facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2006, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Given the overall performance of the Kenyan in the recent series against Zimbabwe, inshaallah, we will win 4-0.

We must win 4-0 for the Champions Trophy qualifying matches. A 3-1 will be sufficient though.

Old March 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

After reading the following article, It became clear to me why we had to Play with Kenya and why Zimbabwe WERE reluctant to participate in a triangular series.
ICC Cricket World Cup ranking dialemma
Old March 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Gentlemen! Gentlemen! If I wasn't clear enough in the beginning of the thread. Let me repeat myself with a little more emphasis, "We will wipe the floor with the Kenyans."
Upon reading the affore cited qoute from Zobair, Kenyan captain Tikolo muttered something unintelligible in a undetermined language. NSA experts howevr are 99% confident that loosely translated he said : Orey bap re bap...
Old March 4, 2006, 10:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

hehe...seems like I may have come off too strong with my words. I meant no disrespect to the Kenyans. Its just that I genuinely think ours is a much more improved ODI outfit, beginning to really milk the home advantage factor (instead of crumbling under 'home' expectations), confident in their abilities, and the current bunch has seen unprecedented success as a team for good 15 months now. The Kenyans are still looking to rebuild their team, after whole cricket crisis in that country (inept administration and match-fixing) and I will keep it at that. Kenya's best shot will be the first match of the series since we are still notoriously unsure starters.
Old March 5, 2006, 12:49 AM
Test Cricketer

If we win against Kenya 4-0..how much will our rating be ????

How many matches did kenya win so far????and we wont jst 11 so far...rite???

so..after the kenya series Inshallah we win15 al together and how about Kenya????
Old March 5, 2006, 01:17 AM
First Class Cricketer

Will ESPN broadcast Bangladesh-Kenya matches ?
Old March 5, 2006, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Probrbly no,if so they will not give any money to BCCB
Old March 5, 2006, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Dont under estimate Kenya....and as we all know...BD batting is never consistent. So I should not be surprised if we loose by 3-1.

However, I can almost say that we will wipe kenya off by 4-0 if and only if we can show more consistency(in batting) in our next test match...ie.... 250+ in both innings
Old March 6, 2006, 03:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Cricinfo Verdict!

Quote:

Zimbabwe vs. Kenya Series Review

What this did show was that these two sides are probably scrapping for 10th and 11th places in the world rankings. The series between Bangladesh and Kenya later this month should confirm that there is now a big and growing gulf between the Bangladeshis and the two African countries.
Old March 6, 2006, 05:34 AM
Street Cricketer

hey people, anyome know how to get live-free coverage of the second test V Sri Lanka over the net at all????? would be most gratefull!!!!!!
Old March 6, 2006, 08:08 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
Count me in as putting my money in to the possibility that Kenya may win 2 matches. Tikolo is a matchwinner and has seen off many a BD bowler. And Kenya should play Tests soon.
I don't think only Tikolo can make the difference. Bangladesh has progressed well in recent days and I believe there is guld of differences in quality of cricket between Bangladesh and Kenya. We should win 4-0. Kenya has got a very poor first class or domestic facility and almost no finances in cricket. I don't think Kenya will be playing test in coming five years.

Certainly Bangladesh will take the series.
Old March 6, 2006, 08:15 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I don't know we would win 4-0 or not, but we SHOULD, no doubt about that. kenya is no match for us anymore, and we need to prove that. but again, we are the one who lost to canada, and that is the reason I can't say we will win all 4 for sure.
Old March 6, 2006, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by lance_klusner
If we win against Kenya 4-0..how much will our rating be ????

How many matches did kenya win so far????and we wont jst 11 so far...rite???

so..after the kenya series Inshallah we win15 al together and how about Kenya????
Our rating will be 24. Kenya's 7. (ICC calculator)
matches winning within the last year weighs more point than the the previous two years. Anything before that will not be counted.
Old March 6, 2006, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Inshallah we shud b able to win...its high time we put the Kenyans back in their place
Old March 6, 2006, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

How about labelling our U19 team as national team for the Kenya series only coz it gonna be a big big big shame loosing to kenya, they dint earn test status....loosing to a non-test playing nation is big shame for ny country playing test....and plus if our national team looses to kenya, it will be mentally very bad for them...

