facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2013, 01:09 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Almost no progress

Quote:
RICHARD MCINNES
Naimul Karim
* Head coach of the National Cricket Academy Richard McInnes says systemic flaws in the BCB retarding progress.

* After six months of his contract '12-15 proposals' still await approval.

* Says lack of preparation before first-class cricket contributes to fast

bowlers' injuries.

* Fast bowlers 'will break' on the tour of Sri Lanka as they will have no time to prepare for the longer version after the BPL.
Quote:
It's been six months since Richard McInnes's return to Bangladesh as the head of the Bangladesh Cricket Board's (BCB) National Cricket Academy (NCA). The Australian, whose hard-hitting High Performance Unit camps back in 2005 are often credited with having helped produce some of the better players of today's national team, is however frustrated with what he described as 'close to zero progress' since his arrival.

“To be honest I have 12 or 15 different proposals in front of the board and they are just sitting there at the moment,” said McInnes, who is here on a two-year contract, when asked about the changes that he had tried to implement.
Quote:
“Unfortunately what's happened is that we have had the West Indies series, the NCL (National Cricket League), the BCL (Bangladesh Cricket League), the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League T20) and in between all that, the board being dissolved and the ad-hoc committee being appointed.
Quote:
“The way the BCB operates, whenever there's an event on, everybody is involved so nothing else happens. I'm just waiting until all these events finish and then we get some decisions made, which is unfortunate because most of those proposals need preparation time and they need to be ready for the start of the academy programme,” said McInnes.
Quote:
McInnes believed that the board needed 'managers who can take decisions'. “At the moment all the decision-making powers is with a small group of people and if they are busy nothing else in the business happens,” said McInnes.
Quote:
The appointment of an under-19 head coach for the world cup in 2014 for instance, is one such proposal that has been awaiting approval since September. Another crucial proposal gathering dust is related to the pre-season preparation for first-class cricket. “The preparation phase for first-class cricket hasn't changed over the years. There isn't any. So it's like unprofessional cricket, it's not first-class cricket,” said McInnes.
Quote:
The Australian believes that the players' injuries, especially for the bowlers, are a result of the lack of preparation before first-class competitions.

“The BCL I think was a great concept. That's what first-class cricket should look like. But it needs to have a pre-season programme, so that the players can get ready to play,” said McInnes.

“Almost none of our top fast bowlers played this year in the BCL. They are all injured. Mashrafe (Bin Mortaza), Taskin (Ahmed), Rubel (Hossain), Shafiul (Islam) didn't play. So there is an issue there with our fast bowler management,” he added.
Quote:
With Bangladesh scheduled to tour Sri Lanka, McInnes expects harsher outcomes. “The players who are playing BPL now will immediately go play Tests in Sri Lanka. The fast bowlers are bowling four overs now and will be expected to bowl 10-15 overs there. They'll break. They'll get injured.

“You can have the world's best fast bowling coach, but you still won't be able to do anything because there are so many other factors that contribute, and we need to get them right.” he added.

Stating one such factor, the 38-year-old said, “Fast bowling is physically hard. The food the team eats is rubbish. You can't ask a fast bowler to have a body that's resilient enough to handle the workload if you only eat rice and daal (lentils) -- you can't expect to drive a Ferrari and put water in the fuel tank,” exclaimed McInnes.
Quote:
Furthermore, he was critical of the 'timing' of the second edition of the BPL. With Bangladesh scheduled to leave for Sri Lanka on March 1 and with the final round of the BCL set to take place after the end of the BPL on February 19, there seems to be no room for preparation.

“Getting a bowler ready for Test cricket takes six weeks, not six days. The BPL will definitely have a negative effect on the tour of Sri Lanka. Our top pacers are signed up with the teams, but they aren't bowling as much because it's all spin. How are they going to get ready if they are not playing?” said McInnes.

Source: http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=267065

Old January 29, 2013, 01:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

*clap* Richard makes many valid points. If we can't even prepare properly for the few international fixtures that we do have - then how will we ever get anywhere or even increase the number of international matches we play?
Old January 29, 2013, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

McInnnes is about to lose his job.....is he crazy? Why speak the truth while taking a job in BD. These Westerners will never learn. Just keep your mouth shut and do your job...which is doing nothing.
Old January 29, 2013, 02:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
McInnnes is about to lose his job.....is he crazy? Why speak the truth while taking a job in BD. These Westerners will never learn. Just keep your mouth shut and do your job...which is doing nothing.
This is very brave post. Now every Bangladeshi will hate betaar bhai. Bhai apne shottho kotha na boolei tho parthen. #damachapa
Old January 29, 2013, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

that was totally uncalled for..Mr. McInnes...he should know better...our BCB is always working very hard on being UNPROFESSIONAL
Old January 29, 2013, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

He's in Bangladesh and he expects things to actually get done???

I feel bad for him. Banging his head against a brick wall.
Old January 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Now you can see why no one wants to coach Bangladesh because they know BCB is an arrogant and unprofessional board. Them and these politicians will destroy Bangladesh Cricket and are embarrassing especially that Pakistan tour saga. This is the same board that is most likely along with its politicians that's preventing a region like Syhlet from having their own proper stadium and holding matches.
Old January 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Is this the worst Part?? Or the Root weakness of BCB as an organization??

