facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 21, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
People here are pretty much naming teams minus Shakib and Tamim whilst calling it an 'A' Team. I think it's more important to try out up and comers rather than people that kinda already play for the national team (i.e. Ash, Momin, Riyad, Anamul)
agree. try out guys like asif ahmed, soumya, shabbir, shuvagata, even tasamul haque and spinners like noor, taijul, sajib and pacers such as the kamrul's, babu, taskin, jayed, al amin.

although i don't mind someone like mominul being in the A team, his national team spot isn't 100% secure yet. also someone like naeem wouldn't be to bad as it would give him a bit more experience and the chance to convince the selectors that he should be back into the squad/team.

anamul maybe, but i think if he's fit and available then he's currently in the XI and since we desperately need to develop some decent openers then we should be giving other openers the opportunity in the A team matches.

Old May 21, 2013, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Trying out Shuvagata wouldn't be a bad option.
Old May 21, 2013, 05:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Trying out Shuvagata wouldn't be a bad option.
marshall to.
Old May 21, 2013, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I think Riyad should lead the team for this team. And all those players who are not very comfortable playing seam should be playing in this series. We dont have matches for a long time. It is more important to have some of our national boys stay with cricket. Its a golden opportunity to get some practice in foreign conditions. Other than Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, Raj, Gazi, Nasir, Robiul... rest should be playing.

My squad,

Shamsur
Ashraful (vc)
Anamul
Riyad (c)
Marshal
Mominul
Shabbir
Farhad
Mosharrof
Enamul
Taskin

Rest: Abul Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Mehrab Hossain Jnr, Alauddin Babu

Accept it or not, Ashraful wont be dropped soon. So might as well get him more and more practice. Even if his consistency goes up by 1%, its huge for us. Anamul, Mominul, Sabbir, Enamul, Abul are very much within the national side. So they need to be better prepared and it only makes sense to give chances to those who have performed well at domestic level, Marshal, Taskin, Mosharraf, Shuvagata, Mehrab and Babu. I wish there were slots for Soumya, Sajidul, Elias but not this time.
You already know what Ash can offer to you in international cricket. Same goes for Riyad. I dont think we need Mosharof Rubel in British Condition. Best option is to experiment with new players rather than experimenting in international matches.
Old May 21, 2013, 05:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
You already know what Ash can offer to you in international cricket. Same goes for Riyad. I dont think we need Mosharof Rubel in British Condition. Best option is to experiment with new players rather than experimenting in international matches.
yeah no need for ash or riyad, this tour will do nothing for them or BD cricket. they've played long enough and have enough experience, this tour really won't do anything for them imo.
Old May 21, 2013, 01:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

BCB should really look to get us a couple of 4-dayers in Ireland, IMO. The way we neglect FC cricket is astounding. Anyways the players I think should play are...

1) Jaharul
2) Soumya
3) Anamul
4) Mominul
5) Nasir (*)
6) Nurul Hasan (+)
7) Sabbir
8) Saqlain Sajib
9) Al Amin Hossain
10) Kamrul Islam Rabbi
11) Taskin Ahmed

I've picked Jaharul because he's still relatively inexperienced, and if he sorts his temperament issues, he is actually not a terrible opening batsman. Soumya gets in on his obvious talent and is the only guy who is a long term partner for Tamim. Anamul should work towards developing as a #3 or #4, depending on if Ash can hold his position down or not. Same with Mominul. Nasir gets in because we can test out his captaincy and also give him a taste of English conditions. Bearing in mind the 2015 WC will be in similar conditions, and is quickly approaching. Not really sure which seamers should be there besides Taskin, and not sure of the spinners either. Too many SLAs for my liking. On the fence about Hom because I really don't undertand the hype about him. He was perhaps a touch unlucky having not failed in his debut, but with a middle order of Shakib, Mushy, Nasir it would always be tough to cement a spot. Although with Riyad there is probably an open spot available, but it appears as though Mominul and perhaps even Anamul are ahead of him in the pecking order. His domestic form has also been pretty woeful.

Reserves that should make the trip:

Dewan Sabbir
Abu Jayed
Nur Hossain
Asif Ahmed
Alauddin Babu

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 21, 2013, 06:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
BCB should really look to get us a couple of 4-dayers in Ireland, IMO. The way we neglect FC cricket is astounding. Anyways the players I think should play are...

1) Jaharul
2) Soumya
3) Anamul
4) Mominul
5) Nasir (*)
6) Nurul Hasan (+)
7) Sabbir
8) Saqlain Sajib
9) Al Amin Hossain
10) Kamrul Islam Rabbi
11) Taskin Ahmed

I've picked Jaharul because he's still relatively inexperienced, and if he sorts his temperament issues, he is actually not a terrible opening batsman. Soumya gets in on his obvious talent and is the only guy who is a long term partner for Tamim. Anamul should work towards developing as a #3 or #4, depending on if Ash can hold his position down or not. Same with Mominul. Nasir gets in because we can test out his captaincy and also give him a taste of English conditions. Bearing in mind the 2015 WC will be in similar conditions, and is quickly approaching. Not really sure which seamers should be there besides Taskin, and not sure of the spinners either. Too many SLAs for my liking. On the fence about Hom because I really don't undertand the hype about him. He was perhaps a touch unlucky having not failed in his debut, but with a middle order of Shakib, Mushy, Nasir it would always be tough to cement a spot. Although with Riyad there is probably an open spot available, but it appears as though Mominul and perhaps even Anamul are ahead of him in the pecking order. His domestic form has also been pretty woeful.

