facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 4, 2007, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

The Science Of Hadith

From USC Muslim Students Association Islamic Server
© Islamic Awareness, All Rights Reserved.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate the Most Merciful
We have, Without doubt, sent down the message: and we will assuredly guard it (from corruption) (Qur'an 15:9)
The promise made by Allah(SWT) in Qur'an 15:9 is obviously fulfilled in the undisputed purity of the Qur'anic text throughout the fourteen centuries since its revelation. However, what is often forgotten by many Muslims is that the divine promise also includes, by necessity, the Sunnah of the Prophet(P), because the Sunnah is the practical example of the implementation of the Qur'anic guidance, the wisdom taught to the Prophet(P) along with the scripture, and neither the Qur'an nor the Sunnah can be understood correctly without the other.
Allah(SWT) preserved the Sunnah by enabling the Companions and those after them to memorize, write down and pass on the statements of the Prophet(P), and the descriptions of his way, as well as to continue the blessings of practicing the Sunnah.
Later, as the purity of the knowledge of the Sunnah became threatened, Allah(SWT) caused the Muslim Ummah to produce individuals with exceptional memory skills and analytical expertise, who travelled tirelessly to collect thousands of narrations and distinguish the true words of prophetic wisdom from those corrupted by weak memories, from forgeries by unscrupulous liars, and from the statements of the large number of Ulama (scholars), the Companions and those who followed their way. All of this was achieved through precise attention to the words narrated, and detailed familiarity with the biographies of the thousands of reporters of hadith.
The methodology of the expert scholars of hadith in assessing the narrations and sorting out the genuine from the mistaken and fabricated, for ms the subject matter of the science of hadith. In this article a brief discussion is given of the terminology and classifications of hadith.
Components Of Hadith

A hadith is composed of three parts (see the figure [below]):
Matn (text), isnad (chain of reporters), and taraf (the part, or the beginning sentence, of the text which refers to the sayings, actions or characteristics of the Prophet(P), or his concurrence with others action). The authenticity of the hadith depends on the reliability of its reporters, and the linkage among them.
Classifications Of Hadith
A number of classifications of hadith have been made. Five of these classifications are shown in the figure [below], and are briefly described subsequently.
  1. According to the reference to a particular authority Four types of hadith can be identified.
    • Qudsi - Divine; a revelation from Allah(SWT); relayed with the words of the Prophet(P).
    • Marfu` - elevated; a narration from the Prophet(P), e.g., I heard the Prophet(P) saying ...
    • Mauquf- stopped: a narration from a companion only, e.g., we were commanded to ...
    • Maqtu` - severed: a narration from a successor.
  2. According to the links of isnad - interrupted or uninterrupted Six categories can be identified.
    • Musnad - supported: a hadith which is reported by a traditionalist, based on what he learned from his teacher at a time of life suitable for learning; similarly - in turn - for each teacher until the isnad reaches a well known companion, who in turn, reports from the Prophet(P).
    • Muttasil - continuous: a hadith with an uninterrupted isnad which goes back only to a companion or successor.
    • Mursal - hurried: if the link between the successor and the Prophet(P) is missing, e.g., when a successor says "The Prophet said...".
    • Munqati`- broken: is a hadith whose link anywhere before the successor (i.e., closer to the traditionalist recording the hadith) is missing.
    • Mu`adal - perplexing: is a hadith whose reporter omits two or more consecutive reporters in the isnad.
    • Mu`allaq - hanging: is a hadith whose reporter omits the whole isnad and quotes the Prophet(P) directly (i.e., the link is missing at the beginning).
  3. According to the number of reporters involved in each stage of isnad Five categories of hadith can be identified:
    • Mutawatir - Consecutive: is a hadith which is reported by such a large number of people that they cannot be expected to agree upon a lie, all of them together.
    • Ahad - isolated: is a hadith which is narrated by people whose number does not reach that of the mutawatir. It is further classified into:
      • Mash'hur - famous: hadith reported by more than two reporters.
      • `Aziz - rare, strong: at any stage in the isnad, only two reporters are found to narrate the hadith.
      • Gharib - strange: At some stage of the isnad, only one reporter is found relating it.
  4. According to the nature of the text and isnad
    • Munkar - denounced: is a hadith which is reported by a weak narrator, and whose narration goes against another authentic hadith.
    • Mudraj - interpolated: an addition by a reporter to the text of the hadith being narrated.
  5. According to the reliability and memory of the reporters This provides the final verdict on a hadith - four categories can be identified:
    • Sahih - sound. Imam al-Shafi`i states the following requiremetts for a hadith, which is not Mutawatir, to be acceptable "each reporter should be trustworthy in his religion; he should be known to be truthtul in his narrating, to understand what he narrates, to know how a different expression can alter the meaning, and to report the wording of the hadith verbatim, not only its meaning".
    • Hasan - good: is the one where its source is known and its reporters are unambiguous.
    • Da`if - weak: a hadith which fails to reach the status of Hasan. Usually, the weakness is: a) one of discontinuity in the isnad, in which case the hadith could be - according to the nature of the discontinuity - Munqati (broken), Mu`allaq (hanging), Mu`adal (perplexing), or Mursal (hurried), or b) one of the reporters having a disparaged character, such as due to his telling lies, excessive mistakes, opposition to the narration of more reliable sources, involvement in innovation, or ambiguity surrounding his person.
    • Maudu`- fabricated or forged: is a hadith whose text goes against the established norms of the Prophet's sayings, or its reporters include a liar. Fabricated hadith are also recognized by external evidence related to a discrepancy found in the dates or times of a particular incident.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Had...dsciences.html

Old October 4, 2007, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter. I can clearly see why Sunni muslims are so harsh with some of Shi'i extremists who ritually curses Sayyidina Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (whom Allah is pleased with)...Talking about "anti-sectarianism"!!!
Old October 4, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Abu Hurayrah

