facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is he ready to play ODI?
Yes. now is the best time 30 65.22%
No. He is not Ready for ODI cricket 7 15.22%
it doesn't matter/I don't care 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I was really looking forward to watching Anamul bat today and I came out pretty impressed. Like many of you said here, his footwork is a bit sloppy and he could get away with some shots in BD but not in more sporting conditions.

That being said, he looks much better than our other top order batsmen such as Kayedge, Mofees, Junaid, and Nazza! He was not edging and poking at every ball. His hand-eye coordination is much better than them, in my opinion. He amazed me with the amount of time he has in seeing the ball before he plays his shot. He's definitely a good prospect and needs to be nurtured further. It also helps that he has a class batsman as his partner in Tamim who is going to take pressure off of him.

Definitely want to see both of them continuing to open.

Old November 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I am still on the fence about Anam. I don't know whether he's ready for the big time yet. He certainly looks more ready than most other Bangladeshi #2 and #3 batsmen out there, but someone with his innate abilities may need to be shielded from international cricket for a while longer and nurtured more before throwing him in at the deep end again..

I thought he was a more accomplished batsman than he ultimately appeared to be in yesterday's game. Footwork was non-existent for much of his innings. I don't know if he generally relies on timing alone or whether he was simply too nervous to use his feet. Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, however. In terms of ability, he's head and shoulders above Imrul, Jahurul, Junaid, Nafees, Nazimuddin et al, all of whom are very limited players and no longer have as much time on their side.
Old November 30, 2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I was really looking forward to watching Anamul bat today and I came out pretty impressed.
Really? I came out pretty depressed. Could be the nerves, but he looked uncomfortable at the start and as so many have already noted, his front foot is glued. We would have been toast if we had been chasing 280, and no, it wouldn't have been his fault only. Tamim is miles ahead of him in terms of ability and talent and the difference was brutally apparent.

I know this was his first game and I know Tamim was a blind slogger when he started and I know he got the job done, but for all the hype surrounding him, he didn't look any more than ordinary.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cricket Sage

^ Needs to be polished more before he comes anywhere near where Tamim is today. But question is who is going to guide him? We don't have a good batting coach in the team, and I don't think Tamim's theory of Natural Game will take newcomers like him too far.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Really? I came out pretty depressed. Could be the nerves, but he looked uncomfortable at the start and as so many have already noted, his front foot is glued. We would have been toast if we had been chasing 280, and no, it wouldn't have been his fault only. Tamim is miles ahead of him in terms of ability and talent and the difference was brutally apparent.

I know this was his first game and I know Tamim was a blind slogger when he started and I know he got the job done, but for all the hype surrounding him, he didn't look any more than ordinary.
Agree. I was disappointed with his technique. But even in the early days of blind slogging, Tamim had some solid technique. His 50 vs India in WC 2007 had some glorious textbook shots.

We think Shakib/Nasir don't use feet much? Anamul makes them look like dancers compared to him. But I will give him some time and see how he adapts. Too early to tell
Old November 30, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I reckon some of the extra hype has more do with the critical and gaping holes we've had at number 2 and 3 for far too long than any of us being overly enthusiastic about his abilities, application and immediate impact. But he showed that he's definitely ahead of all of the other usual suspects vying for those spots. That's a great thing for our cricket as I believe in Bijoy's ability to learn, rectify his issues and adjust quickly to this level. I'm looking forward to witnessing that progress over this ODI series and beyond.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 30, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

I am afraid I have to agree with your assessment totally. I am quite disappponted from what I saw. Even Imrul can play the shots he did. That being said I hope and pray that he becomes more solid with experience and when he's played at his natural one down spot.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I see where your coming from bhai. That's why we probably should wait until he plays about 5-10 games before we start making more judgements on him. We still are not sure if he was tentative because it was his 1st game or he always bats like that.

Also I think his nonexistent footwork could come from the bad habits of playing in the NCL, where our pitches are dead. I feel it can be fixed with proper coaching and more experience against quality bowlers and pitches at the international level.

