facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

On top of these the ICC is planning to reinstating the home umpires on the both ends! Good!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Old February 18, 2010, 03:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The non-catch has a very strong influence on the outcome of the match. There is a huge difference between a win and a respectable defeat.

We can try taking Shakib's head for not asking for the UDRS; but first thing first. McCullum cheated, the umpires sucked and now Vettori is even more pathetic. Bangladesh managemnt should make an official complaint.
Old February 18, 2010, 04:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

C'mon guys, they needed this win badly.
After all, looks like they can only manage a win against us.
Desperation shows.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 18, 2010, 04:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

That's being too harsh with Mcculum, players do appeal with marginal possibility. It is the umpire who should be at fault, bcz he should have checked with the 3rd umpire as it was nit a clear clean catch. I would blame Shakib more than McCulum, why didn't he use the refferal system? As a cptain he should have known that's available, they must have discussed the use of it in team meetings. In fact that was a crucial time & he should have used it even if he wasnt sure of the drop. You don't get any bonus for not using chances.

All the teams appealon half chances, it was a bit difficult for McCulam to know if there was a drop. He could always have a doubt. This wasnt a clear cheating like latif. IMO, we should blameourselves more than Mc or Umpire; precisely UDRS system has been introduce to eliminate such mistakes. And we haven't used it. It was funny to hear shamimchow defending shakib saying we are new in this system, but he forgot all the teams are new in this system and all of them got that right except us.
Old February 18, 2010, 04:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

OMG will you stop it with the whining. thats all you BD fans do whine about little things. BIG DEAL MOVE THE F ON!

Don't you guys have bigger fish to fry like the fact that you continue to fail in all formats of cricket. Worry about that instead.
Old February 18, 2010, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy
OMG will you stop it with the whining. thats all you BD fans do whine about little things. BIG DEAL MOVE THE F ON!

Don't you guys have bigger fish to fry like the fact that you continue to fail in all formats of cricket. Worry about that instead.
We don't have to worry about failing because we know we r in the right track and we could have won this test to if not for those calls. so don't F around here with your F post.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 18, 2010, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
We don't have to worry about failing because we know we r in the right track and we could have won this test to if not for those calls. so don't F around here with your F post.
Yep, agreed akabir77. So F guy, get your F right or get the F outta here.
Old February 18, 2010, 12:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichchi
we fans are the biggest losers... baje shot ta khelse Shakib, huda Mccullam re dosh diya laab ase??? This is way too much whining, especially when we can't even score 100 without losing 5 wickets in the flattest 4th day wicket I have seen..
Khati kotha bolsen. Amader nijeder fault-e nojor na diye khali finger pointing-e besto. Bhabkhana emon je oi catch na holei khela pura ghero jeto.
Old February 18, 2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
look, I too can make up something allegedly said by shakib against Indians.
I know you like to 'imagine' all kinds of insults from India to feed your pet paranoia but it is simply not true. you have no evidence, no proof yet you go on on this tangent.
smells like a conspiracy theory to me. (the feds are gonna get me....... illuminati runs the world...........BCCI is responsible for global warming.............)
Except that in this case, these are not allegations. The bolded part in his quote is real.
Old February 18, 2010, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
look, I too can make up something allegedly said by shakib against Indians.
I know you like to 'imagine' all kinds of insults from India to feed your pet paranoia but it is simply not true. you have no evidence, no proof yet you go on on this tangent.
smells like a conspiracy theory to me. (the feds are gonna get me....... illuminati runs the world...........BCCI is responsible for global warming.............)
The "meal allowance" quote

And it's not something that's insulting only in a few paranoid Bangladeshi fans' eyes
Old February 18, 2010, 01:41 PM
BC Editorial Team

What say you now Mr. Neel Here? - as myself
Old February 19, 2010, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

so it was IS bindra, who is a certified a.. hole. and that makes the whole of India anti-BD in some way ? that man has called names to everyone from kapil dev to sourav ganguly. that means the whole of India is somehow anti-kapil and anti-ganguly ?
there's some problem with this logic.
Old February 19, 2010, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

LOL ... let it go man, let it go ... remember the match between INDIA VS AUSTRALIA ... now that is called extreme cheating ... anyways we played some good cricket ... CONGRATS TO SHAKIB AND RIYAD
Old February 19, 2010, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

here is the vdo of McCheat ! watch whoever missed it !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOposx7tJ64
Old February 19, 2010, 07:04 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

What is all this fuss about opposition player/neutral umpire cheating when we know it ourselves that our boys didn't have it in them to win a test match?

