facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger
Default Lost respect for Tamim

First off, congrats for scoring the century today against SL. You scored the highest individual score against SL, and also became the Bangladeshi to score a ton against SL.

But after seeing the way you scored the last 25 odd runs to get to your 100, by playing only for your individual score so extra carefully even though the team could totally use an extra 15-20 runs that it didn't, I have lost quite a bit of respect for you. There were way too many full tosses that weren't put away, half volleys that weren't utilized, and lack of footwork to work the ball in gaps. I give you 2/10 for this selfishness.

Whether we win or lose this game is another matter, and I don't want to make that an issue. But when you play for the team as our premiere batsman, please have a respect for the team's success over your own.

Old March 23, 2013, 07:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think he was so tired, he must work on his fitness.
Old March 23, 2013, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

He did the good thing. We tend to lose wicket during power plays. He and Nasir made sure that we don't lose wickets. As a result we could get some good total.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

A bit harsh there don't you think? But I do agree about his fitness, although he only scored around 10 fours and took all singles and did get to his century afterall.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

That was a top knock if you ask me. The easier thing for him would have been to hit out and get out in trying to do so but he grounded it out. The lack of rotating at that point was more due to pressure and a bit of lack of fitness. It was a two paced track as well. I would take this innings on this kind of track everyday.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:20 AM

He certainly was tired, and did well to hold on to the innings that helped Bangladesh to play out 50 overs with acceleration at the end. But yes, there were some shots that went to fielder, didnt find gaps, thats the place not only him but every BD players have to work on.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I haven't lost respect for Tamim. But i think 20 dot balls in batting PP is way too many. If he was tired then he should have taken single and give strike to Nasir. Good thing was, Nasir made it up in the later, just think, what if nasir had gone right after tamim ...

anyway, he played well. he deserves 100. now win the match for us, please !
Old March 23, 2013, 08:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

too harsh I must said...Tamim was playing his natural game and scoring run a ball until he saw his 3 other partners lost their wicket playing stupidly... immedietly he had to slow down..during the power play they played cautiously knowing that they are the last recognized pair..cant really complain how they built the innings..259 may not be a huge total, but far better than 200..
Old March 23, 2013, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple1900
I think he was so tired, he must work on his fitness.
This is what I believe was a factor.
Old March 23, 2013, 08:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

too harsh way too harsh if you ask me. Yes the powerplay was not utilized and he may have been eyeing his hundred but regardless I thought the less extravagant powerplay actually was in our favor as we did not lose a wicket at that time. Plus tamim's fitness is the reason more than anything. It was almost as if he gave it away after scoring ton. This is not the first time and if it comes off I don't think he is to blame here. And it surely did came off this match.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 23, 2013, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

A bit harsh I think. They were bowling pretty well around that time (even Nasir had trouble putting it away at that stage) and we still had a LONG way to go before the end of the inning. We were 4 down, with Zi, Shohg and bul to come. If he had done something silly, the tail would have been exposed too early and we probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to 260.

This was certainly not the kind of selfishness you would rightfully associate with, say, you-know-who when he played for his hundred in the WI home series, with a platform for a HUGE score already set and virtually the entire batting line up to follow.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Remember, if he couldn't hit, no one could've.

Everyone's saying harsh thread, but I'm with you on that. I felt the exact same way. Good thing BC was down, otherwise I'd have ripped his OT apart. 20 dot balls in BPP? Really? Take singles. He was a set batsman, as opposed to Nasir he was relatively new to the pitch.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:11 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: mushy

Im sorry but I could not help but comment about the opener of thos thread goes to show how some fans are so impaitent. You really think tamim shud of went about smashing every ball then ur so silly at that time you needed them to play sensably and they did, but to see some one criticise him makes me soo angry.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

If he started hitting and then went out then we would start complaining oh man this guy once again goes out before getting a century and putting Bangladesh in a bad position. Even when he stays and gets the century which also meant Bangladesh got to a decent total we complain he is being selfish, we fans can never make our minds up.....
Old March 23, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
A bit harsh I think. They were bowling pretty well around that time (even Nasir had trouble putting it away at that stage) and we still had a LONG way to go before the end of the inning. We were 4 down, with Zi, Shohg and bul to come. If he had done something silly, the tail would have been exposed too early and we probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to 260.

This was certainly not the kind of selfishness you would rightfully associate with, say, you-know-who when he played for his hundred in the WI home series, with a platform for a HUGE score already set and virtually the entire batting line up to follow.
Harsh on Tamim, but harsh on you know who as well. The platform that was set was largely set by himself. Why should he waste the hard work? Bangladesh are usually nto a team that builds on a platform, we usually build basements. Today's game is an exception due Nasir's heroics which hopefully will be the new norm. Had it been Riyad and Naeem batting down the order we'd have finished with 190-5 and not 260.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 23, 2013, 09:19 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubel_18
If he started hitting and then went out then we would start complaining oh man this guy once again goes out before getting a century and putting Bangladesh in a bad position. Even when he stays and gets the century which also meant Bangladesh got to a decent total we complain he is being selfish, we fans can never make our minds up.....
There. He said the truth.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

And that was his first game and his first 100. Tamim tasted his 100s, so that was just painful to watch. Funny how he charged as soon as he finished getting those last 8 runs.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

If we had lost Tamim at that time, we'd be really screwed. Having so few wickets left with so many overs to come, including Malinga's six, batsmen to come would've been under far more pressure and lost their way easily. He believed he could make it up after getting to a hundred just like Anamul did in his 120. Now if they had lost less wickets, it would've been a different story. If anything, he should be blamed for his lack of fitness.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:23 AM
Banned

OP, seriously ?

He had to stay at the crease. None of the other lower order batsman did much, did they now ?
Old March 23, 2013, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I just hated how he turned down singles. A bunch of times Nasir was half way through and he sent him back being the fat *** of a "senior" player he is.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

A hundred scored with a stirke rate of 82+ . Saved the team from reaching to familiar 150ish scores and saved this match from being one sided. #Respect.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Harsh on Tamim, but harsh on you know who as well. The platform that was set was largely set by himself. Why should he waste the hard work? Bangladesh are usually nto a team that builds on a platform, we usually build basements. Today's game is an exception due Nasir's heroics which hopefully will be the new norm. Had it been Riyad and Naeem batting down the order we'd have finished with 190-5 and not 260.
You know who is who?
Old March 23, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

And i lost a little respect on you for opening such silly thread...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

They are talking about Anam vs WI obviously. I can recall ATMR's thread or comments on that.
Old March 23, 2013, 09:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Sometimes being fatty is good for self assess and play accordingly to reach what matters to be called successful. imo Good job Tamim. No complain against chubby cricketer from my end as long as its fruitful.