facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2004, 12:51 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default BD playing Test cricket is a joke - CricketNext

There they go again. In an article, Tapan Joshi wrote:

"Ganguly’s first Test win came against Bangladesh and we won’t dwell into that match as Bangladesh playing Test cricket is a joke."

You Know Who’s Ganguly’s Magic Wand?

Old April 18, 2004, 01:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

BD actually put up a good fight on the inaugural test until the last day. Indians will be the last people to recognize anything positive about BD cricket, especially a Bengali or a Hindi speaking Indian. Maybe a 140 million people cannot produce a replacement for Mashrafee but it's only a matter of time before we find one; you can go to through a billion Indians and you are not going to find a bowler with M's caliber, not even Irfan Pathan, and they have been playing professional cricket for God knows how long. Brace yourselves BD fans - the day isn't far that we are going to kick their a**es.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Flip Master Mick]
Old April 18, 2004, 01:20 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Both Indians and Pakistanis are making jokes of Bangladesh.

I've seen Indians making same kind of fun of Sri Lanka, even after Sri Lanka beat India during the '96 world cup in the semi-final.

So I'm not gonna bother too much about it.
Old April 18, 2004, 03:05 AM
Banned

Good one flip. India's "pace force" is a farce! Our highest score is actually against India's pathetic bowling attack, come to think of it. These kissasses will always kiss up to their english lord masters, and will bash their neighbors.
Old April 18, 2004, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

I have to agree with you lot there. Im getting sick of the criticisim against BD. At least we have our under 19s to look forward to.
Another thing, the other a commentaotr, when pkistan were playign india, "Remember this is the side that struggled to beat Bangaladesh recently". So the pakistanis criticsing us, especially Aamer SOhail, really cheeses me off.
Old April 18, 2004, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Unnecessary innuendos

Well, I have duly submitted my comments to the writer. That is, comments about his article.
.. and I will not dwell on it here but I can safely say that I have a dim view of Indian journalism. It used to be good but that standard has dropped sharply. I only bother to read a few HT articles, which are better than these.
Old April 18, 2004, 06:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wel its actually 'Schizophrenia' (a mental disease actually, that makes everyone else around appear to be dumb) this reporter is suffering from-provoked by India's recent better performance after looooooooooooooong looooooooooooooooong time!
I hav seen many Indian reporters as well commentrators suffering from it even after a their team has a good session sometims!

POOR INDIANS!

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old April 18, 2004, 06:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Silly sods!
Old April 18, 2004, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Yet another added to my "To Kill" list
Old April 18, 2004, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Default They gat no other sporting ability beside cricket!

[quote]Originally posted by Flip Master Mick
BD actually put up a good fight on the inaugural test until the last day. Indians will be the last people to recognize anything positive about BD cricket, especially a Bengali or a Hindi speaking Indian. Maybe a 140 million people cannot produce a replacement for Mashrafee but it's only a matter of time before we find one; you can go to through a billion Indians and you are not going to find a bowler with M's caliber, not even Irfan Pathan, and they have been playing professional cricket for God knows how long. Brace yourselves BD fans - the day isn't far that we are going to kick their a**es.

I have one more thing to add to your comment. You can go through billion Indians, but you probably won't find a single Olympic gold medalist material among their citizen, so that tells their sporting ability.
Old April 18, 2004, 10:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Ganguly,being a bengali, never even had the intention to help other part of Bangla rather giving this comment. Oneday, if we keep our act together and work hard like this, we will show him that we can also play.

Tapan, the journalist of the cricketnext, bashed our team so bad and put our team down by writing deregatory comments. We need a counter writer who can write columns to defend and also to answere his critiques. Please respond to this guy if you think you have the ability. I can't sit idel anymore ..plz help our cricket and nation by answering this critique(Tapan Joshi of cricketnext)

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by BangladeshCricket]

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by BangladeshCricket]
Old April 18, 2004, 01:24 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Don't worry people, Bangladesh team will show 'em someday. We only need to be patient.
Old April 18, 2004, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default indians

all the insults should just feed the bengalis. ourboys led by rajin and ash and company will simple get stronger from this racist [].

who cares about the indians' opinions? []they can't rationally recognize truth and reality. if we were as strong as the aussies they still would consider us inferior.

all respect to their cricket team however.

[Edited on 4-18-2004 by chinaman : Moderation.]
Old April 18, 2004, 02:08 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Take a quick look at India before 2001/2002. They had only two recognized world class bowlers in Srinath and Kumble and their batting (even though Dravid and Gangs was around) ralied mostly on one Sachin Tendulkar. Imagine what would have happened to them if they did not have Tendulkar .... So, it's really sad when some of their so called sports writers get a kick out of putting BD (barely 3 years in the test circuit and has their best score of 400+ against INDIA) down quite unnecessarilly.

