facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 14, 2010, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

People need to CHILL the eff out. Go sip on a thanda RC cola.

Dhaka is a great city to many of us here because of the reasons Rabz mentioned.

Still, it has an exorbitant amount of problems that need to be addressed, starting with the very nature of its citizens.

If I recall correctly, ZeeshanM had a post from a while ago where he basically ripped on the hypocritical, two-faced nature of most Bangladeshis (too lazy to retrieve it - a little help, ZM?) Most of Dhaka's citizens complain about inactions by the government and other citizens that lead to the problems that plague the city - but when its time to do their own part, they shy away! (Don't try to change my opinion on this - I am sure there are some of you out there you don't fit this description - but from my experience this is overwhelmingly true! This includes members of my own extended families and friends and other relatives.)

"Parasite" was a good word, in my opinion, because that's what we are most of the time. We all want to take and take but give nothing in return. Bitch and whine at the government all you want - but ultimately, we'll see, that the people in the government are just like us - only that they hold more power.

So pay your fair taxes. Obey the traffic laws that you blame others of breaking. Don't dump your trash in the streets while complaining about the smell from other people's garbage. Don't pretend you aren't home when government officials come by to license your TVs etc. Do not have a lengthy debate about the evils of corruption, only to ghush your way out of a problem (while rationalizing that ei deshe ghush chara kichu hoina.) Do NOT be a hypocrite.

Citizens are the face of a city - not its lakes or buildings or gardens. Dhaka will change when we will change.