facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 5, 2013, 08:40 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
... at any rate a passenger can bring no more than 10,000 dollar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
...carrying $5K/10K on every trip out (as funny as it may sound). ...
Sorry for bumping old topic, it looks like information related this is very hard to find.

I need to know how much money a US permanent resident can carry out at a time. I see many of you said $10k limit but i can't find any official reference supporting that amount.
only thing i find is this...(look at section 6)
Quote:
... the entire amount brought in with declaration, or up to US$ 3,000 brought in without declaration may be freely taken out at the at the time of departure...
so it looks like unless you brought the money in with you at the time entering Bangladesh, you can only take $3k.

not $10k not even $5k!

please let me know if anyone has any other reference.

by the way, its been a while this topic was opened... anybody found any other dependable way of sending money? legal or illegal? you see for me the problem with hundi is not the legality, but to trust someone with money without proper documentation.... which i'm not willing to do.

Old September 5, 2013, 09:27 PM

Jay, every country follows the $10,000 limit as it is considered by customs that passengers carrying more than that amount are laundering money. You can carry up to $10,000 and no questions will be asked about it. But If you do carry more than $10,000 you will have to declare it and provide an explanation if asked about the legitimacy of the source of the money. Otherwise it will be confiscated if customs anywhere catches you.

About Bangladesh, yes you can enter with $10,000 no problems, but legally Bangladesh Bank has rules in place that restricts regular passengers from taking out $3500 at a time, and I think BEPZA/ BoI registered foreign investors are allowed to leave with up to $6500.

Non-BD passport holders are not allowed to leave BD with more than 500 Takas with them.
Old September 5, 2013, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

Non-BD passport holders are not allowed to leave BD with more than 500 Takas with them.
really... well no body told me anything when i had bunch of 500 taka notes coming back to us from bd in 2000. only the guy in counter asked for bokshsish, i said for what and thats it.... however i know years later they did try to take all the takas my brother had with him telling him he is not allowed to take money out of the country...

so i guess its true..but those ppl in the counter are corrupt and will likely use this to keep all the takas for them, so better to give money to relative before boarding or spend it...
Old September 5, 2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
so i guess its true..but those ppl in the counter are corrupt and will likely use this to keep all the takas for them, so better to give money to relative before boarding or spend it...
Was about to happen to me last September when I flew out of Dhaka.... I'd given my dad my wad of cash taka before I went through security.... some airport intel officer saw this and came up, told my dad to be careful with the money when going back out of the airport.

When I was going into the gate, 3 security morons stopped me and went through my wallets looking for Takas. They asked about my dollars, told them I had 3500, then they asked again for Takas and were very disappointed. Again, by law when they take your Takas, you're supposed to get a receipt from NBR that shows that your money has been collected by GoB, and when you return to BD, you're supposed to be able to claim back your surrendered Taka using the receipt. This rarely happens, the f*ckers just pocket the cash, and if you ask for a receipt they'll probably harass you and give you lame excuses about not having any receipt book/paper!
Old September 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Thanks ammark.

Ya, I am not talking about $10k can carry in limit. I'm asking about carry out limit. do you have any reference link stating $3500 limit? also does this $3500 should be endorse on the passport? or you can just carry out cash dollar bill without any declaration?
Old September 10, 2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_00
Thanks ammark.

Ya, I am not talking about $10k can carry in limit. I'm asking about carry out limit. do you have any reference link stating $3500 limit? also does this $3500 should be endorse on the passport? or you can just carry out cash dollar bill without any declaration?
If you're travelling on a Bangladeshi passport, then yes it needs to be endorsed, otherwise the officials tend to give you crap on their power trips. I'm not certain if the limit is 3500 or 3000$ as your link is a legit source saying $3000. However I got away with $3500 but I was on a foreign passport.

In Dhaka airport, before you pass through security there was a yellow notice board with black lettering that stated the carry out limits for passengers and businessmen from what I remember.
Old September 10, 2013, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

guys/ammar why cant you deposit money in a foreign bank operating in bd and withdraw in us atm? or western union, how is that not possible.... or anotherway you can do is buy bitcoin in bd and cashout in us....lol....if that makes any sense (i dont know how bitcoin is purchased)....

miya 3500 usd carry koro keno? mugged hoiba to...
Old December 9, 2013, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
If you're travelling on a Bangladeshi passport, then yes it needs to be endorsed, otherwise the officials tend to give you crap on their power trips. I'm not certain if the limit is 3500 or 3000$ as your link is a legit source saying $3000. However I got away with $3500 but I was on a foreign passport.

