facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2003, 03:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Nasif I like the two cents you minted! This is the Bangladesh Cricket team. It is not the Bengali Cricket team or any other regional team. Our people need to grow up.History is all well and good when it helps towards betterment and progress but if it impedes pragmatism and good sense it stinks! ok ok! before I spark off some lengthy debate let me clarify..i mean the use of history.

Old April 29, 2003, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Default WOW!

Again, we are completely basing this on speculation. Javed is Bihari, so that must be why he is not the captain of Bangladesh? That isn't actually true. Just because he is a reliable player does not make him captaincy material. Actually, if you guys dig a bit deeper, you will find that Javed is not a very social person. He is a bit of an introvert, likes to keep to himself. Not the ideal type you'd want as captain. The captain has to command the respect of his team. I don't think Javed is quite there yet.

I am not saying that regional politics doesn't play a part in BD cricket. Actually, its not really regional politics as much as club politics. But we are now going into an entire communal issue based on speculation. I think the less we do of that the better.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by Sham]
Old April 29, 2003, 07:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Forgot to mention something.....
Mehrab is a Dhakaiya (shokbash) and Rafiq is also Dhakaiya but Kutti.

Well, subsects or which location you are from should have no place in our Cricket and thats wt the BCB has to know, for the development of our cricket.

Whoever will do good as a captain should be the captain. I agree with Shambhai that we shouldn't pick captain on wt type of player is someone (ofcourse he has to be good in playing) but by seeing that whether he will be responsible to play the role of captain or not. The captain got to have a good influence on the team, the guy whom the other team members also admire otherwise it will be the same case as pilot.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by ehsan]
Old April 29, 2003, 11:26 PM
Club Cricketer

I think in Bihar, most of the people speak Hindi. In Bangladesh usually we call the Hindi/Urdu speaking Indians as "Bihari" (even if he is not from Bihar). Off course if he is rich, we call him "Marwari".

As far I know Javed Omar Belim's family has moved to Bangladesh from the Indian sate of Gujrat (or Uttar Prodesh), but he was born in Bangladesh. His elder brother was a well known hockey player and organizer.

Our chief selector Aliul probably played for Bihar in Ranji trophy, before moving to Bangladesh. But he is probably Bengali (ethnically) .
Old April 29, 2003, 11:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Zakir bhai Bihar has different language than Hindi...I guess it is called Bihari. Try to follow Lalo Prasad Yadav... you'll know bihar has a different language than Hindi.
Let see how ... how are you is said in Hindi and in Bihra
Hindi: Kaise houn?
Bihari: Kaisan ho?

Here are two good jokes I heard about Laloo...

1) Bill Clinton decided to 'teach' Laloo English, so he invited him over to US. Laloo arrives in full grandeur. Bill announces to the nation that they should not be disturbed during the tuition.
Inside the White house, they are locked up in a room, and Bill starts teaching Laloo English. Days pass by and weeks pass by, but there is no sign of them coming out. The whole country and its
economy has come to a standstill, and press, news reporters from all over the world are waiting outside eagerly to find the outcome.

At last one day, the door opens, and out comes Laloo beaming his resplendant white smile, looking cool and unruffled. However, Bill looks totally dazed, his clothes are torn, his hair is completely ruffled, and he has scratch marks all over his face. The shocked reporters ask Bill, "What happened Mr. Clinton ?"
Bill replies : "Ee babua hamar kuch bhi naahi sunat hai !"

2) Laloo Prasad Yadav was hosting a Japanese Delegation for Business Development to Bihar. The Japanese Emissary was quite impressed with Bihar and he stated, "Bihar is an excellent state. Give us three years and we will turn it into an economic superpower
like Japan."

Laloo was very surprised. "You Japanese are very inefficient", he stated. "Give me three days and I will turn Japan into the next Bihar!"

Old April 30, 2003, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Default clarification

when i said "biharis tend to be urdu speaking" I really meant the Bangladeshis whom we consider Biharis. You guys who pointed out they could come from Gujrat, Bihar, several places but we clump them into generic descriptions like "bihari", "marwari" etc are absolutely right.

ehsan, nice posts!
Old April 30, 2003, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

As far as I'm concerned, Laloo Prasad Yadav is an idiot. Bihar is one of the most backward states in India. They should learn a thing or two from places like Karnataka. Even Andhra Pradesh is doing well under Chandrababu Naidu. Anyway, back to cricket, hope our Bihari player scores a century tonight.
Old April 30, 2003, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

among laloo's gems,

'yeh IT YT kya hai, kya computer doodh deta hai?'
Old April 30, 2003, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Default HAHAHAHAHAHA

Man that is funny!
Old August 3, 2005, 01:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ehsan
Forgot to mention something.....
Mehrab is a Dhakaiya (shokbash) and Rafiq is also Dhakaiya but Kutti.

Well, subsects or which location you are from should have no place in our Cricket and thats wt the BCB has to know, for the development of our cricket.

Whoever will do good as a captain should be the captain. I agree with Shambhai that we shouldn't pick captain on wt type of player is someone (ofcourse he has to be good in playing) but by seeing that whether he will be responsible to play the role of captain or not. The captain got to have a good influence on the team, the guy whom the other team members also admire otherwise it will be the same case as pilot.

I know its a very old topic but as i came across this toopic, now i must mention that Rafiq is not a dhakaiya kutti. He is simply from zinzira and it doesnt even make him a dhakaiya.
Old August 3, 2005, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Was it really necessary to bump this 2 year old topic? I don't think Rafique's origin has become a burning issue of late.
Old August 3, 2005, 03:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
To bangladeshi organizers, it is is big deal who is from Dhaka/Chittagong/Khulna... a Bihari is way too much to accept.
Why not Sylhet?
Old August 3, 2005, 04:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by capslock
Was it really necessary to bump this 2 year old topic? I don't think Rafique's origin has become a burning issue of late.
Exactly. I was beginning to wonder when chacha did any of this recently. I didn't realize it was a 2 year old topic until I read your reply.
Old August 3, 2005, 03:12 PM
Test Cricketer

When "Khaled Mahmud" was a captain then he only used bowl by himself . It didn't matter to him when he has given so many runs for a single wicket . I never seen a captain to bowl that many overs when they are not economical at all .

"Habibul Bashar" is a great captain and a player but he can't do his best when he struggles on the field by the oppositions . Bashar is very good when the oppositions struggling and bowlers doing good for him .