facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Default The Jamie Sidons Effect

Within a year of assuming the stewardship of the National team, Jamie Siddons appears to have polarized the fans like almost no one before. Mohsin Kamal did not split the fans – they universally detested him. Richard McInnes had his early off days when many could not see the utility of his new-fangled coaching ways but soon won over even his worst detractors. Of late only Alok Kapali and Rubu can compare. But that is a different show, different channel.

I came across some very interesting posts relating to JS in another thread and I believe the discussion deserves a thread of its own. I am going to extract those posts and bring them here.

Last edited by Zunaid; June 29, 2008 at 03:01 PM..
Old June 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

Sohel - I think you have too much time in your hand. Especially considering that you are a 40 year older.

And as such, especially considering that you have lived in so many places, one hopes to learn more about professionalism from you.

JS may be wrong or may be right. But what we see from many is the tendency to get overwhelmed with what appears to them all of a sudden as the "correct" interpretation.

The start is always the most difficult - and one is defined by how he/she endures that adversity. That is what professionalism is - belief in the assigned leader and excericise of application to muster techniques.

Anyway, I just wanted to lecture you (yes - you), and not get dragged into another quicksand discussion (wait till Banfan shows up).

Please grow up Surfer dude bhai.

Last edited by Pundit; June 29, 2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old June 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
Sohel - I think you have too much time in your hand. Especially considering that you are a 40 year older.

And as such, especially considering that you have lived in so many places, one hopes to learn more about professionalism from you.

JS may be wrong or may be right. But what we see from many is the tendency to get overwhelmed with what appears to them all of a sudden as the "correct" interpretation.

The start is always the most difficult - and one is defined by how he/she endures that adversity. That is what professionalism is - belief in the assigned leader and excericise of application to muster techniques.

Anyway, I just wanted to lecture you (yes - you), and not get dragged into another quicksand discussion (wait till Banfan shows up).

Please grow up Surfer dude bhai.
Thank you for enlightening a total loser like me after reading my long post as carefully as you obviously have, and don't forget to have a great life ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 29, 2008, 01:35 PM
BC Editorial Team

So my 3.7 year old is still formulating his world/life views. I try and give him the full explanation for most things but sometimes that stuff is just beyond him. E.g. he roughly understands digestive system (food goes into tummy, tummy works on it to give me energy, muscle/bone, and poopie). But trying to explain what's a balanced diet is bit much for him. So we have developed some arbitrary rules for him. He must have at least half a glass of milk/juice with every meal. He must have two pieces of meat with his rice. We find that at this stage of development it's easier to do this - easier for him to follow along as well. I'm sure once he's a little further developed he'll understand the need for hydration, fiber, carbs, etc.

Look at the the relative experience of our team, the immaturity of our cricket culture and the emerging nature of our infrastructure. Perhaps JS is just a good parent?
Old June 30, 2008, 01:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
So my 3.7 year old is still formulating his world/life views. I try and give him the full explanation for most things but sometimes that stuff is just beyond him. E.g. he roughly understands digestive system (food goes into tummy, tummy works on it to give me energy, muscle/bone, and poopie). But trying to explain what's a balanced diet is bit much for him. So we have developed some arbitrary rules for him. He must have at least half a glass of milk/juice with every meal. He must have two pieces of meat with his rice. We find that at this stage of development it's easier to do this - easier for him to follow along as well. I'm sure once he's a little further developed he'll understand the need for hydration, fiber, carbs, etc.

Look at the the relative experience of our team, the immaturity of our cricket culture and the emerging nature of our infrastructure. Perhaps JS is just a good parent?
hahaha great analogy although I wouldnt say team rules is as arbitrary as u make them sound like, although our batters are maybe just a wee bit younger than your three year old
Old June 30, 2008, 03:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ

Interesting analogy and maybe you're right. But it's a bit tough for me reconcile the image of some of our wickedly damrha batsmen with the angelic disposition of a blessed 3.7 year old ...

Now, some of our batsmen may not be the brightest frogs in the pond of ODI cricket, but they're not learning impaired little fishes either, so to speak. So, the "good parenting" needs to be adjusted accordingly IMHO.

I for one don't want Sid to get the type of heat he has been getting. Hence the constructive criticism to help him succeed. Learning and adaptation can be integral parts of meaningful and positive growth, and Sid cannot be an exception to that idea.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

top posts from from sohel and razabQ.

illustrating that this is another of tose ambigious controversies. its like the health care debate. both sides have merit. free subsidized health care for all is good because everyone gets it. its bad because quality of service necessarily drops, unless you're ultra rich. both sides have merit, both sides lack other merits.

which means, we'll just have to wait and see if Siddons' regime vindicates itself.

i had been oppossed to this "killing of competitiveness" myself, but have been saying for long, lets give siddons till New Year 2009 to judge.

it may very well be that bangladesh becomes a team which scores 250+ every third innings by that time. it certainly feels that way right now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 29, 2008, 01:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

One good innings does not make a good batsman and one fairly good match does not make anyone a good coach.

