facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 1, 2004, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Shariful Islam

They're talking about a 13 year old Bangladeshi on the cricket show whose talking to Michael Clarke and training with him or something...does anyone know anything about this?

Old January 1, 2004, 09:31 PM
Retired BC Admin

No idea about the identity. Details please.
Old January 1, 2004, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Details?? Don't know them the piece was on Michael Clarke but if he ever plays for Bangladesh I'd like this dug up and noted that I spotted his first
Old January 1, 2004, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I think he is a person who migrated to Australia. They said born in Bangladesh. Which indicates to me that he is an Australian citizan... if he ever does reach test level, he would probably play for Australia.
Old January 1, 2004, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Isn't it that if you're born in a country you become a citizen? Or if you're parents were born and have citizenship in a country then so do you???
Old January 2, 2004, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

This Shariful Islam guy was also caught in my eyes on TV at the lunch break of yesterday's SCG test. He was being shown practicing cricket with Michael Clarke and also being interviewed. I was pretty surprised !
Old January 2, 2004, 07:22 AM
Cricket Legend

yesterday?
Old November 22, 2012, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think i have met Shariful Islam at someones house but i forgot his name until i had a friend talk abt a Bangali playing in the Sydney Grade cricket comp. When i talked to Shariful i remember he mentioned that he was in the same grade team (i think the team is called Western Suburbs) as Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc and Michael Clarke.

And then i did some intense research and found out the following.

He was born in Bangladesh and grew up in Australia. He played Australian schoolboys cricket at around the age of 16 i think. So i think he is an Aussie by nature. If this is the case then he could have chance at playing for Bangladesh if he is brought around the cricketing culture of Australia. Im not too sure if the following facts are true but he was in the Bangladesh U17s team (in 2000) and batted at #5. He was in the same team as Mohammad Ashraful, Nafees Iqbal, Talha Jubair, Nasiruddin Faruque and Manjurul Islam.

Afterwards i think he played a couple of DPL matches for Mohammaden Sports Club and on some scoresheets he goes by the name "Rony". I think he still plays grade cricket in Sydney but im not too sure. He is a right handed batsmen and pace bowler. He is currently 26 yrs old.

I distinguishly remember how he looked like and i remember him as a guy with a solid build.

Does anyone else have any info on this guy and what he is doing now? And also can anyone clarify if the info above is correct? Sohel bhai have you seen him play? Is he a good prospect to look at?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/Australi...yer/56113.html
Old November 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

These are scorecards of him playing for Bangladesh U17s. (against Pak and SL in 2000)

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv.../70/70187.html
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archiv.../70/70249.html
Old November 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

He must not be good enough since never came close to be part of any BD international camp or did he?
Old November 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Objection betaar bhai!! OBjection!! Manush banor theke ashe nai.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah he probably didnt perform but he also didnt play that many matches in the DPL so you cant really judge a player with just a couple of matches. My point is if we have a Bangali cricketer going through the Aussie cricketing system it would benefit his game more due to the quality of cricket etc.
Old November 22, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

ive been looking thru Shariful Islam's stats in Grade Cricket in Sydney and he is inconsistent, just like the BD team.

http://www.sydneygrade.nsw.cricket.c...eerbatting.asp
Old November 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

^^ perfect! He'd fit straight into our team then!
Old January 28, 2015, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I think i have met Shariful Islam at someones house but i forgot his name until i had a friend talk abt a Bangali playing in the Sydney Grade cricket comp. When i talked to Shariful i remember he mentioned that he was in the same grade team (i think the team is called Western Suburbs) as Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Starc and Michael Clarke.

He was born in Bangladesh and grew up in Australia. He played Australian schoolboys cricket at around the age of 16 i think. So i think he is an Aussie by nature. If this is the case then he could have chance at playing for Bangladesh if he is brought around the cricketing culture of Australia. Im not too sure if the following facts are true but he was in the Bangladesh U17s team (in 2000) and batted at #5. He was in the same team as Mohammad Ashraful, Nafees Iqbal, Talha Jubair, Nasiruddin Faruque and Manjurul Islam.

Afterwards i think he played a couple of DPL matches for Mohammaden Sports Club and on some scoresheets he goes by the name "Rony". I think he still plays grade cricket in Sydney but im not too sure. He is a right handed batsmen and pace bowler. He is currently 26 yrs old.

I distinguishly remember how he looked like and i remember him as a guy with a solid build.

Does anyone else have any info on this guy and what he is doing now? And also can anyone clarify if the info above is correct? Sohel bhai have you seen him play? Is he a good prospect to look at?

"at someone's house". LOL it was at your house g-man ahaha.
Old January 30, 2015, 12:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
"at someone's house". LOL it was at your house g-man ahaha.
haha Yee boy!! connections bruu!!
Old January 30, 2015, 07:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

If this is the same Shariful Islam I'm thinking of, then I highly doubt he has any chance of playing international cricket. He's definitely a very good player at club level, and has made a name for himself as a batsman in the Sydney club scene. I'll admit I have only seen 2 innings of him in a fairly big tournament here in Sydney, but getting bowled by a 115km pace bowler for a golden duck on an astroturf track doesn't exactly suggest international standard.

Hopefully you're not talking about the same guy.

Edit: Yeah it's the same guy. Very much doubt he's even Australian state level quality let alone international standard. Nonetheless, very good at club level.
Old January 30, 2015, 07:18 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Lol we have a thread for jodu modu kodu too. Time to open my own thread now
Old January 30, 2015, 07:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Lol we have a thread for jodu modu kodu too. Time to open my own thread now
Please open one
Old January 30, 2015, 06:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
If this is the same Shariful Islam I'm thinking of, then I highly doubt he has any chance of playing international cricket. He's definitely a very good player at club level, and has made a name for himself as a batsman in the Sydney club scene. I'll admit I have only seen 2 innings of him in a fairly big tournament here in Sydney, but getting bowled by a 115km pace bowler for a golden duck on an astroturf track doesn't exactly suggest international standard.

Hopefully you're not talking about the same guy.

Edit: Yeah it's the same guy. Very much doubt he's even Australian state level quality let alone international standard. Nonetheless, very good at club level.
he's practically given up, just living life as far as i know..just playing cos he can.
Old January 31, 2015, 06:03 AM
Street Cricketer

Nice well thanks to share this ....