facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 14, 2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Let's do it tigers!!!

This pic has been our lucky charm...i posted this in previous 2 matches and we WON BOTH
christian mayeta to sheirokom

Old March 14, 2011, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes, I selected England going to the finals, go figure. Had South Africa and India won the matches against England, we would be playing the SA match for practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Life is so funny. Even few days ago I wanted WI to loose all the remaining matches in wc and now I am praying for WI win against Eng.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

we will win inshallah.....feels like tamim will hit ton march of 19....and shakib will do something with the ball...go bangladesh go.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

ROAR ON Tigers!!!
Old March 14, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

South Africa crumbled against England 170 and we beat England pretty fair and square. We did beat South Africa before. They have very fe weaknesses. But they have one that is massive,,, they choke. The real threat is Ab Devilliears and Duminy,, if we can contain them with some magical butterfly spell or something called Arm ball ( that we forgot almost), we are in contention.. South Africa is the semi-finalist team and beating them isnt the easisest task but that's what World Cup is all about,,, any given day any team can 'Choke'
Old March 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

The real threats are Hasim Amla + Ab devilliers : runs maghines...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Let's do it tigers!!!

This pic has been our lucky charm...i posted this in previous 2 matches and we WON BOTH
It is happenning again......we do belive....we belive this
Old March 14, 2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

i don't want see be bd went qur final from back door.....beat s.africa...then go.
Old March 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shobai

After the recent performances I am confident about our bowling department.
But
What will be the key factor to negotiate SAF?- Steyn n Morkel? (bar our usual team idiosyncracies)
Old March 14, 2011, 02:25 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22 Yards
After the recent performances I am confident about our bowling department.
But
What will be the key factor to negotiate SAF?- Steyn n Morkel? (bar our usual team idiosyncracies)
Amla will be our biggest problem.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

South Africa is a team that has all their departments pretty much to notch. They have the number 1 and number 2 batsman ( #1-Amla, #2-De Villears), best bowlers ( #2-Steyn, #3-Morkel), best allrounder(Jaques Kalls) and as a whole they are the most strongest team Bangladesh will face on the 19th. From bowling side, our bowlers will do well in going for wicket to wicket or extreme spin but for batters,,, the players really have to go with the Aussie, SL, SAF approach of batting slow for the first 20 overs and then start to play. Even Tamim's license should be revoked so that he can also start his game after 10 overs when Morkel/Steyn is off...
Old March 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
WI don't have a motivating factor??? how about qualification for the quarterfinals, is that enough? If WI lose to both England and India, and then Bangladesh beat SA then WI will be knocked out. By giving their all and beating England they can save themselves from worry later on.

this is true, I seem to recall some team getting bowled out for 58 there
And how many players think BD can beat SA? I highly doubt the WI players will be losing sleep abt that game.

To put it simply if Eng loses that game they r out for good but WI can still go through even after losing that game.

Its a knockout game for england & after losing against BD they will come hard

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 14, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
South Africa is a team that has all their departments pretty much to notch. They have the number 1 and number 2 batsman ( #1-Amla, #2-De Villears), best bowlers ( #2-Steyn, #3-Morkel), best allrounder(Jaques Kalls) and as a whole they are the most strongest team Bangladesh will face on the 19th. From bowling side, our bowlers will do well in going for wicket to wicket or extreme spin but for batters,,, the players really have to go with the Aussie, SL, SAF approach of batting slow for the first 20 overs and then start to play. Even Tamim's license should be revoked so that he can also start his game after 10 overs when Morkel/Steyn is off...
Agree SA is packed with top class cricketer and this will be the most hardest game for BD...they need a big plan to tackle them...though we are trying our best to go through the wining instead of relying on a game...we should just think about the must win and play our best...I don't want to make comments about WI and Eng game...but as mentioned earlier for Eng it is a must win game for them...so I think they will give their 100% and will win the match whereas WI has options
Old March 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Do you guys think South Africa will be playing the revenge match like India did, beating Bangladesh in front of their home crowd for the loss in 2007 World Cup?