He seems to have some positive influence on batting, but still appears clueless in overall (which includes fielding, bowling and most importantly winning mentality) management/coaching of the game.
Old June 29, 2008, 01:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
One good innings does not make a good batsman and one fairly good match does not make anyone a good coach.

He seems to have some positive influence on batting, but still appears clueless in overall (which includes fielding, bowling and most importantly winning mentality) management/coaching of the game.
the inspiration and fielding "factor" from Dav whatmore seems to be missing!(hopefully, it will really show it from now on inshallah) i loved Whatmore because he is the Jim Calhoun(UCONN Basketball coach) of Cricket, he knows how to built the rght team(note: no rasel.)
Old June 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

DW was similarily uni dimensional. he was a great psychologist but not a good technician.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 29, 2008, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:

spot on, during whatmore era bowling and fielding was improved, and the confidenst level was so high, fielding was international level.. now JS era, batting is improving because of tamim, rakib, mahmudullah, and sakib...this four are consistent performers, ash is trying to be consistent, lets see what happens........bowling department is simply going down, even UAE scored 200+ runs against our bowling....fielding is also going down.............whatmorer shomoy duita deparmente shobshomoy click korchilo...tin nombor department jokhon click korsilo, tokhon amra match jitsi........JS shomoy ekhon ekta department kaj korche....r baki duita down.........cricket hoilo emon ekta game jekhane tin ta departmentei click korte hoi jetar jonno.........
Old June 30, 2008, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Can someone please relate Alex's innings with the JS 'batting rules' please?

Alex wasn't even in the team, he just joined the team at the last moment. He hardly got any real practice session with JS in comparison to others. while others tried to follow the rules, or was duelling in confusions, Alex just took it in his hand because it was question of his survival and I credit him and his heroics for the innings. Lets push all of them toward the threat of extinct; I'm sure many of them will produce gems; if that's the strategy, it's fine. Which of JS strategy is working; could we relate that?

I came across a number of dumb / Asole bosses, who are well reputed within the org for that. So the subs just do the right thing at the crucial moment violating all instruction, if things are good, the SL dumb will score all the credits and if by chance that goes wrong, will go back to his dumb instruction and fire the sub. Violating the boss and achieving the best, is never a healthy trend in any team. Run the risk of catastrophic collapse anytime and might struggle to perform as a unit in the long run.

Some similar things are happening around our team. We seem to ignore the vital mistakes of batting first, not including bowlers according to pitch condition, decline in bowling, decline in fielding, decline in motivation, losses after losses etc etc.

Have we forgotten that, this (Shommanjonok Porajoy) was just the normal transformation of the team which was expected on a regular basis after WC 07?

I am not suggesting that JS should be thrown out etc etc, neither I like to extend a blind support. One must be able to relate to the policies with the output, I still can't relate JS policies with yesterday's positives. And one positive doesn't eliminate 10 negatives. That's my opinion. (I don't expect Pundit to agree)
I agree with almost everything bar the last para. I think it is better for us to appoint who have more tactical nous to be the head coach than JS. So it is better for us to get rid of him as early as possible. JS already proved that he is good but not great batting coach. I am actually impressed about the work he has done with the young cubs (Tamim, Raquibul, Sakib); but failed with the older cubs (SN, Aftab). I am not at all impressed with the transformation with Ashfluke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
DW was similarily uni dimensional. he was a great psychologist but not a good technician.
You fail to mention that he is great strategist. Jaya - Kalu opening partnership for SL, sending Mushy and Sakib ahead of the experience Ash, HB was a masterstroke againest the India in that WC match.

Quote:

I fully concur.
Old July 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I agree with almost everything bar the last para. I think it is better for us to appoint who have more tactical nous to be the head coach than JS. So it is better for us to get rid of him as early as possible. JS already proved that he is good but not great batting coach. I am actually impressed about the work he has done with the young cubs (Tamim, Raquibul, Sakib); but failed with the older cubs (SN, Aftab). I am not at all impressed with the transformation with Ashfluke.
I agree to you, if the individual performances are not attributed solely to JS. I don't agree with people who try to credit the coach for the performances of Alex, Rakib, Mami, Tamim... He had the biggest focus on Ash and it doesn't yet look good, but I hope it may be good. Tamim was changing much before JS came in, and All the others have hardly spent time with JS. These sorts of individual understanding and maturity was expected after the WC experience.

