facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 4, 2013, 04:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Ban on airing cartoon Doraemon demanded

Quote:
Ruling party lawmaker Shahriar Alam on Sunday demanded immediate ban on airing of the Hindi-dubbed Japanese cartoon Doraemon in the country.Reading out a notice of public importance, he told the parliament that television stations should air foreign cartoon serials containing Bangla translation.

The Speaker did not accept the notice, but the lawmaker got two minutes to read out the notice in line with the Rules of Procedure of the parliament.

Apprehending negative effect of the cartoon, Shahriar observed that this type of cartoon might change our mother tongue in the near future.

He mentioned that Doraemon serial only taught about telling lies and speaking Hindi. “We should immediately ban its telecast”.
He also called for slapping restriction on airing of all hindi cartoons in the country.
DailyStar

Great call. Appreciate his concern.

Old February 4, 2013, 04:38 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

why a Japanese cartoon is airing in hindi?
Old February 4, 2013, 04:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
bhai ar boilen na. Emon kono channel nai je hindi te dub kora hoy na. Sports channel theke shuru kore Discovery porjonto shob channel indian ra dub kore televise kore. ei shob channel gula south asian countries gula te broadcast kora hoy. Even ekhon Cricket khelao hindi te commentate kora hoy ebong hindi te score dekhano hoy !!! Deshe giye na dekhle believe korben na !
Old February 4, 2013, 09:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
You have no idea how popular Doraemon is in Bangladesh. Its more popular (if that is possible) than Bieber to an US teenage girl.
Old February 4, 2013, 10:45 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Doraemon has always been popular since it inception (1969). I used to watch it on tv when I was 6/7 in Japan (ahh... good ol days.. haven't watched an episode in ages). I believe it is still extremely popular in Japan.

Now, Doraemon in Hindi is just not acceptable. Either air in dubbed English or Bangla; I would even take the original Japanese.

Still love the theme song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l-r7_f0CVs

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 4, 2013, 10:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
You have no idea how popular Doraemon is in Bangladesh. Its more popular (if that is possible) than Bieber to an US teenage girl.
my post was to do with the hindi dub... why not get the English one
Old February 4, 2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Not only Doraemon, few more populer Japanese cartoons are airing in Hindi in Bangladesh cable TV channels. It is normal that Indian cable TV operators would air in Hindi, but blame should be on our cable TV operators since THEY should arrange airing in Bangla in Bangladesh.
Old February 4, 2013, 12:06 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^ The quality of Bangla dubbing is often horrible. They tried to dub Harry Potter - to really poor effect. So, unless the quality of that improves, I'd prefer to see my younger cousins watching Doraemon, Dragonball Z, etc. in English...
Old February 4, 2013, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

IMO Hindi dubbing cant be a ligit reason to ban a program, as there are plenty such other Hindi tv channels airing in BD as well. TBH Got no idea about Doraemon myself, as wiki says, its from a manga story of a robot cat from future time travelled in present. When I was a kid I used to be very fond of "Thunder Cats", thats also a story similar to 'Transformers' as for few refuged alien race but in cats genre instead of robots. Dont see why kids wont love such cartoons with good fantasy. Here how wiki describes Doraemon which sounds fine to me-
Quote:
A majority of Doraemon episodes are comedies with lessons regarding values such as honesty, perseverance, courage, family and respect for elders. Various environmental issues are often visited, including homeless animals, global warming, endangered species, deforestation, and pollution. Miscellaneous educational topics such as dinosaurs, the flat Earth theory, wormhole traveling, Gulliver's Travels, and the history of Japan are often covered.
wiki
Here I found this complain about Doraemon which could be more a valid reason to ban.
Quote:
I am disgusted with this programme DORAEMON, especially with Nobita (main role of a kid) who uses gadgets supplied by Doraemon (robot cat) to get what he wants. Also, the way Nobita behaves, like does not do his home-work, does not do any house work, turns a deaf ear towards his mother. Are our children to be subjected to such antics? Today, I was watching the programme where Nobita’s mother tells him to run some errands. Nobita tells his mother, you, yourself do the work? Would any parent like their children to talk to them in this manner? My son watches every episode and he behaves the same like Nobita.
I am sure every Indian Parent will agree with me that their children are intelligent and they do not need a DOREAMON to help them. What is the programme trying to put across to our children? I strongly believe that this programme should go off air or the script should be changed as it is sending wrong messages to our children.
http://hissingkitty.com/complaints/d...bad-influence/
Old February 4, 2013, 01:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
my post was to do with the hindi dub... why not get the English one
these cartoons are not aired in bangladeshi channels, but aired in hindi channels which are as usual aired in bangladesh. So can't complain about their hindi dub, in another channel it is also aired in english but the hindi one is more popular, guess hindi is more easy to understand. Doreemon is now badly affecting our younger generation, i have a distant relative whose daughter is craze over it and she behaves abnormally all day like what doreemon does, got complains from school and they are running over psychiatrics
Old February 4, 2013, 01:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Finally, a MP doing something appreciable.
But then again, wrong approach to a right cause.