Batting wise the South African team is more or less the same as in 2007 (inclusion of Amla,Duminy, exclusion of Gibbs). Bowling wise it is much stronger with younger and faster bowlers like Steyn, Morkel, Tahir, Tsotsobe and Botha. The 2007 bowling of SA were hitting the retirement age.

So what is the strategy, bowl first, bat first, what we can defend and how many we can chase? What are the weakness of South Africa we should focus on? The only thing that South Africa lacks is after Botha departs, they hardly have anyone to put runs on board or chase a target.
Old March 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

This will be a completely different game than last few games that we won in WC. This will be a game like we played with Ind. Ateleast our batsmen clicked on that game. It will be a high scoring match and our bowlers will not be lucky like last game. Our missfileders will cost us the entire game and our batters will experience world class bowlings. At this point, we can all hope for the best and hope our batters won't give away their wickets and spinners will not leak too many runs and get crucial wickets when it it is needed...on skill level we are no where near to Proteas but on that day if all our players can give all their best and play their best games..something can happen...In this world cup I only see few players perform to that level but shocked to see many players still riding on contributions from other key players or combine team effort. Non performs have to contribute more.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:31 PM
Club Cricketer

We also need a West Indies vs England match thread in the Bangladesh Cricket forum, given the relevance of that match to Bangladesh's QF chances.
Old March 14, 2011, 03:31 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Edited the front page. Hope ya'll like it.

Last edited by tonoy; March 14, 2011 at 03:36 PM..
Old March 14, 2011, 03:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
And how many players think BD can beat SA? I highly doubt the WI players will be losing sleep abt that game.

To put it simply if Eng loses that game they r out for good but WI can still go through even after losing that game.

Its a knockout game for England & after losing against BD they will come hard

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
So you think the WI players wouldn't be that bothered losing to Eng, as they can easily beat India, and if they don't beat India, no problem as Bangladesh have no chance against SA, who possibly might already be through and so might rest a few key players?

I know the WI have a stereotype of being chilled out but i think they might prefer to beat England first and then relax, rather than relax first then lose to England, hope to beat India, and if that fails then hope Bangladesh don't beat a weakened SA side
Old March 14, 2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

Amla will love Mirpur, He does well in subcontinent pitches.
Old March 14, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cricket Sage

I think WI will take revenge for stone throwing in their bus and will lose to England.

So we better win against SA, if we want to go to the next level.
Old March 14, 2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navarene
Keeping in mind that its a day match, here is my pick against the Proties (as per the batting order):

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Zunaid (wk, yes he will be behind the wicket)
4. Shahriar
5. Ashraful (now stop cursing me guys!)
6. Shakib
7. Mahmudullah
8. Nayeem
9. Shafiul
10. Razzaq
11. Rubel
12th man: Shuvo

BTW, I am going to stadium to watch the party and snatch the win...নাই নাই ভয়, হবেই হবে জয় !!!
can junaid keep? i didnt know that
Old March 14, 2011, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

I'm looking forward to see the South African Hujur bat against our deshi Hujur.

Old March 14, 2011, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

South Africa lost to England against quality bowling of Bresnan and Broad. We do not have their equivalent in our team yet.

Rubel might be expensive against South Africa, since his line has not been that sharp, most of the yorkers are sliding down the leg side. May be we should have tried Nazmul today. I do not like experiment or changing player combination every other match but I will not be surprised if we even go without Rubel and have all spinners against South Africa.
Old March 14, 2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
I'm looking forward to see the South African Hujur bat against our deshi Hujur.

maybe Dabur Amla will goo easy on us
Old March 14, 2011, 05:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
A few things. If SA wins against Ireland, they will be on a more relaxing mode because they will be already thru. Secondly, the pitch that they played against India suits them, and not going to be the pitch at Dhaka. Not to mention, we'll have the army of SLA's to suit the pitch that India did not have. So, if we play at the best of our potential, we can challenge them regardless of their level of play.

Tamim and Shakib needs to fire and we'll have a game on our hand. It SHOULD not be a walk in the park for SA.
yes YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!

Bismillah