But JS is successfully exploiting the individual performances to his credit. And many of the people are being exploited as well.

Those who compare WM with JS, must remember that the situation & level of BD cric at the point of their taking over.
Old June 30, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

double post
Old June 30, 2008, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Siddon may not be doing everything right and some cases his actions is not well understood by the fans (including myself
), but I also see some indication that tells me I can still hope for something good to happen under the leadership of siidon.

If we want, we can pick and choose plenty of issues what Siddon did, said, ignored , etc.... but overall I see some sign of something different happening .... something completely different that I haven't see under other coaches... and the result so far is mixed...but I have a feeling something good to happen that will have permanent effect in the team... something we can build for future....

For example there are few things some fans complained (they have reason to complain)...

- Not knowing much about Rafiq's capabilities and publicly exposing his lack of knowledge about Rafiq's capabilities
- Publicly saying that we may not be good enough to win against best teams
- Publicly saying that a score of 220 should be the target and good enough score
- All those Team rules
- Ignoring Rasel
- Decline of bowling overall
- Decline of fielding overall
- Some decisions after winning the toss, etc.
- try to set expectation low enough and undermining past success so that he can claim success in future.
- Promoting some new players too early and dumping them too early
- His bald head

But here are some of the reasons why I see some hope and still why I want to stick with him a little longer

- I saw some changes in Aftab before his head injury and it was JS efffect. So far Aftab went back to old, but I thing in long term Aftab will change.. otherwise he will be not be in the team.
- Sticking with Ash and trying to transform him to make him something really special. Its too early, but I see some changes in Ash that I have never seen under any past coaches. I never thought Ash is changeable the way he is showing now a days.
- Sticking with players like farhad and mahmudullah and let them flourish
- I see effect of Siddon in Tamim
- I see Rakibul is developing nicely ...specailly in both form in the game.
- I see drastic improvement in Farhad's bowling
- I see overall development in Sakib
- We have to wait and see.... but looks like under JS ..Alok may have taken u-turn and going in the right direction.
- Even he Said 220 is the target, looks like the team is moving forward and targeting toward 250+.
- He is a young and first time young coach, so I would expect him to make mistake and learn and grow as a coach. I would rather invest on young promising coach than experienced mediocre coach.
- I see some hints he has a plan and sticking with it, and instead of trying to go for hit and miss home run, he is trying to remold and rebuild a foundation from where he plan to grow the team. I am willing to see further how he progress.
- He is coaching for us 1 year, and its not enough to make some fundamental change in the team. I would rather wait for 1 more year before evaluating him.
- We the fans don't know lots of things that happens day in day out... player's attitude, whether a player is a quick learner or not, their talent level, what politics are involved with players, executives, outside force, etc
- WE also don't know detailed game plan of Siddon, we just know bits and pieces from reports and his interview.

Therefore I am willing to wait and see mode.... I can understand why some fans criticize JS... but I am not ready to start asking for JS's head yet... actually I am seeing some hope in JS and the team as long as we stick with him 1+ years... but do we have the patient to do that?

We gain something special we need to go through some pain... are we will to do that?

We need to understand the meaning of the signals. Are those real or fluke? Can we identify the difference?

These are the real questions,,,
Old June 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Siddon may not be doing everything right and some cases his actions is not well understood by the fans (including myself
), but I also see some indication that tells me I can still hope for something good to happen under the leadership of siidon.

If we want, we can pick and choose plenty of issues what Siddon did, said, ignored , etc.... but overall I see some sign of something different happening .... something completely different that I haven't see under other coaches... and the result so far is mixed...but I have a feeling something good to happen that will have permanent effect in the team... something we can build for future....

For example there are few things some fans complained (they have reason to complain)...

- Not knowing much about Rafiq's capabilities and publicly exposing his lack of knowledge about Rafiq's capabilities
- Publicly saying that a score of 220 should be the target and good enough score
- All those Team rules
- Ignoring Rasel
- try to set expectation low enough and undermining past success so that he can claim success in future.
- His bald head

But here are some of the reasons why I see some hope and still why I want to stick with him a little longer

