facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Should CEC Aziz resign?
Yes, it can only help the issue. 15 68.18%
No, he should hold his post. 2 9.09%
Doesn't matter, the fight will go on. 5 22.73%
Everything will be fine in a few days. 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 15, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Should CEC Aziz resign?

Well, I am not sure whether there is another thread about this issue but if there is, mods please merge it with the old one.

Do you guys think CEC Aziz should resign? Obviously, AL will continue the strike till he resigns and BNP is very much for him and there is no middle ground in this issue.

Personally I believe he took some controversial decisions and it can only help if we can get someone who can be trusted by both sides.

Old November 15, 2006, 01:14 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Yes, now resignation of CEC may help in stopping chaos and sufferings of common people which BAL is doing.

But the problem is, this will create more anarchy in future. BAL is setting examples to destroy constitutional institutions. From now on, after every government, the opposition will create anarchy like this to get rid of persons they do not want from every post. And, dignified people will be unwilling to take these vital posts.

CEC Aziz was a very good judge in his career. He was unpopular to media due to a case against Prothom-Alo and Daily Star which he ruled against them. AS A CEC he has taken few decisions which were questioned in the high court. Despite the decision went in favor of him (the main issue was whether he himself taken the sole decision to make the voter list or it was a collective decision by the commission. High court judged in favor of commission and ruled that it was a collective decision by commission), media played with the minor part of the judgement and made him more controversial. Media now portraying him as 'pagol' 'ummad' and many other thing.

I also want M A Aziz to go, beacuse if BAL do not win the election under Aziz, they will again start anarchy and more vandalism than current one. Its better that a new CEC takes the charge and so that BAL does not get that opportunity (if they win, then its fine, does not matter whether its Aziz or not).

But again, CEC is a constitutional post, now I want to ask a last question, what really M A Azziz has done so he should go? Can anyone explain??

And I request to make specific allegations.

Last edited by Miraz; November 15, 2006 at 01:30 PM..
Old November 15, 2006, 01:25 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Everyone concerning BD politics should resign.
Old November 15, 2006, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Everyone concerning BD politics should resign.
but how? from para/moholla to national level, in every single level there are BAL, BNP, etc. activists. who will run the country!!!
Old November 15, 2006, 02:56 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yes, otherwise it seems like he will starve to death, as no dokandar will sell anything to him - according to a news piece in Prothom Alo - oh man, this is hilarious!!
Old November 15, 2006, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Interesting comments by our own Ershad about CEC Aziz published in the newAgeBD.com. One thing is for sure, Ershad has a very good sense of humor:

Ershad says Aziz more ‘shameless’ than him
Staff Correspondent
The former military dictator, Hussein Muhammad Ershad who has been dubbed ‘most shameless’ during the anti-autocrat movement in the late 1980s, said on Wednesday that the chief election commissioner, MA Aziz, had outdone him.

The deposed president smiled when a reporter asked for his comments on Aziz’s rigid refusal to step aside despite a bloody movement and compared it with Ershad’s own attempts to cling on to power despite mass movements that led to a caricature by noted artist Quamrul Hasan calling Ershad ‘Bishwa Behaya’ (most shameless).

God willing, that allegation will now be shifted elsewhere,’ Ershad told a press conference at his Banani office on Wednesday. Ershad held Aziz responsible for the current political impasse that brought the country to a standstill.
‘The chief election commissioner has to take all responsibility for the political stalemate. If he resigns, the nation will get back its lost life,’ he added.
On his party’s participation in the elections, he said Jatiya Party believed in elections.
Old November 15, 2006, 05:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Yes, now resignation of CEC may help in stopping chaos and sufferings of common people which BAL is doing.

But the problem is, this will create more anarchy in future. BAL is setting examples to destroy constitutional institutions. From now on, after every government, the opposition will create anarchy like this to get rid of persons they do not want from every post. And, dignified people will be unwilling to take these vital posts.

CEC Aziz was a very good judge in his career. He was unpopular to media due to a case against Prothom-Alo and Daily Star which he ruled against them. AS A CEC he has taken few decisions which were questioned in the high court. Despite the decision went in favor of him (the main issue was whether he himself taken the sole decision to make the voter list or it was a collective decision by the commission. High court judged in favor of commission and ruled that it was a collective decision by commission), media played with the minor part of the judgement and made him more controversial. Media now portraying him as 'pagol' 'ummad' and many other thing.

I also want M A Aziz to go, beacuse if BAL do not win the election under Aziz, they will again start anarchy and more vandalism than current one. Its better that a new CEC takes the charge and so that BAL does not get that opportunity (if they win, then its fine, does not matter whether its Aziz or not).