From Alim® Online
"An Abi Hurayrata, radiyallahu anhu, qal.' qala rasul Allahi, sallallahu alayhi wa sailam..."
Through this phrase millions of Muslims from the early history of Islam to the present have come to be familiar with the name Abu Hurayrah. In speeches and lectures, in Friday khutbahs and seminars, in the books of hadith and sirah, fiqh and ibadah, the n ame Abu Hurayrah is mentioned in this fashion:
"On the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may God be pleased with him who said: The Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said... ".
Through his Prodigious efforts, hundreds of ahadith or sayings of the Prophet were transmitted to later generations. His is the foremost name in the roll of hadith transmitters. Next to him comes the names of such companions as Abdullah the son of Umar, Anas the son of Malik, Umm al-Mumininin Aishah, Jabir ibn Abdullah and Abu Said al-Khudri all of whom transmitted over a thousand sayings of the Prophet.
Abu Hurayrah became a Muslim at the hands of at-Tufayl ibn Amr the chieftain of the Daws tribe to which he belonged. The Daws lived in the region of Tihamah which stretches along the coast of the Red Sea in southern Arabia. When at-Tufayl returned to his village after meeting the Prophet and becoming a Muslim in the early years of his mission, Abu Hurayrah was one of the first to respond to his call. He was unlike the majority of the Daws who remained stubborn in their old beliefs for a long time.
When at-Tufayl visited Makkah again, Abu Hurayrah accompanied him. There he had the honor and privilege of meeting the noble Prophet who asked him: "What is your name?"
"Abdu Shams - Servant of a Sun," he replied.
"Instead, let it be Abdur-Rahman - the Servant of the Beneficent Lord," said the Prophet.
"Yes, Abdur-Rahman (it shall be) O Messenger of God," he replied. However, he continued to be known as Abu Hurayrah, "the kitten man", literally "the father of a kitten" because like the Prophet he was fond of cats and since his childhood often had a cat to play with.
Abu Hurayrah stayed in Tihamah for several years and it was only at the beginning of the seventh year of the Hijrah that he arrived in Madinah with others of his tribe. The Prophet had gone on a campaign to Khaybar. Being destitute, Abu Hurayrah took up h is place in the Masjid with other of the Ahl as-Suffah. He was single, without wife or child. With him however was his mother who was still a mushrik. He longed, and prayed, for her to become a Muslim but she adamantly refused. One day, he invited her to have faith in God alone and follow His Prophet but she uttered some words about the Prophet which saddened him greatly. With tears in his eyes, he went to the noble Prophet who said to him:
"What makes you cry, O Abu Hurayrah?"
"I have not let up in inviting my mother to Islam but she has always rebuffed me. Today, I invited her again and I heard words from her which I do not like. Do make supplication to God Almighty to make the heart of Abu Hurayrah's mother incline to Isl am."
The Prophet responded to Abu Hurayrah's request and prayed for his mother. Abu Hurayrah said: "I went home and found the door closed. I heard the splashing of water and when I tried to enter my mother said: "Stay where you are, O Abu Hurayrah." And after putting on her clothes, she said, "Enter!" I entered and she said: "I testify that there is no god but Allah and I testify that Muhammad is His Servant and His Messenger."
"I returned to the Prophet, peace be on him, weeping with joy just as an hour before I had gone weeping from sadness and said: "I have good news, O Messenger of Allah. God has responded to your prayer and guided the mother of Abu Hurayrah to Islam."
Abu Hurayrah loved the Prophet a great deal and found favor with him. He was never tired of looking at the Prophet whose face appeared to him as having all the radiance of the sun and he was never tired of listening to him. Often he would praise God for h is good fortune and say: "Praise be to God Who has guided Abu Hurayrah to Islam." Praise be to God Who has taught Abu Hurayrah the Quran."
"Praise be to God who has bestowed on Abu Hurayrah the companionship of Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace." On reaching Madinah, Abu Hurayrah set his heart on attaining knowledge. Zayd ibn Thabit the notable companion of the Prophet reported : "While Abu Hurayrah and I and another friend of mine were in the Masjid praying to God Almighty and performing dhikr to Him, the Messenger of God appeared. He came towards us and sat among us. We became silent and he said: "Carry on with what you were d oing."
"So my friend and I made a supplication to God before Abu Hurayrah did and the Prophet began to say Ameen to our dua.
"Then Abu Hurayrah made a supplication saying: "O Lord, I ask You for what my two companions have asked and I ask You for knowledge which will not be forgotten."
"The Prophet, peace be on him, said: 'Ameen.' "We then said: 'And we ask Allah for knowledge which will not be forgotten, and the Prophet replied: 'The Dawsi youth has asked for this before you." "With his formidable memory, Abu Hurayrah set out to memorize in the four years that he spent with the Prophet, the gems of wisdom that emanated from his lips. He realized that he had a great gift and he set about to use it to the full in the service of I slam.
He had free time at his disposal. Unlike many of the Muhajirin he did not busy himself' in the market-places, with buying and selling. Unlike many of the Ansar, he had no land to cultivate nor crops to tend. He stayed with the Prophet in Madinah and went with him on journeys and expeditions.
Many companions were amazed at the number of hadith he had memorized and often questioned him on when he had heard a certain hadith and under what circumstances.