Quote:
“The way the BCB operates, whenever there's an event on, everybody is involved so nothing else happens. I'm just waiting until all these events finish and then we get some decisions made, which is unfortunate because most of those proposals need preparation time and they need to be ready for the start of the academy programme,” said McInnes
Old January 29, 2013, 02:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Stating one such factor, the 38-year-old said, “Fast bowling is physically hard. The food the team eats is rubbish. You can't ask a fast bowler to have a body that's resilient enough to handle the workload if you only eat rice and daal (lentils) -- you can't expect to drive a Ferrari and put water in the fuel tank,” exclaimed McInnes.

Watch it now coach, you have really crossed the line
Old January 29, 2013, 02:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^^ Hahaha khali bhat ar dal khai. McInnes seems really frustrated and rightly so.
Old January 29, 2013, 03:25 PM

If we are going to lose Richard, Bangladesh cricket would be in deep trouble.

Hope BCB president Mr. Hasan will do something ASAP before it is too late.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:08 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

What's Mr. Hasan's incentive? Status quo is great for BCB...
Old January 29, 2013, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We can't afford to lose Richard. He's worked in this environment before and if he's complaining, it means he's beyond pissed.
Old January 29, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cricket Sage

BCB doesn't know how to multi task, what else is new. When is the damn election happening? We really need Saber Hossain to come back.
Old January 30, 2013, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
This is Bangladesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

This will be great lost for Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
BCB doesn't know how to multi task, what else is new. When is the damn election happening? We really need Saber Hossain to come back.
Things need to change for good.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I guess BCB can ignore Richard's frustration ftb. Coming SL tour gonna be a failed one for BD, its almost sure now, as his concern explains. If BPL is the priority atm, BCB better enforce everyone for clearing those BPL payment issues 1st. SL tour evaluation for coaches can be neglected and replacement of Richard can be done after the tour anyway.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I guess BCB can ignore Richard's frustration ftb. Coming SL tour gonna be a failed one for BD, its almost sure now, as his concern explains. If BPL is the priority atm, BCB better enforce everyone for clearing those BPL payment issues 1st. SL tour evaluation for coaches can be neglected and replacement of Richard can be done after the tour anyway.
You and many other Bangladeshi's need to stop being so negative that Bangladesh will fail in Sri Lanka and all that. If so then we shouldn't be playing Cricket so quit whining and be positive on Bangladesh Cricket.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
You and many other Bangladeshi's need to stop being so negative that Bangladesh will fail in Sri Lanka and all that. If so then we shouldn't be playing Cricket so quit whining and be positive on Bangladesh Cricket.
Dont know how you find it negetive. BCB cant multitask, you cant change it, neither expect it after whatever Richard has to say. Knowing yourself well, BCB better keeps her membrains busy on BPL with higher priority and helps it to be successful without Pakistani players, its allready huge challenge than a tour which is due to start next month can be handled without Richard even. Like he said, BCB cant run Ferrari with water but surely can afford some desi kerosine.
Old January 29, 2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Dont know how you find it negetive. BCB cant multitask, you cant change it, neither expect it after whatever Richard has to say. Knowing yourself well, BCB better keeps her membrains busy on BPL with higher priority and helps it to be successful without Pakistani players, its allready huge challenge than a tour which is due to start next month can be handled without Richard even. Like he said, BCB cant run Ferrari with water but surely can afford some desi kerosine.

I wasn't talking about the Politics I agree its bad but I was talking about our Cricket team and tired of hearing our players will just fail and all that, this is a completely new Bangladesh team now more confident on how to go about their business on the field. These Sri Lankan youngsters are probably not much different to our youngsters so we have a pretty decent chance of winning. If its because these matches are going to be AWAY therefore we fail or something totally disagree. Some of our players travelled to SLPL and performed very well over in Sri Lanka so I don't think they will struggle right from the start.
Old January 29, 2013, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I wasn't talking about the Politics I agree its bad but I was talking about our Cricket team and tired of hearing our players will just fail and all that, this is a completely new Bangladesh team now more confident on how to go about their business on the field. These Sri Lankan youngsters are probably not much different to our youngsters so we have a pretty decent chance of winning. If its because these matches are going to be AWAY therefore we fail or something totally disagree. Some of our players travelled to SLPL and performed very well over in Sri Lanka so I don't think they will struggle right from the start.
He didnt mention about the entire team, he mentioned our fast bowlers will struggle in the tour which is valid. I havent seen any of our fast bowlers are doing great in BPL. BPL is just 4 overs game but in SL they have to bowl 10-15 overs per day. I dont think our fast bowlers are prepared for that. I watched the recent Aus- SL T20 from the ground and i saw them practicing before the game. These SL young players are physically fitter then the Australian team. Their catching, throwing, ground fielding were top quality. Kulasekara was bowling 125-130 kmph but he killed the aussie batsman with his swing. Their young batsmen werent scared to go against the aussie bowlers. I dont think BPL is enough to prepare for this tough tour.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

jotoi hok, bhaat niya khota deya ta thik hoy nai ,
Old January 29, 2013, 09:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Exactly. Bhaaat neye khota?
Old January 30, 2013, 09:10 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
thik achhe, ek bela kore khak!
Old January 29, 2013, 06:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

AFAIK that was Richard's motto from his last stint with BCB
Old January 29, 2013, 08:13 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ei beta ki bole?? Bhat na khele amader bowler ra ki kheye bachbe????

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)