But again, CEC is a constitutional post, now I want to ask a last question, what really M A Azziz has done so he should go? Can anyone explain??

He did not follow high court orders.Read newspapers starting from January of this year you will see tonnes of allegations. Comon every part except for BNP wants him to resign there must be a reason for that. Some BNP ministers also accused of doing things that they believed were unconstitutional. Please look it up
Old November 15, 2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

He must resign,
Old November 15, 2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz

He himself making him a laughing stock. All he did till date is wasting time but doing nothing, at least no decency to his constitutional job, respect to high court, rectify voter list etc., rather he was busy fooling around people, and wasting valuable time. His kind of people never deserve a constitutional post, any advisor of current CTG would have done Aziz job better.

On the other hand it's true, BAL is setting examples to destroy constitutional institutions, but than again this CTG system itself has full of flaws, and BNP act made it more questionable. Selecting president, selecting CEC and other commissioners, selecting chief advisor Hassan etc. all these genius politics appeared as controversies at the end.

At any point BAL anarchy is out of question, no body has right to held country and people 'hostage' for any political demand. it's purely politicians failure including BAL, BNP etc., not us.
Old November 15, 2006, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

There are many reasons for the CEC to resign among which the ones that come to mind is that he defied court orders and he watsed public money in the name of holding fair elections. Moreover one thing that I dont understand is how can a judge be so damm stubborn and idiotic that he doesnt realize that he has a life after this election. Once he steps down I dont think he will be able to go anywhere in the counttry without people pointing at him and laughing at him for his antics. He does not seem to have an iota of dignity in him at all. Here I would say justice KM Hasan did the best thing taking into account the political situation when he did not accept to take the CA post. This shows that the man has dignity. However even then we had die hard illogical BAL supporters questioning his motive to take his decision so late !!!!! How lame can you get. Here I see we have three die hard BNP followers who dont want the CEC to resign. Shows, we still have literate people among us who dont think for themselves. BUt the CEC must go and if the violence still continues after he resigns then someone really needs to send some hitmen after the BAL politicians not that their actions now is justified any way. Their abbreviation is an apt one for the party and its leader.
Old November 16, 2006, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

From what I see, the fight won't stop anyway. I voted "YES...this will help the situation", but I strongly believe that it's only temporary. Right after he resigns, and someone steps in, the same story will be repeated...more mara mari khuna khuni kata kati. And really, I don't think the situation will ever be normal if our politicians don't stop their "desh amader hathe na dile rokto jhorbe" type of attitude.
Old November 16, 2006, 03:35 AM

Most of them including me voted for YES, because is says "Yes, it can only help the issue", though the fight may go on...
Old November 16, 2006, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

though I agree with Miraz bhai, for the sake of the country he should resign. A question to BBGun I think you are teenager or brought up in the USA. Otherwise how could you believe every word of newspaper. Use your brain. Try to dissect the news.
By the way, I do not think BAL wuld stop anarchy. The nxt issue would be resignation of chief adviser if CEC resign. If you have confidence that you would win the election, it is not matter who is conducting the election. Sk Mujibor Rahaman went to election under autocratic ruler fiercly anti- Awami league Yahiya Khan. Before that in 1954, muslim league was wiped though they were conducting the poll and has root level presence. BAL is doing this, because they are not confident that would win (which probably true). So creating issues which can be use for further anarchy after election
Old November 16, 2006, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Not withstanding the fact that Aziz is BEHAYA #1, I'm afraid his resignation will make no difference in the ongoing political conflict between the two Mafia families, AL & BNP that is. They will simply find a new issue to carry on their KAIJJA. Sadly, this KAIJJA has become know as politics in Bangladesh. And us common folks have become hostage to their ego.

........one wonders if this sad little experiment in Democarcy has blown up in our faces.
Old November 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Most of them including me voted for YES, because is says "Yes, it can only help the issue", though the fight may go on...
I voted yes... but I think it will not make any difference because BAL will start an "andolon" to remove CA.

I think BAL's chance of winning this election is diminishing with their strategy of "blockade and creating anarchy". Common people are getting fed up with this, just as they were getting fed up with BNP because of corruption. The common of BD have no respite.
Old November 16, 2006, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I guess both parties are not confident about what will happen in the election and thus, fighting for every single things. Just like we can say AL should let it go if they are so confident of winning the election, we can say BNP should allow Aziz to resign. I guess at the end, it will be a very hard fought election where every vote will matter and it is very important to have a proper voter list and neutral election committe.

Again, resignation of Aziz can only help as it will surely be suicidal for AL to demand anything else after that since the general public is already going through so much suffering because of "aborod" regarding this Aziz issue.
Old November 16, 2006, 06:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

A BIG YES..he should