facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 2, 2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

IRE is a good team , no offense to AFG, but they are overrated. In the associates world, virtually there are only 2 teams, hence they are so called "2nd strongest associate team".

A story:

Chele : Abba abba ami class e 2nd hoichi final porikkhai..
Baba : Bhaloi to, tor class-e chatro koijon?
Chele : Amra 2 jon. Arekjon 1st hoiche.

Last edited by CricketPagolChele; December 2, 2013 at 03:03 PM..

Old December 5, 2013, 11:08 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
IRE is a good team , no offense to AFG, but they are overrated. In the associates world, virtually there are only 2 teams, hence they are so called "2nd strongest associate team".

A story:

Chele : Abba abba ami class e 2nd hoichi final porikkhai..
Baba : Bhaloi to, tor class-e chatro koijon?
Chele : Amra 2 jon. Arekjon 1st hoiche.
Just like us

Chele : Abba abba ami 10th hoisi!
Baba : koyjoner modhe?
Chele : 10
Old December 6, 2013, 12:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Had enough of this hype about the afghanz gonna/can beat BD! Makes me laugh this is created by the b....... Indians and pkistani ignorant fan's! It's all over the top hype!

Ireland have a chance to beat BD at t20's in England or SA or Aus condition. In BD now way! Because this new BD team is on a different level than the one Ireland beat in 2009 World t20 in England (which had some rubbish slow batters) and the self belief is much better and stronger in the BD camp!

After the 2014 World T20, invite the Afghanz give them a thumping and make the jealous (of BD's change, and improved esp since 2010) BD's neighbours happy!! To me its clear they are threatend by BD's Banglawash after banglawash and since 2010 been beating so called ''G8'' consistantly, they worry the threat BD poses now than ever before. And thats why they keep hyping afghanz and ireland against Bd to degrade our team thats their intention!

InshAllah, we will beat the Indians in 2014 series and shhhhh some up

Joy Bangla!
Old December 6, 2013, 11:23 PM
Banned

NW, well, it is true but
1. the difference between BD and #9 are not that big. But difference between IRE and AFG are huge.
2. BD was not made by HYPE but AFG is.
3. All BD players are from BD, play in BD system which is not that good, but AFG players are afghan but live in PAK, and play in PAK system which is better than our system. They should be called PAK A team.
4. BD play with BIG BOYS who are stronger than BD, but AFG play with lower ranked associates who are weaker. So ranking comparison does not work.
5. This AFG team was beaten by BD XI and our U23 team. I am sure our current U19 team can also beat them at least in ODI.
6. We BD fans and players don't say that we would beat SA/AUS/PAK/IND everytime we play them, but AFG think that they can beat BD any day any where. Their only target is BD, and it feels like that if they can beat BD, they would become world champion...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Just like us

Chele : Abba abba ami 10th hoisi!
Baba : koyjoner modhe?
Chele : 10
Old December 8, 2013, 07:29 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
NW, well, it is true but
1. the difference between BD and #9 are not that big. But difference between IRE and AFG are huge.
3. All BD players are from BD, play in BD system which is not that good, but AFG players are afghan but live in PAK, and play in PAK system which is better than our system. They should be called PAK A team.
4. BD play with BIG BOYS who are stronger than BD, but AFG play with lower ranked associates who are weaker. So ranking comparison does not work.
5. This AFG team was beaten by BD XI and our U23 team. I am sure our current U19 team can also beat them at least in ODI.
6. We BD fans and players don't say that we would beat SA/AUS/PAK/IND everytime we play them, but AFG think that they can beat BD any day any where. Their only target is BD, and it feels like that if they can beat BD, they would become world champion...lol
1. Diff between Afg and Ire arent that huge as u think it is, in World T20 qualification tournament Its IRE 3 and Afg 2, that isn't huge gap

2.Afg is hyped by non afgans..but their are arrogant afgans as their are arrogant deshis

3.agreed that playing in Pak FC helped afgans a lot but that doesn't mean you should call them pak A

