facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2012, 01:56 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Smile Mashrafee, Jahirul among eight Tigers for IPL auction

Quote:
Wicketkeeper-batsman Jahirul Islam and former captain Mashrafee bin Murtaza are among the eight Bangladeshi cricketers to have been selected for next month’s Indian Premier League auction in Bangalore.

The three-member national selection committee prepared a list of eight players for the IPL auction that also included Tamim Iqbal, Nasir Hossain, Imrul Kayes, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah and Rubel Hossain.

The players’ auction for the fifth edition of the IPL will be held at the ITC Royal Gardenia Hotel in Bangalore on February 4.

Bangladesh’s Sakib al Hasan is already under contract with Kolkata Knight Riders and thus will not be put on auction.

Of the eight Bangladeshis selected for the auction, only pace bowler Mashrafee was previously involved in the cash-rich event, though the playing experience of the $600,000 KKR player was limited to one game.

He was not included at the auction for the last edition due to injury.

‘Mashrafee is an ideal Twenty20 player and he also recently showed signs of recovering from his knee surgery. By the time IPL begins, we are hopeful he will be completely fit,’ said chief selector Akram Khan.

‘We also selected Omi [Jahirul] as he is an in-form cricketer. His plus point is wicket-keeping, so we will not be surprised if he is picked by any franchise,’ he said.

The chief selector added that they considered current form, not past records of the players and this was the reason for the three BPL icons Mohammad Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees and Alok Kapali for not getting a place at the auction.

Ashraful is one of the four Bangladeshi cricketers to have played in the IPL alongside Sakib, Mashrafee and left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak.

Tamim, snubbed three times by the IPL franchises

in the past, is a favourite to join the list this season.

There is a strong rumour in Dhaka that a local businessman has bought a stake in the KKR and he has already made a commitment to Tamim.

The IPL 2012 season will get on to the field on April 4.
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/48372.html

+++++++++++++++++++

Tamim will get a team this yr i guess. And maybe Nasir. Rest are there to make the numbers in my honest opinion.

Old January 26, 2012, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I dont see Mash getting a contract. He has been out of international matches for so long. Unless he does something extraordinary in DPL I doubt he has any chance. Johirul might also be unsold. Only players that really should get a contract are Tamim and Nasir. Wish them all the best.

Nasir to dekhi borolok hoye gelo
Old January 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

No one will be bought. Prottek auction er age erokom rumour thake. This team has made a committment to this player but in the end it never materialises. Tamim's T20 record is no better than it was last year and his current form is in a shambles as well, so I don't know why any team would want him all of a sudden.
Old January 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

And in the end ,none of them will be sold.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
The chief selector added that they considered current form, not past records of the players and this was the reason for the three BPL icons Mohammad Ashraful, Shahriar Nafees and Alok Kapali for not getting a place at the auction.
Tamim er current form ta ki khub bhalo? What's his average in last 10 International games? Chacha bole kotha!!!
Old January 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So even the selectors don't think the BPL icons are any good.

Well, the BPL should be a good opportunity for our players to showcase their abilities to make their chances of getting an IPL contract stronger. Gives them all the more reason to do well here and does add to the competitiveness of the BPL. Win win.
Old January 26, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Is there any indication of base prices?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old January 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd
And in the end ,none of them will be sold.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
exactly what i wanted to say, Tamim might have a chance but looking at his recent perfrmnce I don't expect that.
Old January 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

They'll probably shorten the list and many of these guys will miss out. I actually think Tamim's got a very good chance making the KKR squad. They seemed really tempted to take him last year so hopefully he gets a chance this year and if that rumor is true then Tamim's pretty much a shoo in for KKR. I don't see the rest having much of a chance though to be honest. Mash is coming back from an injury and was a bench warmer for the IPL even when he was healthy. Nasir may get in to the IPL in the future but he's got to prove himself more at the international stage. The rest of the guys also have to do more in order to make an IPL squad.
Old January 26, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Tamim er current form ta ki khub bhalo? What's his average in last 10 International games? Chacha bole kotha!!!
He was being polite. Those 3 guys are fringes for the national team. Tamim's not in the same boat as them.
Old January 26, 2012, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I really think Rubel can be a very effective T20 bowler... just dont give him the new ball and bowl him 4 overs between overs 13th and 20th...

Trust me he is worth the small price tag that they are going to put on him.....

Sadly tho no one will buy him for sure...
Old January 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

i thought there was no bangaldeshis in ipl auction? confused
Old January 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Unless that rumour holds any weight, I don't see any of them getting signed. Even Tamim, who is the likeliest, doesn't have a strong case. His form is down, he has a less than ordinary T20 record and failed in the County T20 competition.
I actually think he would do pretty well if he did get the opportunity but there will be a lot of completion for places as the former Kochi players will be up for auction. Players like Jayawardene, Brendon McCullum, Parthiv Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Murali, RP Singh, Vinay Kumar, Sreesanth are all going to in demand.
I think it will be easier in the future for Bangladeshi players to get a IPL (or any other overseas T20 competition) place as they will have the opportunity to showcase their talents in the BPL and maybe even the Champions league.
Old January 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Only bowlers will have chances because there is a lacking of quality bowlers. I don't think Rubel passes that quality test, if he does. Nasir will be a player that may have a chance due to his allrounder role... but the reality is, we don't have any player that can beat the likes of Jayawardhena, McCullums...
Old January 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues;1460715[B
]Only bowlers will have chances because there is a lacking of quality bowlers.[/B] I don't think Rubel passes that quality test, if he does. Nasir will be a player that may have a chance due to his allrounder role... but the reality is, we don't have any player that can beat the likes of Jayawardhena, McCullums...
I completely agree. I think Nasir has a fair chance of getting it!!! When the auction will take place? If it's after BPL then they will grab someone who will shine there.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tamim and nasir are the best chances, possibly rubel to if a franchise see's his potential but the thing is IPL franchises have no reason to buy players based on potential because they can by players that are already ready. although rubel has been doing well in one-dayers recently so it's possible.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Dont worry Indians are not going to buy any of bangladeshi cricketers.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

i can guarantee that no bangladeshis except shakib will play ipl 5....sorry guys thats reality
Old January 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ya, don't see anyone other than Shak... TI might have a remote chance...wish he doesn't go to IPL
Old January 26, 2012, 07:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
I really think Rubel can be a very effective T20 bowler... just dont give him the new ball and bowl him 4 overs between overs 13th and 20th...

Trust me he is worth the small price tag that they are going to put on him.....

Sadly tho no one will buy him for sure...
agree with you completely on this. I think his yorkers in death overs are crucial, the only thing he lacks though is confidence.
Old January 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I hope Jahurul gets a team. I seriously hope Tamim doesn't, for his own good, also partly because I don't want him to play IPL. He was in top form and no one took him. Now he will just embarrass himself.
Old January 26, 2012, 09:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I hope Jahurul gets a team. I seriously hope Tamim doesn't, for his own good, also partly because I don't want him to play IPL. He was in top form and no one took him. Now he will just embarrass himself.
I second EVERY single word you mentioned there!
Old January 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

I think the inclusion of Jahurul strongly suggests that he will be selected for the Asia Cup since they included him in this list.
Old January 27, 2012, 12:45 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

tamim wont get any team if his base price is higher then 20k
Old January 27, 2012, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Only Tamim and Nasir has chance to get a team in IPL and that too if they perform really well in BPL.