facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 6, 2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Next time you go there, login, go to your profile and choose the theme KoG, which is very bright like here.

Old January 6, 2006, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Can anyone upload “Shonar Moyna Pakhi” sung by Rinku at the Closeup1 contest? I have seen the video, but would be nice to hear the audio only.
Old January 16, 2006, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by Cricket46
Can anyone upload “Shonar Moyna Pakhi” sung by Rinku at the Closeup1 contest? I have seen the video, but would be nice to hear the audio only.
http://www.yahooanondomela.com/forum/portal.php

You can get about 40 downloadable close up1 MP3 songs in this site. They have a great collection there. Enjoy!
Old January 16, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Quote:

You can get about 40 downloadable close up1 MP3 songs in this site. They have a great collection there. Enjoy!
Hey pagol chagol bhai, I just visited the site - where do you see 40 songs? i only see 27 in the new folder and unfortunately it doesn't have this song nor the one I wanted to download. thanks in advance.

Also I wanted to say something - I got to watch the band part of close-up 1recently. Nolok's song was great. I think previously you mentioned Samina Nabi made a comment she can recognize a "polli" tune in his voice......

Samina said no such a thing just so you are well informed....

Perhaps it was edited but I doubt.. she was all praise.

thanks for the site... although didn't help me yet.

p.s. Is that site run by Chnaman's brother or something out of curiosity.. they banned the name modon - haha!

and they are actually publishing the names.....somebody make a screen name "tui gu kha" - it will be displayed in front page

Edited on, January 17, 2006, 12:34 AM GMT, by Orpheus.
Old January 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks pagol-chagol for the link. There are some nice songs here. And yes, Orpheus is right, the song I wanted is not there. However, I got it from Dhaka!

Can anyone tell me why it is not possible to burn songs with m3u extensions?
Old January 17, 2006, 05:09 PM
Street Cricketer

You guys can have a look at:

http://thezombie.multiply.com/music/item/51

http://thezombie.multiply.com/music/item/30
Old January 17, 2006, 05:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
who think Razib blew away Maksud's version ? I think so!
Finally i heard both versions back to back. I repeated it few times. May be I am an old timer, But i liked Maksud's one better. It was very popular when I was a "rog baz" at Shamoli. May be I wanted Razib to sing Maksud's song exactly like him and Rajib didn't do it.
Old January 18, 2006, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
But i liked Maksud's one better. It was very popular when I was a "rog baz" at Shamoli. May be I wanted Razib to sing Maksud's song exactly like him and Rajib didn't do it.
Well you are entitled to your opinion, and a lot of people will probably share your sentiment. I think maksud has somewhat of an unique voice. I think the song would sound odd if some one were to try to replicate the voice instead of focusing on the song. The reason I thought it was great was that the song didn't sound weird at all given he sang it differently.... if anything it sounded better.

take for example the baul guy... how odd he sounded when trying to sing Bappa's song. Does that mean he can't sing?.. he can but he wasn't good enough to make it sound original given he can't copy bappa's voice....

I hope you understood what I mean.

Nolok also did a good job in this segment.
Old January 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Quote:

Hey pagol chagol bhai, I just visited the site - where do you see 40 songs? i only see 27 in the new folder and unfortunately it doesn't have this song nor the one I wanted to download. thanks in advance.

Also I wanted to say something - I got to watch the band part of close-up 1recently. Nolok's song was great. I think previously you mentioned Samina Nabi made a comment she can recognize a "polli" tune in his voice......

Samina said no such a thing just so you are well informed....

Perhaps it was edited but I doubt.. she was all praise.

thanks for the site... although didn't help me yet.

p.s. Is that site run by Chnaman's brother or something out of curiosity.. they banned the name modon - haha!

and they are actually publishing the names.....somebody make a screen name "tui gu kha" - it will be displayed in front page

