facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old August 1, 2006, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quite possibly the greatest profile I've ever seen. Quality stuff.

Old August 1, 2006, 02:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by James90
Quite possibly the greatest profile I've ever seen. Quality stuff.
James, whose profile are you talking about?
Old August 2, 2006, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

The mods need to make a decision sometime soon. It doesn't matter whether a majority or minority of members agree; mods should ask if there is enough room for offense to be taken, if that is healthy for the forum.

Razzab, it doesn't follow that AH's comments in other threads are not harmful enough for us to request he change his nick. If his comments are offensive, the mods should deal with them separately as they do with all posters. So while you may want to research the members posting records to understand him/her better, the central issue is that the offense is made/perceived/received at first glance, not after reading all the member's posts. I may personally agree with all of AH's posts on Israeli aggression (haven't read them), but that is not the point.

As Bangladeshis and for those of us who are Muslims, it is hard enough to make the case for an intelligent, progressive and peaceful Islam. We need to make intelligent arguments against the stupidity of many Israeli/US policies that cost so many lives across the globe on a daily basis. We don't need to be anti-Semitic while doing that. AH's nick detracts from anything he is going to write on this forum, and it dilutes his message.
Old August 2, 2006, 11:35 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I stayed out of this thread for a long time.

Finally, I would just put my two cents:

If today or tomorrow someone registers with a name like "Alexander the great(!!)" or "Ghengish Khan" what would we do. say, they use the exact picture of these people?

nothing. we will do nothing. But, they are the people of same caribre. the only difference is, people who controls the media was on the receiving end of AH, not the other two. guess what, we actually got more harmed by the other two than AH. if it was us controlling the media, these two would have been worst.

point is: AH was bad, bad, bad. But don't just get diverted by media. use your thought as well. if someone chooses to use the name AH, what does that has to do with me? its his bad taste. i can't complain about it, unless it hurts my feeling.

Last edited by Rubu; December 2, 2006 at 07:06 PM..
Old August 3, 2006, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
James, whose profile are you talking about?
Hitler's...it's hilarious.
Old December 1, 2006, 06:56 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Hmm why did I miss this thread?.. No wonder Hitler's arrival took some heat off my nickname. To me a nick or avatar makes no difference to how I perceive someone's views, unless s/he really posts something that goes beyond free speech. I agree with Rafique on everything he said, except "AH's nick detracts from anything he is going to write on this forum, and it dilutes his message", because I feel it rather dilutes the common sense of any respondents who judge someone by his nickname.
Old December 2, 2006, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Hmm why did I miss this thread?.. No wonder Hitler's arrival took some heat off my nickname. To me a nick or avatar makes no difference to how I perceive someone's views, unless s/he really posts something that goes beyond free speech. I agree with Rafique on everything he said, except "AH's nick detracts from anything he is going to write on this forum, and it dilutes his message", because I feel it rather dilutes the common sense of any respondents who judge someone by his nickname.
Where did you get your nick... the Meshuggah song/album?
Old December 2, 2006, 02:08 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Where did you get your nick... the Meshuggah song/album?
It's a band - http://www.hatebreed.com/
Old December 2, 2006, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

...yes, and they do concerts with Meshuggah a lot. I was thinking of "Future Breed Machine" by shuggah.
Old December 2, 2006, 04:04 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Yeah Hatebreed tours with a lot of bands, saw them with Slipknot & Slayer, best show ever!
Old December 2, 2006, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

on this topic of nicknames, i am very offended (and have been for sumtime) about 'hitler' the nickname of one of the users of whom regularly contributes to these forums. He says hes anti-semitic, and on his profile it says his location is 'Nazi Germany' as if it is some sort of JOKE! Im sorry, but i dont know how u can be proud to idolise yourself as the BIGGEST evil dictator of all time with the complete wipeout of 6 million Jews, disabled, gays, jehovah's etc.
I dont know this user in person, but the moderators should take a closer look and deem this not only offensive and racist but ILLEGAL! In the uk, you get the finger pointed at you if you represent the swastika and can cause contraversy(prince harrys jacket) i dont know if it is illegal or not though but i think it should be, but in this case, the mods should ATLEAST ask him to change his nickname and take away the picture and find LOVE for humanity for godsake!!!
Old December 2, 2006, 07:13 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I have refrained myself for a long time saying this, but since the thread came up once again, I'll say it now:

I found it more of a bad taste the nick 'pundit' than the nick 'hitler'. and I was so surprised to see someone calling himself pundit is complaining that someone choose the nick hitler!

Also, I'll say it one more time. hitler did nothing new/special/different than the dozens other who wanted to rule the world throughout the history (including present day). number of casualities was exact propertion of their ability (what kind of arms they have and how many people they have). the only difference is that hitler went against the people who controls the media. that is what make him the worst of all. other than that they all are same. equally bad. so, if someone does not get offended by the name Alexander or ghengish khan or claive loyed (sp), i do not understand why someone would get offended by the nick hitler.
Old December 2, 2006, 07:42 PM
Administrator

I think this topic has been dicussed to death for now. We are taking the necessary steps.

