facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Oddly enough, Australia against Brazil in soccer is a lot like Balgladesh vs Australia in cricket.

Both teams have supercoaches, with a respected track records who have adopted minnows - Bangladesh have Dav Whatmore, Australia Gus Hiddink.

Bangladesh have some pretty good players Rafique, Masrafee, Bashar, Pilot and Ashraful, while Australia have Kewell, Grella, Viduka, Schwartzer and Cahill. I'm not pushing things too far when I'll pair Sharihar Nafees with Luke Wilkshire (who, I'm going to repeat, is a regarded by his coach at Bristol City, in the old English Third Division, as a bench warmer. On the other hand, Guus Hiddink - who hasnt done anything as a coach other than a UEFA Cup, and taking Holland and South Korea to the semis of the World Cup - was happy to slot him starting at central midfield against Holland).

And Brazil are, well, Brazil.

Ian Whitchurch
oh please dont compare Australia with our damned cricketers....
ya both have some similarities but Australia isnt such a shocker as BD.....i dont expect them to win against brazil but i do expect them to put up a big fight....unlike our "wannabe" tigers who dont know how to hold a winning game...