facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2009, 02:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Kiwies are already released. So ICL is falling down

Sorry could not agree with the bolded part in first part. Why Naeem would suffer for Alok's greed. and why Ash ( Gadha or Village Idiot or whatever name you call) have to share the same dressing room with some smart greedy low life Dhiman or Nafees.
Why not, if Naeem cannot perform better than they do in domestic, why not? There is no place for emotion and charity in national team. It's simple, whoever plays better will be in the team. So long all the players are BD nationals.

Quote:
We have already discussed the traitors issue is not it? For once I came back and I have earned the right to call them traitor. Secondly, those educated traitors (?) were not offered 60,000 BDT per month or if you include all the perks One crore taka per year. Offer the money I belive all of them would come back. Thirdly, in most cases those educated traitors (?) who are at the moment are working with the top notch brain in the top notch facility could not perform the task in Bangladesh because simply we could not provide them the same facility. These cricketing traitors have the access to almost same quality facility as that of their colleagues of other teams of the world. BTW I never called them traitor. BUT Dhiman (I have done enough), Alok (Ash force me to do it; BCB did not offer me contract after I score a century) and SN (ICL is the best thing happens to me) deserve to called traitor. BTW SN (the ring leader) is highly literate.
These scumbags should not be allowed within 100 m of any cricket field of Bangladesh till they show real remorse and unconditional apology to the nation, to the fan, to their colleagues in national, divisional and local teams, BCB. Still after the lesser evils (Aftab who showed little remorse, the useless Nazim, Rubel) have to start from zero and have to dislodge the present team player by performing miles better and the traitors(SN, Dhiman and AK) should not be in national team even this mean we are missing the second coming of Barry Richards, Gilchrist and Benaud. The 70s South Africa is would have been one of the best team ever assembled to play cricket. But they never played together (Van der Blitz - the S African Garner did not play play) due to apartheid. On principle ICC agreed that aparthied has no place in cricket and SA lose the right to show their jewels . Interestingly one of the best player of the team Eddi Burlow (RIP, Our Coach) said that he has little regret for not playing test match as he though that was the right thing to do. Similarly not allowing those three for wearning Bangladesh cap again would send strong message to all the would be traitors that you have live with consequence.
I don't remember that any thread made a binding decision of calling them traitors. I didn't call them then and won't call them traitors now.

You are trying to paint two similar situations with brushes of wishful colours only. They were all offered a job in BD institutes and they accepted it and waited for the chance of PhD & then abscoded. More money? yes, that's the common factor. Cricketers give us pleasure through their skills & the teachers give us knowledge, you decide which is a service of soul & which is skill.

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier I am willing to forgive those who sold their skill but not those who sold their soul.
I can safely say, that the cricketers sold their skills & the absconding teachers sold their souls.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 31, 2009 at 02:22 AM..

Old March 31, 2009, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Kiwies are already released. So ICL is falling down
Sorry could not agree with the bolded part in first part. Why Naeem would suffer for Alok's greed. and why Ash ( Gadha or Village Idiot or whatever name you call) have to share the same dressing room with some smart greedy low life Dhiman or Nafees.
We have already discussed the traitors issue is not it? For once I came back and I have earned the right to call them traitor. Secondly, those educated traitors (?) were not offered 60,000 BDT per month or if you include all the perks One crore taka per year. Offer the money I belive all of them would come back. Thirdly, in most cases those educated traitors (?) who are at the moment are working with the top notch brain in the top notch facility could not perform the task in Bangladesh because simply we could not provide them the same facility. These cricketing traitors have the access to almost same quality facility as that of their colleagues of other teams of the world. BTW I never called them traitor. BUT Dhiman (I have done enough), Alok (Ash force me to do it; BCB did not offer me contract after I score a century) and SN (ICL is the best thing happens to me) deserve to called traitor. BTW SN (the ring leader) is highly literate.
These scumbags should not be allowed within 100 m of any cricket field of Bangladesh till they show real remorse and unconditional apology to the nation, to the fan, to their colleagues in national, divisional and local teams, BCB. Still after the lesser evils (Aftab who showed little remorse, the useless Nazim, Rubel) have to start from zero and have to dislodge the present team player by performing miles better and the traitors(SN, Dhiman and AK) should not be in national team even this mean we are missing the second coming of Barry Richards, Gilchrist and Benaud. The 70s South Africa is would have been one of the best team ever assembled to play cricket. But they never played together (Van der Blitz - the S African Garner did not play play) due to apartheid. On principle ICC agreed that aparthied has no place in cricket and SA lose the right to show their jewels . Interestingly one of the best player of the team Eddi Burlow (RIP, Our Coach) said that he has little regret for not playing test match as he though that was the right thing to do. Similarly not allowing those three for wearning Bangladesh cap again would send strong message to all the would be traitors that you have live with consequence.
As I mentioned earlier I am willing to forgive those who sold their skill but not those who sold their soul.
Though the analogy might be inappropriate it is something I am willing to forgive Chickon Ali (the only convict under Collaborator Act) but not the Nizami, Mujahid, Golam Azam
Please answer the bolded part. I am a University teacher and earning less than one third per month than Ashraful. I could not improve my doctoral work because of lack of facility in my university (and this is a top most one) or any university in Bangladesh. Ash and co get almost the same facility that Ponting got. The difference may be Ponting don't have to come in Sydny while Ash has to be in Dhaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Why not, if Naeem cannot perform better than they do in domestic, why not? There is no place for emotion and charity in national team. It's simple, whoever plays better will be in the team. So long all the players are BD nationals.
National team is always involve emotion. Why we feel dejected whenever Bangladesh? It is just a game is not it? When Abahoni we feel dejected but almost every Abahoni supporter is in BC. Check that when we lost to Zimbabawe. No body is talking about charity. Returning the place that Alok vacated which Nayeem took would be charity. With the excpetion of the three I have already mentioned that ICLers have to prove again and perform miles better to dislodge Nayeem/ Riyad.
And I would have always doubt in their bad performance whether they were sold to money, because they were proven once. Previously when Aftab got out to a stupid shot I would have blame his stupidness now I would suspect may be he got money to play that shot.