Once Marwan ibn al-Hakam wanted to test Abu Hurayrah's power of memory. He sat with him in one room and behind a curtain he placed a scribe, unknown to Abu Hurayrah, and ordered him to write down whatever Abu Hurayrah said. A year later, Marwan called Ab u Hurayrah again and asked him to recall the same ahadith which the scribe had recorded. It was found that he had forgotten not a single word.
Abu Hurayrah was concerned to teach and transmit the ahadith he had memorized and knowledge of Islam in general. It is reported that one day he passed through the suq of Madinah and naturally saw people engrossed in the business of buying and selling.
"How feeble are you, O people of Madinah!" he said.
"What do you see that is feeble in us, Abu Hurayrah?" they asked.
"The inheritance of the Messenger of God, peace be on him, is being distributed and you remain here! Won't you go and take your portion?"
"Where is this, O Abu Hurayrah?" they asked.
"In the Masjid," he replied.
Quickly they left. Abu Hurayrah waited until they returned. When they saw him, they said: "O Abu Hurayrah, we went to the Masjid and entered and we did not see anything being distributed."
"Didn't you see anyone in the Masjid?" he asked.
"O yes, we saw some people performing Salat, some people reading the Quran and some people discussing about what is halal and what is haram."
"Woe unto you," replied Abu Hurayrah," that is the inheritance of Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace."
Abu Hurayrah underwent much hardship and difficulties as a result of his dedicated search for knowledge. He was often hungry and destitute. He said about himself:
"When I was afflicted with severe hunger, I would go to a companion' of the Prophet and asked him about an ayah of the Quran and (stay with him) learning it so that he would take me with him to his house and give food. "
One day, my hunger became so severe that I placed a stone on my stomach. I then sat down in the path of the companions. Abu Bakr passed by and I asked him about an ayah of the Book of God. I only asked him so that he would invite me but he didn't.
"Then Umar ibn al-Khattab passed by me and I asked him about an ayah but he also did not invite me. Then the Messenger of God, peace be on him, passed by and realized that I was hungry and said: "Abu Hurayrah!"
"At your command" I replied and followed him until we entered his house. He found a bowl of milk and asked his family: "From where did you get this?"
"Someone sent it to you" they replied.
He then said to me: "O Abu Hurayrah, go to the Ahl as-Suffah and invite them." Abu Hurayrah did as he was told and they all drank from the milk.
The time came of course when the Muslims were blessed with great wealth and material goodness of every description. Abu Hurayrah eventually got his share of wealth. He had a comfortable home, a wife and child. But this turn of fortune did not change his personality. Neither did he forget his days of destitution. He would "I grew up as an orphan and I emigrated as a poor and indigent person. I used to take food for my stomach from Busrah bint Ghazwan. I served people when they returned from journeys and l ed their camels when they set out. Then God caused me to marry her (Busrah). So praise be to God who has strengthened his religion and made Abu Hurayrah an imam." (This last statement is a reference to the time when he became governor of Madinah.)
Much of Abu Hurayrah's time would be spent in spiritual exercises and devotion to God. Qiyam al-Layl staying up for the night in prayer and devotion - was a regular practice of his family including his wife and his daughter. He would stay up for a third o f the night, his wife for another third and his daughter for a third. In this way, in the house of Abu Hurayrah no hour of the night would pass without ibadah, dhikr and Salat.
During the caliphate of Umar, Umar appointed him as governor of Bakrain. Umar was very scrupulous about the type of persons whom he appointed as governors. He was always concerned that his governors should live simply and frugally and not acquire much wea lth even though this was through lawful means.
In Bahrain, Abu Hurayrah became quite rich. Umar heard of this and recalled him to Madinah. Umar thought he had acquired his wealth through unlawful means and questioned him about where and how he had acquired such a fortune. Abu Hurayrah replied: "From b reeding horses and gifts which I received."
"Hand it over to the treasury of the Muslims," ordered Umar.
Abu Hurayrah did as he was told and raised his hands to the heavens and prayed: "O Lord, forgive the Amir al-Muminin." Subsequently, Umar asked him to become governor once again but he declined. Umar asked him why he refused and he said:
"So that my honor would not be besmirched, my wealth taken and my back beaten."
And he added: "And I fear to judge without knowledge and speak without wisdom."
Throughout his life Abu Hurayrah remained kind and courteous to his mother. Whenever he wanted to leave home, he would stand at the door of her room and say: As-salaamu alaykum, yaa ummataah, wa rahrnatullahi wa barakatuhu, peace be on you, mother, and th e mercy and blessings of God." She would reply: "Wa alayka-s salaam, yaa bunayya, wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu - And on you be peace, my son, and the mercy and blessings of God." Often, he would also say: "May God have mercy on you as you cared for me wh en I was small," and she would reply: "May God have mercy on you as you delivered me from error when I was old." Abu Hurayrah always encouraged other people to be kind and good to their parents.
One day he saw two men walking together, one older than the other. He asked the younger one: "What is this man to you?"
"My father," the person replied.
"Don't call him by his name. Don't walk in front of him and don't sit before him," advised Abu Hurayrah.
Muslims owe a debt of gratitude to Abu Hurayrah for helping to preserve and transmit the valuable legacy of the Prophet, may God bless him and grant him peace. He died in the year 59 AH when he was seventy-eight years old.
Old October 5, 2007, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

