aggressive but still preserve your wicket in International cricket.

Mashrafe should go to Rajasthan. As they will be missing Tanvir they will need a new ball bowler who can hit BIG in the death overs. And Mash is a perfect replacement for Tanvir. On current form I'd say Mash is better than Tanvir. He has been bowling brilliantly with the new ball and we all know his hitting capabilities.

Shakib should go to Hyderabad. He is much better than Afridi in all three departments. I think at least 4-5 teams would want him. But Hyderabad should be desperate to get him. As with the absence of Afridi it leaves them without a spinner.

Tamim should go to Chennai. The Chennai openers are not aggressive enough. They open with Parthiv Patel. Tamim on his worst day would be able to score quicker than their two openers. Tamim would be devastating under the captaincy of MSD. Look at Sehwag, Yuvraj and Gambhir they are playing the best cricket of their lives with full aggression and I think Dhoni has something to do with that.

But I think all four of the players would want to go to either Bombay or Kolkata to get as near as Bollywood as possible. They would be hoping SRK gives them a special appearance in his next film. And of course all the Bollywood babes will be after them.
Old February 4, 2009, 07:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: mash,ash,mush,shakib

I think our players should be on the kolkato knight riders team, since we are bengali too.
Old February 4, 2009, 07:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: mash,ash,mush,shakib

Back to banglacricket again. I visit banglacricket almost everyday but not writing anything just reading what you guys have to say.
Old February 5, 2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz
back to banglacricket again. I visit banglacricket almost everyday but not writing anything just reading what you guys have to say.
এখন, আমাদের সৌভাগ্য হবে আপনার লেখা পড়ার...
Old February 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
এখন, আমাদের সৌভাগ্য হবে আপনার লেখা পড়ার...
Kalpurush bhai, i feel your avatar has a lot a of philosophical value... i have noticed that you adapt it in accordance with the current National team progress/state
Old February 4, 2009, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

how ironic is this, all paki s not coming, and guess whats the equation
Butt-could be replaced by tamim iqbal
Afridi-more than likely to be replaced by worlds no.1 allrounder
Tanvir- World no.8 bowler
Misbah ul haq-did he just make room for our captain??
Old February 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

i wish...Mashrafee cud play in Kolkata Knight Riders along with Ishant sharma ! it wud b very helpful to him and to us also ! As Umar gul and Shoaid akter are uncertain, mashrafee might have a good chance to join in KKR !! wat do u say guys !??
Old February 4, 2009, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimjay.
which ipl franchise would suit our players best.

that is to say, where will our players benefit most from AND also where they are needed most.

this is what i think:

shakib - i have a strong feeling he will find himself at bangalore royal challengers. they will seek for a player that has the 'x factor' and someone who fills the role of middle order stroke maker and also quality spinner.

ashraful - chennai superkings are definitely lacking t20 middle order batting depth. with albie morkel regularly batting at five, it seems a certain fragment is missing and i believe our own ash is the final piece of the jigsaw.

mortaza - with the pull out of pollock, mumbai indians will be looking to replace the fast medium bowler as best as possible, and who better to do it than our very own mashrafi.

tamim - the deccan chargers have shuffled their top order relentlessly, going from gilchrist-laxman, to gilchrist-gibbs and then to gilchrist-afridi. with the very real risk of gilchrist losing his touch due to his international retirement, it seems prudent that the chargers recruit an up-and-coming t20 star; either to replace gilchrist or be his permanent opening partner. that up-and-coming t20 star is tamim.
youve made some interesting points but,

Adam Gilchrist has become captain for the Deccan Chargers so it is unlikely that they will replace him with Tamim Iqbal. They also have players in the top order as you said like Gibbs and Afridi who can open, so they would probably look to sign an overseas in player who is a bowler, allrounder or a middle order batsman rather than an opener

Chennai Superkings actually have a very strong batting lineup. They have players like Hussey, Dhoni, and Albie Morkel as you say in their middle order and also some other good Indian batsmen like Subramaniam Badrinath and Suresh Raina. So I would say they are most like to sign a fast bowler, because they only have Ntini.

The rumour in India is that Bangalore Royal Challengers are favourites to sign Kevin Pietersen. Since Kevin Pietersen has a base price of 1.3 m, it is likely to suck up their 2 m budget. However, since they are losing someone like Misbah ul Haq and have a relatively weak opening pair, I would tip the Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal to have a better chance of being signed up by Bangalore Royal Challengers.
Old February 4, 2009, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
youve made some interesting points but,
They also have players in the top order as you said like Gibbs and Afridi who can open, so they would probably look to sign an overseas in player who is a bowler, allrounder or a middle order batsman rather than an opener
Keep up with the news, pak players not going to feature at all in the IPL this year.

Last edited by Nafi; February 4, 2009 at 05:19 PM..
Old February 4, 2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

imagine all of them in the same team lol??
Old February 4, 2009, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
ya man we could open our own franchise: Chittagong Bandors (Monkeys)
Old February 4, 2009, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijanur
would be fun
tamim i feel would get more chances to play with bangalore but then again the royal challengers suck
Old February 4, 2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iqbal,ishant,southee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharjilh
ya man we could open our own franchise: Chittagong Bandors (Monkeys)
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
would be fun
tamim i feel would get more chances to play with bangalore but then again the royal challengers suck
hope it happens
Old February 4, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

i hope they get picked and in teams that will allow them significant matches. Poor Razzak was only used after the team was out of contention and even then was used minimally.

Sakib has a good cricketing brain and should do well for any team.

Mash has the opportunity to shine since he doesn't like the old ball and the match is only 20 overs long.

I hope Ash gets picked up by a team with a captain that he can learn from (Warne, Dhoni or Ganguly).

Based on Tamim's SR, I really don't see him getting picked up by any teams.
Old February 4, 2009, 12:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good effort Karimjay.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed for couple of more nights to see where our boys end up, if they do that is.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 4, 2009, 01:01 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

tomorow is IPL auction day.can't wait......hope 4 of them get a team.......
Old February 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The Team that overpaid for Dravid and Kallis on the Same Squad
Old February 4, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

afridi, butt, gul, sohail, malik, all of these guys leaving should definetly leave some space for the bd players
Old February 4, 2009, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I seriously hope that nobody gets picked...IPL IS A JOKE!!!
Old February 5, 2009, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
I seriously hope that nobody gets picked...IPL IS A JOKE!!!

now...its a good joke !!