facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 9, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

BDFlag Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Australia, 2nd ODI at SBNS, April 11, 2011 (09:30 local | 03:30 GMT)

Bangladesh Squad|| Aussie Squad

Sunny

22 - 32° C

BanglaCricket Coverage

_______
About Venue
_______
BanglaCricket Chat
_______
Live Scores
_______

Last edited by magic boy; April 9, 2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old April 9, 2011, 11:15 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i have a feeling that we'll win this match...
Old April 9, 2011, 11:20 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Odi??? Ami to mone korchi test series cholteche, no?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 9, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I will try to avoid this game. Don't want to waste my time on players who doesn't play to win.
Old April 9, 2011, 11:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

its a tesodi...aus playing odi and bd playing test...a new format of cricket soon to be very popular among Siddons lovers
Old April 9, 2011, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Time for siddons to go

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 9, 2011, 01:34 PM
Street Cricketer

Tamim
Imrul
Nafees
Sakib
Riyad
Mushy
Hom
Mash
Shuvo
Razzak
Shafiul

I have always been a supporter of Rakib, but i think he has been given enough chance to prove that he is just not cut out to be a international level player.

Nafees should continue this series and be dropped if fails for a newcomer

Shakib should definitely bat at no. 4 since he is out best batsman after Tamim and can rotate the strike better than others in the team.

Riyad has the best record playing at no. 5 in domestic league, not sure why he is still batting in no. 7.

Time to try out HOM, he bowled decent, matter of fact good in practice match
Old April 9, 2011, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yeah shuvagoto in for rokibul.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 9, 2011, 01:42 PM
Cricket Legend

thank GOD....finally the BC banner of " we believe " has been removed.... i dont believe in this team anymore unless someone plays to win rather than scoring for themselves.
Old April 9, 2011, 01:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Player Who Can Play ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Yeah shuvagoto in for rokibul.

It's ok as we never gonna bat well ever but Roqibul scored more runs than anyone else against Aussies so far in the practice match despite Tamim ;

But that was huge joke remove the wall of Bangladesh innings we played like test matches today as it was ok nothing wrong with that ;

We still lost by huge margin anything over 50+ win is always a big win no matter how well we bat ;

Positive things to be taken as Aussies couldn't take our all wickets so it means we can bat first in the next few matches ;

We don't believe in that Bangladesh team anymore to win against the Aussies or against India and RSA , we should try the others like Kiwis and Zimbabwe for instance ;

Whoever wants Bangladesh to win the series they should think about the reality first ;
Old April 9, 2011, 04:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Bismillahir rahman ir rahim.

Come on boys !
Old April 9, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Welcome V.T. to the match thread opening club, Can't wait to see you in Zeeshan's "Hall of Fame"
Old April 9, 2011, 07:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Regarding the previous match:

I was happy with the result and effort barring a couple of things:

on a turning pitch like this, forget 270? 200 was always difficult to get for Bangladesh, especially against Australia. Perhaps we gave away 40 runs extra on the field in particular the last two overs and when initially the pacers were getting hammered!

We lost by 60 runs! This is far better than the Australia tour when we got out for 74 all out!

They batted sensibly and did a decent job.

Things i am upset about:

*)Mahmudullah Riyad should bat at #3(if he is still tried and kept in the squad) . The way he plays is that he builds an innings. He looks decent against both Pace and Spin. He can also rotate strike and play all around the park. We need more stability in the top order. I think he should be tried in #3.

*)Shahriar Nafees still has trouble against quality pacemen particularly early on. I would prefer to see Nafees at #4 after the 10th over when the new ball has lost some of its shine.

*) Kapali or Hom should be tried. We need some aggressive batsmen who can take pressure off our more dependable players! I was surprised not to see any of them.

*) Rokibul Hasan has lost that art of playing all around the park. this is why his strike rate is so low because his change in approach of the game since his rookie season means that he has not been able to hit the ball all around the park. I think he needs some serious time off the national team and sort this issue out. I still feel that he is a great batsmen and he still has time to improve.

the way we played, 230 was more than chase-able and gettable. provided that we had one more dependable aggressive batsmen and we conceded a few less runs on the field. otherwise I am proud of Shakib that he came back strongly as a captain and as a batsmen after a difficult world cup.

Alhamdulillah! I am happy and I am still optimistic about this tour! given we fix a couple of technical issues, we may be just may be able to win one of the two remaining ODIs!
Old April 9, 2011, 08:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

If Australia scores 200 we will score 140/4 in 50 overs. Our players don't have the intent to win, they only care about personal milestone brainwashed by Siddons.