[quote=BanCricFan;554645]Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter.quote]

What about people who believe that "the collection" of ahadith may not be 100% accurate ?

Yes, a lot of effort was put into preservation of ahadith by scholar but how can one consider ahadith to be as equal as the Quran in authenticity?

And putting ahadith on an equal pedestal as the Quran is done whenever a hadith against the spirit of the Quran is taken as 100% correct, no questions asked.
Old October 5, 2007, 05:31 AM
Cricket Guru

[quote=Banglatiger84;554678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter.quote]

What about people who believe that "the collection" of ahadith may not be 100% accurate ?

Yes, a lot of effort was put into preservation of ahadith by scholar but how can one consider ahadith to be as equal as the Quran in authenticity?

And putting ahadith on an equal pedestal as the Quran is done whenever a hadith against the spirit of the Quran is taken as 100% correct, no questions asked.
bal adall (even worse)! just joking! relax.

"the collection" (if you meant the six sahih) does contain some ahadith wihch are Daeef (weak) and hadith experts are well aware of that. In "'ilm-al-hadith" there is a complete chapter which deals with "weak" ahadith.

Hadith narrations which has "mutawaatir" chains are- technically speaking- equal to Qur'an.

Please note, "ilm-al-usul" has clearly categorized Quran as the primary source of proof and Sunnah as secondary one. Sunnah being classified as a secondary source does not diminish its importance at all.
Old October 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter.
Okay, now that's a bit too much I guess. I apologize, but it sounds extremist-ish.
Old October 5, 2007, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

[quote=Banglatiger84;554678]
Quote:
Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter.quote]

exactly.

it appears bancricfan, and others a failing to realize that all we are saying is that the quran does not = hadith.

Quote:
"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. "
no muslim should have a problem with this. but how we do know for a fact that it is indeed "from the messenger (saw)"? if its guranteed, i'll take it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 5, 2007, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Okay, now that's a bit too much I guess. I apologize, but it sounds extremist-ish.
Not at all- only if you realize the import the of defamation of a great sahabi of the stature of Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah as a fabricator of Ahadith. Abu Huairah (R) is one of the most prolific reporters of Ahadith; proving him to be a fabricator is proving that a vast body of Sunni Islamic jurisprudence (Shariah) is based on falsehood. A stunningly cunning plot to mock (Sunni) Islam!

Some ulama are of the opinion that any deliberate defamation of the great Sahabah constitutes an act of Kufr (disbelief). The Quran speaks of the blessed companions of the Prophet as, "Allah is pleased with them(Sahabah) and they are pleased with Him".

Of course, a non-muslim may do so as he is not bound by the Shariah. Muslim scholars will provide a response to his criticisms.

PS: My previous post wasn't aim towards al-Furqaan or Kabir.

Last edited by BanCricFan; October 5, 2007 at 11:03 AM..
Old October 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

[quote=al Furqaan;554749][quote=Banglatiger84;554678

no muslim should have a problem with this. but how we do know for a fact that it is indeed "from the messenger (saw)"? if its guranteed, i'll take it.[/quote]

If there is a scholarly Ijma' or, in this particular case, if the vast majority of Muhaddithun classify a Hadith as Authentic (Sahih) then it is "guranteed" to be from the Prophet. The Shariah of Islam is not based on doubts.
Old October 5, 2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Many thanks to BanCricFan Bhai for spending so much time for properly explaining all these issues from proper sources. May Almighty Allah bless you and crown your life with success.

To Kabir Bhai, BanCricFan Bhai already explained a lot about hadeeth. Hope you now understand Sittah Sihah, or "Six books of Saheeh Hadeeths".

Let me add one more thing: The Shia's also reject all the hadeeths reported by Ummul Mumeneen Aisha (R), which is clearly blasphemous. The reason: In a war (I cannot remember the name of war here) Hazrat Aisha's position was against Ali (R). That war took place because of differences in ijtihad of two parties.

With this post, I am signing off from BC for about next two and half months. I am imposing on myself a "A temporary secession from BC" because spending too much time here has affected my grades in the first round of exams. I will make a comeback only if I can attain 4.00 GPA this semester, an accomplishment that I have regularly achieved in my short university acdemic career . My current Fall semester ends on victory day, '07and NZ series will also start at that time. Please pray for me.

Eid Mubarak to all BCers in advance. Take Care and wish you all the best.
Regards,
BD-Shardul
Old October 5, 2007, 03:29 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

BD-Shardul, InshAlllah you will achieve your goal. See you in December.

Take care and stay safe.
Old October 5, 2007, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I do not regard hadith as factual basis to follow Islam, many hadiths Ive heard before are complete rubbish in my view and are holding Islam back

Here is an article

Does Buhkari Explain the Quran?

The advocates of hadith are fond of saying that the hadith explains the Quran without which, they say the Quran cannot be understood. In other words without hadith they will have to reject the Quran or at least ignore it. The scholars also say that the hadith they call "Sahih Bukhary" is the best hadith.

It can be easily proved that the hadith does not in any way explain the Quran and that the "Sahih Bukhari" is not worth the papers it is printed on.

For evidence please refer to, and check all references of "Sahih Al-Bukhary" by Dr. Muhammed Muhsin Khan, Islamic University, Medina Al-Munawwara. Publisher "Kitab Bhavan, New Delhi, which is the Nine volume encyclopedia. Vol. 6 of "Sahih Al-Bukhary" is devoted to the explanation of the Quran (Tafsir). The other eight volumes prescribe things like drinking camels urine to cure fevers (vol 7, hadith no 590), burning people first and then their houses if they do not go the mosque on time, (vol.1, hadith no.626), dreaming of undressing women (vol 9, hadith no.139 and 140), using shoes to garland camels (Vol 2, hadith no 763), and other such non-sense.

But let us focus on vol. 6: the explanation of the Quran by Imam Bukhary. Although the Quran has 114 suras or chapters, Bukhari does not explain all the verses in all the suras. Sura 2, Al Baqarah has 286 verses, but Bukhari only provides hadith for about 50 verses. This is slightly over 20% of Al Baqarah. Bukhari has left the Ulamma groping the dark over the remaining 80%.

Sura AL Kauther (Sura 108) is the shortest sura in the Quran, only 3 verses. However Bukhari "attempts" to explain the meaning of just one word "Kauther" as sufficient to explain this whole Sura. Bukhari says; "Kauther" is a river in heaven.

But simply, "Kauther" means "good in abundance". (Translation by President of Islamic research, IFAT, Saudi Arabia). This also suggests that Imam Bukhari did not know Arabic. It is a fact that Bukhari was a Persian from Bukhara and his mother tongue was Farsi. The scholars have no records to show when Bukhari learned Arabic. More about this later.

The greatest surprise of all is that 28 suras of the Quran are NOT "explained" at all. The sura numbers are as follows; 23, 27, 29, 35, 51, 57, 58, 64, 67, 69, 70, 73, 76, 81, 82, 86, 88, 89, 90, 94, 100, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, and 109. Bukhari explains this away as follows "no hadith were mentioned here."

