facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 8, 2012, 12:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
BDFlag Asia Cup and BD's Pace Bowling

In the Asia Cup BD line-up, there are five pacers:

1. Mashrafe
  2. Shahadat
  3. Nazmul
  4. Elias Sunny
  5. Shafiul
That created a nice dilemma for the selectors.

Q 1. Should we play one pacer or two pacers?
If we play with one pacer, then it must be Mashrafe. But two pacers, then who should the second pacer from the remaining four?

Q 2. In case BCB Thinkthank decides to play with three pacers, then we know Mashrafe is a must, then who will be the other two?

I got lost. I am not sure why BCB has included five pacers in this squad? Please tell me if I miss something here.

Last edited by FagunerAgun; March 13, 2012 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: A.2.1: Avoid all caps, all bold, excessively large fonts or excessive number of emoticons.

Old March 8, 2012, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun

1. Mashrafe
  2. Shahadat
  3. Nazmul
  4. Elias Sunny
  5. Shafiul
I bet you Elias Sunny couldn't bowl pace if his life depended on it. No wonder you're lost.
Old March 8, 2012, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

I literally LOL-ed at the above comment.
Old March 8, 2012, 12:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

1. Mashrafe
  2. Shahadat
  3. Nazmul
  4. Elias Sunny
  5. Shafiul

If we play with one pacer, then it must be Mashrafe. But two pacers, then who should the second pacer from the remaining four?

Q 2. In case BCB Thinkthank decides to play with three pacers, then we know Mashrafe is a must, then who will be the other two?

I got lost. I am not sure why BCB has included five pacers in this squad? Please tell me if I miss something here.
????????
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:

1. Mashrafe
  2. Shahadat
  3. Nazmul
  4. Elias Sunny
  5. Shafiul

You did not miss, rather you added a spinner as pace bowler. That's the reason of your dilemma !

I want 3 pacers in the line up- Mashrafe, Shafiul & Nazmul.
Cricket Sage

Yes Elias Sunny is not a pacer.... its Arafat Sunny, who is the pacer.... wait a minute ... it not Arafat Sunny... ist Yasir Arafat who is the pacer.... but is he Bangladeshi or a Pakistani.....

dhur.... shob taal goal pakaye jai.... very confusing.
Old March 8, 2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
You did not miss, rather you added a spinner as pace bowler. That's the reason of your dilemma !

I want 3 pacers in the line up- Mashrafe, Shafiul & Nazmul.
Thanks kindly for clarifying without being crooked.
Old March 8, 2012, 01:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

if razzak is not played, ill go with 3 pacers, if he is played BD will field 2 pacers, naz and mash
Old March 8, 2012, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I dont know why we are obsessed with playing 3 pacers when our guys bowl medium fast at best and are so erratic. Anyway we need to bring Shakib or Razzak in the first 5 overs because the quicks go for so many runs with the field. Spin or rather slow left arm is our strength and these guys are pretty good at it. BPL was proof. We should play 2 seamers at most and all 3 left arm spinners. Mashrafe and Nazmul seems to be a good combination along with Shakib, Razzak and Elias.

Our quicks are nothing for the likes of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka especially in a wicket like Dhaka. It will be a nice fun batting practice for the Kohli's and Hafeez's and Dilshan's. We are better of playing 5 left arm spinners, we ll have more success.
Old March 8, 2012, 07:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Pacers with bellow 130 kph aren't so effective in our conditions any way, after first 5/6 overs. But, if Shak and Sunny can choke the opponents, they won't have any optin but to go after the pacers, so having a coule of intelligent pacers can be very useful to get wickets. Mash is dfinitely one and the secomd should be Nazmul/Shafiul/shahadat..... That's our weak spot. And the fifth bowler should be an all rounder, Nasir & Riyad ... No point taking Raj, he will be otherwise beaten right and left and doesn't contribute as much with bat either.
Old March 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
Banned

Mash + Shafiul + Nazmul

Absolutely no Shahadat anymore please. Ghadata'r kuno unnoti hoilo na ar. Khali Test kheley , rapor o Testey bhalo balling kortey parey na. Shanto v2!
Old March 8, 2012, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I dont know why we are obsessed with playing 3 pacers when our guys bowl medium fast at best and are so erratic. Anyway we need to bring Shakib or Razzak in the first 5 overs because the quicks go for so many runs with the field. Spin or rather slow left arm is our strength and these guys are pretty good at it. BPL was proof. We should play 2 seamers at most and all 3 left arm spinners. Mashrafe and Nazmul seems to be a good combination along with Shakib, Razzak and Elias.

