facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 4, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Technology Questions

I have some technology questions for you. I need your help. Can you please post your thoughts?

1. What technology does facebook use to to consolidate across web pages for the like button and share button?

2. Is there any other alternative to the facebook method that is picking up in industry?

3. Do you see this consolidation coming up in any other sectors other than social media?

4. Does html5 do anything for identity consolidation?

Thanks for your help.

Old December 4, 2012, 12:09 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Assumption: you are referring to resource identity.
1. We can guess what drives Facebook/google/tweet buttons from configuration of these buttons. Its safe to assume configuration that the identity input is the URL itself. I am sure they probably generate guid or some other id out of the URL (SHA/MD5 or any other scheme) which gets persisted in their system. For BC fb/g+/tweet buttons, dynamic URL is based on the postid which gets sent to fb/g+ etc.

2. Don't know. But URL by definition is guaranteed to be unique. It can always serve as the primary key to identify a resource.

3. As far as I know, resource identification is always done on unique URL.

4. As I said, URL can always serve identity of an html resource. But if you are referring to other form identities, e.g. user identity then there is nothing special other than session based cookies. As far as I know html5 doesn't add anything extra for session or data persistence. Facebook and google session cookies are visible to you from dev tools in ie or firefox.

My 2cents, not sure if was helpful
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old December 4, 2012, 12:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Here's their developer's guide if you haven't seen it: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/

Should answer most of your questions.
Old December 4, 2012, 01:12 PM
Test Cricketer

its called web API: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface#section_2

Its pretty much the industry standard and used by everyone all across the board for all kinds of services.

HTML5 has nothing to do with it. It has nothing to do with html at all.
Old December 4, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Nasif Bhai, Kabir Bhai, Blah bhai (?) - many thanks. This is more than I would have known. I will put some more questions as I move along. Thanks!
Old January 8, 2013, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Okay, some opinion questions for you cricket savvy guys. Please give me your thoughts.

1. What did you guys think of the Matrix style replays of the Australian Tests with Aus v SL?

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=262180
Did you guys think it was worth it?
Did it augment your experience?
Do you think it will catch on?

2. It is stated that FanVision has opened a new door to sports viewership - especially in the NFL and Nascar. It is said that it will work in sports where there are frequent pauses in game play - for obvious reasons - because one is busy while manipulating this device.

Today Qualcommm announced a partnership with FanVision. .
According to FanVision CEO their vision is to ultimately incorporate this into regular phones with LTE - hence the partnership.

Question:
1. Do you think this is worth your money to augment the viewing experience of Cricket - (focus on only cricket)? (say it is included for a small fee when you buy the venue ticket and you see it on your phone)

2. You think it will catch on in different venues and widely accepted?

3. If you were to adopt the technology - what would you like to see as far as angles, close-ups - etc are concerned? e.g. footwork, where ball is pitched, live trajectories, putting iphone before your face in camera mode and seeing overlayed trajectory automatically? (there is such an app that aligns constellations while you look at the stars now - even from your living room!)

Would appreciate your insights! Thanks!

Last edited by zsayeed; January 8, 2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old January 9, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Any comments guys?
Old January 9, 2013, 02:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Any comments guys?
Is there any video from that Matrix-cam? It's hard to comment without seeing it.
Old January 9, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't find the replays on the web with the matrix cam - but it was live on sky sports - hard to find if it was not seen live. What of part 2 of the question then? Sorry.
Old January 10, 2013, 12:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Its a gimmick, just like "holograph interview" during CNN's US election day coverage. They don't actually add value to a user experience on the game, and they don't add anything more than what you can already do with "spider-cam" already being used by in most cricket venue's.
Old January 10, 2013, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Its a gimmick, just like "holograph interview" during CNN's US election day coverage. They don't actually add value to a user experience on the game, and they don't add anything more than what you can already do with "spider-cam" already being used by in most cricket venue's.
I had a similar feeling as well. What of the 2nd part of my query - do you think that (FanCast) has value?
Old January 11, 2013, 11:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
I had a similar feeling as well. What of the 2nd part of my query - do you think that (FanCast) has value?
I don't follow NASCAR or NFL so couldn't comment on the games itself. But my understanding is that up-to-date and instant stats can supplement a gaming experience. But I don't see how a stand-alone device is going to help. People who want instant stats and player standings can look it on the giant screen (which every major game has and often updates) or check out their smart-phone.

I will go with gimmick. Its like creating a market for things that you don't actually need.