4.no comment, afg cant play with big boys its not their fault, you dont know how they could have fared playing with the BIG BOYS for 15 years

5.that BD XI was BD National team. U23 match wasn't a walk in the park

6.Our fans are just as arrogant as ind pak afgs, do you read some of the cricinfo comments, some of them regularly says we can beat Aus/Ind/SA just after a series win against WI at home and afgs only target is not BD, they target ZIM also, just like IRE. and its understandable why they target us. because out of the 10 top teams Ban and Zim are the easiest. Their arrogant fans say they will roll over BD and ZIM and their reasonable fans say its possible to beat BD and ZIM. i dont see anything wrong with that..its like us saying its possible to beat SL/WI/NZ/PAK. even though we haven't beat pak since 1999

Last edited by Night_wolf; December 8, 2013 at 08:37 AM..
Old December 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
NW, well, it is true but
1:As an Afghan and as someone who has followed associate/affiliate cricket for the past 7 years I totally disagree.

Lately Ireland has been performing slightly better than us, however, that isn't because we are a weaker side but showing that we've got a weaker administration and selections policies. We've groupings inside our team and that has cost us big time.

All our first generation of cricketers learned their game in Refugee Camps with tennis ball. Majority of them don't have the skills for international cricket. Among those who performs very bad are our former captain Nawroz Mangal, Asghar Stanikzai and Karim Sadiq. But still they are a part of the team for each tour and are denying our younger players who on several occasions have outperformed the seniors a chance in the team. The new generation is much better technique wise, they learned their cricket through a proper domestic system at home with the hard ball.

So therefore I see much brighter future for us than Ireland. We a huge pool of players compared to Ireland.

2. I don't remember how BD was when it was associate team, for how long you had played cricket etc. But I see signs of improvement in your team.

When it comes to us. 10 years ago cricket was the no.1 hate game in our country, people would even swear at you if they saw you playing it as it was considered a Paki game.

4-5 years ago we could hardly beat Jersey in Division 5. Yesterday we lost our T20 match to Pakistan on the last ball. That is an achievement no one else has had in the cricket world. We've qualified to three T20 World Cups and the next edition of 50 overs World Cup.

3. This is something only a loser or a Pakistani taking credit for Afghan cricket would say. We've no cricketers playing in the domestic system of Pakistan.

In the past Nabi played I think some 5-7 games for Pakistan Costum and Hamid Hassan 2-3 games. But that is years back and those few games won't do you wonders. In fact we've had more players playing in your DPL this year than we ever had in the Paki League.

We also once had a team invited to take part in their T20 League, the team was a mix of domestic players and nationals. They only played 3 matches.

Our seniors of which there aren't many left soon inshallah, learned their game when playing between themselves on grave yards in refugee camps. They were not allowed to play in the Paki domestic cricket as refugees. Many of them returned when they were teenagers and started up their own teams at home. Some after becoming national players returned to practice with small clubs as there were no facilities at home.

4. Absolutely agree with you on this

5. Yes it was, twice. A lot has happened since then and if we get rid of our seniors we can well beat you next year. As for your u19s, well they better beat our u-19s first before comparing them to our A or national team. We beat them in the World Cup and Asia Cup is starting in few days, we are again grouped together http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...ch/567257.html

6. That's not true, our target is to level ourselves with BD and ZIM. At Associate level we've reached to the highest level. It's now time for us to take the next step and that's where you guys are currently.

We've played an almost full Zimbabwe in our first every first-class game some years ago and they were very lucky to escape with a draw. We are looking forward to play them this January and see whether we've improved since then.

Also we are right now playing the Intercontinental Cup final against Ireland if it has your interest you can follow it at ICC website with live streaming.

Ireland 187
Afghanistan 81/3 (30.0 ov)
Afghanistan trail by 106 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Stumps - Day 1
Old December 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
Banned

Brother PathanAFG,
I am sorry if I sounded rude but I have nothing against Team AFG.