- I saw some changes in Aftab before his head injury and it was JS efffect. So far Aftab went back to old, but I thing in long term Aftab will change.. otherwise he will be not be in the team.
- Sticking with Ash and trying to transform him to make him something really special. Its too early, but I see some changes in Ash that I have never seen under any past coaches. I never thought Ash is changeable the way he is showing now a days.
- We have to wait and see.... but looks like under JS ..Alok may have taken u-turn and going in the right direction.
- Even he Said 220 is the target, looks like the team is moving forward and targeting toward 250+.
- He is a young and first time young coach, so I would expect him to make mistake and learn and grow as a coach. I would rather invest on young promising coach than experienced mediocre coach.
- I see some hints he has a plan and sticking with it, and instead of trying to go for hit and miss home run, he is trying to remold and rebuild a foundation from where he plan to grow the team. I am willing to see further how he progress.
- He is coaching for us 1 year, and its not enough to make some fundamental change in the team. I would rather wait for 1 more year before evaluating him.
- We the fans don't know lots of things that happens day in day out... player's attitude, whether a player is a quick learner or not, their talent level, what politics are involved with players, executives, outside force, etc
- WE also don't know detailed game plan of Siddon, we just know bits and pieces from reports and his interview.

Therefore I am willing to wait and see mode.... I can understand why some fans criticize JS... but I am not ready to start asking for JS's head yet... actually I am seeing some hope in JS and the team as long as we stick with him 1+ years... but do we have the patient to do that?

We gain something special we need to go through some pain... are we will to do that?

We need to understand the meaning of the signals. Are those real or fluke? Can we identify the difference?

Brilliant in one word. I like the way you're putting things in perspectives. Enjoyed your post. Thanks a lot.

just now Ashraful showed he is back in old form getting caught trying to pull too early on a short ball. It will take time but patience is the key.

Last edited by nsd3; June 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM..
Old June 30, 2008, 10:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:

- All those Team rules
- Ignoring Rasel
- His bald head

Thank you for this post Fazal. Good read...
Old July 1, 2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
His bald head

Quote:

These are the real questions
Mamu, only EE people can answer that. I am taking the summer course ECEN 314: Signals and Systems. After I pass that course, I will be able to examine those signals and determine if they were real or fluke
Old July 1, 2008, 06:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Mamu, only EE people can answer that. I am taking the summer course ECEN 314: Signals and Systems. After I pass that course, I will be able to examine those signals and determine if they were real or fluke
Bhaigna,

Good to know that you are taking EE courses. Then lets talk in term of EE and electricity then. Bangaldesh's performance was more like(110 volt ) spicky AC current with more down than up. Siddon is trying to produce DC current. But right now its only 6 volt at best . Thats the problem.
Old June 29, 2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

First of all, thanks for this timely thread.

At the moment I prefer to remain patient and silent for the next couple of months, but my sixth sense is telling me that this Team Rule is guiding us in the right direction.

Also I believe that some people just misunderstand the Team Rule. No doubt that Jamie’s Team Rule emphasizes a lot to hold on to wicket, but at the same time it never tells our batsmen not to play shots of bad deliveries. Since our batsmen are still getting used to the Team Rule, our batsmen, especially captain Mohammad Ashraful, remain a bit tense about their wicket when they are out there in the crease, out of which they sometimes act overcautiously and end up blocking some bad deliveries. However, I sincerely believe that if Jamie’s students stick to what there Guru says, with the passage of time they will overcome this anxiety they suffer because of being cautious and things will be normal.

As for the greatest positive of Jamie effect, I would say it is the increasing stability of our top order and middle order. At least we are trying to get rid of situations like 85-5 after 33 overs. If the top order/middle order collapses, the only thing lower order can do is to survive the full quota. If the top order can build a base, even if it is done slowly, which may seem ugly to some people, the lower order gets the chance to slog.

Quote:
Oroginally Posted by Dr. Z
Within a year of assuming the stewardship of the National team, Jamie Siddons appears to have polarized the fans like almost no one before.
Dr. Z,

You couldn’t be right more. I have been following BC since 2005 (although registered later), but I have never seen BC polarized over an issue such an extent. Polarization is not bad as long as the generosity exists there. But soon after the generosity vapors, the polarization leads people towards nothing but hostility. No generosity means no tolerance and respect towards others opinion, no generosity means no concession, and no generosity means continuing to defend your opinion even if the reality and fact goes other way round. In the process you become a sort of self-proclaimed “Sob-Janta”.

A noticeable trend of BC forum is the stubbornness of some BCites, which might be attributed to the lack of generosity. And it reached supreme during the Asia Cup. Whether it is out of genuine anger and frustration towards Jamie or to justify what they have already uttered against Jamie, some in the forum wanted BD to do bad in the field. Granted that I am a bad reader and a bad interpreter of the posts (although no one can claim to be a perfect interpreter since no one knows the intention of people except for God), but this time I am not alone. Many others noticed it.

If a list of Kapali basher is made, I will top second right after Rubu bhai. Yet after Kapali scored the ton, I praised to the best way I can. National team after all is the pace for the performers.