Last edited by Tiger444; November 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old November 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ Needs to be polished more before he comes anywhere near where Tamim is today. But question is who is going to guide him? We don't have a good batting coach in the team, and I don't think Tamim's theory of Natural Game will take newcomers like him too far.
Ian Pont is the right man for the batting coach job.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Ian Pont is the right man for the batting coach job.
Maybe he can also give his input on Anamul's footwork and also tell us what he did with him when he coached him in the BPL.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Richard McInnes is here to help Bijoy with his footwork if he seeks that help from the man. BKSP has sporting pitches where they could work on it together.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 30, 2012, 11:35 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You guys will be amazed what pont will say about Bijoy. You won't believe me so I'll wait till he speaks out for u guys

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Richard McInnes is here to help Bijoy with his footwork if he seeks that help from the man. BKSP has sporting pitches where they could work on it together.
That's very true. It's up to Bijoy to seek his help out and work hard on his own time.
Old November 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

When Anamul was batting, I felt like it was our Al_F bhai batting. Avatar effect!!
Old November 30, 2012, 11:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
When Anamul was batting, I felt like it was our Al_F bhai batting. Avatar effect!!
No lie but I was thinking the same as well
Old November 30, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I remember Shakib was not impressive in his early days though he scored lot of runs. His feet movement was not good. I think he was nervous in early days of career.

This was Anamul's first match. I am sure he will come good.
Old November 30, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I am still on the fence about Anam. I don't know whether he's ready for the big time yet. He certainly looks more ready than most other Bangladeshi #2 and #3 batsmen out there, but someone with his innate abilities may need to be shielded from international cricket for a while longer and nurtured more before throwing him in at the deep end again..

I thought he was a more accomplished batsman than he ultimately appeared to be in yesterday's game. Footwork was non-existent for much of his innings. I don't know if he generally relies on timing alone or whether he was simply too nervous to use his feet. Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, however. In terms of ability, he's head and shoulders above Imrul, Jahurul, Junaid, Nafees, Nazimuddin et al, all of whom are very limited players and no longer have as much time on their side.
I was reading all the comments about Anamul and found this is the best post. I do agree with u.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

The poor kid scored a decent 40 on debut! Give him a break! Not drawing any funny comparisons but I'm sure even Tendulkar looked shaky and out sorts at times during his first few matches! Lets wait and find out what he has to offer. I will happily take that average of 40+ please. Don't care if it looks ugly or pretty!
Old November 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
The poor kid scored a decent 40 on debut! Give him a break! Not drawing any funny comparisons but I'm sure even Tendulkar looked shaky and out sorts at times during his first few matches! Lets wait and find out what he has to offer. I will happily take that average of 40+ please. Don't care if it looks ugly or pretty!

Exactly! It took Tendulkar many a innings before he got his first hundred. This is the risk you take with debuting very young players just based on pure talent: There is an element of risk involved. The selectors chose not to take that risk for tests and we saw what happened. It is all about the desire to learn and the ability to Adapt, Nasir Hossain is a great example of this.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:22 PM

Anam will come good - he needs few matches to get settle in.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Anam will come good - he needs few matches to get settle in.
Lets hope and pray that he does, or we will be responsible for mishandling yet another young prospect .... We will get a more clear picture by the end of this series.
Old November 30, 2012, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

From facing sub par NCL pacers to facing Roach-Rampaul-Sammy? It's a huge leap for him. Give him some time to settle in.
Old November 30, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

good job on debut, let's not forget that for some players playing for you country is a huge deal, lots of nerves come into it, he still scratched out a 40 odd score, not to mention the pressure he's was probably feeling i mean he's being touted as the most talented BD batsman ever and the solution to the opening or #3 spot.
Old December 3, 2012, 11:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

And a massive century in just his 2nd match!

Will be interesting to read this thread 2, 5, 10, and 15 years from now!

#OneTeam1Dream