I just have few questions for you (AFG Fans):

1. Why AFG Fans claim that they are better than us? What is the base of that claim? Is it because you guys are beating lower ranked associates consistently who are just learning cricket?

2. If AFG are better than us, why they could not beat us yet? I am not saying they would never beat us, they would definitely, but as of today that did not happen.

3. If AFG are better than us, why would you guys want to play with us and how that would benefit you? Thought playing with better team would be beneficial.

4. Why don't you pursue other nations specially from ASIA to play with you?

FYI: When BAN were not a full member, they had to qualify even for ASIA CUP by becoming champion in ACC tournament. They did not have luxury of playing cricket often with big boys except for ASIA CUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathanAFG
1:As an Afghan and as someone who has followed associate/affiliate cricket for the past 7 years I totally disagree.
Old December 10, 2013, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
1. Why AFG Fans claim that they are better than us? What is the base of that claim? Is it because you guys are beating lower ranked associates consistently who are just learning cricket?

2. If AFG are better than us, why they could not beat us yet? I am not saying they would never beat us, they would definitely, but as of today that did not happen.

3. If AFG are better than us, why would you guys want to play with us and how that would benefit you? Thought playing with better team would be beneficial.

FYI: When BAN were not a full member, they had to qualify even for ASIA CUP by becoming champion in ACC tournament. They did not have luxury of playing cricket often with big boys except for ASIA CUP.

1. NO. Not just because they beat the associates on a regular basis, but rather the way they play fearless cricket makes them think they are somewhat better than us. I don't see much harm in that.

2. They are yet to face us in ODIs/T20Is. Don't just jump around comparing the matches played on Asian Games/Unofficial Tournaments which had no T20I status. Personally i think they are very much capable of beating us. Looking at their batsmen/bowlers, they definitely look capable. I dont know if you have watched them playing against the G8s, but i think they have some good quality players. They even beat our U19 team where they only had only one player (Najibullah Zadran) who currently plays for their national team.

3. I don't see anything wrong about them wanting to play against us. They think they are better and they wants to prove it. Playing against us would even help them more as we are a test playing nation. They just need proper exposure.

4. Apart from us, rest of the teams (Test playing nations) from Asia plays a lot of cricket compare to us so they wouldn't be willing to play much against Afghanistan.

I personally think we should play against them more often. If we are better, we will prove it on the field and end this dilemma. Besides that, we too don't get to play much cricket these days (10 ODIs this year probably). We need more matches.
Old December 10, 2013, 04:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Welcome back Pathan bhai. Hope you can get your compatriots to sign up and engage in some good banter and [healthy] trash talking before the two world cup openers between our brotherly nations!

As a generalized fan of Associate cricket - we can't forget we were Associates not so long ago - I support all Associate nations that show aptitude and have native player bases. The only exception to that rule being the USA, who I support by birthright (strange cuz I don't give a crap about USA soccer). Thus, I support Ireland, Afghanistan, and now Nepal but not the UAE or Hong Kong or Netherlands. I also find Zimbabwe annoying due to the way in which they constantly lose their top players as a full strength ZIM side would easily be as good as us, and quite possibly a touch better. One of the things I hope happens in my lifetime is that Ireland, Afghanistan, and Nepal attain Test status with Zimbabwe getting their act together. If the ICC has anything less than 12 Test nations by the year 2100 it has royally failed in its global mission.

That being said, Ireland and Afghanistan are still at least a notch behind us. That doesn't mean they're far behind however. But I think in the game's longest format at least, Afghanistan would find us as tough an opponent as we would find India. In ODIs and T20s, Afghanistan has more than a fighting shot at taking us down, and I think Bangladesh fans should embrace that competitiveness.

Now I admit I haven't seen Afghanistan all that much, but my assessment is that AFG's batting is their weakness and the bowling isn't as strong as people make it out to be. "AFG has better pacers than Bangladesh" is something we often here, even from ourselves. I think thats is not accurate. You have one pacer that is as good as our best seamers in Hamid Hassan. The Zadrans and others are good at the Associate level, but Test level is something else altogether.