So, if its our u19..we gonna win for sure...4-0 and that very convincingly...if it our national team, we may loose one and also even if we win we wont win convincingly....

So, let us play our u19 against Kenya...

i dont mean to bring our u19 to national team forever...jst when its kenya we r to play or zimbo, make our 19 play them....

Edited on, March 6, 2006, 1:54 PM GMT, by lance_klusner.
Old March 6, 2006, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Well, regrading the latest ZIM vs. KEN serries, have you noticed what was said by Mr. Martin Williamson ( Managing editor of Cricinfo) -

What this did show was that these two sides are probably scrapping for 10th and 11th places in the world rankings. The series between Bangladesh and Kenya later this month should confirm that there is now a big and growing gulf between the Bangladeshis and the two African countries.

Unquote

Hope he is right, absolutely!!

Here is the full article:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/zimvk...ry/239628.html
Old March 6, 2006, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
How about labelling our U19 team as national team for the Kenya series only coz it gonna be a big big big shame loosing to kenya, they dint earn test status....loosing to a non-test playing nation is big shame for ny country playing test....and plus if our national team looses to kenya, it will be mentally very bad for them...

So, if its our u19..we gonna win for sure...4-0 and that very convincingly...if it our national team, we may loose one and also even if we win we wont win convincingly....

i dont mean to bring our u19 to national team forever...jst when its kenya we r to play or zimbo, make our 19 play them....

so you really think our under-19 team is stronger than our national team?? Cuz if our national team can't beat them 4-0, how can you expect our under-19 team to do so?? :duh:
Old March 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
Quote:

so you really think our under-19 team is stronger than our national team?? Cuz if our national team can't beat them 4-0, how can you expect our under-19 team to do so?? :duh:
Its not about thinking...Most people will agree with the fact that u19 will thrash Kenya. U19 as team is excellent...our national team as a team aint that great...and our captain..bashar is not a guy who'z got some killer instinct...i would actually like to include mashrafee and rasel in u19 in place of those two pacers in u19 coz mash and rasel are better than them....
Old March 6, 2006, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I am not so sure how many people will agree with you.... obviously under-19 are doing quite well but mind you... they are not playing australia or South african national team... under-19 standard is much lower than the international level...
Old March 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Why Kenya is not playing BD-A or a BCCI-11? Make it a 3 match series and make them play two parctice matches before the real one. That will be win-win situation. Kenya will have prictice and if we happen ro beat then in those the senior boys will not have a little less pressure.

Mind you, this game brings more pressure than that of playing against a test nation. Mind set will be that we cannot afford to loose. On the other hand, Kenya has nothing to loose or at least not much too loose.
Old March 6, 2006, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

We are so scared that I am writing the 100 th post of this thread...
Old March 6, 2006, 05:01 PM
Cricket Sage

I am soo sacred that I think this thread deserves more than 100th Post by this time so that we can say 100plus. Therefore .....
Old March 9, 2006, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
I don't know we would win 4-0 or not, but we SHOULD, no doubt about that. kenya is no match for us anymore, and we need to prove that. but again, we are the one who lost to canada, and that is the reason I can't say we will win all 4 for sure.
Mentally this team towers over the team that played the 2003 world cup.

The pace trio we have now+Aftab, give us the trump card that we didn't have then.

I can't wait for the series. I don't know why you guys are so afraid. Don't think like the 2003 world cup players.
Old March 9, 2006, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

They (Kenya) are not even half of the team they were from 2003. Losing to Zim's current team even one game should tell you the story. I can wait to read all the articles after the kenyan ODI series.
Old March 9, 2006, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Wht ppl say...

I will say Kenya are mentally more strng against us when the play coz our cricketers are afraid of Tikolo and Oteno......

I swear..Mash, Rasel, Rajib need to thrash kenyan's hard..

i dont give a dam bout their bowling....except for collins obuya..