facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old January 21, 2010, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
There is no fuss among the players. They have handled the Aussies several time already. The fuss is with the media and fans. Insecurities and protective nature. Just like Indian fans get insecurities when Chappell opens his mouth. We are all in the same boat. Living in a fantasy land.
Aye. You can say this many any times but we will still get a hundred thousand posts from cry-babies who run home to their momma when someone says boo to them. Unfortunately, it's these momma's boys who are most vocal and from their posts one would think they have never seen a real game and have only been playing ludo under the strict supervision of their great grandmother. Their net access should be taken away.

Old January 21, 2010, 11:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Let's make one thing clear, Mushfique was not complaining, he was asked what the Indians were saying to him at the presser and he answered with a smile. He also mentioned that it didn't bother him. It wasn't the worst example of sledging, not that there is anything wrong with a bit of sledging...

That's the end of the matter.
Old January 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Aye. You can say this many any times but we will still get a hundred thousand posts from cry-babies who run home to their momma when someone says boo to them. Unfortunately, it's these momma's boys who are most vocal and from their posts one would think they have never seen a real game and have only been playing ludo under the strict supervision of their great grandmother. Their net access should be taken away.
Old January 21, 2010, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Okay, I edited the thread title to make it a bit more accurate (in regards to my previous post) and less inflammatory as well.
Old January 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Mahmudullah didnt say what Zaheer was saying, Munaf Patel also did that to Tamim during worl cups... Sledging is for some weird reason is allowed in Cricket. Aussie Board asked the players to lower down their sledging as they were known for doing it to every opponent.

Mushfiqur is always sledging but not personally attacking. But while Shevagh was dismissive of Mushfiqur's century,, it was Sachin who was clapping for him on the feild after the boundary. And there lies the difference.. A legend and a moron..
Old January 21, 2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I am reporting this post to my mom.
Old January 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Mahmudullah didnt say what Zaheer was saying, Munaf Patel also did that to Tamim during worl cups... Sledging is for some weird reason is allowed in Cricket. Aussie Board asked the players to lower down their sledging as they were known for doing it to every opponent.

Mushfiqur is always sledging but not personally attacking. But while Shevagh was dismissive of Mushfiqur's century,, it was Sachin who was clapping for him on the feild after the boundary. And there lies the difference.. A legend and a moron..
sehwag was congratulating mushy with a pat on the helmet after the match. watch the highlights package.

Quote:
Sehwag: "He batted well," was his response when asked about Mushfiqur Rahim's innings today.
source : cricinfo.

btw, sledging is allowed in all competitive sports. have you forgotten the football world cup final ?
Old January 21, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Bloody hell, what is the matter with us, he only mentioned it briefly, but yet we still have a need to moan. He replied. With a century. End.
Old January 21, 2010, 12:45 PM
Banned

And who can forget Mushfiqur's furious counter-attacking knock? "They called me a school boy," he said with a smile at what the Indians told him when he was batting at the end of a memorable day. It wasn't a complaint, just a reply to a direct question on the issue. "It's part of the game. I like when people sledge me. I didn't say anything back, just wanted to answer with my bat."

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind201...ry/445322.html
Old January 21, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

He looks like a school boy but he definitely bats like a school bully.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

The thread is funny. Almost every one is saying why every one else is complaining. that means no one is ready others post and thinking every one else is complaning... lol
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendulkar_Mcgrath
at least mushfiq went to school....not like shewaag..
Old January 21, 2010, 01:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Well if Bangla want to be in respectable level of international cricket then stop whining about sledgings. This is part and parcel of intl cricket, if you can't take it then go back to school and play school cricket tournaments.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhel Puri
Well if Bangla want to be in respectable level of international cricket then stop whining about sledgings. This is part and parcel of intl cricket, if you can't take it then go back to school and play school cricket tournaments.
What's a Bangla?

Nobody is complaining here about the mild sledge.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Whats a game without a good banter??
I love sledging.
It should be taught in every cricketing school.
If you cant take/give a few (Unless you are a certain Sachin Tendulkar), you dont belong there in the middle. Its a tough world and fight is always survival of the fittest and the strongest.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 21, 2010, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
the school kid fans are complaining, not the players. your last comment is unnecessary and flamebait.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

well I have no complain about sledging happened with our Mushi today rather its also enteritaing how he answered. but "Sledging" was a pain for India and some big names when the champ Aussie used to do that. I want their statement on India's sledging

''But unfortunately most of these belong to a champion side and it makes others believe it's the only way to play winning cricket.'' Sunil

Gavaskar slams Aussies for sledging~
July 30, 2003 07:28 IST

Gavaskar calls for tougher action against sledging~July 30, 2003

so now India being the no 1 started Aussie culture and I want the speech of Sunil (just to know) =p

OK calling schoolboy may not be similar to slang but still bit offensive for a player, who knows !
Old January 21, 2010, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

magic boy, you have no idea of the kind of sledging gavaskar is talking about from the aussies.
it's the kind that would get you thrown out of a job if done in US.

let me give you two examples
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcgrath to Jayasuriya
f*cking black monkey
http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/con...ry/397410.html
Quote:
Mark Greatbatch :You have got to be careful when you are batting. If you get involved too much, you lose your focus to bat. I think (Merv)Hughes spat at me once in Auckland. He just came down the wicket - and he used to swear all the time - but this time he decided to spit at me, and he got me in the pad. And he got into trouble because he was on TV. He got reprimanded for that.
this kind of schoolboy stuff is not even sledging, it's called banter. nobody has a problem with that. certainly not gavaskar.
Old January 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
The thread is funny. Almost every one is saying why every one else is complaining. that means no one is ready others post and thinking every one else is complaning... lol
Old January 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
No country called Bangla (hint:next time use Google to Check) and Mushfique isn't whining, he gave his reply with his Bat. And how the fans react to any particular event/actions is irrelevant to the performance of the national team.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

@Neel Here
yes I know how Aussi used do that. beyond imagination in some cases. but considering the fact Mushfiq is shorter in height and of schoolboy look it may be bit harsher to him( not happened though)
=p nothing serious actually.
Old January 21, 2010, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox in ICF
Next time the Indian batsmen come out to bat they should call them uncles
same equinox ? good one !
Old January 21, 2010, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahela Jayawardene

This is what internation cricket is ...chill...even happens in club cricket really!!
Old January 21, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Hmmm, so Indians think a schoolboy can score a century against them! I thought the #1 Test team would have better self esteem!
Old January 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Why start a thread about this? Is it wrong to call someone a "schoolboy" these days? Mushy obviously didn't let if affect him as he went on to make a century, so why are we letting it affect us? So annoying some of you people.