facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib
Default Floydian Slip ..

This one is for Pink Floyd fans but all others are welcome to take a shot.

Did you ever wonder about ..

1. Who actually said the words "There is no darkside of the moon really .." in Pink Floyd's classic album from 1973?

2. Who is Pink and who is Floyd?

3. What is the "Austin Powers" connection to Pink Floyd? (This one maybe a stretch, think Dr. Evil and his plans!)

4. What language is Roger Water speaking in "Atom Heart Mother" ?

5. Why was Nick Mason (and rest of the band) so thankful to Jimmie Hendrix?

6. During the famous fiasco of mid-'80s Roger Waters wouldn't let the band use "The Pink Floyd Pig" on tour. How did Nick and Dave get around that problem?

7. Which Floyd band member is a former race car driver? (even raced in 24-Hour Le Mans)

8. Which genre of pop chart did the song "Another Brick In The Wall - Part II" entered in when it was first release as a single?

9. What is the source of the screeching sounds (along with wind blowing) in the middle part of the song "Echoes"

10. Which Pink Floyd song is most covered all over the world, including many Bangladeshi bands back in the '90s
Old November 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
MLC World Series I

*hums..* Hey you, Out there in the cold. Getting lonely, getting old. Can you feel me?
Old December 31, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Good evening and hello Cluster11 brother, my most respectful greetings to you and your band. I have checked out your work, your piano/organ work and your female vocalist' incredible voice and singing! I am not a musician, but I appreciate musik heavily and I admire the sound that your band is creating/producing. Do you play at clubs in Atlanta? Are you getting ready to cut a record, or you already have one? I truly enjoyed your music, Cluster11 bhai.

I have been meaning to take a shot at your Pink Floyd Thread a while back but coudn't get to it til now. I might be wrong at some of the guesses but I will take a stab at it anyway...see what you think...

1. "There is no dark side of the moon really..." The final words are Jerry Driscoll's or said by Roger the Hat who was a roadie but I do not think of Pink Floyd, but he was a roadie for other bands.
2. Pink Floyd: 2 Afrikan American blues (delta blues?) singers/guitar player/musicians: Pink Anderson and Floyd Council
3. "Lucifer Sam" ??? Uncredited in "Austin Powers"???
4. Xx...I don't know this...
5. Nick Mason, Pink Floyd’s gratefulness to Jimmie Hendrix comes from the inspiration Jimmie provided to tens of millions of guitar players across the world during Mason’s time and still today!
6. Xx...I don't know this...
7. Race Car Driver…Drummer Nick Mason
8. Progressive Rock?
9. Xx...I don't know this...
10. "Wish You Were Here"?
Old January 2, 2013, 03:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thx bujhee kom bro! You guessed quiet a few of these right! I'm posting the answers at the end of the thread so do check them.

As for my band Clusters Of Grey you can check the EP "For Rose" (released 2011) at iTunes, Amazon.com etc. We hope to have an album out in 2013. Some gigs are lined up at Smith's 'Ole Bar, Abbott's Bar & Grill, Rev Coffee and Gwinnett Center for the first-half of this year (reverbnation has monthly updates on the shows). We would love to have you join our fan group or band page in facebook :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Good evening and hello Cluster11 brother, my most respectful greetings to you and your band. I have checked out your work, your piano/organ work and your female vocalist' incredible voice and singing! I am not a musician, but I appreciate musik heavily and I admire the sound that your band is creating/producing. Do you play at clubs in Atlanta? Are you getting ready to cut a record, or you already have one? I truly enjoyed your music, Cluster11 bhai.

I have been meaning to take a shot at your Pink Floyd Thread a while back but coudn't get to it til now. I might be wrong at some of the guesses but I will take a stab at it anyway...see what you think...

1. "There is no dark side of the moon really..." The final words are Jerry Driscoll's or said by Roger the Hat who was a roadie but I do not think of Pink Floyd, but he was a roadie for other bands.
2. Pink Floyd: 2 Afrikan American blues (delta blues?) singers/guitar player/musicians: Pink Anderson and Floyd Council
3. "Lucifer Sam" ??? Uncredited in "Austin Powers"???
4. Xx...I don't know this...
5. Nick Mason, Pink Floyd’s gratefulness to Jimmie Hendrix comes from the inspiration Jimmie provided to tens of millions of guitar players across the world during Mason’s time and still today!
6. Xx...I don't know this...
7. Race Car Driver…Drummer Nick Mason
8. Progressive Rock?
9. Xx...I don't know this...
10. "Wish You Were Here"?
Old December 31, 2012, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Floyd Mayweather, yeah? Oops,sorry, wrong thread.
Old January 1, 2013, 06:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Aside Pink Floyd I prefer listening to Roger Waters.
I remember recording this album "Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking" from Kabir Bhai at Rainbow in my then famous TDK SA Chrome cassette.
Old January 2, 2013, 03:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

The answers are listed below after the questions. Thanks all for trying!

1. Who actually said the words "There is no darkside of the moon really .." in Pink Floyd's classic album from 1973?
- The doorman, Gerry Driscoll, at Abbey Road Studios where Floyd recorded the album "Darkside of The Moon".

2. Who is Pink and who is Floyd?
- Pink Anderson and Floyd Council were two Carolina Blues Guitarist. Syd Barrett used to listen to them and convinced Bob, Nick, Roger and Rick to go along with a combo of the first names of these musicians.

3. What is the "Austin Powers" connection to Pink Floyd? (This one maybe a stretch, think Dr. Evil and his plans!)
- In the movie "Austin Powers" - Dr. Evil came up with a scheme called the Alan Parson's project! His son rightfully pointed out that's the name of a band from the '70s! Alan was the sound engineer in Pink Floyd's first mainstream big hit album "Darkside Of The Moon"

4. What language is Roger Water speaking in "Atom Heart Mother" ?
- He is speaking English and the playback is backwards!

5. Why was Nick Mason (and rest of the band) so thankful to Jimmie Hendrix?
- During Floyd's first tour of North America they were a supporting act for the Jimmie Hendrix Experience. In Louisiana the band's equipment truck was stolen and Hendrix was gracious enough to lone them equipments to complete the tour.

6. During the famous fiasco of mid-'80s Roger Waters wouldn't let the band use "The Pink Floyd Pig" on tour. How did Nick and Dave get around that problem?
- They came up with another inflatable pig with no testicles. Roger was extremely upset and would talk about this in interviews for years later!

7. Which Floyd band member is a former race car driver? (even raced in 24-Hour Le Mans)
- Nick Mason. Among his famous car-related appearance was the David Letterman show where the entire car catalog was from his personal garage. Mason also has appeared in BBC's famous car show Top-Gear.

8. Which genre of pop chart did the song "Another Brick In The Wall - Part II" entered in when it was first release as a single?
- Disco

9. What is the source of the screeching sounds (along with wind blowing) in the middle part of the song "Echoes"
- Dave Gilmour once mistakenly put the guitar cable of his Fender strat reversed in his pedalboard ports causing the screeching sound. Dave stayed with it, experimented some more and eventually got the famous "whale" sound.

10. Which Pink Floyd song is most covered all over the world, including many Bangladeshi bands back in the '90s
- Another Brick in the Wall Part-II