facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 5, 2012, 02:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I did not see Rubel's those overs dut I remembered Mushy's dumbness in 1st ODI when WI was struggling at 138 for 8 and our spinners were on top , he suddenly brought the pacers to settle the tail-enders !! We need 3 captains for three formats.

Old December 5, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
samuels is not a sissy to get out on those length balls.
you don't need Samuels to smack those deliveries. Any decent batsmen would smack those to the gallery. Rubel had bowled rubbish no doubt, what i am trying to say is that, Only if Rubel could repeat his yorker which he bowled to NZ batsmen, he could have been hero from nowhere and everyone would applause him and Mushy for bringing him in that time ! But unfortunately that did not happen and now Rubel and Mushy are culprits !
Old December 5, 2012, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

This is why we need Ian Pont as head coach. Yorkers win matches.
Old December 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
So does controlled bouncers!
Old December 5, 2012, 03:09 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
*giggles*
Old December 5, 2012, 03:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Was never fond of "neanderthal" bowling of Rubel. His Kyle Mills delivery was "storm pelican pir miracle increase". Gordovir ekta sheema ase. All he knows is to bowl short wide and as fast or too full as he can. Cannot mix up deliveries.
Old December 5, 2012, 05:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Asif, if this wasn't KDPP, I don't know what is!
Old December 5, 2012, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Amader shob shesh Razab bhai, we're destined to become an associate nation.
Old December 5, 2012, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Excellent!

- ekdiney manush hero hoi aar ektin e manush zero hoi.
Aaar oi dikey captain press conference thekey polatok.
Arey ashol manushrey shobai jiggan ga - ki hoisilo mathey aar mathai. ?
Old December 5, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Asif, if this wasn't KDPP, I don't know what is!
Really Razab bhai? This guy is soo expensive that even Mark Cuban cannot afford him. In ODI his econ is 5.52 Ever since the debut he hasn't been too consistent. This is not knee-jerk but he is really overrated, imo. And not to even dig up stats on his centuries or nervous nineties. Fully agree with thread opener. He must be drop, if not just to avoid the negativity. Sorry if I am being bitter.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Thomas was clearly out. His bat was up in the air. If the umpire made the right decision, Windies would have no batsmen left in the dug out, Samuels would have still stuck on 99 and would no have gone for the big hits.

And for Rubel, Samuels was waiting for the balls to come on to bat nicely rather than waiting for it. Rubel provided that with the help of our Captain who should not have brought him in. And also Rubel bowled length balls and full. I don't think neither Mushy nor Rubel had seen Samuels innings in t20 final.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:53 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Can't blame Rubel... even a bowler of the caliber of Malinga wasn't spared by Samuels. He is a tremendous power-hitter and clearly likes pace on the ball. He was waiting for a tactical error like this from Mushy and took a calculated risk because he knew it would be harder to do against spin.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

The way I see it- it was more of Mushy's fault than Rubel. He didn't have to give the ball to Rubel when we had Mash's overs available and ofcourse the spinners were there too.
Old December 5, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I cant see why Mushy-Rubel getting blamed here. Its true match was gone at that Rubel's last 24 conceding over. Poor bowling offcourse, But it was pure slog by Marlon, who played a grand match winning innings tonight for WIndies.
Rubel was brought at 41st over for second spell while he conceded 11 from earlier two overs. Then he has given runs next three over spell in this way- 4runs at 41st, 3runs at 43rd and then 24runs at 45th. How Mushy could ever guess Rubel gonna bowl badly after playing resonably good four overs! Fact is Bangladesh was allways lacking 20-30 odd runs from start and Marlon's century makes it look like easy, which wouldnt be that easy, if BD managed to cross 250+ mark.
I totally agree with you.
Old December 5, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Legend

what is kdpp?
Old December 5, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

The truth is we lost the match long time ago when Mash and Riyad started dropping catches in the slip. Al though getting that run out would have help us, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. Sammy still hadn't come out to bat yet, and we all saw Narine is no Schmuck with the bat. As long as Samuels was there WI was always going to win. We had plenty of chances to get him out and we didn't.

