facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2019, 02:13 PM
Cricket Guru

I didn't see this part of the game, but sounds like Rashid outmaneuvered Shakib in the mental game and got him out - https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%B2

Old September 15, 2019, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Pilot

Rashis said something to Shak. Shak complained to umpire. The very next ball Mr. Hot head went for a shot and that was that
Old October 24, 2019, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Shakib took advantage of a corrupt board.

I don't think it's right. You should set the board right, demand resignation of crooks if appropriate. But not take advantage of them to better your own position. This makes you a type of crook as well.

I think many folks here share the same sentiments, but I could be wrong.
Old October 24, 2019, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Shakib took advantage of a corrupt board.

I don't think it's right. You should set the board right, demand resignation of crooks if appropriate. But not take advantage of them to better your own position. This makes you a type of crook as well.

I think many folks here share the same sentiments, but I could be wrong.
Complete agree. He is a crook. He is in a ধান্ধা to extract as much as possible before his final চম্পট to America. He never had the welfare of other cricketers in mind. Never. He is a sleazy politician after all.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 24, 2019, 10:45 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Really guys? I mean what two you are actually smoking?

-DPL already dismissed player by choice system

Rest of the demand will be met or at least thats what BCB said. But yeah let just only focus on the getting permission to play more than two t20 league. Because thats what it was all about.

Last edited by ahnaf; October 25, 2019 at 01:33 AM..
Old October 24, 2019, 10:48 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Finally sensible article from isam

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...afe-sized-hole
Old October 25, 2019, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Finally sensible article from isam

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...afe-sized-hole
well written and nice read
Old October 26, 2019, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Sorry, Shak fans, but he has been opportunistic all along. In a timely manner, he signed with Grameen Phone. Probably thought BCB will give it a slip given the tension with players.

But if there is a breach of contract, Board has every right of taking strong action against the player. Because clearly its a case of a player who thinks he is above the system, he wants to show up for training when he wants to. He got away with Rhodes, couldn't escape from Hathu. I am not sure how much Domingo will be okay with this.

Not good for the team. Another major showdown coming up.
Old October 26, 2019, 01:14 PM
Cricket Sage

I think this time he May not get the break he used to get from bcb.

All indication is India tour will be a disaster. If that happens, there will more pressure to the players.

Individually Shkib need to do very well otherwise more trouble will be coming in his way.

Last edited by Fazal; October 26, 2019 at 02:34 PM..
Old October 26, 2019, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The thing is if shakib gets booted from captaincy then who will be the captain? Mushy? Lol
Old October 26, 2019, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Riyad's captaincy hasn't been great off late, nor is his position guaranteed in any of the formats. But only captain option other than Mushfiq. I doubt Mushfiq will take or be given the role.
Old October 26, 2019, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

My guess if they change the captaincy, they may give someone young.

Who that may be, I am not sure. 6 months ago, I woulda say Miraj. But now that looks unlikely.
Old October 26, 2019, 05:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Riyad's captaincy hasn't been great off late, nor is his position guaranteed in any of the formats. But only captain option other than Mushfiq. I doubt Mushfiq will take or be given the role.
Perfect time to groom our future captain. I can only think of miraz as a potential future captain.
Old October 26, 2019, 07:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree, but imagine someone like Shakib in the team with Miraz as captain. Even Papon can't handle Shakib.

Reckon they need to appoint a new captain for 2 years (Fixed) in Tests, T20. Should also be the case for ODI, but Mash has made things difficult by not quitting.

My vote would be for Riyad. He will have at least some sway over senior players. Appoint Miraz or Mosaddek as vice captain. This way a younger player gets groomed for the role instead of being thrown into the deep end.

I would want them to move the mantle of captaincy from Shakib as soon as possible. Firstly he doesn't want the role. And secondly his attitude towards training etc are never good for the side. And there is every possibility he is not getting along with the new coaches, which means the backroom chemistry will never settle.
Old October 26, 2019, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Everyone is just out for themselves. You want to know why the great Aussie teams were so successful? You want to know why the great WI teams were so successful? It wasn’t just talent, it was everyone putting differences aside for a common goal. They had the talent, they worked hard, and they put their differences aside.

Not all of the great Aussie players from late 90s/00s got on with each other but they had enough respect for each other and each other’s abilities and the team and the process and hard work everyone put in to achieve that high level of success.

That is what you have to do to be soo successful, everyone makes sacrifices, not everyone agrees with everything and everyone but when they need to they put things aside and get things done.

Everyone has to hold themselves accountable form a personal standpoint and a team standpoint.

Problem is players don’t want to do that, BCB don’t want to do that.

Oh and the BCB fed and encouraged shakib, he definitely has and began with some good traits and some bad traits, BCB let him get away with far too much when he was younger and now he’s at a stage in his career where he doesn’t need BCB or the team, if anything they need him. He knows there isn’t going to be a WC win for BD in his career, BD aren’t getting to number one in any format with things as they are, and where he is in his career and his personality that’s the stuff that is going to motivate him the most, I don’t even think he really cares about personal milestones that much.