The major thing to note about the Multan test was that we dropped many catches back then even after Latif cheating and in this match, we also dropped 3 catches in the 2nd innings after umpire-cheating. So what's the point? Catches win matches. Catches win matches.
Old February 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
What is all this fuss about opposition player/neutral umpire cheating when we know it ourselves that our boys didn't have it in them to win a test match?

The major thing to note about the Multan test was that we dropped many catches back then even after Latif cheating and in this match, we also dropped 3 catches in the 2nd innings after umpire-cheating. So what's the point? Catches win matches. Catches win matches.
That's really one of the weirdest arguments I've seen in my life. Aussies dropped 4 loppas against Pak in the Test that Pak was this close to winning. But they still won. Why? Because it's not easy to please Ponting. Even the slightest doubt he has in his mind, he would take it on the umpire. That's what we have to learn from. As a cricketing nation, we're probably one of the quietest in the field. That's what the problem is. If Sakib looked at it, and he saw what happened...or if Riyad had seen it and had the slightest doubt, they should have taken it to the umpire. Our people are extremely defensive...and that's why they never get into these kind of arguments - which they should.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:43 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
so it was IS bindra, who is a certified a.. hole. and that makes the whole of India anti-BD in some way ? that man has called names to everyone from kapil dev to sourav ganguly. that means the whole of India is somehow anti-kapil and anti-ganguly ?
there's some problem with this logic.
If a democratically elected leader happens to be an a__hole then the burden falls to those who got him there. Explain how IS Bindra gets to be in a position where he can be a leader of Indian cricket.

Think of it this way - when W was elected 2nd time around - the whole world bashed us Americans in general!
Old February 19, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...lum-apologises

Quote:
It wasn't a catch - McCullum appologises

Brendon McCullum has apologised to Shakib Al Hasan and admits his "catch" to dismiss the Bangladesh captain should not have been given out.

New Zealand wicketkeeper McCullum has had an eventful 50th test in Hamilton – scoring a test-best 185 before that effort was overshadowed by the controversial catch.

McCullum scooped up an edge when Shakib was on 87, within sight of a first test hundred.

Though his immediate reaction was that the ball had carried, after watching replays McCullum admitted it had bounced.

"It's a difficult one," McCullum said.

"At the moment that it came through, I guess your first instinct is that the ball carried. Straight away though I went to Dan [New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori] and I went to the umpires and said that I wasn't sure and it might be best if we check it with the television replays. The umpires were happy with it, they were adamant it carried so we did try and, I guess, seek all the resources, to try and make sure it was legitimate."

McCullum said wearing thick keeping gloves meant it was often hard to tell whether or not catches had carried.

"It was unfortunate the replays showed that it did bounce but I guess we tried to cover off what we could. With gloves on as well, it can be a little bit difficult. In those situations I guess you always try and make sure that you cover things off with the umpires and with all the footage that you do have. That was what we tried to do I guess."

Umpires Rod Tucker and Rudi Koertzen held a discussion before, eventually, Shakib's dismissal was confirmed.

Shakib did not use the referral system to challenge his dismissal.

"In the end, it probably wasn't the right decision, for him to be given out but I think we did try and cover it off and that's all you can do from a player's perspective."

McCullum's guilt led him to apologise to the Bangladesh captain and their coach Jamie Siddons.

"I spoke to Shakib and I also spoke to Jamie as well and just reassured them there was certainly no malice on my behalf.

"I'm basically comfortable that they know it's part and parcel of the game. And while they're disappointed – it would have been a great hundred if he had gone on and got it, it's frustrating for them I'm sure – but there's certainly no ill-feeling between us which is good."
Old February 19, 2010, 08:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

Fair enough ... Now what do the umpires have to say?
Old February 19, 2010, 08:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

fire the umps...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 19, 2010, 09:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

fair enough. we accept, but the match would have been drawn most likely.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2010, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Fair. But, the umps? that's another story.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

This is good news! See...guys with tats can't be that bad.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 19, 2010, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

its all rubbish !!! honest players wont ever claim a catch when he is doubtful let alone telling umps to review it !!! i do not buy this story !!!
Old February 20, 2010, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
its all rubbish !!! honest players wont ever claim a catch when he is doubtful let alone telling umps to review it !!! i do not buy this story !!!
We expect our batsmen to always get the benefit of the doubt. Why not give McCullum in this case?