facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 27, 2011, 10:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Both of them are my all time favorite !! Dont want to go 'who's better' debate. There are other great singers whom i admire most e.g. david gilmour, Mark Knopfler, kurt cobain, Micheal (RHCP), Jim Morrison, Ronnie van zant (lynyrd skynyrd, black sabbath)...the list goes on. Each of them are unique and incomparable to others.

Salute to all of them
There are too many favorites to name, but a couple that come to mind are: "Dancing in the Dark," "Hot Blooded," "You Got It," and "Walk of Life." I realize that not all would be liked by everyone. My spectrum is quite wide. I also like the Beatles, Bee Gees, Police, Carpenters, Billy Joel, Bread, Phil Collins, ABBA, Starship, etc.

Old November 28, 2011, 09:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

[rant mode] PakPassion disgusts me. BC is much more polite and respectful. I was reading comments at PP regarding the upcoming series and most of them has condescending tones. There are the regular bashing of our physical stature, skin color, race and other stuff. Cmon people grow up!

They even went as far as to singling out few BC members and making fun of them. I am not trying to ignite any controversies or exaggerating the situation. Those comments were just bothering me for few days! [/rant mode]
Old November 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ why do you even bother going to PP? I never go there even if someone posts a link for PP here in BC.
Old November 28, 2011, 10:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Whenever we play someone, I go to opposition team's forums before the series, just to get an idea! Its like the same way Zimslog was with us during the Zim series.
Old November 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

^ Fair enough. Then just be prepared to see some disturbing comments. Dont take them so seriously
Old November 28, 2011, 10:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Yes, you are right Roman bhai. At the same time, disturbing comments in BC are very rare. I just thought PP would be as civil as us. But I was wrong.
Old November 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ajke nije kacha bajar theke bajar kore biryani ranna korsi!
Old November 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
For this, may I present Bruce Springsteen, the Boss (sorry Zunaid)? I have never heard his voice crack even when he is shouting from the top of his lungs!
Yes, he's amazing as well - but I have to agree with Turbo that as Mercury is of Indian origin, there is an intangible connection haha. Dancing in the Dark (and many others) are classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Both of them are my all time favorite !! Dont want to go 'who's better' debate. There are other great singers whom i admire most e.g. david gilmour, Mark Knopfler, kurt cobain, Micheal (RHCP), Jim Morrison, Ronnie van zant (lynyrd skynyrd, black sabbath)...the list goes on. Each of them are unique and incomparable to others.
Who's he? Do you mean Anthony Kiedis? Kudos for liking Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. Amazing. I went to a Roger Waters concert back in 2008 and heard him and his band play Pink Floyd classics - jaw dropping. I really wish people nowadays knew Pink Floyd for more than just 'Wish you were here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
There are too many favorites to name, but a couple that come to mind are: "Dancing in the Dark," "Hot Blooded," "You Got It," and "Walk of Life." I realize that not all would be liked by everyone. My spectrum is quite wide. I also like the Beatles, Bee Gees, Police, Carpenters, Billy Joel, Bread, Phil Collins, ABBA, Starship, etc.
I also like the Animals (House of the Rising Sun anyone? ).
Old November 28, 2011, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Someone please convince me that I made the right choice by getting MacBook Pro over Mac Air so I can stop freakin out.
Old November 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
ami bhuleo kokhono ei thread e post korbo na:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=39258

I am with you on this one.
How do you rate one's cricket knowledge without knowing that person's cricketing ability. This is more about writing knowledge than cricket. But saying that some of BC-ites does know cricket both practically and theoretically.

So my writing knowledge sux does that mean I know nothing about cricket....Bull......

Old November 28, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I am with you on this one.
How do you rate one's cricket knowledge without knowing that person's cricketing ability. This is more about writing knowledge than cricket. But saying that some of BC-ites does know cricket both practically and theoretically.

So my writing knowledge sux does that mean I know nothing about cricket....Bull......

Disagree. You don't have be good at cricket to have good cricketing knowledge. Or else we won't have coaches, commentators, reporters, writers. You can have good knowledge of the game without the skills.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 28, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Pwnage!
Old November 28, 2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
ajke nije kacha bajar theke bajar kore biryani ranna korsi!
দাওয়াত দিলা না যে? রাগ করসি!
Old November 28, 2011, 07:09 PM

I don't go there. I have met many decent Pakistanis and many impolite ones. But, without the quality of moderation that we have at BC, the ugly side can come out easily. Also, many Pakistanis have not forgotten the humiliation of 1971. Don't let it bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
[rant mode] PakPassion disgusts me. BC is much more polite and respectful. I was reading comments at PP regarding the upcoming series and most of them has condescending tones. There are the regular bashing of our physical stature, skin color, race and other stuff. Cmon people grow up!