Tbh not even really sure where he gets his motivation from to still play, I’m glad he still does though.

And that’s the thing you need internal motivation and external motivation and a group spirit and respect to achieve great things.
Old October 26, 2019, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
The thing is if shakib gets booted from captaincy then who will be the captain? Mushy? Lol
I wouldnt laugh. Under Shakib captaincy Bd has lost home tests vs ZIM and AFG . Mushy has at least beaten ENG, AUS, SL in SL.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 26, 2019, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Sorry, Shak fans, but he has been opportunistic all along. In a timely manner, he signed with Grameen Phone. Probably thought BCB will give it a slip given the tension with players.

But if there is a breach of contract, Board has every right of taking strong action against the player. Because clearly its a case of a player who thinks he is above the system, he wants to show up for training when he wants to. He got away with Rhodes, couldn't escape from Hathu. I am not sure how much Domingo will be okay with this.

Not good for the team. Another major showdown coming up.
Board sent him a show-cause notice.

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...াপতি

Papon-Shakib playing politics.

Few user comments from PA

Quote:
এইভাবেই রবির কন্ট্রাক্টও অকেজো হয়ে গেছে মাশরাফি-সাকিবের কারণে । ক্রিকেটেররা একদিকে বেতন ভাতা বাড়ানোর জন্য ধর্মঘট করবে, আবার ইন্ডিভিজুয়াল কন্ট্রাক্ট করে বিসিবির আয় কমাবে; শাঁখের করাত । তবে সবার উপর বাংলাদেশ সত্য। আমাদের সবচেয়ে ভালো খেলোয়াড় বিদেশের টিমে সাইডবেনচে বসে থাকে; বাংলাদেশ আছে বলেই এরা তারকা; কলকাতায় জন্মনিলে জাতীয়দলেও নাম লিখতে পারতো কিনা তা সন্দেহ !
Quote:
পাইছে সুযোগ, হাতছাড়া করে ক্যামনে!?
তবে সাকিব তামিমদের যেভাবে টাকার নেশায় পেয়ে বসেছে, তাতে এদেরকে দিয়ে আর ক্রিকেট হবে বলে মনে হয়না!
তাই সময় থাকতেই ক্রিকেট থেকে ছাড়িয়ে দিয়ে মাননীয় পধানমন্ত্রী ঘোষিত ভাসানচরে ক্যাসিনো পল্লীতে এদেরকে বৈধ ভাবে ক্যাসিনো পরিচালনার কাজে লাগানো হলে ওদেরও টাকার ক্ষুধা মিটবে, সরকারেরও দুপয়সা ইনকাম হবে!
Quote:
সাকিব যদি মনে করেন তিনি দেশের ক্রিকেটর জন্য একমাত্র বিকল্প আর সেটা যদি সত্যি হয়, তাহলে বাংলাদেশকে ক্রিকেট খেলার কোন দরকার আছে বলে আমার মনে হয়না। আইন অনুযায়ী সাকিবের বিরুদ্ধে উপযুক্ত ও ন্যয়সঙ্গত ব্যবস্থা নেওয়া উচিৎ!
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 26, 2019, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I wouldnt laugh. Under Shakib captaincy Bd has lost home tests vs ZIM and AFG . Mushy has at least beaten ENG, AUS, SL in SL.
Under Mushy we whitewashed Zimbo 3-0 on home turf.
Old October 27, 2019, 05:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

If I were Shakib, I'd go pro se. lol
Old October 27, 2019, 06:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Nazmul Hassan Papon is playing by the rule, but at the end of the day let's call it for what it is = REVENGE.

And in my book, revenge is same as holding onto spite.
Old October 27, 2019, 06:10 AM
Cricket Savant

I like how some of us fluttering our starry eyes are going how come the players didn't settle with the board. If just by going public, he is being threatened with a lawsuit, imagine the repercussions they would face sub rosa should they had arbitrated off camera.

Let's not get all sanctimonious.
Old October 27, 2019, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Then again, to be fair (*NOT to confuse with the member...) what Shakib et co. did was blackmail. Can't deny that. But hey is this a perfect world? No it's not a perfect world.
Old October 27, 2019, 08:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Board sent him a show-cause notice.

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...াপতি

Papon-Shakib playing politics.

Few user comments from PA
Majority of the comments were anti bcb in this topic, and you choose the anti shakib comments purposefully

Go TIGERS GO...
Old October 27, 2019, 08:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Majority of the comments were anti bcb in this topic, and you choose the anti shakib comments purposefully
And all of them in bad taste too presented as if nuggets of wisdom. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old October 27, 2019, 08:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
What do you mean Shakib does not have to prove anything? This is a self defeating statement. In every match, you have to prove that you can perform. Or else, you retire or get out of the team.
He did. What's your point?