facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 15, 2004, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Chucking or not?- ICC\'s new changes!

Old November 15, 2004, 02:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

I just wanted to know about ppl's views about the whole fiasco of chucking, the so-called racism in cricket/ICC and the whole Murali deal!
I know that i often chuck the ball- but my coached told me that it seems that way mainly because i use my wrist while delivering the ball, just like Glenn Mcgrath does!
I think it is wrong and a very strong accusation to call the Aussies as racist. I would say we asians don't share the same sense of humor as the Aussies, but it doesn't mean that they are racists! Anyway, i want this post to continue and i might contribute to this further when others join it!
Old November 15, 2004, 04:51 PM
Retired BC Admin

Chucking is in the laws of the beholders only. Some people chucks because others aren't aware of it and yet other people chucks because they aren't aware of it. But when everybody learns about it, ICC changes the law. The end.
Old November 15, 2004, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

ICC say that 99% of bowlers chuck with the current laws. Now i dont know what you are talking about racist. In My opinion Murali chucks, Shoaib chucks, Brett Lee chucks. Now Murali has accused Glenn Mcgrath, Brett Lee (understandably) and Jason Gillespie of being chuckers. Now i dont understand his logic. Brett Lee does chuck but the others dont.
Old November 15, 2004, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

LOL I've been following this furor (mainly AU vs SL). It's quite hilarious

"Hayden and Warne urged officials to trust the human eye rather than technology." source

"McGrath is bowling about 13 [degrees], Gillespie about 12 and Brett Lee about 14 or 15, so what about them then, the Australian players?" Muralitharan said on Melbourne radio station Sport927. "What about other international players?"

Murali's interview, in which he also described some Australian cricketers as "ignorant", drew a stinging response from Lee's manager, Neil Maxwell. "People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones," source

haha! It's just like RSC..