According to the scholars only the Prophet is supposed to be the source of the hadith. The hadith is supposed to explain the Quran. The BIG question is, "Who went on un authorized holiday for 28 WHOLE SURAS of the Quran ?!!!

The scholars insist that the hadith explains the Quran. Hence the scholars have to do away with 28 SURAS of the Quran because Bukhari did not explain these 28 SURAS..

Therefore the boast by the scholars that those who uphold the QURAN ALONE and do NOT depend on the hadith at all, cannot understand the Quran, falls FLAT on its face. The scholars are in a far worse situation. 28 Suras are missing and none of the other suras are explained in full by Bukhari.

To revert to the earlier point that the Persian Bukhari may not have known Arabic, this is suggested by the way Bukhari has changed the names of certain SURAS. By itself this is a strange phenomenon. The scholars themselves do NOT know why Bukhary did this.

Non-Arabs sometimes refer to a Sura by its first verse. This is because they may not have known the Arabic name for the SURA because they are not scholars of the Quran or simply because they are not Arabs. Bukhari displays the same characteristics.

Sura Al Naba (Sura 68) is labelled as Sura "Amma yatasa'alun", this is actually part of the first verse of the sura.. Sura Al Baiyina (Sura 98) is labelled as Sura "Lam Yakun". Again the beginning verses. Sura Al Takwir (Sura 81) is labelled Sura "Idhash Shamsu Kuwirat". This is the start of the first verse again. Sura Al Maarij (sura 70) is labelled Sura "Sa'ala
Sa'ilun".

Some SURAS have been given two names. Sura Al Insan (Sura 76) is labelled
Sura "Hal-Ata-insani" or Sura "Dahr".

But this is a revealing point because such labeling is more akin to reciters who are not Arabs, who do not know the Arabic language. Apart from the fact that Bukhari was Persian from Bukhara many scholars believe that he was also blind. The next question is "WHO WROTE the Sahih Bukhari?!" It will also be pertinent to see how Bukhari handles some of the explanations of the verses-if and when he cares to explain them.

For example some explanations end with a blank space.: Vol 6, Hadith number 50 seeks to explain Sura 2:223. After some narration it continues like this; Nafi' added regarding the verse: "So go to your tilth when or how you will. Ibn Umar said; " It means one should approach his wife in........" The explanation ends with a blank space. But not to worry. A footnote completes
the picture. The footnote says "Al Bukhary left a blank space here because he was not sure of what Ibn Umar had said !." And yet this called "Sahih Al Bukhary" Perhaps this is why some scholars have much problems in this department.

There is also one of the most foolish and incredible explanation by Bukhari for Sura 11:5. The beautiful meaning of the verse is actually :11:4 "To God is your return and He has power over all things." 11:5 "Behold ! They fold up their hearts, that they may be hid from him. Ah! Even when they cover themselves with their garments. He knows what they conceal, and what they reveal. For He knows well the (innermost secrets) of the hearts." 11:6 There is no moving creature on earth but its substance depends on God; He knows its resting place and its temporary deposit. All is in a clear Record." Translation by Presidency of Islamic Research, IFTA, Saudi Arabia..

This meaning is crystal clear. We all answer to God. There is nothing we can conceal from God. Every single thing that we do is in a clear Record. "Kitaab-un Maubeen". So do not think you can hide anything from God.

NOW, Here is Bukhari's ridiculous explanation of the same verse in 11:5. Vol. 6 Hadith no. 203: Narrated Muhammed bin Abbad bin Jaafar that he heard Ibn Abbas reciting: " No doubt! they fold up their breasts." 11:5 and asked him about the explanation. He said, "Some people used to hide themselves while answering the call of nature in an open space lest they be exposed to the sky, so the above revelation was sent down regarding them.

According to Bukhari, the whole purpose of this narration was to tell the Sahaba that God could see them defecating and sleeping in the desert!. According to Bukhari's logic then, after this verse was revealed, the Sahaba who travelled with their wives in the desert lost all their inhibitions, since God could see them anyway. No need to hide anything.

Similarly Bukhari twists sura 5:87. To explain "5:87" Bukhari first quotes it partially only, not in full, as follows : "O you who believe DO NOT make unlawful the good things which God has made for you" 5:87

The explanation by Bukhari (Vol.6 Hadith no. 139) is as follows : Narrated Abdullah "We used to participate in holy wars conducted by the prophet and we had no women with us. So, we said (to the prophet) "Shall we castrate ourselves "? But the prophet forbade us to do that and therefore he allowed us to marry a woman temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then the
prophet recited. "O you who believe ! Do not make unlawful for you...."There is a footnote "Temporary marriage (Mut'a) was allowed in the early days of Islam., but later, at the time of the Khaibar Battle, it was prohibited (God knows it better)."

The uncertainty in the footnote lends support to the fact that this is an evil lie against God and the prophet by Bukhari.

Sura 5:87 is actually as follows : "O you who believe, do not prohibit good things that are made lawful by GOD, and do not aggress; GOD dislikes the aggressors."

Is prostitution an excess ? Worse than that it is an evil. Which Muslim scholar will allow his daughter to receive "even a garment" as a payment for temporarily servicing the lusts of some Sahaba ? Note how the Bukhari has the sahaba coolly suggesting "Shall we castrate ourselves ?" as though it is done every morning after breakfast.

In Sura 24:33 God and the messenger told us: "Let those who find not the means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until God gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing, (for freedom) give them something yourselves out of the means which God has given you. But force NOT your girls into prostitution when they desire chastity, in order
that you make a gain in the goods of this life. If anyone compels them, (on them) God is forgiving, Merciful."

