facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2014, 04:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
SL away test record is mediocre. I am not under any delusions of grandeur. I am not an Indian. As for the decline we are the Asian champions and the WT20 champions. I don't know how you missed that as we did it right in your backyard. Now crawl back to whatever hole you came in on.
I won't, none of us will....lol, homeless? or is it that no one is there in sl to talk about cricket....really insecure you are..
Old December 10, 2014, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Lol, trying to act like a typical Aussie totally unaware beside the Ashes. And you are waiting right, yeah, would like to congratulate you that your wait is finally over. 264 v 251 says enough really about the quality of your ODI team. And tests lol, couldnt even win against Oz at home with your legends. And you think SL are good? Sanga Jaya is over...and sadly, looks like no one is there to replace them, talking about perceptions, all i remember about sl is shakib thrashing mendis and murali in 2009...since you brought up 2007, atleast i rember something later...anyways. i feel ye, the decline hurts, and you are welcome to vent your frustrations here....
Watch out for Mathews and Thirimane. Mathews in particular could explode with a senior role, already averages 50+ in Tests and 40+ in ODI's.

You know a reject like Kapugedera (Who wont make it to Sri Lanka A Team) has come in Dhaka Premier League and scored 365 runs of 5 games, whereas the likes of Naeem, Shamsur have scored similar in twice the number of games.
Old December 10, 2014, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I do like reading your post. But, I don't think you're being neither objective nor commonsensical here with such howlers as "smarter", "better gene" or "braver". That's way too much of a generalisation and cannot really be quantified, therefore, can't be objective. You have been here long enough to know that one simply shouldn't read everything literally. That "competing with Zimbabwe" needed to be read with a pinch of salt.

Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiq were not even born when De Silva, Sanga or Mahela started playing Test. Therefore, its a complete non-starter. Lets wait until they retire or have played 100 Tests each to make that comparison. Shakib has been a top allrounder in all formats for almost 8 years now and he is still not 28. If you really think about it deeply and check all the stats you will find he already a one of the greats. How many Shakibs are going around in world cricket -let alone SL! Its all good to be level headed and having feet on the ground and all but not at the expense of undervaluing or appreciating our own achievements. That's not healthy in any sense of the word, my friend.
Thanks man, enjoyed this discussion with you. Appreciate your passion for our game .

But see although you see the "Smarter" "Braver" comparisons as howlers, it does make a difference. Consider Arjuna Ranatunga who they still call the best captain SL has ever produced. How he and his team devised a game changing tactic of attacking in the 15 overs, and restricting oppositions runs in 15-40 overs. And then how he bravely defender Murali against Darrel Hair. I am sorry but i havent seen a Bangladeshi captain with half the influence and leadership of Arjuna. Then think of Sanga, who is considered one of the most polished cricketers of all time. Its not the eloquence of how he talks, also how he thinks, how he approaches the game, how he decides before he plays any shot, his calmness, professionalism has taken him to where he is today-probably one of the all time greats.

We dont have many cricketers like them. Its not just abt skill, a lot of what you do in cricket has to do with your habits, your attitude etc. Sorry to digress, but there is a reason why mega Bangladeshi garments factories hire Sri Lankans as factory managers and not our own qualified graduates, same reason why we ve even employed so many Sri Lankan coaches in the past from the early 2000's.

Big fan of Shakib, and very proud of what he has done. Pretty sure he could still end up one of the all time great all rounders-at least in ODI's. I only wish he had a bit more drive and consistency like say a Sanga which could have taken him to an unreachable height.
Old December 10, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
03 SL reached semis
There must have been some glitch that year with forfeitures or walkovers. SL lost every game of the super 6 round in minnow fashion and yet made semis. They were absolutely pounded. Also Kenya made semis that tourney also. Its like if BD had made the semis in 2011 with the same exact performance we had.
Old December 11, 2014, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

You really do sound like a Lankan spirit trapped in a Deshi body, Jeesh. Married to any Miss Lanka, by any chance?
Old December 11, 2014, 01:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir

i think we will be under prepared

when all top 8 is playing with each other multiple series before wc, we are playing only with zimbabwe and associates, we will suffer when we face top 8
Old December 11, 2014, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
You really do sound like a Lankan spirit trapped in a Deshi body, Jeesh. Married to any Miss Lanka, by any chance?
Lol. Admirer of Sri Lanka cricket because they do so much with limited resources, and we have a lot to learn from them. But as a fan, Tigers or nothing!

You guessed right bro. Married to a Lankan, but she is one of those who doesnt care about cricket.
Old December 11, 2014, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

So, she didn't marry you because of your cricketing knowledge or prowess?
Old December 11, 2014, 09:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Do the little things. One game at a time. Do your homework. Know your opponents strengths and weaknesses. See how the pitch behaves. Try to take advantage creating a strategy. Use your strengths to kick ***. Believe.

If a win comes, take it with open arms. Now is the time to put in the hard work. Not much time left. Coach needs to pull out the boys and do the above collectively. Everyone should be on board on how to attack.

As BCF already mentioned, adjusting to the weather is one of the important keys. But it is summer there, shouldn't be a problem. No bugs or injury, that is all I pray.
Old December 11, 2014, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Do the little things. One game at a time. Do your homework. Know your opponents strengths and weaknesses. See how the pitch behaves. Try to take advantage creating a strategy. Use your strengths to kick ***. Believe.

If a win comes, take it with open arms. Now is the time to put in the hard work. Not much time left. Coach needs to pull out the boys and do the above collectively. Everyone should be on board on how to attack.

As BCF already mentioned, adjusting to the weather is one of the important keys. But it is summer there, shouldn't be a problem. No bugs or injury, that is all I pray.
Well said. Overall boys need to be focussed.
Old December 11, 2014, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Rahul Dravid

World Cup Schedule - BD matches - Eastern Timezone - NA
1. Bangladesh vs Afghanistan - Feb 17 Tues - 10.20pm

2. Bangladesh vs Australia - Feb 20 Friday - 10.20pm

3. Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka - Feb 25 Wed - 10.20pm

4. Bangladesh vs Scotland - March 04 Wed - 5pm

5. Bangladesh vs England - March 08 Sun - 11.20pm

6. Bangladesh vs New Zealand - March 12 Thurs - 9pm

I already trying adjusting my work schedule accordingly ....
Old December 11, 2014, 01:54 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ICC Support : Bangladesh vs. Others
Asaad Wahid

Critics of Bangladesh often argue that if Ireland or Afghanistan had been given the same support that Bangladesh gets, they would be better sides. Of course we will never know for sure, until and if, those countries get a crack at 14 years of Test cricket. Maybe 20 years from now we will, if Ireland and Afghanistan get Test status. However, looking at ICC’s current level of support, it is evident that ICC is giving at least as much support to the top Associates, if not more than was given to Bangladesh.
Read article »

New Front Page article.