facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2011, 02:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

I was surprised to read Monga's article written in that manner. It was kind of a direct bashing. cricinfo is usually pretty fair. I Hope cricinfo will be fair while critisizing its member. Everything can be said in a positive way, a negetive way and in a fair way. Fairness to all is important- Mr. Monga.

Old March 7, 2011, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Exactly.
Btw,welcome back.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
thnx bhaia. My SSC ended so I will try to come more frequently. Btw, I think we have criticized our players a little too much. Its tym to move on.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 7, 2011, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskills
I was surprised to read Monga's article written in that manner. It was kind of a direct bashing. cricinfo is usually pretty fair. I Hope cricinfo will be fair while critisizing its member. Everything can be said in a positive way, a negetive way and in a fair way. Fairness to all is important- Mr. Monga.
Typical Indian mentality bro. They pick on other's affairs forgetting their own past.

Old March 7, 2011, 02:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
To be honest this article had a bad taste, true. But we saw people admiring our love for cricket when the tournament kicked off. We had some good articles, but this one ruins it all.

Then again can we blame others for what we did? NO. We are to be blamed always for what happened, even though we sent flowers to the team hotel.

I think lot of us saw what happened around TSC, Shahabag and DU area yesterday. The whole area was a battlefield as the news of the death of a student was being spread. Then the students were breaking cars, buses, pavements etc etc. BRTC bought 100 new buses and one of them which costs crores of taka- was broken and diminished. DO we really need this? If any foreigner comes and see that incident then what he or she will think? We are a nation full of naive? Or what? You don't have to damage your own property to show anger or protest, do you?

To be honest we show too much reaction, we are passionate- it's true, but we are destructive as well. We must change ourselves. The sooner it's better for us.
Bro, blaming is not the name of the game. Its high time to move on.

Old March 7, 2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Typical Indian mentality bro. They pick on other's affairs forgetting their own past.

Ya, amora bohut uchcho morger luk!!!

agey amader sharmeo gulukey shamlan bhai...
Old March 7, 2011, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ya, amora bohut uchcho morger luk!!!

agey amader sharmeo gulukey shamlan bhai...
Spot on bro. Truth can't be denied. Egula ke shamlanor jonno 2 ta kaj kora dorkar
1. We need to change ourselves.
2. We all need to work together to bring the change.
Same with our players as well.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 7, 2011, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad

It's typical everyone's mentality. It is NOT an Indian monopoly. I wish we realize that we Bangladeshis are equally if not even more prone to point fingers at others forgetting our own not so pristine nature.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

ONCE AGAIN: THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT ATTACKING ANOTHER COUNTRY OR CULTURE

For all I know, Mr Monga might be a fellow American for all I know.

I was stupid to think my post would not result in neighbor bashing. We are no different folks, We are no different. Just pick up a newspaper.

- As myself

Zunaid, what were you thinking? I will probably have to close or delete this thread.

- As admin.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Sorry for posting it bro. Got a little too carried away and pissed off as well. Thing is, their hostility and ill mentality towards Bangladesh pisses me off.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 7, 2011, 03:53 PM
BC Editorial Team

@ Z bhai - we need to get in the habit of constructive criticism or whining without it degenerating it to a finger pointing exercise. Nothing wrong in posting Mr. Monga's short-comings. We the affectionados of BC just need to get with the program
Old March 7, 2011, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

very sneaky reporting by monga, definitely in poor taste. low class tactics IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Guys like S Monga and NS Sidhu, also a convicted murderer BTW, have a well defined political agenda. The fact that our cricket is a part of that BJP-inspired vitrol is the truly disturbing part. I feel sorry for everyone who has to live with such deeply disturbed individuals.
" Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity "
discovering political motivation in this is even more incredible.

conviction was stayed by supreme court btw.
Old March 7, 2011, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

For all I know, Mr Monga might be a fellow American for all I know.
I highly doubt that to be the case. For one I've heard him speak and he doesn't sound remotely American, accent or diction et al. Also even the most vitriolic of American journalists, on the mainstream media, use tact and some subtlety in their writings.