You dont ban Dorimon, you just need to ban the hindi version of it.
Just ban the transmission of hindi version of English channels, including Cartoon Network.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old February 4, 2013, 06:04 PM
Cricket Sage

I don't think banning one specific show will make any difference. It's not like these are Bangla channel's airing hindi cartoon. Since the channels are Indian I would assume everything being aired in these channes are in Hindi. So wouldn't they need to ban the entire channel? Which will probably never happen.
Old February 4, 2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
You dont ban Dorimon, you just need to ban the hindi version of it.
Just ban the transmission of hindi version of English channels, including Cartoon Network.
Despite how much we raise a hue and cry about hindi dubbed channels taking over our cable tv, the fact is that we Bangladeshi consumers of cable TV are no longer interested in watching the English Cartoon Network, or English speaking Channel V Asia or MTV Asia or HBO or Star Sports for that matter ~ we like our TV in Hindi dubbing with Hindi speaking presenters.

We dont want English in our TV watching lives! The cable operators only cater to that need. Go to any mofussul shohor, or my gramer bari, and you'll see that only Hindi and Bangla channels are broadcast. So why complain about Cartoon Network dubbed in Hindi, when its okay to watch Star Sports or Doordarshan sports in Hindi?
Old February 5, 2013, 02:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Doraemon is heaps popular. I hope they air the Japanese version of it in Bangladesh so that my young relatives learn Japanese!!
Old February 5, 2013, 03:15 AM
Cricket Guru

All those channels (Star network, MTV, channel [V], Cartoon Network, Sports channels, Discovery, NatGeo etc etc) have regional settings. They have Indian sub-continent, South East Asia, Oceania segment for this part of the world. They televise all the programs in hindi for Indian sub-continent area. Now, all we need to do this move the satellite a bit and catch all the channels for other region which are in English. But i don't think this will gonna happen. After all, we people like hindi programs, don't we ?
Old February 5, 2013, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Back in the early 90's we used to have only star sports (singapore) but it was so much fun to watch. The broadcast was not geared towards viewers of one region... You used to get all the grandslam tennis live (all matches), Also F1 and Cricket.

Now... its all cricket and all india...
Old February 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I am told Sisimpur (Bangladeshi version of Sesame street) that airs on BTV is very popular (not sure if thats among city kids or mohfoshol kids)...

my point being, there is a big market of Bangla cartoons/kid shows and with 25+ private channels there in BD, someone needs to venture into this almost untapped market.

ekta sports channel & ekta channel for kids ekhon shomoyer dabi.... sigh... ekta political 'mama' thakle dekhay ditam....
Old February 5, 2013, 06:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Off-topic: With the advent of computer animation and availability of cutting-edge software, there was no attempt yet to create full length animated movie in Bangladesh.
Old February 5, 2013, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Off-topic: With the advent of computer animation and availability of cutting-edge software, there was no attempt yet to create full length animated movie in Bangladesh.
You haven't heard of 'Murgi keno mutant'?
Old February 15, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Update:

Quote:
ডোরেমন বন্ধ

শিশুদের পড়ালেখার জন্য ক্ষতিকর বিবেচনা করে কার্টুন ডোরেমন সম্প্রচার বন্ধ করেছে সরকার।

এক সংসদ সদস্য ডিজনি চ্যানেলে সম্প্রচারিত এই কার্টুনটি সম্প্রচার বন্ধের আহ্বান জানানোর ১১ দিনের মধ্যে তথ্যমন্ত্রী বৃহস্পতিবার সংসদে একথা জানিয়েছেন।
হাসানুল হক ইনু বলেন, কার্টুন ছবি ডোরেমন প্রচারে শিশুদের পড়ালেখার পরিবেশ বিনষ্ট হবে, এটা সরকারের কাম্য নয়।
“ইতোমধ্যে সরকার অনুমোদনহীন বিদেশি স্যাটেলাইট টেলিভিশন চ্যানেল ডিজনি, ডিজনি এক্সডি ও পোগো সম্প্রচার বন্ধের নির্দেশনা দিয়ে বিজ্ঞপ্তি জারি করেছে। এর ফলে ডোরেমন কার্টুন সম্প্রচার বন্ধ হয়েছে।”

ডিজনি চ্যানেলে প্রচারিত জাপানি কার্টুন ডোরেমন দেশে শিশুদের মধ্যে বেশ জনপ্রিয়। তবে হিন্দিতে ভাষান্তরিত এই কার্টুন নিয়ে উদ্বেগ রয়েছে অনেক অভিভাবকের।হাফিজ উদ্দিন আহম্মেদের এক প্রশ্নের জবাবে ডোরেমন সম্প্রচার বন্ধের বিষয়টি মন্ত্রী জানান।

“দেশের সংস্কৃতির পরিপন্থী কোনো বিষয় যাতে প্রচার না হয়, সে বিষয়ে সরকার সতর্ক এবং এ ধরনের বিষয় প্রচার হলে আইন অনুযায়ী ব্যবস্থা নেয়া হবে।”
ইনু জানান, বিদেশি যেসব চ্যানেল বাংলাদেশের ইতিহাস, সংস্কৃতিতে বিরূপ প্রভাব ফেলতে পারে, সেই সব চ্যানেল বন্ধের ব্যবস্থাও নেয়া হচ্ছে।
বাংলাদেশের চ্যানেল ভারতে প্রচারের ব্যবস্থা নেয়া হয়েছে বলেও জানান তিনি।
তথ্যমন্ত্রী বলেন, বিদ্যমান আমদানি নীতিতে বাংলাদেশে ভারতীয় চলচ্চিত প্রদর্শনের কোনো সুযোগ নেই।
Old February 15, 2013, 01:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Oh, thanks. Ekhon hindi and indian bangla serial gulu bondho kora jay na ? Deshtake puro noshto kore dilo.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)