Our quicks are nothing for the likes of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka especially in a wicket like Dhaka. It will be a nice fun batting practice for the Kohli's and Hafeez's and Dilshan's. We are better of playing 5 left arm spinners, we ll have more success.
With the 2 new ball rule, I would say that playing with 2 seamers will just be too easy for the other teams. Maybe it would work in Chittagong but not in Dhaka. There isn't that much spin on the Dhaka wickets so no real need to play 3 SLA's. Not to mention we have Riyad and Nasir who can bowl. So would we really need 5 spinners? Our attack would be way too 1 dimensional. The 3 seamers I would play are Mash-Nazmul-Shafiul.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Mash + Shafiul + Nazmul

Absolutely no Shahadat anymore please. Ghadata'r kuno unnoti hoilo na ar. Khali Test kheley , rapor o Testey bhalo balling kortey parey na. Shanto v2!
Hasibul Hossain Shanto was pretty good back in the ICC days....
Old March 8, 2012, 08:09 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I would pick elias sunny as the third pacer alongside mash and naz... (anyone is a better option than shahadat and shafiul)
Old March 8, 2012, 08:12 AM
Banned

I just wish for a intl quality Off spinner to rise in the ranks of our domestics
Old March 8, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I just wish for a intl quality Off spinner to rise in the ranks of our domestics
Shohag Gazi(inshaAllah coming soon)...he has been very impressive lately Alhamdulilah!
but for some reason, in BPL only featured in a couple of games and didn't impress there but nonetheless, he is always amongst wickets and is considered one of the best offies in the country. did decent against England Lions too...
Old March 8, 2012, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

but mash isn't in the squad :S
Old March 8, 2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
but mash isn't in the squad :S
Click on this
Old March 8, 2012, 03:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

With no pace Mash is only good in the openning spell. May be 6 overs in a row and that is it (filling up Rasel's roll). In the death, he should not bowl at all.

With Rubel not in the team, Shafiul is our #1 bowler. He is pacier than Nazmul and Mash. Nazmul's all balls are slower type. Kohli, Perera, Azhar would make a full meal out of him.

With the types of wicket we have seen, I do not think we can afford to have three pacers. So Mash and Shafiul for me. If we need a third seamer that badly I would get F Reza in.

Elias, Enam Jr., Raz all can fill out the two quota.
Old March 8, 2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

mash and nazmu..l thats it
Old March 8, 2012, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
With the 2 new ball rule, I would say that playing with 2 seamers will just be too easy for the other teams. Maybe it would work in Chittagong but not in Dhaka. There isn't that much spin on the Dhaka wickets so no real need to play 3 SLA's. Not to mention we have Riyad and Nasir who can bowl. So would we really need 5 spinners? Our attack would be way too 1 dimensional. The 3 seamers I would play are Mash-Nazmul-Shafiul.
Hi Tiger444. Our spinners bowl better with the new ball than our seamers. No jokes. And our seamers are incapable of utilizing the new ball-probably only Mashrafee and Rubel can generate some swing and bounce. All the other guys will be hit all over the park. In fact the new ball will make it easier for the opposition to hammer our quicks.

Regarding Dhaka, if you have noticed from BPL SLA's can be very very effective. Its not the turn that does the damage. Its the low bounce, arm balls that do most of the damage. Its much easier to play Nasir or Riyad than say Arafat or Elias Sunny. These SLA's keep it tight, give less air and force a lot of dot balls eventually before trapping the batsmen in front, getting them bowled, or prompting them to play a lofted shot.

I dont know if you recall but there was a point where we played Rafique, Razzak and Shakib together. We suffocated opposition. Sure it was one dimensional but it was effective. Those three would not give the opposition more than 120-130 runs from their combined 30 overs. That was probably the best bowling attack we had. We should aim for the same with Shakib, Razzak and Sunny. Makes life very difficult for opposition. Sure leg spin, off spin sounds sexy. But sla's do the job for us better than anyone else. Everyone else is easy batting practice
Old March 8, 2012, 11:58 PM
Banned

I think our bowling attack is at its best...no doubt about it

Nazmul is good touch and mash back in form.

Shakib, lalla, and sunny, they are also in good shape. Thats good enough to neutralize Indian batting order in such slow and low tracks
Old March 9, 2012, 12:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I think our bowling attack is at its best...no doubt about it

Nazmul is good touch and mash back in form.

Shakib, lalla, and sunny, they are also in good shape. Thats good enough to neutralize Indian batting order in such slow and low tracks
Dada...Bodda ...ebar Inshallah Dunia-ke Fatiye Dekhiye Dibo!
Old March 9, 2012, 12:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Dont forget INDIA and Paki batsmans are the best spin players..
Old March 9, 2012, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Mash and Nazmul - Shafiul is going to leak runs. If Rubel was in I would have preferred him as well - but he isn't - so.