AFG's batting is also too prone to collapses, even at Associate level to warrant even a casual worry to Test sides.

All that being said, AFG have definitely done far more with way less than Bangladesh did, and it is not implausible that AFG could even be the better team 20 years from now. AFG has raw athleticism that PAK, IND, BD cannot match and play exciting cricket. Their rate of development has also been way faster than ours. Exciting times await.

I also hope the BCB engages more with CI and the ACB to organize more matches especially since the major powers of cricket don't see us as lucrative enough draws.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 10, 2013, 07:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Brother PathanAFG,
I am sorry if I sounded rude but I have nothing against Team AFG.

I just have few questions for you (AFG Fans):

No problem brother, it happens for all of us

1. No, very few will make that claim - we want to improve. Though we aren't a stable team, we've beaten the hell out of everyone at our level, on a good day even Ireland looks like kids for us, however, our bottom level is so low that they also make us look kids sometimes. It's now time for us to move to the next level in which you guys are.

We were an affiliate team until this summer I think, So I don't know who is just learning the game, us or the ones who have been associate teams for many years

I think I've been around question 2 and 3.

4. We asked all Asian teams, Pakistan is the only country who has responded to our requests and played us with their full team. Some years ago we were invited by Sri Lanka as well.

India to whom we Afghans have a very soft heart has totally rejected us
Old December 10, 2013, 08:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Welcome back Pathan bhai. Hope you can get your compatriots to sign up and engage in some good banter and [healthy] trash talking before the two world cup openers between our brotherly nations!

As a generalized fan of Associate cricket - we can't forget we were Associates not so long ago - I support all Associate nations that show aptitude and have native player bases. The only exception to that rule being the USA, who I support by birthright (strange cuz I don't give a crap about USA soccer). Thus, I support Ireland, Afghanistan, and now Nepal but not the UAE or Hong Kong or Netherlands. I also find Zimbabwe annoying due to the way in which they constantly lose their top players as a full strength ZIM side would easily be as good as us, and quite possibly a touch better. One of the things I hope happens in my lifetime is that Ireland, Afghanistan, and Nepal attain Test status with Zimbabwe getting their act together. If the ICC has anything less than 12 Test nations by the year 2100 it has royally failed in its global mission.

That being said, Ireland and Afghanistan are still at least a notch behind us. That doesn't mean they're far behind however. But I think in the game's longest format at least, Afghanistan would find us as tough an opponent as we would find India. In ODIs and T20s, Afghanistan has more than a fighting shot at taking us down, and I think Bangladesh fans should embrace that competitiveness.

Now I admit I haven't seen Afghanistan all that much, but my assessment is that AFG's batting is their weakness and the bowling isn't as strong as people make it out to be. "AFG has better pacers than Bangladesh" is something we often here, even from ourselves. I think thats is not accurate. You have one pacer that is as good as our best seamers in Hamid Hassan. The Zadrans and others are good at the Associate level, but Test level is something else altogether.

AFG's batting is also too prone to collapses, even at Associate level to warrant even a casual worry to Test sides.

All that being said, AFG have definitely done far more with way less than Bangladesh did, and it is not implausible that AFG could even be the better team 20 years from now. AFG has raw athleticism that PAK, IND, BD cannot match and play exciting cricket. Their rate of development has also been way faster than ours. Exciting times await.

I also hope the BCB engages more with CI and the ACB to organize more matches especially since the major powers of cricket don't see us as lucrative enough draws.
Thank you Furqaan Bhai, you are spot on in many things you've written.
I'm looking very forward for the clash between our teams at same time am very sad for the fact that one of us has to leave the tournament so early on. They should have made 4 groups of 4.

I understand how hard it must be to be a BD fan these days, if you beat us they'll say that's nothing, you are a test team, you were expected to beat them. If you lose they'll say you lost to an associate.

The disadvantage for you guys against us is that we've plenty of hitters, if it clicks for just two of our big guns we'll be able to post a decent target.