In other words, do not look for sex outside marriage. If you cannot marry, it is better to keep chaste. Control your lust. The messenger said do not force anyone into prostitution, but instead Bukhari says the messenger set the price for hanky panky at merely a piece of garment. This is Bukhari's malicious lie against the Messenger. In truth the messenger told his men to control their lusts : Sura 24:30 "Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty, that will be better purity for them, and God knows all that they do."

If anyone insisted on following their lusts, the Messenger would have told them " God doth wish to turn to you, but the wish of those who follow their lusts is that you should turn away from them, far away " Sura 4:27 (All translation from Presidency of Islamic Research, IFTA- Saudi Arabia).

The Quran is crystal clear. But Bukhari says you can but a woman for a price of cloth. Perhaps the scholars are gleeful at this suggestion also.

Here is another hadith that has neither head nor tail, It is started under "The book of the Virtues of the Quran". May God saves us. Vol 6, hadith No 503. Narrated Valium Utham. "I was informed that Gabriel came to the prophet while Um Salma was with him. Gabriel started talking (to the prophet). Then the prophet asked Um Salma, "Who is this ? " She replied "He is Dihya (Al
Kalbi). When Gabriel had left Um Salma said; "By God, I did not take him for anybody other than him ( i.e. Dihya) till I heard the sermon of the prophet wherein he informed about the news of Gabriel." The subnarrator asked Utham :
From whom have you heard that ? Utham said "From Usama Binzaid". God sent Gabriel with the revelations to be delivered to Muhammed. Therefore Gabriel delivered the revelations to Muhammed. But here Bukhari says the prophet did not know Gabriel had come to him. Instead he asks his wife !!. Was the prophet's wife a Messenger also, such that she could hear Gabriel?And she calls him strange names like Dihya and Al Kalbi.

There is some confusion. Is God that inefficient that His angel Gabriel is called Dihya and Kalbi, all in the course of duty of delivering revelations to His messenger Muhammed ?

Let us see 2:97-98: "Say, who is an enemy to Gabriel for he brings the revelation to thy heart by God's will, a confirmation of what went before. And Guidance and glad tidings for those who believe. Who ever is an enemy to God and His angels and prophets, to Gabriel and Michael, Lo..! God is an enemy to those who reject faith. "

Gabriel brings the revelation straight into the prophet's heart (alaiqa Qalbika bi idhnillah) with God's permission. But Bukhary says Gabriel just started talking and the Prophet did not know who it was. He had to ask his wife...!

"This is a revelation from the Lord of the universe. The Honest Spirit (Gabriel) came down with it. To reveal it into your heart, that you may be one of the warners. In a perfect Arabic tongue." (26:192-195)

Gabriel brought the revelation straight to the Prophet's heart . But Bukhari says the prophet had to ask his wife of Gabriel : "WHO IS THIS ?"

It is easy to refute the Christian argument by referring to his own Bible. In a similar way the "muslim" scholar who insists on giving eminence to fabricated hadith can be countered by referring to his own books written by the hands of their leaders like Imam Bukhari, without God's permission.

In Sura Al Baqarah, God says : "Therefore, woe to those who distort the scripture with their own hands, then say, "This is what GOD has revealed," seeking a cheap material gain. Woe to them for such distortion, and woe to them for their illicit gains." (2:79)

As stated earlier the hadith of Bukhari is not worth the paper it is printed on. By following such ludicrous hadith which clearly taint the good name of the Prophet Muhammed, the Muslims have been lost for over 1000 years now. They can only recall the glorious days of the Prophet. Little do they realize that during the glorious days there was no hadith. There was only the Quran.

Last edited by Nafi; October 5, 2007 at 04:35 PM..
Old October 5, 2007, 06:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
... the quran does not = hadith.

no muslim should have a problem with this. but how we do know for a fact that it is indeed "from the messenger (saw)"? if its guranteed, i'll take it.
Spot on. One must note that the difference between a semantic or cosmentic partnership or lack there of, and a de facto one is also important to consider ...

Quote:
The gravest crime the self-appointed scholars who claimed to be Muslim made was to give authority to the traditions (Sunna) and the books of Sayings (Hadith) ALONGSIDE the authority of God and His messenger. They believe that it was God who authorized such action by commanding the people to ‘obey God, and obey the messenger’…

"Whoever obeys the messenger has obeyed God; and whoever turns away, We have not sent you as a guardian over them." (The Message 4:80)

What is so sadly neglected is that the most critical aspects of the messenger’s life have been recorded and captured in the most detailed manner…not in the books of Hadith or tradition…but in the Holy Book itself. The questions that he was asked, and the answers (inspired by God) that he gave:

"They ask you about intoxicants and gambling. Say: 'In them is great harm, and a benefit for mankind; but their harm is greater than their benefit.' And they ask you how much are they to give, Say: 'The excess.' It is thus that God clarifies for you the revelations that you may think." (The Message 2:219)

"And they ask you concerning the Spirit. Say: 'The Spirit is from the command on my Lord, and the knowledge you were given was but very little.'" (The Message 17:85)

The list of questions and answers goes on throughout the Book of God…This is the life of the Messenger, and this is the ‘obedience’ of the messenger…Without ‘obeying the messenger’, we would inadvertently ignore nearly 1/3 of the Book of God which deals with his most authentic narrations authorized and inspired by God which we have been commanded to follow…

“Nor does he speak from personal desire. It is a divine inspiration." (The Message 53:3-4)

http://www.free-minds.org/
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 5, 2007 at 06:32 PM..
Old October 5, 2007, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Any idiot who accuses a great Sahabi like Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) of fabrication of Hadith is a deviant imposter. I can clearly see why Sunni muslims are so harsh with some of Shi'i extremists who ritually curses Sayyidina Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman (whom Allah is pleased with)...Talking about "anti-sectarianism"!!!
Such angry and bitter posts fool no one. I for one DO NOT wish for the poster to get banned from this forum despite what I as a member find to be clear violations of the spirit of its rules, and despite the thinly veiled personal and misconcieved communal attacks being sifted through a perceived loophole ...

