facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Default A Little Concern - Have they practiced in the same nets?

I would rather like to say I am curious than little concern .

As a batsman, I know it's much more easier to face a bowler in the match whom I already faced in practices. It gives you lot more confidence which is a very essential part of batting. Are the players of Asia XI practicing in the same nets? I would imagine, they are (as a unit). If so, then Mahela, Jaysuria and other SL players have already practiced against our top 2 bowlers - Mashrafi and Rafiq. They must learn the strength of our top two bowlers - specially what's their special deliveries, what is their weekness, how is their thinking etc. Now, one may argue that Mahela or Jaysuria already played big enough innings against these bowlers and they know exactly how these two bowlers are. Match and practice are completely two different stage and you face a bowler in the practice with less mental pressure. Practicing against our bowlers in the nets would definitely boost their confidence in batting in upcoming SL vs. BD serries.

On the other hand, if our bowlers are smart enough, I am sure they were also able to learn the weakest link of those classy batsmans by looking into them so closely in the nets. I am very much curious and looking forward to the fight between Mehela-Jaysuria Vs Mashrafi-Rafiq during upcoming serries .

Where I would like to take most of the possitives from this Afro-Asia serries, I would also like to invite your thoughts/comments on this issue. What do you think?

Old June 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

great point, but its not the first time they will face our bowlres. Also when practising in nets all the bowler holds back a bit, unless he is someone new and trying to impress the others. And Mash and Rafique are clever enough to hold back their main weapon
Old June 9, 2007, 04:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

wot u have sed is true and can go both way, it depends hoo is the more cleverer. our bowlers or their batsmen
Old June 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

That is a good point but I think those batsmen have had experience against the bowlers before and so the effect is reduced.
Old June 9, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

I think in games like these you'll hardly see players put their best foot forward. Professional atheletes know when to conceal their skills and when to reveal them.
Old June 9, 2007, 08:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Well, our bowlers now know more about Mahela and Joya... My concern is both of them are good batsmen and on top of that they have home field advantage.
If we have any success such as respectable loss or close fight in the upcoming SL series, I would say it lies on our batters to keep their wickets and score some runs to defend
Old June 9, 2007, 08:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

with the exception of isolated performances by some of our boys here and there, it won't be pretty ... my heart tells me other things off course.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 11, 2007 at 01:57 PM..
Old June 10, 2007, 02:14 AM
Test Cricketer

I'm sure Mashrafee and Rafique will be holding back a lot of their deliveries. I don't think it will give the SL batsmen any great advantage.
Old June 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

A very good point Sar2005.
Very good observation.
But i think players from both camps are smart enought to know what to do.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 10, 2007, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Yeah they did practised ..=) But well.. they know what they have to do anyway.
Old June 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Match and practice are completely two different stage and you face a bowler in the practice with less mental pressure.
You've answered your own question for the most part here, I guess.

Quote:
On the other hand, if our bowlers are smart enough, I am sure they were also able to learn the weakest link of those classy batsmans by looking into them so closely in the nets.
Well to some extent, and the reason follows.

Quote:
Where I would like to take most of the possitives from this Afro-Asia serries, I would also like to invite your thoughts/comments on this issue. What do you think?
Okay, so I would like to know what the positives are of having this tournament. In my list, they're the following:

1. Learning to play with completely different group of people, who you've never played with in the same team. It tests your agility.

2. To learn how the [supposedly] best performers from the participating countries think. They may think of the game in a completely different way. It's like learning at work.

3. Giving you an idea of how you would face the opponents with the GIVEN talents (supposedly, their best 11), and what type of features your team needs under such conditions.

I guess, all these three are my top expectations. They may or may not have been learnt in this tournament. But given Mashrafee/Rafiq/Razzak/Tamim, these guys are fast learners. And they will be able to bring those valuable lessons from this tournament. On the other hand, if you want to get these, you must sacrifice SOMETHING. And that something is your thought pattern, which you must give in order to get theirs.

At the end of the day, this tournament is for making money. But if there are positives that can be taken out of these, the above are what I think they are.
Old June 10, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
You've answered your own question for the most part here, I guess.

1. Learning to play with completely different group of people, who you've never played with in the same team. It tests your agility.
I guess you mean flexibility
Old June 10, 2007, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Nice post Kabir. I completely agree with your post regarding the possitives.
Actually I was more concern about upcoming SL vs BD.

Guys, I will take most of your posts that probably our players have not given houndred percent in the nets against their own Asia xi batsmans
Old June 11, 2007, 02:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Will be helpful for Mashrafee and Rafique. To know more about the batsmen helps defensive bowlers who works on the patience of the batsmen by reducing the scoring shots.
Old June 11, 2007, 01:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mahela being the captain exactly knows what to expect from Mash and Rafiq. As for Jaya he may be resting. I don't think players practiced much. They may have mingled but didn't go to the nets.