In Dhaka airport, before you pass through security there was a yellow notice board with black lettering that stated the carry out limits for passengers and businessmen from what I remember.
Sorry to repeat the question, but my mom thinks I can legally take out the money from Bangladesh now, because apparently the Bangladesh government has changed the law. I know that there was a $5000 when I flew in to Bangladesh, so presumably would be the same. My mom thinks transferring money (talking $50,000-$100,000) will not be a problem. Is that true? I am not keen to keep returning to Bangladesh to carry $5000 at a time. That will be a loss of 20% of money in flights, not to mention impractical. Can I just legally wire it out? I am happy to pay any reasonable tax. Surely the government cannot be that illogical. I am surely contributing to the economy by investing.
Old December 9, 2013, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Wait - are you planning to bring money in to BD? The restriction is for outflow - depleting foreign currency reserves. I can't confirm for site, wiring large sums to BD accounts should not be an issue.
Old December 9, 2013, 01:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Sorry, wanted to take money out of the country, in future. I am a dual citizen, in case it is relevant. Hope that makes it clear Zunaid bhai.
Thanks.

P.S: With an ecomony as substantial as Bangladesh's, surely it should be ok for $50-100,000 to flow out of the country with some form of notice?
Old December 9, 2013, 04:59 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
I am surely contributing to the economy by investing.
what did you mean by this? If you are taking money out you are not investing in bd economy but elsewhere.

The law is there to prevent hyper corrupt people so that they cannot take their black money and keep in places like singapore, switzerland etc. The unfortunate thing is those crooks are still able to bypass the law and take millions out easily and the suffers are the common people making an honest living trying to pay off tuition, medical bills, property loans, family support etc.
Old December 9, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

For those who wants to skip the whole thread and just get the tout court (t/c) out of it: NO!

Short answer is no!
NO NO NO NO...you cannot send money from bd to us of a

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 9, 2013, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Well, he wasn't asking about the us of a.
Old December 9, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cricket Savant

I wasn't replying him.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 11, 2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Sorry, wanted to take money out of the country, in future. I am a dual citizen, in case it is relevant. Hope that makes it clear Zunaid bhai.
Thanks.
It's irrelevant.

Quote:
P.S: With an ecomony as substantial as Bangladesh's, surely it should be ok for $50-100,000 to flow out of the country with some form of notice?
Lol, that's between 40 and 80 lakhs taka you're taking out from BD! Anyways, if your mom knows that rules have been changed then just go to a bank and ask them if they'll do it for you. Let us know what paperwork and what conditions they require for sending out the money though.
Old December 11, 2013, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Bitcoin rocks !!!!
Old January 8, 2016, 08:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Hi Everyone,

I have just started a business that allows anyone to send money anywhere very cheaply by leveraging the bitcoin network. Give us a try and let me know your thoughts!

http://blockflow.io/
Old April 17, 2018, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Sorry to bump an old thread, I need to transfer £125,000 from BD to UK.

Carry out process will take a lifetime!
"
foreign exchange (taken out from Bangladesh) in the form of cash must not exceed US$ 5,000 per person per trip. (Ref. FE Circular No. 17 of 06/04/2014 and FE Circular No. 02 of 11/02/2015 "
Old April 17, 2018, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Shingara bhaiya,
I can connect you to some Hoondi foreign currency dealers (relatives of mine) from OLd Dhaka, they will keep a cut as commission, I am not exactly sure about the percentage.

Someone from your side will pay in BD currency (taka) in Dhaka and your account in Britain will receive currency in euros or British pounds from NYC, Berlin or Dubai (either from a single source or multiple sources, multiple countries).
Old April 18, 2018, 02:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Shingara Bhaiya,

Just look at BK bhai's picture? Looks like Saddam from grave. Can you trust him and his info?
Just let me know, from where to collect and where to deliver. I will hand deliver it free if you buy me the ticket.
Old April 20, 2018, 05:15 PM

^^^ Aar kisu baki roilo na!
Old April 20, 2018, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Give it to me, I'll send it to BD for you.
Old April 20, 2018, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

This reminds of that scene from Wolf of Wall street.
Old April 21, 2018, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

This brings back memories, had a uncle who did hundi business, I remember, I designed the website for him, fixed his computers so many times, set up his emails, fixed his phone multitude of times, all free of charge back when I was 15-16. Good times.
Old April 21, 2018, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

So, 5 years after this thread was opened, there is still no better way to transfer money from BD?
Bitcoins, perhaps ? Anyone ?