facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Things are getting ugly. Start date of 17th is uncertain according to inqilab. Dhaka and Rajshahi teams activities are suspended by BPL governing committee.

I think most teams should be suspended for non payments. They should just look for new franchise now. And please don't limit the auction price, it's not really an auction anymore....with 150K you are not going to see any superstars anymore...

Old October 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Cricket Sage

^ if they don't limit the auction price it will get out of control like last season. Franchise owner see this as a popularity contest. They want to show off more than what they have. Why else would the buy players with so much money but not intend to pay them? Because they love to show off that they have a lot of money while its happening. But don't care about the fact that they are ruining our image when they don't follow through with their words.
Old October 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

150k might not be much compared to some other t20 leagues but for players who soley play on the t20 circuit, if they want a bit of money they should still come. i mean would they prefer working a normal job for not much money during that time or play a few games of cricket and get 100k+? i know which one i'd choose.
Old November 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

You won't get Gayle, Afridi, Kallis, or any superstars from AUS, ENG, SA, IND...
Old November 13, 2012, 11:59 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

We will see most of these WI players that are playing against us for sure.
Old November 19, 2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

It doesn't matter whether BPL is anywhere close to IPL because Bangladesh or any other country doesn't have a billion people nor does it have anywhere close the amount of investors India has. The important thing is that's its run and organised properly, helping our Cricket and players plus financially benefiting the Cricket board so that they can make Bangladesh Cricket succeed. It was so obvious that the first season of BPL was rushed which is why there was payment issues but as long as you sort that and plan properly for next season then its fine. The money may not be nowhere near IPL but I doubt players abroad will still refuse the money the BPL is offering now because that's still a lot even I would play in BPL if they were offering me that amount wouldn't you? the key factor is that at least we have a franchise base T20 tournament unlike some countries