Quote:

I don't remember that any thread made a binding decision of calling them traitors. I didn't call them then and won't call them traitors now.

You are trying to paint two similar situations with brushes of wishful colours only. They were all offered a job in BD institutes and they accepted it and waited for the chance of PhD & then abscoded. More money? yes, that's the common factor. Cricketers give us pleasure through their skills & the teachers give us knowledge, you decide which is a service of soul & which is skill.
Was not BCB invested on them? Two of the traitors (SN, Dhiman) are product of our famed U19. Sorry to disappoint you, those teacher do not abscond; they resigned and returned all the monetary benefit they got during the time they stay overseas (that is their training period; not the time when they were doing their job,in the study leave the university is investing on them). Unlike the cricketers whose investment just come to zero

Quote:

I can safely say, that the cricketers sold their skills & the absconding teachers sold their souls.
I am with agreement with you long before you posted in this thread that cricketers sold their skill; but I have just objection on three I mentioned . Can you please explain how those teachers sold their soul. I would appreciate that.
Because still today I have not heard of any Non Resident former teacher bad mouthing their alma mater or even their employer university in Bangladesh rather I found many (For example Dr. Ataul Karim) who feel prouder being an alumni of BUET or Dhaka University than a famed western university.
The first things these three ICL traitors did was demonize Bangladesh National Team, BCB, Bangla Language (who can forget Dhiman speaking in fluent Hindi; BTW I don't think it is a crime; but someone might think; there is a thread), our national team captain. None of the university teachers do it in public though they have dissatisfaction againest their employer (we all do)

Last edited by thebest; March 31, 2009 at 07:34 AM..
Old March 31, 2009, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Please answer the bolded part.

those educated traitors (?) were not offered 60,000 BDT per month or if you include all the perks One crore taka per year. Offer the money I belive all of them would come back. Thirdly, in most cases those educated traitors (?) who are at the moment are working with the top notch brain in the top notch facility could not perform the task in Bangladesh because simply we could not provide them the same facility. These cricketing traitors have the access to almost same quality facility as that of their colleagues of other teams of the world.
[thebest, please don't take anything personally, I'm just exressing my views on which I am convinced, not to take any side.]

University teachers are comparatively well paid & have allied facilities & have other parallal sources of income, so it is unfair to compare a cricketer's salary to a uni teacher straight up. Many NFL players, Footballers, NBL etc etc players get paid much more than the teachers of their own country.

A teacher's service period is untill he retires, every private universities will employ him there after till natural death. There are thousand and one ways for a Uni teacher to continue earning till death.

A cricketer's earning period is maximum 10 years. In BD it isn't even that at the moment, so they are infact more insecured in the money front.

Quote:
I am a University teacher and earning less than one third per month than Ashraful. I could not improve my doctoral work because of lack of facility in my university (and this is a top most one) or any university in Bangladesh. Ash and co get almost the same facility that Ponting got. The difference may be Ponting don't have to come in Sydny while Ash has to be in Dhaka
I guess you have completed Phd and come back. You have done the right thing. If you have worked for mandatory period (if there is any binding for doing the PhD on Uni scholarship) after the PhD, you have the legal choice to leave your job and fulfil your thurst of persuing more knowledge if you can't do it here.

