facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I do not care whether there is ban or not. I do not want any of those specially these loud mouths Dhiman (yes he is better WK than Mushy), SN, Kopali. The only one I would reluctantly accept is Aftab.

Old November 26, 2008, 10:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
BCCI has caused so much bitterness that when then finally fall, it will be a resounding one.

Not sure whether the current economic crisis will have any impact on IPL. The shares of DLF (the title sponsor who paid 140 million for it) was Rs. 1200 in Jan 2007 and 700 in April 2007. It is now trading at 190. Most sponsors have got affected. Vijay Mallya of Bangalore Royal Challengers was a billionaire. A report yesterday says that he is now worth only 390 million.

ZEE ENTERTAINMENT: NOW: 114, JAN 2007: 327
DISH TV : NOW: 14, APR 2007: 106

cheers :-)
Old November 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Within a year or two down the line, BCCI would have to lift the ban on ICL.

They can be all that big they are, but still, only ONE body.

The rest of the world ( i mean 9 other boards) would eventually pressure them to lift the ban.
Just a matter of time.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Aftab? Might as well stick to Ash then. I see no difference. I take it back, Ash can still score past 50 maybe 1 out of 10 tries. Aftabs sticks to a quickfire 30. If you watch the 20/20 matches, you'll see that Kaps is a FAR better player then Aftab and with his consistency, easily the best batsmen fro BD. SN has more mental toughness then Junaed and others.

If BCB ever grows a pair, I would love getting Alok, SN, Rubel back in the national team. Maybe Aftab too. IF he can stick to the wicket, he'll be our very own Jayasuriya. For that to happen, he'll have to really challenge himself and his patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I do not care whether there is ban or not. I do not want any of those specially these loud mouths Dhiman (yes he is better WK than Mushy), SN, Kopali. The only one I would reluctantly accept is Aftab.
Old November 28, 2008, 03:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

PCB clears stance on ICL players

Pti, Karachi

The Pakistan Cricket Board on Friday made it clear that it would never recognise the unofficial Indian Cricket League or lift ban on its players until the ICC and the Indian board changed their policy on the league.

PCB chairman Ejaz Butt said Pakistan was only following the policy laid down by the BCCI and International Cricket Council.

"We would like to see this issue resolved as many of our players are in the ICL. We would like to consider them again for Pakistan if the ICL becomes legal," Butt said.

He said since the Indian board didn't give permission to the ICL, the ICC also refused to recognise the tournament.

"Subsequently member boards of the ICC also follow the same policy that the ICL is an illegal tournament," he said.

Asked why Pakistan had imposed blanket bans on its players for signing up with the ICL, while other countries like England and Sri Lanka had a softer stance, Butt said Pakistan wanted to see an early resolution of the issue.

"In England the counties are playing the ICL players because of court cases," he said.

Asked if the Board would change its stance if the Pakistani players went to court to challenge their bans, Butt said the Board was bound to follow court directives.

The director general of the PCB, former Test captain Javed Miandad and even Butt have recently given out indications that they are not happy with having to impose blanket bans on their players for playing in the ICL.

Pakistan has nearly 18 players appearing in the ICL many of whom can still play for the national team. But Butt maintained Pakistan couldn't have an independent policy for the ICL and its players and had to follow the ICC policy.

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=65394
Old November 30, 2008, 10:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

well bcci is prolly gonna be forced to go to war with pcb due to the mumbai attacks. might as well un-ban them now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 1, 2008, 07:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Aftab? Might as well stick to Ash then. I see no difference. I take it back, Ash can still score past 50 maybe 1 out of 10 tries. Aftabs sticks to a quickfire 30. If you watch the 20/20 matches, you'll see that Kaps is a FAR better player then Aftab and with his consistency, easily the best batsmen fro BD. SN has more mental toughness then Junaed and others.

If BCB ever grows a pair, I would love getting Alok, SN, Rubel back in the national team. Maybe Aftab too. IF he can stick to the wicket, he'll be our very own Jayasuriya. For that to happen, he'll have to really challenge himself and his patience.
You misunderstood me. I am not in favor of taking back any ICLer even if there is a Bradman. I only talk of thinking Aftab back because he showed some remorse for joining ICL and then there was someone (May be Lipu) who told him he would be only banned may be for three monthes.
They retired from national team. Let keep them there
Old December 1, 2008, 11:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

i disagree...alok is battering around 3rd class cricketers mostly. how many teams have a shane bond in their side?

aftab on the other hand, probably has one of the better T20I averages in the world thru a fair number of matches. alok has a terrible SR and average. T20I are the least pressure situation.

that being said, i do think alok is a good player once he gets his head in, but so too are aftab, ash, and most of the rest of gang.

there really is no differene between any of them with the exception of tamim (consistency though he hasn't scored a 50 in a while), sakib, mushy, and raqibul.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 2, 2008, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If BCB ever grows a pair,
I think this is the gist of it all. As long as you have appointed arbiters of the game who know nothing of the game nothing will happen. BCB doesn't have the cojones or future-sight. The current military regime has done an even worse wrong than the past several decades of "democratic" governance.
Old December 3, 2008, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i disagree...alok is battering around 3rd class cricketers mostly. how many teams have a shane bond in their side?

aftab on the other hand, probably has one of the better T20I averages in the world thru a fair number of matches. alok has a terrible SR and average. T20I are the least pressure situation.

that being said, i do think alok is a good player once he gets his head in, but so too are aftab, ash, and most of the rest of gang.

there really is no differene between any of them with the exception of tamim (consistency though he hasn't scored a 50 in a while), sakib, mushy, and raqibul.
Base on your statement then Aftab should had more consistence performance than Alok in ICL, class is matter anyway and if someone really not being blind can see with open eyes who got class and consistancy, nothing more to say. We judge sometime players/someone how do we want to see them.

If in your opinion Pakistan ICL and Indian ICL are full of third class cricketers then again I have nothing to say, then come question of our BD cricketers what class they belongs to? 4th class or 5th class??

Last edited by Shaan; December 3, 2008 at 04:27 AM..