facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2002, 11:21 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default The Two SL squads to play 3 day matches

The Srilankan board has announced the names of the two SriLankan squads that will play two 3-day matches against Bangladesh. Almost all the players seem to be new.

The Link is as follows:

http://www-ind5.cricket.org/link_to_...27JUN2002.html

Old June 29, 2002, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am glad they are 3 day matches. We cant survive 4 days.
Old June 30, 2002, 04:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Any signs of practice?

I havn't heard much news about the preparations of the national team for the upcoming tour. Of course the World Cup has taken precedence in the media lately but I was wondering if anyone has any details about the preparations, training schedule, or stratagies the team and the coaches are cooking up.

I get the feeling that fitness is going to be a concern during the tour. The premier league ended a while back and if there is one thing I have learnt about the BD players over the years, it's that they won't maintain their fitness if they don't have to.

Even if each players' fitness is at its peak they lack the confidence and concentration. Correct me if I am wrong but before the Asian test championship, the BD team went through rigourous fitness training under the supervision of Trevor Chappell. The media gave a lot of exposure to the preparations with articles about how hard the national pool player were training and how intensely the coach was conditioning them, with pictures of players pumping iron at the newly contructed gym. We all know what become of all the hard training. My point is if all that hard training resulted in humiliating defeats what is to become of a team that seems to be underprepared? I am sorry to sound so pessimistic but I forsee another debacle coming up, especially with the Sri Lankan team returning from a tour.

Yes, I am excited to see BD playing one day and test cricket again, with the new prospects but I am completely indifferent about the outcome of the matches. I feel we should play weaker opponents like Kenya, Zim, and New Zealand more often to gain confedence than play with the bigger teams for experience.

Let's hope the new coach has given a few tips about keeping a cool head and when to play what shots, if nothing else. Let's also hope the players havn't been as busy as us with the WC.

[Edited on 30-6-2002 by Ockey]