Quote:
National team is always involve emotion. Why we feel dejected whenever Bangladesh? It is just a game is not it? When Abahoni we feel dejected but almost every Abahoni supporter is in BC. Check that when we lost to Zimbabawe. No body is talking about charity. Returning the place that Alok vacated which Nayeem took would be charity. With the excpetion of the three I have already mentioned that ICLers have to prove again and perform miles better to dislodge Nayeem/ Riyad.
And I would have always doubt in their bad performance whether they were sold to money, because they were proven once. Previously when Aftab got out to a stupid shot I would have blame his stupidness now I would suspect may be he got money to play that shot.
You are absolutely right, the fans are emotional and the result of national team will always make the people emotional, depending on the outcome. But taking or not taking a player is sellectors job and they have no scope of being emotional. They have to sellect the best possible team basing on the performance. If the team wins with the player you dislike, you will be happy and if the team loses with all your favorite players in the team, you will be sad. That's why to not to give you a sadistic emotional experience, the selection of the team must be without emotion. That's what I meant.

Quote:
Was not BCB invested on them? Two of the traitors (SN, Dhiman) are product of our famed U19. Sorry to disappoint you, those teacher do not abscond; they resigned and returned all the monetary benefit they got during the time they stay overseas (that is their training period; not the time when they were doing their job,in the study leave the university is investing on them). Unlike the cricketers whose investment just come to zero
Investment on the U19 etc are myth. 2/3 years of periodic camps in U17/19 doesn't take much for BCB to invest on them, just the cost of Egg, banana, milk & likes. They mostly run on pocket money, not regular salaries. Coach & support staff, split in amongst the number of players ride on U19 team. That's nothing if you consider the investment on that teacher's entire education to become a teacher. Unless some player has been through BKSP & Now Academy, investment on others are least.

If some teacher resigns & gives back his money I would still call him a sober gentleman, though it would be nice for them to have 2/3 years mandatory service after PhD before resignation, because we need their knowledge back not the money back. If it was only money, they could have taken loan from bank why bother for Scholarship. I know of many teachers who never came back to even resign. I have seen news papers serving legal notice to such teachers after many many years. That's completely breach of trust. If he has gone for PhD from the Uni he must come back, if he doesn't isn't it officially absconding?

Quote:
I am with agreement with you long before you posted in this thread that cricketers sold their skill; but I have just objection on three I mentioned . Can you please explain how those teachers sold their soul. I would appreciate that.
Because still today I have not heard of any Non Resident former teacher bad mouthing their alma mater or even their employer university in Bangladesh rather I found many (For example Dr. Ataul Karim) who feel prouder being an alumni of BUET or Dhaka University than a famed western university.
The first things these three ICL traitors did was demonize Bangladesh National Team, BCB, Bangla Language (who can forget Dhiman speaking in fluent Hindi; BTW I don't think it is a crime; but someone might think; there is a thread), our national team captain. None of the university teachers do it in public though they have dissatisfaction againest their employer (we all do)
Please consider the treatment you have given to these young not so educated boys after they have leaglly resigned and joined a cricket league. To the teacher's absconding without formal resignation after being sent on Scholarship. (if they don't return and just send a letter to uni, that's also highly immoral and unacceptable). NZ, Eng, Aus didn't make such hue and cry, so their players didn't have to react, while Pak, BD boards reacted as if they were thieves, so you can expect some bounce baclk.

Don't know if the expats do bad mouthing, but Uni teachers as a whole do a lot, while they are divided into LAL, NEEL etc banners. Many expats do write being politically biased that hurts the image of the country.

Language, I also was always alergic to this speaking hindi/urdu and couldn't tollerate, still I feel uneasy to hear BD people speak that language, but I also understand their situation. If they can't speak Eng they have to express in some way. I have seen many educated people speaking Hindi/Urdu when they meet people from Pak & Ind. Well I think this is the influence of 71 on me, while I can excuse the younger, Post 71 generation, not so literate people for not being so sensitive of hindi/urdu due to cable culture etc etc, but not the educated one's.

Finally, I understand all the realities of the teachers you said and probably would be happy if most of them would come back and help to build our instititions, but also don't blame for taking care of their personal career while changing the LAL-NEEL culture isn't less than JEHAD in DU. But While people call the cricketer's traitor for ICL, I had to compare it to the teachers, as an example. Personally I respect everyone's decision of his life, he knows his disposition best, I don't want to call anyone a traitor for a simple career decision, if Golam Azam isn't one for what he did.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 31, 2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old March 31, 2009, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sad report on bd ICL players on prothom-alo today...
Could you post it please?
Or if you can't find it maybe a short summary?
Old March 31, 2009, 02:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Could you post it please?
Or if you can't find it maybe a short summary?
here you go

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...4NDE4&mid=OA==
Old April 1, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

