facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 9, 2018, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Having looked at the dismissals from both innings... I don't think the pitch had much to do with the result. WI just came short in terms of pacing the innings and got out mostly to release shots. Their dot ball count was extremely high. A quality batting side would've easily added another 100 runs on the board.the wicket was a bit slow and they couldn't adjust to it..
You should know better than judging a pitch based on highlights or CI commentary. It was not really slow or offering any turn. It was not offering any seam movement either.

Main challenge was that it was generating surprise bounce every now and then, and at times coming low. WI batsmen were struggling to get their timing right because of the uneven nature of the pitch. Looks like same happened to strokemakers from our side, who relys on timing, as well.

We carried our thinking from the Test series that we will have to temper with the pitch to win. IMO, Bangladesh is a much better ODI side, and should have backed herself on a sporting pitch.

Again, this match serves no purpose in gauging our players' skill for WC or to help them prepare for it. WC wickets will be super flat where bowlers have to learn to restrict run without assistance from pitch, and batsmen will have to trust their timing and play aggressively. To me, this was a costly waste of an opportunity, given we have only a handful of ODIs leading to WC.

Old December 9, 2018, 02:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

What needs rethinking was the ground placing by Mashrafe. Don’t know why he put the worst fielder Ariful at point. Also why he put Mamadullah at cover he is not a fast runner and risk taker as he used to be.

However some of the fielding was exceptionally good. Miraz, Liton and Tamim made some exceptional catches and on field saves.
Old December 9, 2018, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

আশরাফুল এই মাঠে খেললে বলতো "বলটা হঠাৎ করে লাফিয়ে ওঠায় আমি রান আউট হয়ে যাই, সবই ভাগ্য!"
Old December 9, 2018, 04:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
আশরাফুল এই মাঠে খেললে বলতো "বলটা হঠাৎ করে লাফিয়ে ওঠায় আমি রান আউট হয়ে যাই, সবই ভাগ্য!"
I should come to BC just to read your comments... makes my day
Old December 9, 2018, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Not lately. Since his debut. Also it only took him only 10 years to get his avg. past 30. In today's age, not even teams like Nepal would give their guys that kind of freedom to develop. Plus, he is a cancer in the locker room, shouting at others for their mistakes, while laughing away his own mistakes.

But yes, he cannot be dropped because of his batting now. But I wouldn't mind if he was, because Bd would be making a bold statement in doing so, making an example out of him. You talk about keeping now, I have been on his keeping since 2012, that is a full 6+ years ago. Not many supported me then. After years of hammering the point into people's heads, now some are coming around to admitting that he is a poor keeper.
Man you say stuffs like this as if there is a gun batsmen ready to replace Rahim. Forget about his keeping, he had been avg'ing like a boss like any other quality batsmen in the world. I agree that he needs to hang up his gloves and only play as a batsmen but dropping him for a ninkampoop like Sabbir and co ain't going to solve anything.

Why just stop at him for his shouting? If anyone deserves to get the chop for shouting it's Shakib. Classy attitude both on/off field. Also Tamim did take his sweet time to hone his batting as well. All 3 honed their cricket skills to their max potential in international and took almost the same time - Shakib took less time but it is what it is.
Old December 9, 2018, 06:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I should come to BC just to read your comments... makes my day
Hehe, good to see you
Old December 9, 2018, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Again, this match serves no purpose in gauging our players' skill for WC or to help them prepare for it. WC wickets will be super flat where bowlers have to learn to restrict run without assistance from pitch, and batsmen will have to trust their timing and play aggressively. To me, this was a costly waste of an opportunity, given we have only a handful of ODIs leading to WC.
I agree with this. I think it will be relatively easy for us to beat WI ODI team at home. i think we should put batting pitches up so we can chase down whatever they put up on board. Currenlty table point do not matter so it's ok to lose in the process which i don't think we will but we are not being tested properly.
Old December 10, 2018, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Hehe, good to see you
আমি আজকে প্রথম আপনার আশরাফুল কে নিয়ে করা প্যারোডি পড়লাম অন্য থ্রেডে ...উফ ব্রিলিয়ান্ট
Old December 10, 2018, 05:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Man you say stuffs like this as if there is a gun batsmen ready to replace Rahim. Forget about his keeping, he had been avg'ing like a boss like any other quality batsmen in the world. I agree that he needs to hang up his gloves and only play as a batsmen but dropping him for a ninkampoop like Sabbir and co ain't going to solve anything.

Why just stop at him for his shouting? If anyone deserves to get the chop for shouting it's Shakib. Classy attitude both on/off field. Also Tamim did take his sweet time to hone his batting as well. All 3 honed their cricket skills to their max potential in international and took almost the same time - Shakib took less time but it is what it is.
You are right. Tamim also took his time, but the difference is Tamim acknowledges that! Plus he has been a class apart from all the rest including Mushfiq. Mushfiq and Kayes have been in the same level last 3 years. Avg. 47 and 44 respectively. But you don't have any lackeys for Kayes do you now? It is what it is, I am just pointing it out to you. You must not get mad. To be fair, you don't. You make points to which I make counter points. I am almost done writing my piece on Rahim, I will cite as you as one of the people who urged me to write it, because you are genuinely curious to know why I am so anti-Rahim.

But then... there are also lackeys, and I am going to be more direct from now on using that word to describe this group. It is what it is. They encourage you to tone it down, you do that taking the high road, but then you realize that their real motive if to restrict your freedom of speech because they are quick to pounce on you every time you go back to the topic. Taking the soft tone won't work with lackeys,they must be slapped with the truth as often as possible, because it is the language that they understand.