facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Just HOW great is Nazimuddin?
As great as Kohli 1 5.26%
As great as Amla 1 5.26%
Better than Kohli 5 26.32%
Better than Amla 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I hope Nazimudding get well soon. His injury compled him to take rest otherwise we could have tested him through 2 A team series.

Old September 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

sorry to say......u didn't find any topic or any person that we can really vote........what is this????? talk abt nazimuddin...r u kidding mate???? he is the one of the most wanted culprit for losing asia cup to pakistan....so my vote to u ...pls remove this thread..unless open abt someone really worth....like sakib or nasir.
Old September 25, 2012, 02:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

We lose whenever Nazimuddin's not in the side. Just look at our overall win-loss record in all 3 formats and then see just how many of those Bangladesh teams had Nazimuddin in them. I bet over 99% of losses were with teams without Mohammad Kohlimuddin Amla, the tragic hero of BD cricket. Then look at our wins with teams with the man playing. I bet you'll come upon a much higher percentage.

If we lose when happens to be in the side, it's always someone else's fault.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 25, 2012, 03:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
We lose whenever Nazimuddin's not in the side. Just look at our overall win-loss record in all 3 formats and then see just how many of those Bangladesh teams had Nazimuddin in them. I bet over 99% of losses were with teams without Mohammad Kohlimuddin Amla, the tragic hero of BD cricket. Then look at our wins with teams with the man playing. I bet you'll come upon a much higher percentage.

If we lose when happens to be in the side, it's always someone else's fault.
Sounds like a good fodder for a stat based -Aks Steven article! (Also a viable theory still remains about Shamim affecting our games too.)
Old November 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Nazza! has been hitting the nets hard because he may see some action in Khulna. Intensive batting, express bowling, leg spin and slip fielding session for this most complete of cricketers since Sir Gary. So much to offer, so much to do, so little time ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 20, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cricket Savant

The conspiracy must stop NOW!
Old November 20, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

He was surely heading for a double century wasn't he?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
He was surely heading for a double century wasn't he?
He still is. It's just our other players are scoring the runs he so generously donated to his less talented teammates. He does this when the opposition bowlers aren't good enough to challenge him on the pitch or intellectually.
Old November 21, 2012, 02:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I always knew he was a failure poor scores anyway in his last 12 recent matches. Anamul should've had a chance selectors missed the trick here.
Old November 21, 2012, 03:57 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I hope once and for all the Nazimuddin love from the selectors ends.

IMO he is not International quality. I know for a fact that Habibul Bahsar loves this guy. Anamul is missing out badly. Very poor selection indeed
Old November 21, 2012, 04:09 AM
Cricket Savant

^HaBa's not the only one Ian. Fellow Chittagonians Akram and Nannu also believe in him. Scoring 75 ball 30s will keep him in the team as long as these selectors are there.
Old November 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nazza! Unlucky chilo. The ball hit his body and lobbed up for short leg. 2nd innings e dekhai dibe batting kaake bole
Old November 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Nazza will score a quick fire 30+ on second innings along with quickfire 30+ from SN which will propel our total for second innings to 250...and thus they will show us that they are the best top orders
Old November 21, 2012, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I hope once and for all the Nazimuddin love from the selectors ends.

IMO he is not International quality. I know for a fact that Habibul Bahsar loves this guy. Anamul is missing out badly. Very poor selection indeed
Your right coach he's not. After this match, hopefully we drop him for good. Him playing ahead of Anamul is just craziness. Heck I would take Jahurul, Junaid, and SN over him any day.
Old November 22, 2012, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

I doubt that without The Nazza! magnanimously donating his runs to Nasir, Riyad and Raju, we'd have the quasi respectable total we have in the first innings. Be grateful people!
Old November 22, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Yes Nazimmuddin is not an International quality. But the problem is In top order who we have with International quality other than Tamim? Are Kayes, Zunaid, SN,test quality? I am tired of all this proven failure. Only hope here is Anamul. To me it was not a good Idea from the selectors to think Nazimuddin as test opener.I was amazed when he opened last year. But I liked one thing that is his temperament. Most importantly he can leave the balls well and he dont temped too much by the deliveries out side off.
Old November 22, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cricket Savant

I hope we get see Nazza! bat at some point in time tomorrow.
Old November 22, 2012, 08:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Nazza must feed akram & nannu every now and then to be within their sight
Old November 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
Banned

Totally agree with Ian, Nazimuddin is just not good enough at International Cricket he averages a pathetic 12 or 13 in ODIs and was one of the major reasons we lost the Asia Cup final sorry but true 16 runs off 51 odd balls say it all. Shahriar Nafees may be inconsistent but he averages far better than him in all forms but ideally I'll have Anamul Haque replace him. When the ODI series comes up where Bangladesh have a far realistic chance of winning, then Anamul is the obvious pick for those games but whether to put him at 2 or 3 is debatable.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Victimized again.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

All credit goes to Akram Khan and Co. for such a clever selection yet again, Nazimuddin has been a resounding success. Who needs Anamul Haque when you have Nazimuddin/Junaed Siddique?
Old November 24, 2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Don't worry! after his disastrous performance in this test match, he will never be selected again I hope!
Old November 24, 2012, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Very well played. A knock worth remembering.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 24, 2012, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quality batting, Nasir should take a lesson from him.
Old November 24, 2012, 08:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Very well played. A knock worth remembering.
Indeed! I've never seen an opening batsman use his pad to actually hide that bat from a straight delivery. Genius!

Hats off to all of his fans but especially to our selectors. It takes unusual talent to recognize such potential giants of the game. Not at all surprised that some of them are also amazing at reinventing the English language whenever they post something outside the usual CI copy/paste. Some call it embarrassing perpetration, I call it postmodern revisionism with a hint of Dada

BTW, his early dismissal eventually prompted Da Shakstah and Nassa to come in early and play with care. So in a way, he was the harbinger of our limited recovery.