They even went as far as to singling out few BC members and making fun of them. I am not trying to ignite any controversies or exaggerating the situation. Those comments were just bothering me for few days! [/rant mode]
Old November 28, 2011, 07:16 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Someone please convince me that I made the right choice by getting MacBook Pro over Mac Air so I can stop freakin out.
Bad choice bruh. SSD vs magnetic drive? Pro is nice, but the new Airs are just more appealing and can pretty much pack the same punch in terms of performance.

And no, you can't use the graphics card as an argument. No one buys Macbook pro for gaming. So for daily uses, the Intel hd 3000 is more than enough.
Old November 28, 2011, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Who's he? Do you mean Anthony Kiedis? Kudos for liking Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. Amazing. I went to a Roger Waters concert back in 2008 and heard him and his band play Pink Floyd classics - jaw dropping. I really wish people nowadays knew Pink Floyd for more than just 'Wish you were here"
I am very sorry. Micheal from 'INXS' ! Micheal Hutchence who died at the age of 37.

Quote:
Old November 28, 2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, he's amazing as well - but I have to agree with Turbo that as Mercury is of Indian origin, there is an intangible connection haha. Dancing in the Dark (and many others) are classics!

In fact, "The Wall" was one of our most loved songs during undergraduate days.
Old November 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Bad choice bruh. SSD vs magnetic drive? Pro is nice, but the new Airs are just more appealing and can pretty much pack the same punch in terms of performance.

And no, you can't use the graphics card as an argument. No one buys Macbook pro for gaming. So for daily uses, the Intel hd 3000 is more than enough.
I didn't buy it for gaming. I have PS3 for that. I got it for school. I'll be taking graphics and media classes soon. Do you think Air can handle all that? Can it handle running multiple big apps at ones. People say it's for light use. But for how light!?
Old November 28, 2011, 11:32 PM
Administrator

You made the right choice. We have 2 at home. Handles graphics and multimedia with ease. While the Air is sexy and great for road warriors, it wouldn't have served your needs.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 29, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You made the right choice. We have 2 at home. Handles graphics and multimedia with ease. While the Air is sexy and great for road warriors, it wouldn't have served your needs.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
That's what everyone telling me. But MBP 15 have the same size RAM (4gb) as MBA 13. So wouldn't it serve my needs? If I run out of space I could get external HD? It's true, the lightweight and look is making me freak out, but can it not handle it at all? If I do change it, I don't wanna be stuck with the wrong thing.

Do you know if MBA has any issues? It suppose to be faster, but one of my friends told me it troubles him with few apps and takes a while to get going. He got it a year ago.

I never heard anyone say "Go with Air over Pro" and I was sold, until I saw the thing with my own eye. I feel guilty. MBA is a whore!
Old November 29, 2011, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's what everyone telling me. But MBP 15 have the same size RAM (4gb) as MBA 13. So wouldn't it serve my needs? If I run out of space I could get external HD? It's true, the lightweight and look is making me freak out, but can it not handle it at all? If I do change it, I don't wanna be stuck with the wrong thing.

Do you know if MBA has any issues? It suppose to be faster, but one of my friends told me it troubles him with few apps and takes a while to get going. He got it a year ago.

I never heard anyone say "Go with Air over Pro" and I was sold, until I saw the thing with my own eye. I feel guilty. MBA is a whore!
CNet says it better than I could:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...hould-you-buy/
Old November 29, 2011, 12:58 AM
Administrator

For the 15, go here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_905131.html
Old November 29, 2011, 01:14 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
For the 15, go here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_905131.html
Lol that's where I went to when I bought it. I googled it from the Air!

Let's make things simple. I want it just because it's slick! That's all. Now, I don't how much load exactly I'll be putting on it over the next few years, but let's say moderated, little more than average. Will the Air handle it?

And how long am I suppose to keep a Mac for? I never had one... is it lifetime? 10 years? What's the max year?
Old November 29, 2011, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Back from hibernation Bring it on Pakistan! B)
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 29, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i felt like kicking some of those girls at the stadium! it's girls like those that give girls in bd a bad name!