facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 25, 2019, 12:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
You will meet all sort of retards all around the world, especially online. Heck, I have even meet people that thinks people from shylet or noakhali are some low end bd life form. Weird people all around the world bro, not just an isolated pak issue.
No, Pak sentiments on Bangladeshi is well known. Now, obviously, BCB is not going to get affected by what random guy said on Twitter.

Old December 25, 2019, 11:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

The times when our players and board decide to flex a bit is head-scratching.

if the Tests are in Dubai, make sure the players/board/staff are in their hotel rooms for the duration of the tour. None of this holiday, shopping, posing on the beach stuff I see every away tour.

Bangladesh might not be as vulnerable as Pakistan in terms of safety but an incident wouldn't be surprising
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 26, 2019, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
The times when our players and board decide to flex a bit is head-scratching.

if the Tests are in Dubai, make sure the players/board/staff are in their hotel rooms for the duration of the tour. None of this holiday, shopping, posing on the beach stuff I see every away tour.

Bangladesh might not be as vulnerable as Pakistan in terms of safety but an incident wouldn't be surprising
Why? Why does it matter what they do during their free time? They are grown adults, they don't have to be tied down to a tree as long as they are keeping up with their training/etc which are related to their job.

It's like saying my boss sent me to a different country to get some job done, during my non-work time, he tells me that I am obliged to sit in my hotel room and stare at the ceiling. Sounds a bit nonsense doesn't it?
Old December 26, 2019, 08:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Why? Why does it matter what they do during their free time? They are grown adults, they don't have to be tied down to a tree as long as they are keeping up with their training/etc which are related to their job.

It's like saying my boss sent me to a different country to get some job done, during my non-work time, he tells me that I am obliged to sit in my hotel room and stare at the ceiling. Sounds a bit nonsense doesn't it?
It's the players who don't want to tour & a big part of it, I feel is that they don't want to be cooped in a hotel room all day.

Yet, when opposing sides tour Bangladesh. It's practically all they do. Training, Bus to Hotel. Rinse & Repeat.

You're a professional athlete, your job is to compete & win.

Every away your shouldn't be a holiday, where more effort is put into the duty free store then the matches itsself.
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old December 27, 2019, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
It's the players who don't want to tour & a big part of it, I feel is that they don't want to be cooped in a hotel room all day.

Yet, when opposing sides tour Bangladesh. It's practically all they do. Training, Bus to Hotel. Rinse & Repeat.

You're a professional athlete, your job is to compete & win.

Every away your shouldn't be a holiday, where more effort is put into the duty free store then the matches itsself.
You and I both know that's far from the truth.
Here is another interesting tweet I have seen been sharing around, apprently 20 BD players were listed in the PSL auction. If this is true, WTV happened to security issues then? I mean, if you feel unsecured, knowing that the whole PSL will be played in PAK this year, why put your name in the draft. This is undiplomatic and stupidity from the players end. This left them open for criticism rightfully!
Old December 27, 2019, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Here is another interesting tweet I have seen been sharing around, apprently 20 BD players were listed in the PSL auction. If this is true, WTV happened to security issues then? I mean, if you feel unsecured, knowing that the whole PSL will be played in PAK this year, why put your name in the draft. This is undiplomatic and stupidity from the players end. This left them open for criticism rightfully!
None of the players got PSL contract, so maybe they are trying to take revenge? Dont expect much from our bolods to be honest
Old December 27, 2019, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Players don’t have any problem going to Pakistan. The BCB is just scrambling when they should have never agreed to tour PAK in the first place if they didn’t want to. This will wreck our world Test Championship and next cycle PAK will cancel their series in BD. Horrible mismanagement by the board here.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 27, 2019, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^Individual tour and part of NT are different. Now it is high profile unlike pro league and vulnerable.
Old December 28, 2019, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Players don’t have any problem going to Pakistan. The BCB is just scrambling when they should have never agreed to tour PAK in the first place if they didn’t want to. This will wreck our world Test Championship and next cycle PAK will cancel their series in BD. Horrible mismanagement by the board here.
Why are the scrambling for anyways? I have not kept up with the news.
Old January 3, 2020, 01:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Spineless. Send the team or cancel the tour. Simple decision making process.

Either you kiss BCCI's rear or not. You ain't getting any favor from them, and that is a given.
Old January 4, 2020, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

What is the latest news of this circus show? Still butthurt or sending a team? When will this circus end from both of this idiotic boards
Old January 9, 2020, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

So apparently, Mushfiqur does not want to go to PAK, regardless of the decision of BCB agreeing to tour or not. No Shakib, No Mushfiq, why even bother going for a test series LOL. Trying to finish the match in 2-3 days?
Old January 9, 2020, 02:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Just saw Mosaddek post a pic of his mother in the hospital. Guess he's out of the tour as well.

First he gets an eye infection, then gets dropped prematurely, then we have cancelled series, and now his mother gets sick right before the India test series, he plays all of the BPL, and mother is ill before PAK tests.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2020, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB is making them go nuts at this point. Gotta hand it to BCB , true dicks haha. I guess they are taking their petty revenge for what PCB did last time ...