Edited on, January 17, 2006, 12:34 AM GMT, by Orpheus.
I am not sure wether you have followed the program very well. Otherwise you wouldn't mention that Samina was all praise. You could visit KOG Closeup 1 -2005 thread to know better, where so many people said the same thing about Samina's disgraceful comment on Nolok, Beauty as well as all majority voters and viewers. Sometimes one can even mock or degrade by praising. I am not sure if you are aware of this sort of technique. We has enough fight on these sort of issues in KOG. So why don't you visit there?
Old January 18, 2006, 12:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cats_eye
But i liked Maksud's one better. It was very popular when I was a "rog baz" at Shamoli. May be I wanted Razib to sing Maksud's song exactly like him and Rajib didn't do it.
Well you are entitled to your opinion, and a lot of people will probably share your sentiment. I think maksud has somewhat of an unique voice. I think the song would sound odd if some one were to try to replicate the voice instead of focusing on the song. The reason I thought it was great was that the song didn't sound weird at all given he sang it differently.... if anything it sounded better.
Cats_eye didn't say Razib did bad. He just compared and he found Maqsud's one better which doesn't mean that Razib's song was bad. You can even change Tagore's song with new tune but the question is "will it be acceptable?" and "will it be sound better than tagore's when people are familiar with Tagore's tune for a century and more?" That was NOT a "Moulik" song round that one could sing the way one's want.

Quote:
take for example the baul guy... how odd he sounded when trying to sing Bappa's song. Does that mean he can't sing?.. he can but he wasn't good enough to make it sound original given he can't copy bappa's voice....
For your information, the name of Baul guy is "Rinku" . Now I understand why you don't find any problem in Samina's tone and comments. By the way they edited some of her comments later. But still one can understand well what was her intention.
Old January 18, 2006, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for the name man, I didn't know you would take that so personally

There should be copies of the tape online, if not then I will try to upload the segment for you to hear the comments yourself. I mean haveyou just been reading KoG messageboard without watching the segment yourself? I hope not.

As for me, I watched the final, the band segment and bits and pieces from here and there.....

Anyways, i think we should we move on and focus on the next idol :p I mean Bangalee je koto pagol hoi ami recently janlaam.. NYC te people Sonia na win korate shokh dibosh palona korteche...

Paglamir ekta shima ache...

Music is an art. It's open to interpretation... Some people will like something, others will like something else.... Ekhane eto chillachillir ki ache?

Unfair is some fat kid who can't sing winning....Good singers will be kicked out as show progress....

by the way nayeem above comment isn't directed at you though.....just my thoughts on bengali silliness.

and about the judges, Dont you find bulbul to be a bit annoying given he praises EVERYBODY? I give Samina props for giving her technical thoughts - good or bad. Kumar seems to be very decent.
Old January 18, 2006, 02:54 PM
Street Cricketer

Orpheus

Since you are in "monkey mood", you read my posts on that mood.

Anyway, from your posts I understand very well how much you have followed the show. And why your interpretetion is like this.

For your kind information, I even recorded every single episode of that show. And I am not writing after reading KOG, I am one of the creator and writer of that thread.

Thank you for offering me to send copy. But no thanks, I have copies. But you have to work little hard as you have to send copy to millions of people in Bangladesh, and KOG forum members who posts against SC's comments and hundreds viewers who called to newspapers and TV station and express their opinion against SC's judgment.
Old January 19, 2006, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by nnayeem

Anyway, from your posts I understand very well how much you have followed the show. And why your interpretetion is like this.
I don't know maybe I got an edited version? but I highly doubt as they are recorded straight out of TV.... these are not official release.

Here is the clip: (I don't care whether she is an unfair judge or not but looks like praise to me - what am I missing? my whole point is doesn't seem like she is "hating" - anyways this is waht you get when I have too much time on my hand.)

Samina-on-Nolok

by the way Nolok looks a lot like Ashraful doesn't he

Edited on, January 19, 2006, 8:46 AM GMT, by Orpheus.
Old January 19, 2006, 01:16 PM
Street Cricketer

Hey Orpheus,
Is your nick somehow associated with Mehrab's Band - Orpheus? Just curious.

IN OTHER WORDS: Is this Mehrab, or some other member of his group?
Old January 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Dada Bhai.. no Why would I be in this forum - maybe in music forum...

orpheus is a greek character who used to play flute- mehrab's band is probably named after this. Many muscial organization is..

the name is probably popularized by the poem "Bidrohi" of nazrul.

Alternatively, you can think of Orpheus as the creator of moon and hence life. It was the Collision of Orpheus and the earth in an immaculate collision which created the moon.
Old January 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
Street Cricketer

Orpheus - Thanks for the explanation.