facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2004, 01:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Default money for a win?

I am so desperate for a Bangladesh test win, I am willing to go around and collect a £1 from everyone I know and give it to the player/players who plays out of their skin to ensure a win.
Maybe every Bangladesh loving person can do the same and that way we could collect so much money, it would give our players the extra push or incentive to go out there and play cricket for once.
What do you think my poor fellow, mentally drained followers of Bangladesh cricket?
You think I am crazy?
You think I am mad?
What do you expect?
Told you I am desperate,
desperate for a win, a win, a win a win a win a win a win a win a win arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old October 11, 2004, 02:12 PM
Retired BC Admin

Its not you or me being crazy or mad, its the system. Our system is still truely a toddler but our expectation is pretty much young. A strong system is sure to bring delight to us. Our first win might not be too far off but we just have to wait a while longer for consistency as the system grows up.

As for financial incentives, I think BCB already announces some.
Old October 11, 2004, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Count me in deshpremi....I'm desperate too...But I reckon I'll reach ur stage if they don't beat Zim in Jan...Hopefully everyone's desperation will end in January Inshallah....
Old October 11, 2004, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

They should play for their COUNTRY..... There are things that are more important than money.

They are playing just to live the luxury, that's the problem.
Old October 11, 2004, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
They should play for their COUNTRY..... There are things that are more important than money.
This is what I wanted to say. Money may a motivator, but Patriotism is a Super-Motivator.
Old October 11, 2004, 03:51 PM
Club Cricketer

but at this rate, i will have no hair left, arghhhhhhhhhhhh and whatever remains will be all white aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old October 11, 2004, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Wow, orph. that is probably one the more profound things you have said. Way to go..
Old October 12, 2004, 04:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Just some thoughts!

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
They are playing just to live the luxury, that's the problem.
Said well.. but maybe that is where our mental blockade is.
The whole nation of BD has been frustrated and deprived by the system and the politicians for so very long.. that our 'Patriotism-Spine' is crushed almost for good!

In my view... the cricketers are doing far better than many other sectors of the country... atleast they do tend to have the emotions left in them every once in a while! (even though someone may argue that they are 'well-paid' enough to be patriots!!)

IMWO.. being raised in this country which has been going down in terms of hopes and dreams more and more every day...does effect their confidence and mental strength atleast a little bit!!

So maybe.. just maybe..it really will take them long to find permanent belief in themselves and then rise as a really strong Cricket Team in the scenario of world cricket!!

I do hope and wish that time is short enough for us fans to retain our own hopes for the nation as a whole!!

Personally, I myself, solely want to see the rise of a whole new generation all over the country and the nation... changing the total scenario in a huge way!!

Call it a dream.. but thats what I still have atlest!