facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 20, 2017, 08:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

What is your recommendation of a good tablet for a 6th grader?

Old March 20, 2017, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

I have the MacBook Pro and I like it. It all depends on what you're gonna be using it for. Mine I use just for school and it works great. Pretty light and easy to carry around for me. Retina display is a plus. I recommend.

If you intend to do intense gaming or streaming however then I suggest looking at other options.
Old March 20, 2017, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
What is your recommendation of a good tablet for a 6th grader?
Cricket bat/Tennis Racket and tennis balls; Basketball and net.

Tablet will takeout the eyes, get hooked on electronics like no tomorrow, would learn multi tasking which is super bad because their attention span goes away. Will start communicating with lol, kdpp, hhs etc.
Old March 20, 2017, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Cricket bat/Tennis Racket and tennis balls; Basketball and net.

Tablet will takeout the eyes, get hooked on electronics like no tomorrow, would learn multi tasking which is super bad because their attention span goes away. Will start communicating with lol, kdpp, hhs etc.

This is a very sensitive thing.. the kid needs a laptop because maybe he needs to work on the go.. or need to show his work to others... maybe he is quite efficient in using it and can reap more out of it if he gets to work with it all the time.. but maybe he also needs to look cool in front of others or needs to be in the same frequency with others.. he is not getting time from his family and friends and need sth to get along...

If the necessity is really a need then any basic laptop is OK and if he is smart enough he will be able to upgrade it with time.. if it is the other way.. I don`t know the answer how to face the consumerism.. it is not the fault of the kid it is all around us...
Old March 20, 2017, 10:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I had a really bad experience with HP. but that was like 6/7 years ago when i was in college so it may have improved since then.

For simple Browsing, I love the Chromebook. but If you want more than just browsing, then MacBook pro is ideal for development work or Lenovo would do. an Ideal laptop really depends on how much you use it, cause for me most Windows laptop I buy doesn't last me more than 2 years and I am a very heavy user. Never really owned a surface so can't speak much about it.

Best thing to do is to build your own laptop from scratch with buying parts online. you can get a much faster processor for a fraction of the price.
Old March 21, 2017, 01:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir,Brendan Taylor,TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I had a really bad experience with HP. but that was like 6/7 years ago when i was in college so it may have improved since then.

For simple Browsing, I love the Chromebook. but If you want more than just browsing, then MacBook pro is ideal for development work or Lenovo would do. an Ideal laptop really depends on how much you use it, cause for me most Windows laptop I buy doesn't last me more than 2 years and I am a very heavy user. Never really owned a surface so can't speak much about it.

Best thing to do is to build your own laptop from scratch with buying parts online. you can get a much faster processor for a fraction of the price.
He wants a laptop, not a desktop. Anyway building a laptop takes alot of technical know how, since it isn`t as easy, the mobo has alot of weird configurations and the CPU is usually soldered on and then thermal paste is applied onto it.....Yes he can buy a custom built laptop if thats what you mean, but even I would shy away from building a laptop from scratch
Old March 24, 2017, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@Tonoy: I use a Lenovo yoga 13" ultrabook with core i7 processor and i love it.
There is even a newer version to mine which i bought 1.5 yrs ago.

This laptop is amazing. I checked out at least 10 different ones and this is the one I liked most. Couple of months ago I even had it for a week. It has only one issue - the right shift key is a bit too far to the right and it annoys me. I don't know how long it takes to get used to it and I was in no rush to upgrade so I returned it. Being a windows user I preferred Lenovo yoga to Macbook Pro.
Old March 25, 2017, 12:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sabbir,Brendan Taylor,TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
This laptop is amazing. I checked out at least 10 different ones and this is the one I liked most. Couple of months ago I even had it for a week. It has only one issue - the right shift key is a bit too far to the right and it annoys me. I don't know how long it takes to get used to it and I was in no rush to upgrade so I returned it. Being a windows user I preferred Lenovo yoga to Macbook Pro.
These Lenovo`s/surfaces are all for kids, why do you think graphics devs,hardware analysts all prefer purchasing a full time laptop, buy something from ASUS/Gigabyte, if you want power and portability...
If you want to show off, go for a lenovo/surface/any convertible/macbook