BANFAN
we agree to disagree.One small note, for the last twenty none of university teacher was sent on scholarship by the university. most of them earned it through their contact with respective professor. However, some of them went with bilateral agreement (Like Commonwealth). But even in that case the teacher was awarded the scholarship competing with his peers in the country. Thus university's involvement in scholarship procedure is virtually zero.On another note there is no relationship between patriotism and 'color' politics of teacher. Open a thread and you would find how vitriolic I am regarding this politicalization of teaching community.
Old April 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Yeah someone removed my earlier post, dont know why
Old April 9, 2009, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Lahore Badshah or Pak players contracts might be terminated for the same reason IPL contracts were also terminated for Pak players. Thread is creating a very weak rumour by itself.

If all ICL contracts are terminated, all the players should be allowed to play in domestic and those who will perform well should be taken in the national team. Last thing we need is to show our grudge and invite partisan ship in our cric arena.

Traitor is a big word, there are almost a hundred or more educated traitors who went for Highers studies with govt money and never came back after study. These are young not so educated cricketers only.
No matter how logically you phrase it; we are unprofessional in our thinking. So, terms like 'rebel', 'traitor', 'forgiveness' will prevail in Bangladesh, because their cricket career is on the hand of the BCB officials, while even the Bangladesh Govt has the minimum of control over my life abroad. On the backside of the passport, they write that every Bangladeshi National is supposed to report to the Nearby bangladesh Embassy at least once per year. In my last 8 years, the only time I contacted them is just to renew the pass.

Bangladeshe chole thekar ayeen. Jake thekate pare na, taake salam dey, jaake thekanor upay paowa jay, taake motamuti pishe fele. No one cares what will bring good to the main cause.

Last edited by Baundule; April 9, 2009 at 05:05 AM..
Old April 17, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

like most of the poeple in this thread, i dont agree with the "traitor" thing, everyone looks at their future and career and players specially as they wont be earning the same amount all life. also people who work for foreign companies arent necessarily traitors in this global environment. Bangladesh need more people with "hunger for success" and this will propagate from individual to society, only patriotism doesnt buy it anymore.

besides why do we care for if it is ipl or icl? from our perspective, its bangladesh we care for, and we should try our best to let these young talents to play for the country. i have bought tickets for india vs. Bd in the 20-20 WC and it will be really sad not to see players like aftab, nazim or alok play for Bd, with them we could have just upset India once again and progress more in the tournament.
Old April 28, 2009, 11:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
like most of the poeple in this thread, i dont agree with the "traitor" thing, everyone looks at their future and career and players specially as they wont be earning the same amount all life. also people who work for foreign companies arent necessarily traitors in this global environment. Bangladesh need more people with "hunger for success" and this will propagate from individual to society, only patriotism doesnt buy it anymore.

besides why do we care for if it is ipl or icl? from our perspective, its bangladesh we care for, and we should try our best to let these young talents to play for the country. i have bought tickets for india vs. Bd in the 20-20 WC and it will be really sad not to see players like aftab, nazim or alok play for Bd, with them we could have just upset India once again and progress more in the tournament.
oh please...people like aftab, nazim or alok have had very little match experience over the last 6+ months - we are speaking of them in this thread as if they were the heroes of BD cricket when they were with us... aftab provided some support and alok and nazim had nothin amazingly great to offer...i dont understand what everybody expects these three to do this time if they are brought back really...

secondly, there must be people in this world who we love because they can resist the temptation for large sums of money, and patriotism must be important to a certain extent esp if you are making a decent salary e.g. some G8 players decided to opt out of the IPL because they wanted to serve their country. these are players that we all look up to and supported regardless of the situation - you only do that for someone u admire and u admire those that show strong moral foundations

...aftab and SN were consistently on our national team when they were not injured and may weren't making 60,000 dollars in 1 month but nevertheless were making substantial amounts of money (by BD standards)...they should also have considered the possibility of making money from other sources in the future (as is now possible e.g. PCL)

frankly, i think they were lazy, greedy people and are highly likely to be unfit and unqualified people and the BD team should not have anything to do with them!
Old April 28, 2009, 11:59 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I don't want them back......
Old June 6, 2009, 04:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: PRINCE OF KOLKATA!!!

It's sad to see it end, I still think BCCI could have joiined forces with ICL to provide the equivalent of a 2nd division of the IPL.

The real intent of some coaches and staff of the ICL was to genuinely improve the quality of cricketers involved.
Old June 6, 2009, 05:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Yes it is sad that it had to perish.
Old August 10, 2009, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!
Default ICL Match Fixing ?

Here is the youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cf-nX37bc

Old August 10, 2009, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

does anyone know if ICL plans to pursue legal routes against BCCI/ICC ? because if they win that will change everything.