facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul
Default Should Mahmudullah be our Captain?

This is a serious question. He is calm and cool under pressure. No matter how some BC members hate him but he does his job with limited scope. Don't expect him to hit 6 big Sixes in a row and win a match for us because certainly that's not the type of hard hitting batsman he is. I think he's genuinely capable of batting at top order and can steer innings whenever needed. The thing with Mahmudullah is that we never get to see his full potential because of his under utilization. It's time to think about moving him up for a longer time. The fact that he remains calm at most situation also hints that he can be a very valuable Captain.

Old December 7, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I think this can be merged with the "Knee Jerk" thread...
Old December 7, 2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

I say yes, he seems like a decent gentleman. He has cool and calmness about himself like dhoni. I think Mahmudullah wont be bad as captain, if your wanna pick anyone else apart from mushy as captain in the team I'd say Mahmudullah or Mortaza!
Old December 7, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Lol..majhe majhe ja bolen na

No need to change our captain. We will win the series tomorrow. So Mushy can stay
Old December 7, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Without reading the post...I say yes, why not. He scored a fifty, lets hand him the captaincy. We'll rotate it like this based on who's performing best.

But I think we should make Anamul the captain first...start with the centurian, then the others...right?
Old December 7, 2012, 12:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

i think mortaza is fit enough for be our one day and t20 captain. we can keep mushy for our test captain. its good to see mortaza on song. he is getting back his rhythm.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Agreed. Dear mods attention please.
If Riyad become captain only thing will happen to the team is we will lose more matches but Riyads average will increase.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What Banfan said. But I think Rizzy can be our Darren Sammy.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Too soon for it. Seems to be the quiet one so don't know how his captaincy style would be. Could be of the Misbah mould.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:32 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

so you are suggesting we go from bad to worse?
Old December 7, 2012, 12:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I am impressed with Sammy's captaincy . We need a captain like him.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Suggesting Mahmudullah to be the Captain is not because of his today's performance. There is a problem with tunnel visioned fans imho. Mushfiq's bowling rotation and fielding placings have been a long term problem. And right now in the team, I don't see any other candidate fit for the job other than Mahmudullah. He has gained enough experience by being vice captain all this time and captaining in leagues.
Old December 7, 2012, 01:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Mullah having resonably good time in cricket after marriage. tbh I wont be mad at Mushy or Selectors now if they leave captaincy to Mullah in very near future. Maybe that will help making those 30-40s into 50s and more for Mushy as well with less responsibility.
Old December 7, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

captain na hoyai jeibhabe BC te protidin Ryad ke shobai bash marey captain hoile na jani ki hobey.
So, hell no!
Old December 7, 2012, 01:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Nope

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 7, 2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

helllllll yeahhhhhhh without a dout
Old December 7, 2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

mahmudullah is one of the best player bangladesh ever produce after sakib , he is very good with bowling and also a batting , bangladesh couldbe win today if he was at number 4 without a dout , and definitely he will do much more better job than mushy if he becomes a captain , so i say helll yeahhhh
Old December 7, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Suggesting Mahmudullah to be the Captain is not because of his today's performance. There is a problem with tunnel visioned fans imho. Mushfiq's bowling rotation and fielding placings have been a long term problem. And right now in the team, I don't see any other candidate fit for the job other than Mahmudullah. He has gained enough experience by being vice captain all this time and captaining in leagues.
what vision, I have already seen all kind of talk people here suggesting all sorts of stuff whatever come to their mind and they think they are better captain then the one who is leading right now and in the past, if it was the case then you and me and others wouldn't have different visions and suggestions all would have thought in one way but here I'm crying out something, your are telling something, another one shouting on the corner suggesting other thing which one Mushy should follow. We all have different ideas and visions some might be sound very good for you for some not, that's how it works. Now in case of changing Captain again and again if that was the case of winning world championships or beating all the teams at will then Bangladesh would have won it already when Haba was captain why needed to wait till Mushy's time. It is not as easy and simple as you and me think.

what is most the matter is that we don't fight the team as a unite, we simply don't know how to play the game as united as it could be. we perform here and there but never show the intent of being the the unity who would stay and fight together till the end, it is all in our mind our players mind, they just give up easily. Mushfiq or no body can't fix this problem unless we learn to perform unitedly. It is always the case when our batting start collapse everybody start to collapse from top to bottom order, is it captains fault! How come our senior players like Nayeem, Mushy, Tamim, Riaydh still don't know to build up partnership among themselves in a dire situation like toda'ys. That is the different between others and us, look at Sami even with number ten Batsman he stood up notout, is that captain's fault. Changing captain is temporary solution not a permanent solution to progress a team. Our players don't know how to take responsibility, very simple it is.
Old December 7, 2012, 04:28 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Look at SL , they are changing Captain frequently ( Sangakara , Joyvordon, Dilshan ) and getting positive results. Then why should we have to stick to one person and paying the price ? We should rotate series by series according to performance . Being Captain of Abahani and VC of BD team for many trs. , I think Mahmudullah is ready to take the charge. Mushy's field placing and bowler changes are terrible !! He made Sammy hero .
Old December 7, 2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

look, look, look...When Bangladesh does lose tomorrow, I can guarantee you that the little captain will be sacked which for us will be a big consolation. As for who will be the new captain, there are a wide range of possibilities on who the candidate will be. Most likely it will either be Mahmudullah, Mashrafe or Shakib. Mashrafe/Mahmudullah captain and vice captain for limited overs and Shakib for tests in my view to balance things off which is the best possible way at the moment.
Old December 7, 2012, 05:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Mashrafe was never given a proper run as a captain due to the injury, I wouldn't mind if they made him the captain of the ODI/t20 side.
Old December 7, 2012, 11:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Without reading the post...I say yes, why not. He scored a fifty, lets hand him the captaincy. We'll rotate it like this based on who's performing best.

But I think we should make Anamul the captain first...start with the centurian, then the others...right?
what about bowlers if they get 5fers ......
Old December 7, 2012, 11:21 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Look at SL , they are changing Captain frequently ( Sangakara , Joyvordon, Dilshan ) and getting positive results. Then why should we have to stick to one person and paying the price ? We should rotate series by series according to performance . Being Captain of Abahani and VC of BD team for many trs. , I think Mahmudullah is ready to take the charge. Mushy's field placing and bowler changes are terrible !! He made Sammy hero .
Rotate captains series by series? Can you enlighten me in the history of cricket which teams have done that?
Old December 7, 2012, 11:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

That's an easy question. The answer is- No. We don't need such a laid back player like Riyad as our captain. We need a captain who can be assertive and lead from the front which certainly cannot be associated with Riyad.
Old December 8, 2012, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

^ So we need Mash back?