There's no semblance of subtlety in Monga's writing.

On a different note I personally noticed this drastic change in his tone after the India BD match in which it seemed both Sambit Bal (cricinfo editor) and Monga where very unhappy with what they percieved as 'saddistic cheering' by the BD crowd at Sehwag's getting hit...before that their writings didn't seem so bitter, like the tear-inducing article they wrote for the Opening Ceremony.

Last edited by Shartaz; March 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old March 9, 2011, 05:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

The last revolutionary standing

March 9, 2011
Posted by Sidharth Monga

Quote:
Binod is 101 now, the last revolutionary alive among that group, mainly comprising students, who fought a battle that they knew would eventually claim their lives. He is as frail as can be imagined. Recently he has been to Kolkata for treatment. He struggles with high blood pressure, but still watches cricket, much to the chagrin of those who look after him. He struggles to talk, but likes to tell stories. Dadu we call him. Like a dadu, a grandfather, he has us sit around him and tells us of the people who fought for independence. He doesn’t blink at all when he is talking. There are four of us there, and he looks into the eye of each, one by one, alternating, as he admits his memory plays tricks at times. Read Full Gem
Old March 9, 2011, 06:47 PM
Administrator

That's a real gem. A really good piece. Does not belong in this thread.
Old March 9, 2011, 07:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

@Doc, not to be a downer, but it was a 'real gem' only because of the story's Indian connection. That's why monga stayed away from his usual vitriol

Take nothing away from Binod, though.
Old March 9, 2011, 11:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Oh I thought I was the only one black-listed. I never ever use any harsh language, but yes I protest if I smell anything against Bangladesh. Mine were just posts, which never saw the light of the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Never liked Monga. Never published any of my articles sent to CI.
Old March 12, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Mongrel's back-handed compliments continue...

his last two profiles, while praising Bangladesh on the surface still contains some thinly veiled stabs.

For example, notice the wording in his most recent piece:

Quote:
In their hour of need at this World Cup, Bangladesh have had a 21-year-old, unassuming, short-for-a-fast-bowler fast bowler rise a notch above the rest and keep them alive in the tournament.
Firstly, while he may be far from tall, Shafiul is not that short. Shafiul is around 5-9 or 5-10. Would the same lines be used for other not-so-tall pacers like Shoaib, Roach, Steyn, or Malinga?

Secondly, saying someone is undersized, is perfectly legimitate in the world of sports journalism. Its not OK as a general table topic in "civilian" life, buts its OK in sports. But it could have been phrased in a hundred and one less offensive words. "Short", "slightly built", and "modest vertical endowment" are just a handful of the various things that could have been said. Instead we get "short-for-a-fast-bowler fast bowler".

Then we get continued barbs against Shakib's supposed lack of "tactical" acumen and Bangladesh's over reliance on Tamim to win matches, and how we were "never in the game" against India, although we were well within the required run rate for around a quarter of our innings. Fleeting it might have been, but "never" is not a word that can be used lightly.

Quote:
That will be a big relief for a group that can't be the best team to support: they give up chases once Tamim gets out, and they often bat first without plan or brains.
Who gave Mongrel the authority to judge which teams are good to support and which aren't. Forget being a well-wisher, the fact that his verbal jabs continue after impressive wins indicates that a even a Bangladesh neutral he is not.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 12, 2011, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Even when he tries to be sincere, he fails
Old March 12, 2011, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

How tall is he? Can he grip the bat and even slog?
Old March 12, 2011, 09:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

shitharth mongo he's name is. malinga is 5ft 5 around tendulkar height. shafiul is 5ft 10, yes he is not the tallest of fast-bowler but shafiul is taller than malinga, fidal edwards, mohammad sami etc. dont know what sh|tharth mongo been drinking to say something like that

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)