facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 1, 2013, 01:45 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default India tour probable

Quote:
* Full-fledged India tour likely this year
* Pakistan tour currently not on the agenda
* BCB president urges BPL franchises to comply with February 5 deadline
Quote:
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan Papon said on Friday that he is hopeful that the Tigers will visit India for a maiden full-fledged tour this year.

Following discussions with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president N Srinivasan on the sidelines of the recent ICC first board meeting in Dubai, Papon said that the BCCI chief assured him that he will seriously try to host Bangladesh for a full series by the end of this year.

“I'm now focusing on how we can tour India this year. I'm very much hopeful because the BCCI president assured me that he will seriously try to host Bangladesh for a full-fledged series by end of this year,” Papon, who returned home after attending his first ICC board meeting two days back, told the reporters at the MA Aziz Stadium.
Quote:
Bangladesh played their inaugural Test against India in November 2000 in Dhaka but they have never been on a full tour of India since their Test status in 2000.

It should be noted that former BCB president Mustafa Kamal also said in June last year that he had received a positive response from N Srinivasan about Bangladesh's tour to India by the end of 2012 but that did not materialise.
Quote:
We are yet to take any decision about our players' participation in the PSL (Pakistan Super League) but as I said we have to hundred percent satisfied with the security,” said Papon, adding that they were in no way on the back-foot despite PCB's refusal to give their players NOCs for participating in the ongoing Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).

“Actually the Pakistan tour is not in our mind at this moment because we have the Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe tour in the line and we want to try our best so that we can make sure that Bangladesh will visit India for a full series by the end of this year,” said Papon.
Quote:
The BCB boss was also not worried with the non-payment issue in the ongoing second edition of BPL and he was hopeful that everything will be solved by February 5, their latest deadline for the franchises to solve all the financial issues.

“In the ICC meeting everybody highly praised the BPL. And it's nice that the tournament is going great and the fans have also started to come. I know there is talk about the non-payment issue and one of our local players also talked about the issue but what I want to say is that everybody should talk with the BCB before making any comments. Owais Shah admitted his mistake after he had provided the wrong account number.

“We made all the payments from last year and I can assure everybody that they will get their money this season also. We have the latest deadline till February 5 and the franchises will make a big mistake if they don't clear their dues. They (franchises) will suffer heavily for broken promises this time,” warned Papon.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=267535

Old February 1, 2013, 01:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
It should be noted that former BCB president Mustafa Kamal also said in June last year that he had received a positive response from N Srinivasan about Bangladesh's tour to India by the end of 2012 but that did not materialise.
reverse_swing bhai you missed this part.
Old February 1, 2013, 02:01 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
reverse_swing bhai you missed this part.
Thanks Mohammed bhai. Added this...

Old February 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:
Bangladesh has dropped the idea of touring Pakistan in the near future and the message was conveyed to the International Cricket Council, Bangladesh Cricket Board president, Nazmul Hasan, told reporters on Friday.
Nazmul attended his first ICC board meeting in Dubai last week where his Pakistani counterpart Zaka Ashraf first raised the issue as Bangladesh had made an unconditional commitment earlier in this regard.
Nazmul said he successfully defended the BCB’s decision and convinced the other board members that Bangladesh had some valid reasons for putting the tour on hold.
‘After my explanation I think all the board directors present at the meeting understood the reasons, as far as touring Pakistan is concerned,’ Nazmul told reporters.
‘When I pointed out the anxiety of our people and the government after some recent incidents, nobody raised any further question though the floor was open for all to do so.
‘As no one questioned, I can assume that they have accepted it,’ said Nazmul, adding that even the representative of the PCB did not have a chance to press the issue further.
‘He [PCB president Zaka Ashraf] rather praised me. His only complaint was that I said Pakistan is not a safe country for travelling,’ said Nazmul.
Quote:
One of the key issues discussed at the meeting was the domestic Twenty20 tournament of the ICC member nations, which provided Nazmul an opportunity to draw attention of others to the BPL issue.
But the BCB president said he did not raise the issue of Pakistan’s decision of withdrawing their players at the eleventh hour as Bangladesh itself was on the back-foot at the ICC meeting.
‘We were on the back-foot as we had made a commitment to tour the country but after they decided not to release their
players for the BPL, I dropped the idea,’ said Nazmul.
Quote:
The BCB president said his intention was rather to convince India about giving Bangladesh a tour this year and claimed that he was able to make his point to his Indian counterpart N Srinivasan.
‘I met him personally on the sidelines of the ICC meeting and he assured me that he will look into this matter,’ said Nazmul. ‘I asked him if I can tell it to our media and he nodded positively. So I got an impression that he
was sincere about his promise.’
‘I am not going to say we will make this tour at a particular period. All I can say is that India has made a promise,’ said Namzul when his attention was drawn to a similar promise made by the country in the past.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=...8#.UQwR0Jt8do0

Old February 1, 2013, 02:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I'd settle for a 1 Test, 3 ODI tour to be completed in 2 weeks.

