facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 17, 2013, 01:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Its not the same as saying:

"Radioactive Uranium, the size of your fist can power a nuclear submarine for 25 years, never needing to refuel."

Looks like he got the 25 year number from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_submarine.

The citation is gives (http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/astute/) says nothing about 25 years life cycle. So it would seem the citation is wrong?

Now looking for the "Radioactive Uranium, the size of your fist" reference.

Edit: just to add to that about nuclear submarines and its comparison to civilian nuclear power plant. The nuclear submarines use uraniums that has been enriched to weapon's grade level with ~90%, as opposed to commercial power plants which are usually ~5% enriched uranium. To top it off nuclear reactor design in submarines are top secret stuff and small scale (300-400MW) and works nothing like civilian power plants. So I would say the comparison is not an appropriate.

Also looking for reference on "2/3 KG of fusion-able material will run a 1000 MW power plant for more than a year".

Don't get me wrong, I am interested in learning. Preferably with good source when seeing crazy numbers.
I was referring to the "Fist size and 25 years" from a documentary on nuclear submarines I watched on National Geographic. The program is called "Big Bigger Biggest" and that particular episode dealt with evolution of submarines. You will probably find it on youtube.

You are correct that it is weapons grade Uranium (extremely pure)....

Old April 17, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
shar hishebe khub bhalo uranium, gach pala tor tor kore bere uthbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Then soon physically our next generations will become 12 feet tall. Wanna play basketball? pura muli baash dhoraiye dibo. If only I could live that long to see it.
oi oi Simone could be thinking of Urea fertilizer, like we have Ashugonj Urea Fertilizer Factory, Chittagong Urea Fertilizer Co. etc?? I once ate a little bit of Urea fertilizer as a kid, mistook it as sugar granules, but nothing happened to me, but DO NOT DO IT....I also used to eat distemper/paint chips from the wall in Dhaka back in the 70's and lead pencil etc. I lost something but still making it...but DO NOT DO IT like I did, it will be harmful to your brain.
Old April 17, 2013, 02:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Old news. I've been hearing since my childhood that we have uranium.

We are also supposed to have a huge reserve of oil, as is the talks on the street.

Anyway, who'se coming to get this uraniums ?
Reliance Mining or Sahara matribhumi ?
I know our ministers would be to shy to ask for profit sharing, apparently it is beyadobi to ask thy neighbors for using our resources.
Very true..
Old April 18, 2013, 12:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
oi oi Simone could be thinking of Urea fertilizer, like we have Ashugonj Urea Fertilizer Factory, Chittagong Urea Fertilizer Co. etc?? I once ate a little bit of Urea fertilizer as a kid, mistook it as sugar granules, but nothing happened to me, but DO NOT DO IT....I also used to eat distemper/paint chips from the wall in Dhaka back in the 70's and lead pencil etc. I lost something but still making it...but DO NOT DO IT like I did, it will be harmful to your brain.
Unfold it till your restroom experience.