On a serious note, this is getting pethathic
Old January 10, 2020, 10:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Just saw Mosaddek post a pic of his mother in the hospital. Guess he's out of the tour as well.

First he gets an eye infection, then gets dropped prematurely, then we have cancelled series, and now his mother gets sick right before the India test series, he plays all of the BPL, and mother is ill before PAK tests.
He wont be big of a miss anyway.
Old January 11, 2020, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
He wont be big of a miss anyway.
Yeah he's only the most promising young batsman in the country who never gets to play for various reasons.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 12, 2020, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

it seems safe place now. why not to visit them?
Old January 12, 2020, 10:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Mosaddek could get more chances but he might turn out to be a liton das.

Liton dominates domestics especially in the longer format but after 5 or so years of international cricket he still hasn’t found any sort of helpful consistency in the national team.

Not saying the same will become of mosa, but expectations need to be conservative in the sense that we can’t expect the top domestic performers to necessarily turn into world class international players let alone the next kohli or smith or whoever.

Not to get too realistic but he’s played 35 ODIs, batted 30 innings for an average of about 27 which includes 10 not outs. His list A average is about 39 so if you exclude ODIs then he’s got a very nice list A record, he just hasn’t been able to translate it to the higher level. Doesn’t mean he never will but expectations need to be appropriate.
Old January 12, 2020, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Mosaddek could get more chances but he might turn out to be a liton das.

Liton dominates domestics especially in the longer format but after 5 or so years of international cricket he still hasn’t found any sort of helpful consistency in the national team.

Not saying the same will become of mosa, but expectations need to be conservative in the sense that we can’t expect the top domestic performers to necessarily turn into world class international players let alone the next kohli or smith or whoever.

Not to get too realistic but he’s played 35 ODIs, batted 30 innings for an average of about 27 which includes 10 not outs. His list A average is about 39 so if you exclude ODIs then he’s got a very nice list A record, he just hasn’t been able to translate it to the higher level. Doesn’t mean he never will but expectations need to be appropriate.
He's not a lower order bat. They keep using him there for some reason.
Old January 13, 2020, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
it seems safe place now. why not to visit them?
Because politics ... They screwed us over last time, BCB also wants to screw them over. Never ending drama ...
Old January 13, 2020, 03:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

BCB should ask hefty amount.
Old January 13, 2020, 11:50 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I think both BCB and PCB are being extremely stubborn But I would blame PCB more here. If it wasnt BCB and it was CAA or ECB or even lets say NZC, would they say flat reject the T20 series only? I dont think so. They always have this thing to bully BCB. Before, invited everyone else but when it came to Bangladesh, it had to be in Pakistan where no one else was willing to visit. Now as bad as our team is, BCB is also one of the more richer boards and they hate caving into PCB. Specially when PCB hasnt even invited BCB a single time in Dubai for a bilateral. I actually think BCB isnt fully wrong in proposing the T20 series only and delaying the test series for later in the year.

Last edited by Rinathq; January 13, 2020 at 06:24 PM..
Old January 13, 2020, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru

This entire fiasco has been a shitshow
Old January 13, 2020, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I think both BCB and PCB are being extremely stubborn But I would blame PCB more here. If it wasnt BCB and it was CAA or ECB or even lets say NZC, would they say flat out no to a T20 series only? I dont think so. They always have this thing to bully BCB. Before, invited everyone else but when it comes to Bangladesh, it had to be in Pakistan where no one else was willing to visit. Now as bad as our team is, BCB is also one of the more richer boards and they hate caving into PCB. Specially when PCB hasnt even invited BCB a single time in Dubai for a bilateral. I actually think BCB isnt fully wrong in proposing the T20 series only and delaying the test series for later in the year.
Can't disagree with you there but then again it doesn't benifit me so I don't really care about if BCB is right or wrong here. I rather watch cricket then watch this drama
Old January 13, 2020, 07:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I think both BCB and PCB are being extremely stubborn But I would blame PCB more here. If it wasnt BCB and it was CAA or ECB or even lets say NZC, would they say flat reject the T20 series only? I dont think so. They always have this thing to bully BCB. Before, invited everyone else but when it came to Bangladesh, it had to be in Pakistan where no one else was willing to visit. Now as bad as our team is, BCB is also one of the more richer boards and they hate caving into PCB. Specially when PCB hasnt even invited BCB a single time in Dubai for a bilateral. I actually think BCB isnt fully wrong in proposing the T20 series only and delaying the test series for later in the year.
Didnt think about that and I agree with you...almost.

The only caveat is, what is in BCB's greater interest? Getting back at PCB or securing more away Test matches? By playing this game, BCB has added Pakistan to Austrailia and England to the list of countrues that will refuse to play us. Those are all big teams (Pak is not, but we would make some money hosting them). BCB will be left stuck playing Afg, Zim, Ireland, Lanka, and Windies from here on out. Only a fool would volunteer for a second tier of Test cricket.

And this will affect ODIs and T20 tours as well.

I actually expect and hope we have to forfeit the 120 points if we refuse to tour this cycle. Its the only way the BCB might learn to value their long term interests over god knows what.

#OneTeam1Dream