Bringing in Rubel wasn't a tactical decision. This decision was made long before the 2nd innings began. This is the same reason Rajib bowled the last over in the Asia cup final, because our usual plan. Rubel was always going to bowl this late in the innings whether WI needed 35 runs or WI needed 75 runs. If our captain used his brain for a minute he would have remembered even part timer like Mominul got an edge off of Samuels. Why change what's been working for you? It was because of the spinners we got back into the game. There was absolutely no need to try anything different. It's one thing if Spinners failed to take wickets for a while and he decided to go with the pacers, but spinners were getting the job done. I think a bigger problem is our captain won't learn from this mistake. Come next game, I wouldn't be surprised if same situation arises he will do the same thing again. Why? Because it's the usual plan.
Old December 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
The truth is we lost the match long time ago when Mash and Riyad started dropping catches in the slip. Al though getting that run out would have help us, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. Sammy still hadn't come out to bat yet, and we all saw Narine is no Schmuck with the bat. As long as Samuels was there WI was always going to win. We had plenty of chances to get him out and we didn't.

Bringing in Rubel wasn't a tactical decision. This decision was made long before the 2nd innings began. This is the same reason Rajib bowled the last over in the Asia cup final, because our usual plan. Rubel was always going to bowl this late in the innings whether WI needed 35 runs or WI needed 75 runs. If our captain used his brain for a minute he would have remembered even part timer like Mominul got an edge off of Samuels. Why change what's been working for you? It was because of the spinners we got back into the game. There was absolutely no need to try anything different. It's one thing if Spinners failed to take wickets for a while and he decided to go with the pacers, but spinners were getting the job done. I think a bigger problem is our captain won't learn from this mistake. Come next game, I wouldn't be surprised if same situation arises he will do the same thing again. Why? Because it's the usual plan.
100% right.
Old December 5, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar

Absolutely true..he never uses his brain and always love to go with usual plan.. dhurr even our good old Ash was better captain than him. Mushy is lucky because in his team he got so many performers.
Old December 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

shetai....o to nijeke 'kaptaan' money kore.....captain na.... tar chaite Esh-er mattobburi onek bhalo. jottoshob
Old December 5, 2012, 11:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
what is kdpp?
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...26&postcount=4
Old December 6, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I cant see why Mushy-Rubel getting blamed here. Its true match was gone at that Rubel's last 24 conceding over. Poor bowling offcourse, But it was pure slog by Marlon, who played a grand match winning innings tonight for WIndies.
Rubel was brought at 41st over for second spell while he conceded 11 from earlier two overs. Then he has given runs next three over spell in this way- 4runs at 41st, 3runs at 43rd and then 24runs at 45th. How Mushy could ever guess Rubel gonna bowl badly after playing resonably good four overs! Fact is Bangladesh was allways lacking 20-30 odd runs from start and Marlon's century makes it look like easy, which wouldnt be that easy, if BD managed to cross 250+ mark.
It was very poor captaincy from Mushy. Rubel is not to blame. The whole blame should go to Mushy.

Let me put few points about it.

• Our pacers are never good in bowling slog overs. I hardly can remember any instance when they bowled well in the death overs.
  • The asking rate was around 6 runs per over only. Pace bowling always has the risk of giving free runs in the death overs by genuine edge or mistimed shots.
  • West Indians are good players of pace. They were struggling against spin bowling. Even part timers like Mominul was giving the batsmen tough time. There is no point in taking risks with pace bowling.
  • Shohag had 1 over left, Riyad had 1 and Naeem had 5 overs left. It was hard against to hit against the spin. There was some good chance that if Samuels tried to hit against spin he would have gone OUT by mistiming.
It is basically lack of common sense. Mushy is to blame here for not using common sense.

Last edited by WarWolf; December 7, 2012 at 04:26 AM..
Old December 6, 2012, 08:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Mushys bolod captaincy costing us one game after another. He should be let go as a captain.
How on earth comeone can be so naive is beyond me. Whoever made this guy the captain is a bigger bolod.
Old December 6, 2012, 09:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Mushys bolod captaincy costing us one game after another. He should be let go as a captain.
How on earth comeone can be so naive is beyond me. Whoever made this guy the captain is a bigger bolod.
Who should be the captain then?
Old December 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

BCB needs to start "CAPTAINCY COURSE PROGRAM" !!
Old December 6, 2012, 11:15 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , anamul , tamim ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
BCB needs to start "CAPTAINCY COURSE PROGRAM" !!