@Rifat - Did you watch the match? I think you just checked the scorecard in cricinfo after the game was over.
Old April 9, 2011, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Performing Tigers

Hello Everyone !!!

Inshallah, we'll win the 2nd ODI but idk if i'll watch the game live!

Go
Old April 9, 2011, 09:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
If Australia scores 200 we will score 140/4 in 50 overs. Our players don't have the intent to win, they only care about personal milestone brainwashed by Siddons.

@Rifat - Did you watch the match? I think you just checked the scorecard in cricinfo after the game was over.
accha munnabhaia amra pari na keno?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 9, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Shakib ke age thekei ask korte hobe- Tomader ei match ta jetar kono ichha ase?
If not, then I would rather go out and enjoy my vacation than watch the game.

Old April 9, 2011, 10:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

I will be in the Stadiums again, and for the full game i hope.

I expect some improvement of the team.
Old April 9, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai

I disagree! I call this improvement because two years ago, when we played new zealand and we restricted to 212 and we still failed to win(2nd ODI, october 2008) if we batted like yesterday in that game we probably would have won easily, because we took very few risks while we batted yesterday! while two years ago, there was absolutely no batting gameplan!

I did see the match.until the 40th over. then i fell asleep!

When Tamim and Shakib did had the intent to win, the moment they tried to slog a shot to the boundary they got out! Had they tried that earlier, They would have gotten out earlier and we would have ended up with around 170ish!

secondly, Most of the players are currently out of form, most of them have not gotten a fifty in the last 6 or 5 ODI's. That's why they didn't take that risk of trying that "extra shot" against quality bowling. the truth of our strength is being exposed because we consistently play weaker opponents like Zimbabwe far too often(even then we lose one here and there) now the true reality of our batting strength is being exposed.

another problem is that most of the time in the run chase, there were too many dot balls, which created the extra pressure.

If we compare Bangladeshi batsmen with Australian batsmen, there is a MASSIVE gap in experience, shot selection, and the ability to handle pressure. Australian batsmen many a times in the innings took sixes of good deliveries, they know how to find the gap scoring off good deliveries, our batsmen(majority of them) can't simply do that. this is where the difference lies and this is where those extra 40 runs( i say 40 runs because we did give them 30 extra runs i think from poor bowling!) difference come from! to be able to get to that level of scoring off good deliveries consistently for over a year, our boys need to play more quality cricket. our players come to international cricket not as prepared as they should be. majority of these players made it to the national team because they had good success in the U-19 team. this is what happens when we expect a cat to do a tiger's job. sometimes they will bite(Anher bro's avatar ) other times they will go to sleep.

Reality Bites: Fans can't handle the truth!
Old April 9, 2011, 11:00 PM
Cricket Sage

another reason why I am optimistic about this tour because Australia are not as strong as they used to be: This is most probably the weakest International Australia side we have seen since 1996. It is not impossible to beat them. we just have to make sure we do not concede those extra runs and we also have to make sure we have batsmen who can comfortably play all around the park, score runs with ease and confidence. Without trying any extravagant unnecessary shots a batsmen who can play all around the park will easily get his strike rate above 80; This methodology is more than good enough to stay alive in the game and use power-play to its optimum advantage. we are lacking that extra batsmen who can do that.(perhaps Shubhagauto Hom? Kapali? Who knows?)
Old April 9, 2011, 11:04 PM
Cricket Sage

another point to note: In the recent Banglawash New Zealand did post scores around 220ish we did chase them down didn't we? the difference lies in the quality of opposition: New Zealand doesn't have a Michael Clarke or Ricky Ponting who can make that difference between 270 and 220. Australia does!(well, New Zealand does have a few good batsmen who are as good as Ponting and Clarke on their day, but not as consistent!)
Old April 9, 2011, 11:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Top notch match thread magic-boy bhai. i really like ur touch of the maps. InshAllah this will bring us luck.

I look at that picture and i wonder where is thy shahriar nafees of long hair who played with such confidence in that tour?
Old April 9, 2011, 11:19 PM
Cricket Sage

We should never stop playing cricket. the moment we stop playing cricket, we are back to square one!(or square zero)
Old April 9, 2011, 11:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Nice thread magic bhai. I really hope you bring us some much needed luck.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 9, 2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

so much negativity in attitude in 1st match, still making team for 2nd ODI

tamim
kayes
shahriar nafees (last chance)
riad
shakib
mushfiq (or any tokai from street who can talk nonstop)
shuvagoto
shuvo
razzaq
mashrafe
rubel