facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 16, 2012, 03:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

@Zunaid bhai, I believe you are referring to the Fazal syndrom when you say: Isn't the High Performance team supposed to a bridge for that?
The HP program can only serve a select few. The talented kids outside its aegis are honing their bad habits. If only we could franchise academies like Saber bhai is thinking of to all over the country. Of course that means we need properly trained coaches and their is a huge paucity of that.

We might even consider a train the trainer model and hire a few well qualified foreign coaches to groom more coaches aware of modern techniques.

Old July 16, 2012, 03:18 AM
BC Editorial Team

I've thought about the coaching part but can't decide whether having coaching from an early age is a positive or a -ve. USA in soccer and the fact the most scary English batsmen have typically been from South Africa is why the prospect of over-coaching keeps lurking in my mind. If we can adopt the Lankan style of coaching where idiosyncrasies are built upon rather than eradicated, then we may have something.
Old July 16, 2012, 03:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The problem in my view is that we are always looking for the next Tendulkar out of the youth system and in that process ruining the careers of many young cricketers. The day the administrators will realize that only finding talented individuals won't solve a problem that is systemic, would probably the day we see an end to this practice of drafting youngsters in too early. We must find a way to move away from a culture of finding quick fixes so that the focus could be on long term solutions. Saber Bhai has pointed out the major factors that is causing our cricket to stagnate. From His interview we now know that the plan was there even back in 2000 but has not been followed through. 12 years on we now find ourselves at the bottom of the ladder with zero ranking points in Test cricket and if that isn't a wake up call I don't know what is.
Old July 16, 2012, 03:48 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

The best accolade I can give to this man, is he thinks like an English cricket administrator.

It is obvious to everyone outside of BD what needs to happen. Systems, coaching set ups, administration, planning, development, playing, structures - just mimic the English county system and club structures, and you won't go wrong. It is what Australia, NZ, SA and other nations started with.

It's why irish cricket is developing at a faster rate than BD. Just watch what Ireland is doing as it bids to get Test status. It is putting in the correct structures to support the national team.

Start again, start afresh. Restructure and redevelop the game from schools to the Test arena.

It is really no good polishing the surface of an apple if the core is rotten or diseased.
Old July 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Saber bhai, great to see you like my idea.
The parameters of a Champions league could be as follows:
1) Make the call between franchise based (ala IPL) or as the apex of the Region based 1st class competitions each country runs (ala Ranji, NCL).
2) Promotion/relegation every year or every 2 years (1st class sides need time to mature)
3) Level of foreign player participation. More = glamor but also dilutes "feeder" value to National teams
4) If franchise model, would foreign ownership be allowed? I can see an SRK being very interested in buying THE BD franchise as a natural extension of KRR = team for all Bangla speakers mantra.

@Zunaid bhai, I believe you are referring to the Fazal syndrom when you say: Isn't the High Performance team supposed to a bridge for that?
Thats one of the best ideas I've heard. But is there big money behind it? Hard to get BCCI involved unless they can make a killing. Also not sure how excited BCCI and PCB would be with a "Bangladeshi" idea. But this is definitely a proposal worth working for. At present all the subcontinent teams suck at Test cricket so we should have a common interest to develop our FC player base.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
The best accolade I can give to this man, is he thinks like an English cricket administrator.

It is obvious to everyone outside of BD what needs to happen. Systems, coaching set ups, administration, planning, development, playing, structures - just mimic the English county system and club structures, and you won't go wrong. It is what Australia, NZ, SA and other nations started with.........
I think the following can be of mutual interest:

Quote:
SHC: I had an occasion to visit the Commonwealth Bank Cricket Academy in Adelaide and spent almost half a day talking to Rod Marsh who was at that time in charge of the Academy. I was much impressed by the set up there and in setting up our Academy; I would like to have a strategic partnership with a similar Academy so that we could from time to time get specialized coaches for special camps covering all the disciplines.
Old July 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

man, i am so disappoited. interview text are so formal and properly punctuated, almost feels fake.... nobody talks like that, ppl talk like ths..like how i am writing.

i thought it would be a personal type interview like does he wear the same lungi evrytime he watches for a bd win.....

and what is he doing right now for our cricket if anything....

people are probably gonna curse me here but i am gonna say in this wrong thread that kamal is actually a pretty decent bcb president in my opinion. we should try to get an interview frm him....
Old July 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
Administrator

This was an asynchronous written exchange - there ya go. We've been trying to get Mustafa Kamal to talk to us. No breakthroughs yet.

Briefs or boxers next.
Old July 19, 2012, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This was an asynchronous written exchange - there ya go. We've been trying to get Mustafa Kamal to talk to us. No breakthroughs yet.

Briefs or boxers next.
Asynchronous. Hmm. Intelligent-sounding word. I shall strive to use it more often in conversation.
Old July 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We need men with vision like him. Not just for Cricket but for the country.
That's what I have always been rooting for. I would rather like to see him as country's PM than BCB President. He will still have an opportunity to do lot for sports from PM's chair.
Old July 20, 2012, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I like the idea of making cricket academy by Saber hossain.Surely this type of academy will help our cricket a lot.So two big academy on the way.Another by Tommy Miah.
Old July 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
That's what I have always been rooting for. I would rather like to see him as country's PM than BCB President. He will still have an opportunity to do lot for sports from PM's chair.
You seem to be disoriented with BD politics...you don't know that, PM's chair has been bought by Sheikhs and Zias..??
Old July 29, 2012, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You seem to be disoriented with BD politics...you don't know that, PM's chair has been bought by Sheikhs and Zias..??
Yeah, I know its a sin to even think anyone else as PM!