After you have had enough venting, I would humbly suggest that you revisit the following Islamic etiquette as suggested by the Holy Quraan, suggestions which I hope the eminent leaders of the Madhab of your choice will not object to too much. The words in bold green may possibly be somewhat more relevant than others IMHO …

Quote:
Islamic Etiquette
By Layth (e-mail: laytth@hotmail.com)

Besides the laws revealed by GOD that were designed to govern our lives, the Quran has also indicated a list of 'Etiquette' which we are advised to maintain in our dealings with each other on this planet.

"This Reading (Quran) guides to the best path, and brings good news to the believers who lead a righteous life, that they have deserved a great recompense." (17:9)

The below list are not LAWS, but when GOD makes a recommendation, it is always very advisable for us to 'hear & obey' in a guarantee that it will lead to happiness for all involved.

Always Respond to a 'Greeting':

"When greeted with a greeting, you shall respond with a better greeting or at least an equal one. GOD reckons all things." (4:86)

"O ye who believe! When ye go abroad in the cause of Allah, investigate carefully, and say not to any one who offers you a salutation: "Thou art not a believer!"..." (4:94)

Always Say 'Good' things:

"Do you not see that GOD has cited the example of a good word as a good tree whose root is firmly fixed, and its branches are high in the sky. It produces its crop every season, as designed by its Lord. GOD thus cites the examples for the people, that they may take heed." (14:24-25)

Be 'Humble', and speak 'Lightly':

"Walk humbly and lower your voice, the ugliest voice is the donkey's voice." (31:19)

Invite to GOD with wisdom and kindness:

"Invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones." (16:125)

"It was mercy from GOD that you became compassionate towards them. Had you been harsh and mean-hearted, they would have abandoned you. Therefore, you shall pardon them and ask forgiveness for them, and consult them. Once you make a decision, carry out your plan, and trust in GOD. GOD loves those who trust in Him." (3:159)

Be Kind to your parents:

"Your Lord has decreed that you shall not worship except Him, and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably. And lower for them the wings of humility, and kindness, and say, "My Lord, have mercy on them, for they have raised me from infancy." (17:23-24)

Suppress Anger & Forgive People:

"who (the righteous) give to charity during the good times, as well as the bad times. They are suppressors of anger, and pardoners of the people. GOD loves the charitable." (3:134)

Counter Evil with Good:

"Not equal is the good response and the bad response. You shall resort to the nicest possible response. Thus, the one who used to be your enemy, may become your best friend." (41:34)

"They steadfastly persevere in seeking their Lord, observe the Link (Salat), spend from our provisions to them secretly and publicly, and counter evil with good. These have deserved the best abode." (13:22)

Do NOT Say 'Bad' things:

"And the example of the bad word is that of a bad tree chopped at the soil level; it has no roots to keep it firm." (14:26)

Do NOT be 'Arrogant' or 'Carefree':

"You shall not treat the people with arrogance, nor shall you roam the earth carefree. GOD does not like the arrogant showoffs." (31:18)

Do NOT engage in 'ignorant' talk:

"The servants of the Almighty are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace." (25:63)

Do NOT Curse the Idolaters:

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (6:108)

Do NOT make fun of others, or call them names:

"O you who believe, no people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent after this, these are the transgressors." (49:11)

Do NOT be suspicious, or spy on one another, or backbite:

"O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first investigate, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done." (49:6)

"O you who believe, you shall avoid any suspicion, for even a little bit of suspicion is sinful. You shall not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite one another; this is as abominable as eating the flesh of your dead brother. You certainly abhor this. You shall observe GOD. GOD is Redeemer, Most Merciful." (49:12)

Do NOT be 'Racist':

"O people, We created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant." (49:13)

http://www.free-minds.org/articles/q.../etiquette.htm
Being accused of "blasphemy" for propagating the Holy Quraan and ONLY the Holy Quraan from those who perhaps inadvertently set up scholars and imams as de facto partners with Allah - scholars and imams who took it upon themselves to give authority to the Sunnah and the Hadith ALONGSIDE the authority of Allah and His Messenger as revealed and FULLY CONTAINED in the Holy Quraan is hardly surprising at all.

For the record, and in good faith response to yet another expected and vicious attack, I am an anti-sectarian, "Unitarian" Muslim as per the letter and spirit of the Holy Quraan, NOT A SHIA OR SUNNI in terms of my understanding of Islamic sects.

That said, there have been many Sunni, Shia and Sufi scholars, among quite a few "non-Muslim" ones from other faiths who have added deeply to my faith since my willful submission, and continue to do so with their illuminating and erudite ideas and insights. I have no desire to rule the world, “convert” anybody to my particular ways, or territorialize their individual Deen in any manner whatsoever. I am simply making information available to everyone in this pluralist forum, and occasionally expressing my views on the information being shared without any ulterior motives or “hidden” agenda, or any malicious intent towards those comfortable in their faith.

Quote:
This website has been created for all people who have a desire to allow God into their lives and follow His path alone...

This website invites all people of various beliefs (Sunni, Shia, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Bahai, Agnostic, Humanist, and even Atheists) to come and examine for themselves the system of Submission/Islam which is based on God Alone.

Many of you may outwardly be content with your current faith or that which you inherited from your parents and community...but to some out there, there will always be a tugging at the back of their mind that 'there is something more', and that 'some things don't always make sense'...

If you are one of those people, then open your eyes, put on your thinking cap, and welcome to an open examination of the system of Submission/Islam which very few know about...

http://www.free-minds.org/
The key word is INVITE, not “coerce” or “impose”.