But we've heard Lotus talk big, lets see what happens. BCCI doesn't not have any room in their schedule, so expectations should be kept to a bear minimum.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2013, 02:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'd settle for a 1 Test, 3 ODI tour to be completed in 2 weeks.

But we've heard Lotus talk big, lets see what happens. BCCI doesn't not have any room in their schedule, so expectations should be kept to a bear minimum.
Adding Eden Garden as the venue for 1 Test 1 ODI will keep BCCI happy financially. And play the other matches some where else.
Old February 1, 2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

How can Sri Lanka and New Zealand when they tour India make more revenue than Bangladesh? their populations and interest in Cricket is nowhere near us. Someone enlighten me.
Old February 1, 2013, 03:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

I'll start supporting CSK, if I see this happening in reality. So Good luck for this long waiting series.
Old February 1, 2013, 03:35 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Seeing is believing.
Old February 1, 2013, 03:51 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:

 পিএসএলে (পাকিস্তান সুপার লিগ) বাংলাদেশি ক্রিকেটারদের খেলার অনুমতি দেওয়া হবে?
নাজমুল: ভাবনার বিষয় হচ্ছে, কোনো খেলোয়াড় যদি নিজে ঝুঁকি নিয়ে ওখানে খেলতে যেতে চায়, তাহলে বিসিবি ছাড়পত্র দেবে কি না। আমার একার পক্ষে এই ব্যাপারটা বলা কঠিন। বোর্ড সভায় সিদ্ধান্ত নিতে হবে। পত্রিকায় দেখলাম...ভারতে পাকিস্তানের রাষ্টদূত নিজেই বলছেন যে এই মুহূর্তে ওখানে নিরাপদ না। এমনকি পিএসএল করাও ঠিক না।
Read More>>

Old February 1, 2013, 04:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

good news but nothing corfirmed.
anyway I'd ask for three Odis,two tests,one teatwenty and three/four IPL matches.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old February 1, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cricket Legend

not gonna happen... India has a busy schedule and a series against BD does not generate much interest in India... that cricket board is all about Money..and frankly speaking BD cricket team does not generate much interest for the cricket loving indians hence not comercially viable....
Old February 1, 2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

3 ODI @ Kolkatta that should be enough.
Old February 1, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

BD will tour IND? Right, and Sheikh Hasina is the Queen of England.
Old February 1, 2013, 04:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

And GE is sending their executive leadership to learn professionalism from BCB
Old February 1, 2013, 07:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
How can Sri Lanka and New Zealand when they tour India make more revenue than Bangladesh? their populations and interest in Cricket is nowhere near us. Someone enlighten me.
Its about marketing, or rather I should say, marketability.

Public perception is that SL and NZ are more exciting teams to watch, thus the sponsors will be willing to pump money into the BCCI for the rights to a series. For the same reason, corporations will be willing to pay the broadcasters big bucks for air time. If the broadcaster makes big bucks by selling air time, they can afford to pay big bucks to the BCCI to broadcast the matches.

Its for this reason that no matter the absolute or relative strength of a side, teams like SL and NZ will always be far lower on the pecking order than AUS, ENG, PAK.

Fortunately, we have the potential to become a Pakistan rather than a Sri Lanka since our demographics and economy and tangibles are nearly identical to Pakistan's.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 1, 2013, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
And GE is sending their executive leadership to learn professionalism from BCB
And I'm feeling something unsettled near my back end. Perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt. Or Jack Welch's.
Old February 1, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Hobe na bhai, hobe na !!! Meeting kore eshe kichu ashar bani shunate hobe dekhe bole gelen. India chinta kore dekhbe, bhebe dekhbe...eshob shune ar mone bhore na !! Jotokkhon na porjonto Ind tour announce korteche totokkhon ei tour er kono guarantee nai !!!
Old February 1, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Who cares...but it's a good time to play India.

I won't still expect anything from such talk....it's never sure with India until the match day...
Old February 1, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
3 ODI @ Kolkatta that should be enough.
You seem to be quiet frustrated bhai, that BD is more interested to go to Ind instead of Pak...
Old February 1, 2013, 09:09 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN

I won't still expect anything from such talk....it's never sure with India until the match day...
Exactly. We never take lessons from history. Do we? We heard about this promise many many times times before. And here we are talking about how many games we should play. Amra pario
Old February 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

If we are to tour India then it should be like the ODI series that pakistan played recently. We have to understand that india's schedule is packed in the FTP and asking for a longer series will make it impossible for BCCI to find the space between the existing series
Old February 1, 2013, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah riiiiiiiight. Definitely gonna happen.
Old February 1, 2013, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

BCB president in nothing but a politician.....it's just one of those empty promises that I don't care for.

BD's improvement plan does not necessarily have to include an India tour. In fact, playing NZ in NZ is a better cricketing lesson for our batsmen than playing same old flat track of India.

Last edited by betaar; February 2, 2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old February 2, 2013, 08:11 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I doubt if it will happen. However, we perhaps go and play only 5 ODI's. The matches will be competitive and should get more interest in India. It is our best format.