facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 6, 2012, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

So you want to move a 100 Gs Zeeshan and can't find a way to do it?

Move it in coke. 2 bricks, roughly one pound each. $100,000 on the market, possibly more.

Old December 6, 2012, 05:36 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

and the winning prize for the worst advice goes to....
Old December 6, 2012, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
and the winning prize for the worst advice goes to....
One in each sock.
Old December 6, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
iDumb bhai... if you don't have savings for a year that's fine, chill...Jesus still loves you! but plz don't take that frustration out on me!

I am not talking about fresh graduates moving there to seek a new life... Obviously when you are a student or a just joined work you would not be looking at buying house/cars etc. I am talking about the wealthy people here in BD deciding to sell their Gulshan/Banani properties and settling in Canada/US
I think you are just trying to defend a nonsensical out of reality post of your with another equally nonsensical post. Why would wealthy familly move to US/Canada? It's very common for wealthy people to send their children here and they end up staying here but there would be very few if any for whatever reason for wealthy bangladeshis to move here. We are talking about majority of ppl, when they move, they live like the way afjar has explained.....

I don't know what frustrations you are talking about? Poor people are never frustrated haha..
Old December 6, 2012, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Homie we are talking California here, not your suburbs of Jackson Heights. 300k r niche kono house nai kothau. Unless you want to remodel them.

And besides it's not be under my name. TMI but I terminated like eight contracts and my credit is in the drain.

I will prolly buy under my mommy's name or my brand new g/fs name.
Zeeshan, do you have any idea about costs of housing in Jackson Heights bro? NY is the only place that didn't take much of a housing hit. Go to zillow.com and type jackson heights ny and look for yourself.

California i think took pretty bad housing hit as well. Listen man, my point is don't buy more house than you can't afford. And the house that you can afford, you wanna be strategically smart. That's all I am saying.

There are ppl that buy house for aesthetics (like my wife), and there are people that buy houses as investment (like me). Now my return on investment would be much higher if my downpayment is the least possible in rental. but if you gonna live in the house for life, then paying it off as fast as possible is the best. But given the currently low mortgage rate, and in a stable rental market, I think it is wise to buy house as soon as possible. and I think house price will go up from here and will stabilize...
Old December 6, 2012, 09:08 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

@idumb: I am not stating a general trend here. It's more from my personal experience. I know of a few families who are family friends that moved just like the way i described and I wondered how they managed to move their finances. One of the uncle and aunt that i know of moved to Canada did so after their youngest son died suddenly in Dhaka and they wanted to live close to their daughter.
I am sorry that it doesn't make sense to you... perhaps you can just ignore my post altogether.
Old December 7, 2012, 12:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Once again you are forgetting that money laundering has to do more with illegally earned money.

Let me dumb it down further what I advised zeeshan: Person A pays person B money in Bangladesh. This transaction cannot be deemed illegal unless the sources of the money is illegal. I hope you agree this much.

Person B pays money to person A in USA. This transaction in itself is not illegal unless the money is earned illegally by person B. If the source of the money is legal then these two transactions cannot be deemed illegal from any angle. I am not a law expert but common sense says it cannot be.

These two transactions are not exactly transferring funds from one country to another. If you can show me that any government would deem any of these transactions as illegal then I would agree that it is money laundering provided the funds were earned illegally in the first place.
Sure, thanks for dumbing it down - I feel a lot smarter now. You've made your point clear. It's not money laundering - it's illegal transfer of money. Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
good thread, but only one answer: There is no legal way to take out the whole amount of money from Bangladesh

Bangladesh Bank does not such want such a huge amount of Money to leave Bangladesh, so they have all sorts of restrictions in place.
Hence it's illegal.

What most people in BD don't get is, using loopholes in our laws doesn't necessarily make something "legal". I hate it when the biz folks say "I didn't do anything illegal, I just used the loopholes in our legal system". What effing difference does that make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
@shuziburo and Tiger eye: I work in a bank so I am well are of these. Any transactions over $10k are reported but not all transactions are investigated. They are investigated if it is suspicious.
Correction - you don't work at a bank. You work in the insurance side of a financial institution. Hence your source is bhua.
Old December 7, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Sure, thanks for dumbing it down - I feel a lot smarter now. You've made your point clear. It's not money laundering - it's illegal transfer of money. Happy?

Hence it's illegal.

What most people in BD don't get is, using loopholes in our laws doesn't necessarily make something "legal". I hate it when the biz folks say "I didn't do anything illegal, I just used the loopholes in our legal system". What effing difference does that make?

Correction - you don't work at a bank. You work in the insurance side of a financial institution. Hence your source is bhua.
You cannot reason with an unreasonable person.
You are wrong about both money laundering and illegal transfer of money or whatever term you use. There is no physical transfer of funds out of bangladesh by the process I suggested. But I give up because I cannot reason with a person who is not reasonable.