If Guru Siddon’s Team Rule succeeds and our beloved Bangladesh become more consistent in the next few months, I will be happy and I promise not to tease anti-Siddons of the time. If it goes other way round, I will graciously admit that me perception about the team rule was wrong.

Sincerely, Bangladesh-Shardul

Post of the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunditAnd as such, especially considering that you have lived in so many places, one hopes to learn more about professionalism from you.

Old June 29, 2008, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Alex wasn't even in the team, he just joined the team at the last moment. He hardly got any real practice session with JS in comparison to others. while others tried to follow the rules, or was duelling in confusions, Alex just took it in his hand because it was question of his survival and I credit him and his heroics for the innings. Lets push all of them toward the threat of extinct; I'm sure many of them will produce gems; if that's the strategy, it's fine. Which of JS strategy is working; could we relate that?

I came across a number of dumb / Asole bosses, who are well reputed within the org for that. So the subs just do the right thing at the crucial moment violating all instruction, if things are good, the SL dumb will score all the credits and if by chance that goes wrong, will go back to his dumb instruction and fire the sub. Violating the boss and achieving the best, is never a healthy trend in any team. Run the risk of catastrophic collapse anytime and might struggle to perform as a unit in the long run.

Some similar things are happening around our team. We seem to ignore the vital mistakes of batting first, not including bowlers according to pitch condition, decline in bowling, decline in fielding, decline in motivation, losses after losses etc etc.

Have we forgotten that, this (Shommanjonok Porajoy) was just the normal transformation of the team which was expected on a regular basis after WC 07?

I am not suggesting that JS should be thrown out etc etc, neither I like to extend a blind support. One must be able to relate to the policies with the output, I still can't relate JS policies with yesterday's positives. And one positive doesn't eliminate 10 negatives. That's my opinion. (I don't expect Pundit to agree)

Last edited by BANFAN; June 29, 2008 at 02:51 PM..
Old June 29, 2008, 04:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Eh!?

Maybe the fact that your expectation is very unrealistic?

Have we forgotten that, we lost to Ireland during the world cup by 74 runs?
Lost to NZ by 9 wicket?
Lost to Srilanka by 198 runs?
Lost to Australia by 10 wickets?
Lost to WI by 99 runs?

All this Shommanjonok Porajoy, was achieved during the WC.

What gave you the expectation/impression that after the WC Shommanjonok Porajoy was the normal transformation?
Old June 29, 2008, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

One must be able to relate to the policies with the output, I still can't relate JS policies with yesterday's positives.
This might shed some light to your query: Kapali said -
"I planned my innings and followed the team rule. I knew that if I was there after 40 overs then I could play those big shots and that's why I started off playing as straight as possible and with low-risk shots"

http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=56317&cid=5
Old June 30, 2008, 12:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
This might shed some light to your query: Kapali said -
"I planned my innings and followed the team rule. I knew that if I was there after 40 overs then I could play those big shots and that's why I started off playing as straight as possible and with low-risk shots"

http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=56317&cid=5
This is exactly what I said in my previous post:

Quote:
Things did start changing for the better in 2007 and Kapali attributes that to himself.

"I identified the weaknesses in my batting myself. There were slight changes I had to make technically. Earlier I went across too much early on and that brought about my downfall often. I practiced playing with a straight bat and I made runs in the National Championship and the Dhaka Premier League this season," said Kapali.
Generally I have no disagreement on 'He might be more useful as a batting coach'. Good and intelligent players like SN, AA, Ash are still strugling for their form under JS. JS has taken some steps which will take time to have vissible improvement, we will see if JS is doing the right things. Hope he is

We shouldn't misunderstand Alex's generosity. He is much more matured now to understand that, he can't survive in the team speaking against it's rules. He is also likely to have bad days, but it's always the way you are able to play & score. That's common sense all over the cricketing world.

Last edited by BANFAN; June 30, 2008 at 01:06 AM..
Old June 30, 2008, 12:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Focus on what he did instead of what he said.

Generally I have no disagreement on 'He might be more useful as a batting coach'. Good and intelligent players like SN, AA, Ash are still strugling for their form under JS. JS has taken some steps which it will take time to improve, we will see if JS is doing the right things. Hope he is

But we shouldn't misunderstand Alex's generosity.

Quote:
Kapali, however, attributed the turn-around in his fortunes to himself. "I identified the weaknesses in my batting myself. There were slight changes I had to make technically," he said. "Earlier I went across too much early on and that brought about my downfall often. I practised playing with a straight bat and made runs in the National Championship and the Dhaka Premier League this season."
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/asia...ry/358640.html