I shall respond to all attacks from with the following verses from the Quraan: -

Quote:
"...We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance, and mercy, and good news for the submitters/muslims." (16:89)

"Shall I seek other than GOD as a judge, when He revealed THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? (6:114)

"The word of your Lord is COMPLETE in truth & justice." (6:115)

"Say (O Muhammad), 'Whose testimony is greater?' Say, 'God is the witness between me and you that THIS QURAN was given to me to preach it to you, and to whomever it reaches.' However, you certainly bear witness that you set up other gods beside. Say, 'I will never do what you are doing; I disown your idol-worship.'" (6:19)

"When our verses are recited for them, those who do not expect to meet us would say, 'Bring a Quraan other than this, or change it.' Say (O Muhammad), 'I cannot change it on my own initiative. I simply follow what is revealed to me. I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the retribution of a terrible day.' ...Who is more wicked than one who invents lies about God, or rejects His revelations? The guilty never succeed. Yet, they idolize beside God those who possess no power to harm them or benefit them, and say, 'These are our intercessors with God.' ...such is idol-worship." (10:15-18)

"The followers will say to their leaders, "It was you who schemed night and day, then commanded us to be unappreciative of GOD, and to set up partners to rank with Him." They will be ridden with remorse, when they see the retribution, for we will place shackles around the necks of those who disbelieved. Are they not justly requited for what they did?" (34:33)

"Why do they not study the Quraan? Or are their locks on their hearts?" (47:24)

"When they are told, "Follow what GOD has revealed herein," they say, "We follow only what we found our parents doing." What if their parents did not understand, and were not guided?. The example of those who reject is that of one who repeats what he hears of sounds and calls, without understanding. Deaf, dumb, and blind; they cannot understand." (2:170-171)

"And who is more wicked than one who is reminded of his Lord’s verses but he turned away from them, and he forgot what his hands had done. We have made veils upon their hearts from understanding them, and a deafness in their ears. And if you invite them to the guidance, they will never be guided." (The Message 18:57)
A gentle reminder to those who fear death and believe that scholars and imams, not good intent complimenting good deeds, will "intercede" on their behalf when the time comes …

Quote:
"Say, 'To God belongs ALL INTERCESSION. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, then to Him you will be returned.' When GOD ALONE is advocated, the hearts of those who do not believe in the hereafter shrink with aversion. But when idols are mentioned along with Him, they become satisfied." (39:45)

"Spend from our provisions to you before a day comes wherein there will be no trade, no nepotism, and NO INTERCESSION." (2:254)

"Beware of the day when no soul will help another soul, no ransom will be accepted, NO INTERCESSION will be useful, and no one will be helped."
(2/123)
And that we are responsible for our own actions …

Quote:
"That is because God was not to change anything He bestowed to a people, unless they change what is in themselves. God is Hearer, Knowledgeable." (The Message 8:53)
This post will be my repeated response to all accusations, name-calling, and no doubt "refutations" in the future from all those who at times inadvertently try "refute" something without the in-depth, 360 degree knowledge of what they're "refuting". Since this will be a perpetual response to all personal attacks, name-calling, slander, malicious misdirection, and intolerant, attempted imposition masquerading as “refutation” and debate, please feel free to quote yourself and copy and paste it after such posts. If you don’t, I certainly will.

A good faith, real refutation which displays detailed knowledge of the posts, on the other hand, is most welcome ...

Peace, Sohel
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 7, 2007 at 10:38 PM..
Old September 16, 2010, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

just wanted to revive this thread:

I want to make one simple point, for this reason i am reviving this thread:

the sole reason why "Sunnis" take a super harsh stance against people(not just shia's but anyone) who curses sahabah(May Allah be pleased with them)) or insults them or claims their speech to be false is because is because is because they were the closest people of RasulUllah(may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) the closest people of RasulUllah(may ALlah's peace and blessings be upon him) who understood the qur'an and lived up to it word by word! these are the people who will be the the first people to enter paradise, true servants of Allah! they sacrificed more than any one of you and me they sacrificed so much in the path of Allah....because of their efforts, we have 1.2 billion people celebrating E'id and benefitting from Islam all over the world.

these are the people whom Allah is pleased with as mentioned in Qur'an!( look up surah bayyinah! it has eight verses and it is in between surah zilzal and surah qadr)...look up surah tawbah as well....9th surah of qur'an!

it is possible they may make mistakes, for they were human.we should respect them for whom they were

in any case: cursing another human being/being racist shows how low someone can go to defame someone else to prove a trivial point.....

that is all what i wanted to say.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
al Furqaan ... you just made my day.

Came to BC for a quick check on the latest posts and was quite dismayed at some of the pathetic posts that betray the lack of knowledge and heart. I did not want to start a futile exercise by responding to those posts and getting bogged down in any idiotic argument.

But then I read al Furqan's post. And I had to log in and share my delight at seeing such a refreshing post. Intelligent, full of heart, not afraid. I guess this is what you call an educated person with a great upbringing. Carry on man.

I shall second this. Great post al Furqan! Very insightful. And I agree with it too.

EDIT: LOL Did not realise how old this thread was :P

Last edited by Akib; September 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM..
Old September 18, 2010, 01:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

the sole reason why "Sunnis" take a super harsh stance against people(not just shia's but anyone) who curses sahabah(May Allah be pleased with them)) or insults them or claims their speech to be false is ....

in any case: cursing another human being/being racist shows how low someone can go to defame someone else to prove a trivial point.....
As'salamu alaikum Rifat,
Firstly, I would have liked had you added the word "some" before Sunnis.

Secondly, the "super harsh stance" you mentioned what it could be? By any chance, could it be "cursing"?

How then we are better than the other group who curses the sahabah(May Allah be pleased with them)?
Old September 18, 2010, 02:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

This is a good thread from AF and some very good posts where lots of questions raised and felt encouraged to explore my religion more. Thanks for that.
Old September 19, 2010, 11:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

A bold and couregeous thread, AF, lot of learning and careful analysis involved in here.