Yes I work for the insurance segment of the bank. However as an employee of a FI every employee regardless of which silo they report under has to take Anti Moneylaundering courses annually and pass a simple exam on it. Hence I can safely say that my understanding of AML is much better than yours. My job requires me to know about it.

But I have no need or urge to try and reason with you any more about whats legal transfer of money or money laundering given that you are such a smart a** who knows everything.
I will recommend my boss's to hire your service to educate us more on Money Laundering and illegal transfer of money.
Old December 8, 2012, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

The last thing you need is to learn from people working at banks about money laundering. Like they have a good record...

HSBC

JPMorgan and Bank of America

Wachovia

Citibank
Old March 4, 2013, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I know someone who has business operations in both Bangladesh and US. Will it be easier for him to transfer funds to US? Anybody care to share any insights into this? Thx.
Old March 6, 2013, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Zeeshan so update us how you transferred the money. I still can't believe you have that much money.
How did you get them. Sold your grand daddys house.
Old March 16, 2013, 09:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Did you find any such business sources who can help transferring funds from BD to US? Please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I know someone who has business operations in both Bangladesh and US. Will it be easier for him to transfer funds to US? Anybody care to share any insights into this? Thx.
Old March 16, 2013, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

no luck yet, except transfering limited amount at a time via hundi
Old March 16, 2013, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

^ Zman bhai I'm going to BD soon. You know I'm a pretty trusted guy. I'll deliver few G's to you. Let me know who to contact in BD.
Old March 16, 2013, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

^Thanks for the offer bro. However, the situation applies to someone I know, not necessarily me
Old March 19, 2013, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I've heard of people moving their money to Malaysia and then moving the money from Malaysia to Canada. Not sure about the details though, but it has something to do with the "Malaysia my second home" program.
Old March 22, 2013, 07:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys please help me out. Azfar bhai, when are you coming to Dhaka?
Old March 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

There are two ways to send money from BD to overseas.

1. If you know someone reliable, that's coming to your country (overseas), ask them to convert BDT into USD and bring it with them.

2. You'll find lots of people who send money to BD, just tell them to pay you USD and pay their families BDT in bangladesh. This way many people agrees as they don't have to pay transfer fee and will get better rate.

Hope that helps please don't harass me by saying legal or illegal.
Old March 24, 2013, 09:07 PM
Cricket Legend

3. make friendship with Shahadat Hossain (SRK), he travels a lot and could be useful for this purpose .
Old March 25, 2013, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

That post by Zeeshan about housing in Jackson Heights really made my day.

LOL.
Old March 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Turns out this is an important thread. No house means no private room. And no private room means no late night chat with blonde or brunette gf. And no gf means no life. So ultimately if no one comes up with a good solution I will end up having no life.

Let the games begin.
Old March 27, 2013, 03:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Gopal, I say keep going back home to Dhak and bring back $5,000 cash on each trip, I know this way you probably only would be able to bring about $50k of the whole/total $100k due to many trips/plane tickets and my proposal below, but do consider it.....and each trip go see Bhrahmaputra river, and try swim in it, bhai I did, on low tide...go see Khulna, Bagerhut, Dinajpur, Rongpur, Mymensingh, Sonargao Isa Khan Capital/Museum, DInajpur, Bahadurabad have a lot of Rajbaris, Zamindaar bari ruins, large Dighis etc, temples....then go to Bogra and Rajshahi, buddhists ruins, rajbaris....then Natore, Kushtia - Rabi Thaukr bari, Munshiganz, - recently archeological dig of another Buddhist Monestery of ancient Bangla-Bongo....these are very important discoveries in relation to finding out who we are as a people and how rich and iverse our ancestorial roots are and how deep that roots are..

And after collection some good/rich amount of pics/cassatte tape conversasions with local elders, historians, locan Universities/colleges/school teachers and a decent amount of datas you write a nice book, Gopal, I am giving you the whole string...and publish it through Simon and Schuster and format it large, high glose peper finish with lots of pictures, pure coffee table book and there you are on people's coffee table on the top shelf...and in the process you will come out another few hundreds of thousands and build a larger home structure for yourself.
Old March 29, 2013, 04:48 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram Adam Gilcrist

There are NO LEGAL WAY OF SENDING MONEY TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY FROM BANGLADESH.

The only way to end money is by laundering it; aka HUNDI GIRI KORE PATHA TE HOBE. Though you gotta pay a commission for the 3rd party, but atleast you will get the amount.

I tried the "Legal" way of sending money to Pakistan's CA Sports for the two bats I wanted to buy, but it according to all banks, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. My wife who also works in a bank here in Bangladesh says the only way to send money is through HUNDI GIRI.

HOPE YOU ALL KNOW WHAT IT IS.
Old April 14, 2013, 10:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys, Please leave me a PM if someone wants to send money from US to BD.
Old April 21, 2013, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

25 million (200 crore taka) transfered by Standard Chartered bank.

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...22042013190756