- Admin

Personally - I find it in bad taste at best and excrutiangly offensive at worst. We should have taken apropriate actions earlier and because we did not I personally apologize. I cannot begin to comprehend that people here on this forum did not find this nick offensive. Are we so far removed that we cannot understand the offense? What if someone logs in as "Tikka Khan" or "Butcher Niazi"? Even if the posts were seemingly innocuous, would that make it any better?

For a nation that has lost so many hunderd of thousands and millions to unsurprassed butchery and genocide should understand.
Old December 2, 2006, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

thanks Zunaid Uncle.

we need to think from the point of view of others sometimes. then this world will a lot better place. it will help us understand each other better.
Old December 3, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I think this topic has been dicussed to death for now. We are taking the necessary steps.

- Admin

Personally - I find it in bad taste at best and excrutiangly offensive at worst. We should have taken apropriate actions earlier and because we did not I personally apologize. I cannot begin to comprehend that people here on this forum did not find this nick offensive. Are we so far removed that we cannot understand the offense? What if someone logs in as "Tikka Khan" or "Butcher Niazi"? Even if the posts were seemingly innocuous, would that make it any better?

For a nation that has lost so many hunderd of thousands and millions to unsurprassed butchery and genocide should understand.
If you go on like that then you have to ban name 'Bush', 'Saddam'. Even some common name like 'Aorongojeb' would be offensive to some of our hindu friend. It would become a witch hunt.
I personaly feel this is of bad taste, I objected impulsively when I first saw it. but now I think it is simply unnecessary a cry for changing nick. I remember there was Stalin. No body give a damn about that. As Rubu correctly pointed to some 'Pandit' is bad taste. Even my nick is bad taste to someone. Only Allah is the best. So if someone cry should I would be forced to change nick. And if Rubu demands would Pandit change his nick?
It is more on what he does in the board. There are more bigots in the board with nice nick. You have banned someone with some very nice nick. I think that should be criteria to judge. The name of one Jafar (with prefix Mir) just boiled our blood, but another Jafar (Bahadur Shah Jafar) clamed our blood. So would you also ban the name Jafar assuming that he reminds the board member about Mir Jafar.
Old December 3, 2006, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
If you go on like that then you have to ban name 'Bush', 'Saddam'. Even some common name like 'Aorongojeb' would be offensive to some of our hindu friend. It would become a witch hunt.
I personaly feel this is of bad taste, I objected impulsively when I first saw it. but now I think it is simply unnecessary a cry for changing nick. I remember there was Stalin. No body give a damn about that. As Rubu correctly pointed to some 'Pandit' is bad taste. Even my nick is bad taste to someone. Only Allah is the best. So if someone cry should I would be forced to change nick. And if Rubu demands would Pandit change his nick?
It is more on what he does in the board. There are more bigots in the board with nice nick. You have banned someone with some very nice nick. I think that should be criteria to judge. The name of one Jafar (with prefix Mir) just boiled our blood, but another Jafar (Bahadur Shah Jafar) clamed our blood. So would you also ban the name Jafar assuming that he reminds the board member about Mir Jafar.
Well, we will try not to go down the slippery slope like that. But the choice of the name Hitler (with a pic of Hitler in the avatar to practically enforce a double reminder) shows deliberate poor taste, sets the user up for potential taunts from other members (especially when he engages quite regularly in political discussions), and eventually, raises the amount of unnecessary noise in the forums. Now, not all controversies are unhealthy, but this is primarily a cricket forum, and we like to think ourselves as a moderate community and have faith in the way we handle these things.
Old December 3, 2006, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
on this topic of nicknames, i am very offended (and have been for sumtime) about 'hitler' the nickname of one of the users of whom regularly contributes to these forums. He says hes anti-semitic, and on his profile it says his location is 'Nazi Germany' as if it is some sort of JOKE! Im sorry, but i dont know how u can be proud to idolise yourself as the BIGGEST evil dictator of all time with the complete wipeout of 6 million Jews, disabled, gays, jehovah's etc.
I dont know this user in person, but the moderators should take a closer look and deem this not only offensive and racist but ILLEGAL! In the uk, you get the finger pointed at you if you represent the swastika and can cause contraversy(prince harrys jacket) i dont know if it is illegal or not though but i think it should be, but in this case, the mods should ATLEAST ask him to change his nickname and take away the picture and find LOVE for humanity for godsake!!!
This is a real cracker. Ever heard of the name Joseph Stalin? Gengish Khan? Idi-Amin? or Gerorge W Bush? Pol-Pot? Mao Zedong? Kim Jong-il?

For the love of humanity, please do some research coz you have no idea when it comes to analysing evil dictators.
Old December 3, 2006, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

alien from hogwartz, did i mention that these people that u brought up were angels? il think ul find the answer to be NO!, of course they are evil dictators and commited unforgivable crimes, but jees i am not talking about them, if u read my post, u will find that i am focused particularly on the user called 'hitler'????? if there were users called bush, stalin, amin, etc (i dont know if there are) then i would have mentioned them too....

seems to me , u have looked upon my post from a different view from what i am really trying to get at....