Reserves that should make the trip:

Dewan Sabbir
Abu Jayed
Nur Hossain
Asif Ahmed
Alauddin Babu
for sure shuvagata is behind the likes of anamul and mominul, but like you said riyad's spot is definitely in question and in the shorter formats so is mominuls. reckon it would be good if asif ahmed was to make the trip, he's #3 that can open and those are our main trouble spots in the batting and he's been pretty consistent over the years at least in FC stuff.

so you've got marshall missing out (can't fit in everybody), actually it's good to see that there are enough batsmen contending for spots that even someone like marshall isn't a sure bet for the A team.
Old May 21, 2013, 06:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Totally forgot about Marshall, but I guess he deserves an A team call up after that last season. Anyone who gets called up to senior side should get called up to the A team.

I picked Asif, but like Marshall it remains to be seen if he can be expected to perform at the next level. I know nothing about Babu and have only picked him because he seems to have a large following here.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 21, 2013, 06:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Totally forgot about Marshall, but I guess he deserves an A team call up after that last season. Anyone who gets called up to senior side should get called up to the A team.

I picked Asif, but like Marshall it remains to be seen if he can be expected to perform at the next level. I know nothing about Babu and have only picked him because he seems to have a large following here.
from what i know about babu he bowls decent pace (130kph+ consistently), he started to perform well on the back end of the last FC season if my memory is right (certianly his last FC season was his best). he partnered abul in the u19s as an opening bowler, he has some potential with the bat as far as that he has the potential to be considered an all rounder (more so than zia/milon from what i've read). there is some footage of him bowling somewhere.
Old June 19, 2013, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Pakistan vs England under 19 will be broadcasted..not bd
Old June 19, 2013, 06:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Pakistan vs England under 19 will be broadcasted..not bd
Source please.
Old June 20, 2013, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Source please.
Search up Sky Ashes HD..
Old June 20, 2013, 07:57 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Search up Sky Ashes HD..
Quote:
The channel will also screen live county fixtures, highlights and various support shows as Sky Sports 2 HD is transformed and dedicated to cricket with no extra cost to customers.
Viewers will be able to enjoy the following on Sky Sports Ashes HD:
The Investec Ashes: Every session from cricket’s most eagerly awaited Test series, beginning with the first Test from Trent Bridge on 10 July.
The Women’s Ashes: Live coverage of all three Twenty20 internationals between England and Australia from this summer’s Women’s Ashes series.
Other cricket: Live YB40, Friend’s Life t20 and England v Pakistan under-19 international, plus archive shows, Cricket Am, Cricket Writers on TV and highlights.
http://corporate.sky.com/media/press...y_sports_ashes

hmmm. Lets wait and see I have looked what Cricket is on on Sky sports. They have not updated after 29th of July.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/cricket-on-sky
Old June 27, 2013, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Does BD under 23 news go under here too? Or new thread?
Old June 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Does BD under 23 news go under here too? Or new thread?
Are they touring UK. Open a new thread if you think its interesting.
Old June 27, 2013, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Are they touring UK. Open a new thread if you think its interesting.
http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...3-prelim-squad
Old July 7, 2013, 05:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

According to ittefaq there is a Possibility we may see few national team players in "A" team squad to UK.

http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?...84XzFfNTQ0OTM=
Old July 13, 2013, 09:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old July 23, 2013, 11:50 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

U19 team announced.

Mossasdek to lead. Abu Haider Rony (LFM) is there too. Only two player who were in the last U19 WC.

Lets see what Nazmul Hossain is made of(sl.3)...
Old July 23, 2013, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

U19 team announced.

Mossasdek to lead. Abu Haider Rony (LFM) is there too. Only two player who were in the last U19 WC.

Lets see what Nazmul Hossain is made of(sl.3)...
NAZMUL definitely has some promise but it was MEHEDI who played much better agt the only series, so far, agt Sri Lanka.

I m more excited with JUBAIR. he got plenty of wickets with his wrist spin-a rare phenomenon in our country.
Old July 30, 2013, 10:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Old July 30, 2013, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Warne to Gatting. Ahare, koto asha chilo Bangladesher cricket niye.
Old July 30, 2013, 11:35 AM

Afaik Shanto is Nazmul hossain. Not even a bowler
Old July 30, 2013, 12:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Afaik Shanto is Nazmul hossain. Not even a bowler
Main job opening the batting. Another part time leg spinner and we had few in last 10 years.

oops he is LHB, so dont exactly know if he is SLA or Leg spinnner
Old July 30, 2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Main job opening the batting. Another part time leg spinner and we had few in last 10 years.

oops he is LHB, so dont exactly know if he is SLA or Leg spinnner
Or a chinaman