Was their any reason to mention Bangladesh in that cheap article of his ? Any at all ? It's really pathetic. I've noticed a trend among some of their 'writers', they like to kick you in the groin when you are down. Uthe darale neri kuttar moto meu meu kore doure palai. Can someone please translate that for everyone ???
Old April 18, 2004, 02:59 PM
Banned

Sri Lanka, with a much shorter cricket history, regularly kicks the Indians around all over the place. We've just begun, 3 years, vs a half century of long, pathetic, mediocre cricket.

Tapan, however, has a history of poking fun at lesser opponents of India. This is the same guy that puts all kinds of negative stuff about Kenyan cricket. This specialty must have it's reason in some personal shortcomings. No objectivity, low self-esteem.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by billah]
Old April 18, 2004, 04:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
BD playing Test cricket is a joke- Tapan Joshi
Hate the joker not, the bad joke. Rahul Gandhi better win that seat from Amethi and go on to lead the Congress party to recapture power from the religious fundamentalist BJP party. This fundamentalist chauvanism exhibeted in New Delhi is catching on even among second-rate 'journalists' who are taking cheap pot-shots at everyone who are different from them. I will readily endure their indifference (not including BD on a points table for test cricket) but, not their arrogance and misplaced superiority complex ( calling the first test- THE VERY F-I-R-S-T test, of nation: a joke).
Old April 18, 2004, 11:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

India started to play test at 1932 and had their first win at 1952. It took them only =======20======== years to get their first win. now anyone bet on it that bd will win within half of that time frame? before 2010? not to mention that we would already had a win if rasid latif did not cheat. does any other comment really necessary?
Old April 19, 2004, 03:26 AM
Cricket Legend

u sure about that... I thought India won their 2nd test match... which was against Pakistan...
Old April 19, 2004, 03:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
u sure about that... I thought India won their 2nd test match... which was against Pakistan...
Agent Smith is right. Pakistan won their second test match, which was against India
Old April 19, 2004, 03:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default I sure hope the indian fans n reporters find and read this site!

Old April 19, 2004, 06:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Jokes

India after 50 years
Won against Pakistan
Made individual score 300+
After 11 years
Won series abroad
What else
Old April 19, 2004, 10:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

I was thinking of beginning this thread yesterday, but then better sense prevailed and I waited till my head cooled off a bit. I agree with most of the comments by the members here, but particularly like the one made by Tehsin. Why did the writer have to make that comment on Bangladesh cricket while describing India’s victories? It was very cheap and shoddy and above all irrelevant. I read cricketnext.com every day. It seems their recent victories is going to their head. There is no question that India are playing well, but what does that have to do with how good or bad Bangladesh are in test cricket. I won’t say that we can beat them now, but surely it would be the most befitting response if it happened soon. That day may not be too far away.

I have been following cricket for a long time. And if some of you do not know, they were the most boring and defensive bunch of cricketers around, probably next to the English cricketers, until the 70s and 80s. I am not here to bash the Indian cricketers or their cricket, but some of their cricket writers are really writing rubbish. One way to address this is to really write a good rebuttal. There are many good writers here and it makes sense that the response be based on facts and not emotion. The other way of course is to ignore it. Writing angry letters with abuses will deflect the issue.

Remember how they had the picture of Tikolo and the captain of the 9 other test teams but not the picture of our captain at the time of the last World cup. They are out on a mission to undermine our efforts. I have not seen any positive writing when we do well.

This is the part that bothers me the most:

The Government of Bangladesh conferred a special honour on Cricketnext.com by bringing out a Postal Stamp highlighting the website's role in development of cricket in that country.

What a hypocritical site!!!
Old April 19, 2004, 10:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Cricket46, I know what you are talking about! This site was made by some bunch of jokers who hardly have any standings among their peers! They tried in vain to attract attentions by writing about rubbish Tendulkar-Ganguly conflict and many other non-issues. During the recent ind-Pak series after every match they were suggesting chopping and changing; and whenever they were routing for the exclusion of a player, the very next day that guy became match winner! This gives an idea about their cricket acumen! Their Bangladesh bashing is only part of this attention seeking caricature.

Have you gone to their discussion site? A vist to that will make you understand the quality of their reports! I think not many indians give a damn about this site!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Optimist]

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Optimist]
Old April 19, 2004, 10:34 AM
ODI Cricketer

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/odirank.htm

people... please have a look at this. let me know if you can locate bangladesh on this page. we have to be aware of the fact that the indian media's motive for a while has been to undermine bd as much as possible, whether be it in cricket, our culture, independence, our achievements since 71, the existence of radicalism in our society, etc., etc., etc. and it may not just be limited to indian media; the apathy toward us reaches out to indians working in foreigh media as well. for instance... cricket info, time, bbc, far eastern economic review.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Flip Master Mick]
Old April 19, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

no, what happen to bangladesh?
ok ,i see what's going on.

Copyright © 2003 rediff.com India Limited. All Rights Reserved

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by rassel]