Our bowling is our strength, though Hamid is our star he hasn't been playing much cricket in the past 2 years due to injuries. I must say I agree with those who say our pace is better than yours. We've a very balanced bowling unit we've plenty of pacers more coming up through our youth ranks, we've an ok spin attack with both leg break and off spin etc., but it is nothing compared to yours

Our batting is our headache, though it could be solved to some extent by replacing the tennis ball seniors with some of the youth players that have come up through our domestic system. But I doubt it'll happen anytime before 2015 OD World Cup.

We are a decent team at 5 days cricket thanks to our bowling, we've haven't lost any match so far. But as you pointed it hasn't been tested on others than Zim, who played us in our maiden first-class game and escaped with a draw.

I hope your board accepts our requests. Personally I say to the hell with what others may think as long as it can benefit our teams. I'm for extending cricket world wide and I think even UAE and Hong Kong deserves chances, as the guys representing them are now living there.
Old December 10, 2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Brother PathanAFG,
No I did not mean AFG who are learning cricket, meant other associate teams.
There is nothing personal, hope you understand. I as a cricket fan really want to see AFG as 5th nation from ASIA, and inshahAllah you will. As a BAN fan, it is irritating when AFG is compared with BAN. In cricket anyone can beat anyone in shorter format (ODI,T20) but that wont make one better than other.
Again if I hurt your feelings, I am really sorry.

Quote:
No problem brother, it happens for all of us

1. No, very few will make that claim - we want to improve. Though we aren't a stable team, we've beaten the hell out of everyone at our level, on a good day even Ireland looks like kids for us, however, our bottom level is so low that they also make us look kids sometimes. It's now time for us to move to the next level in which you guys are.

We were an affiliate team until this summer I think, So I don't know who is just learning the game, us or the ones who have been associate teams for many years

I think I've been around question 2 and 3.

4. We asked all Asian teams, Pakistan is the only country who has responded to our requests and played us with their full team. Some years ago we were invited by Sri Lanka as well.

India to whom we Afghans have a very soft heart has totally rejected us
Old December 11, 2013, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What i believe is, Bangladesh will win all 3 matches with ease. i am not worried at all.
Old December 11, 2013, 03:40 PM
Club Cricketer

Zimbabwe just agreed to play us for a series which will include 1-2 ODI's and a few T20I's, starting from the end of January. It'll take place in Zimbabwe and we are paying the expanses for the series

This shows how much hunger we've to play better sides and improve.
Old December 12, 2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Zimbabwe just agreed to play us for a series which will include 1-2 ODI's and a few T20I's, starting from the end of January. It'll take place in Zimbabwe and we are paying the expanses for the series

This shows how much hunger we've to play better sides and improve.
It's a shame for the Asian test counties that they have been keep failing to help the top associate teams in Asia like Afghanistan, UAE, Nepal. If we don't help them, who will?

BCB should not act like BCCI.
Old December 14, 2013, 07:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Yep we should definitely help Afghan cricket just like the way we received help from our neighbors during our early days. It's time we invited them for an ODI series in BD
Old December 19, 2013, 02:50 PM
Club Cricketer

ACB and Sri Lanka Cricket Board agreed cricket deal involving the two countries national, A, and U19 teams playing a series of cricket matches against each other in 2014.

http://sports.af/acb-sri-lanka-crick...al-2013-12-19/

Finally something is happening
Though am very sad about the news of BPL just being 4 teams. Bangladesh domestic leagues have been great exposure for our guys.
Old December 20, 2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
ACB and Sri Lanka Cricket Board agreed cricket deal involving the two countries national, A, and U19 teams playing a series of cricket matches against each other in 2014.

http://sports.af/acb-sri-lanka-crick...al-2013-12-19/

Finally something is happening .
Great news for your team indeed. Like the Lankans, Bangladesh and India should help your team too. Hopefully soon. All the best

Quote:
Though am very sad about the news of BPL just being 4 teams. Bangladesh domestic leagues have been great exposure for our guys.
It is not BPL! It is a practice match series for Bangladesh national team as part of their T20WC preparations only.